Team GO Rocket are going to blast off for good!
Hello once again PXR readers, Genesect here with a third and final installment of Pokemon GO tips. These tips that you can use to help you get the most out of the game. Today we focus on battles with Team GO Rocket. If you have not yet read the previous installments, I highly suggest you check out part one and two.
Team GO Rocket: Switch ’em Up

With Team GO Rocket making an appearance all over the world at both PokeStops and in Balloons. It’s your job to take them out. When you meet them face to face they will give you a hint to what type they are going to use. You are going to want to counter them with a type that will be super effective against them. I’m not here to teach you the type match-up chart. There are plenty of resources for that. My goal here is to teach you a trick. One that will help you retain valuable Revives for when you actually need them.
The trick is to switch out your Pokemon just before your HP bar runs out. Ideally, you should be able to take out a GO Rocket Grunt with two Pokemon that hit for super effective damage. The third is to act as a backup if needed.
I came up with this when I was doing remote raids, hunting for a shiny Genesect. I was quickly running out of usable Pokemon. That is because I was letting them faint during raid (and Team GO Rocket) battles. My Revives were being used up and before long, I was out and had over twenty fainted Pokemon. PokeStops and Gifts weren’t giving as many Revives as often as I would have liked. I needed to rethink my strategy in battle. I came up with “The Switch.”
This is super simple; when you see yourself running low on health, switch to a second Pokemon to finish the job. One thing to keep in mind is switching comes with a cool down timer of 60 second. You would want to make sure you can take a few hits before knocking out your opponent. This works in Raid and Gym battles as well, but without the cool down timer so there is less worry about.
Lets talk about using Potions and Revives without being wasteful.

• Max Revives should only be used when healing your team in the middle of a Raid battle, when time is of the essence.
  • Max Potions are great for Pokemon at 1 HP or Pokemon with high HP such as Legendaries and Blissey.
  • Save your Hyper Potion for non Legendary Pokemon near death.
  • Potions and Super Potions are best used when the Pokemon you are healing is in the green health, and just needs a little top up.

Team GO Rocket: Remember Me

You have faced several Grunts of varying types, the leaders now fear you, even the boss knows better than to mess with you. It can be tricky remembering which Tyranitar of yours is best against Sierra, or what exactly do you need against psychic types. Thankfully the game remembers all that, you just need to know how to trigger it. Note that this only works with Grunts and Leaders you have faced before. If you come across Leader Arlo for the first time, you will need to select the appropriate team and defeat them once for this trick to work in the future.
Encounter anyone from Team GO Rocket, and listen to what they have to say. When you get to the Pokemon selection screen, run from them.

Re-encounter them again and when you get to the Pokemon selection screen you may notice it recommends different Pokemon than before. This is the team you used last time you faced that specific person.
Need help coming up with the best team to defeat the Team GO Rocket Boss and Leaders: Arlo, Cliff, Sierra, Giovanni? Click the Leader giving you the most trouble and get help from Pokemon GO Hub. Remember to have a space in your Egg inventory to receive a 12km Strange Egg as there are some Pokemon only hatching from these.
There we have it, you are now armed with all the tools to level up in time for the level cap increase and defeat the Team GO Rocket without wasting all your Revives and Potions.
See you around, Genesect!
The post Tips to Take Down Team GO Rocket in Pokemon GO appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.