Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Just as a general update I do intend to sign up for this I have just been very stumped when it comes to making a character
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

@Noblejanobii

Take your time--I'm in no hurry
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Character's name: Nakano Tanaka
    Character's age: 17
    Character's physical appearance: Nakano is 5’7” and weighs 140 pounds. She has dark blue black hair that she usually wears in a high ponytail. She has heterochromia with her right eye being a dark green and her left eye being a dark brown. She has a fairly muscular frame, especially her upper body due to her occupation.
    Character's personality/known history: Nakano has a rather gungho personality. While she can be disciplined and serious as needed, Nakano won’t deny her sense of adventure. She greatly enjoys exploring the countryside and training with her Pokémon. Nakano also enjoys eating a lot, so it isn’t uncommon to see her snacking on something even when she’s really not supposed to.

Nakano was born in the Kingdom of Fontaine. She was born the daughter to a blacksmith and from a young age took a great interest in the art of weaponsmithing. Her father taught her everything he knew, eventually allowing her to forge the one of the two blades she wields today (the other he crafted himself).

Along with her growing skills in weaponsmithing, Nakano began to train in how to use the blade as well, excelling as a sword master from a young age. She adopted the Bravado style of sword technique, allowing her to draw the attention of her opponents to her and potentially intimidate them to give them a disadvantage when attacking. She furthered this ability through the Skirmisher discipline, which allowed her to learn techniques to protect her allies in battle.

All in all, while Nakano is very skilled with the blade, the biggest thing she brings to a fight is her ability to protect her allies while also dishing out lots of damage. This is part of why she was recruited in the fight against Nobunaga. Her training made her an optimal choice for protecting Juno.
    Character's skills: Nakano is pretty much the definition of the home-brew Swordsmaster class in D&D. You can find a full run down of it here but I’ll detail what all major skills she has here.

She has immense skill with her blade and is able to perform repairs on her weaponry so long as she has the proper tools to do so. Her sword style, Bravado, gives her the ability to focus opponent’s attention on her and act as an intimidation factor to potentially scare them off or lower the strength of oncoming attacks. Her discipline of Skirmisher gives her access to the ability “Shove”, which allows her to be the recipient of an attack instead of one of her allies so long as they are in close proximity.
    Character's known Pokemon: Kichirou the Dewott is Nakano’s only Pokémon at the moment. He is Nakano’s starter, being a perfect fit due to their common interest in the art of the blade. They often spend a lot of time training and sparing together. But when they aren’t doing that, they get up to all sorts of fun around Fontaine, especially when it comes to gorging themselves on food.
    Character's current inventory:
    • 1,000 sen
    • Two katanas (one forged by herself and the other by her father)
    • A supply bag
    • A bedroll
    • A waterskin
    • A day’s worth of fresh fruit
    / / / / / / / /

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Noblejanobii

That looks great! You're good to go!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

7. This post has been liked by:

Heya, @EmeraldSky, just had a quick question regarding your last post in the RP thread--is that supposed to be kind of like the tip you gave Neo earlier about the theater, or is that supposed to be an actual post/location change? I've tried looking over it a few times and I'm still really confused as to what it is.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Senior Moderator

@Winter

It is meant to be a location change--since you are now officially out on the overworld.

I apologize if it was not clearer.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hey Emerald is the whole RP going to be this sort of narrative style or are we going to have more time to slow down and interact a bit? You mentioned the theater to Neo so my assumption is yes but I wanted to ask what sort of balance you had planned.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Moderator

@Noblejanobii

You will have a chance to slow down and interact a little--the theater is one way to build the world, give you a chance to interact with each other (it is encouraged for audiences to cheer for really good plays, and heckle bad ones) There are other opportunities for world building and exploring places too.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Character's name: Mirei Sumeragi
    Character's age: 17
    Character's physical appearance: Stands around 5’6, with long dark hair and a rather wiry build. She stands light on her feet, always looking like she could bolt away at a moments notice.
    She wears a dark grey dress with dark red trimming and two dark red spots on the skirt similar to the spots on a Zorua’s head.

Character's personality/known history: Born to a minor noble family in Aurora, Mirei has a mischievous personality, liking to play tricks and pranks on anyone she can. She’s strong willed and stubborn at times, always begrudging to follow other peoples rules and orders, instead preferring to be the one giving the commands.
    She has a strong ambition, dreaming of someday ruling the entire Ransei region, and as such has a personal dislike for Nobunaga, who she sees as a personal rival. However, she tries to hide this from other people, pretending that she’s just a trickster with no goal beside spreading chaos.

Growing up Mirei enjoyed playing war games, Shogi being a personal favourite, though she liked anything that was a battle of wits with her opponent, the longer term strategy required the better.
    She was trained in the Yaksha ninja skills passed down from her ancestors, but found those lessons dull and barely payed any attention, only finding interest in the Illusion techniques they taught.

From her lessons she learned her families past as rulers of Yaksha, which lead Mirei to dream of reclaiming the kingdom for herself. As she grew, so too did her dream, with her families ancestral home becoming merely a stepping stone on the way to her new goal of ruling the entire continent of Ransei.

Upon hearing rumors of the Rainbow Goddess had appeared in a small village, Mirei wanted to assist her, seeing an opportunity to stop her main opposition Nobunaga once and for all. However, because of her lack of combat experience coupled with their desire not to anger the potential future ruler, her parents forbade her from joining the group.
    Despite this, Mirei’s mind was made up, so she put what little of her training she remembered into action, sneaking away in the dead of night and making for Hajime, determined to see if the rumors were true, and if so join the Rainbow Goddess and put an end to Nobunaga’s conquests one and for all.

Character's skills: She was trained in the art of the Yaksha Ninja, but didn’t pay much attention. She is able to sneak around near silently, but that’s about it.
    She also knows low level Illusion magic, being able to create minor illusions that disappear into smoke when touched, and can detect when magic is being used around her, but only if she makes a conscious effort.
    Combat wise, she caries several Kunai, with one attached to a chain both for easier recovery and also to be used to trip or tangle foes.

Character's known Pokemon, if any (up to 3--any non-Legendary among the 896 known Pokemon is allowed)
    Zorua ♀ - Arisu
    Mirei’s partner in crime, Arisu is just as much a prankster as her partner. She is a direct descendant of the Zoroark partnered to the last Sumeragi ruler of Yaksha, whose egg was given to Mirei when she was a child to help teach her responsibility. Over time many believe that the Arisu corrupted Mirei, making her a prankster like the Zorua, when if anything the opposite was true. However, the pokemon’s pedigree prevented anyone from acting on these concerns, and so the two remain inseparable.

Venipede ♂ - Kin
    Received as a gift for her 15th birthday. Loyal but with a sullen disposition, Mirei has yet to form a proper bond with him, believing that it is an attempt to give her a more “proper” pokemon to replace Arisu. Nevertheless, despite the perfect opportunity to ditch him, she took him with her on her journey, telling herself it was only because his poisons might be useful.

Character's current inventory:
    25,000 sen. (She keeps it hidden from most people, pretending she only has about 1,000)
    Two regular Kunai, and a third Kunai attached to a thin chain
    A bedroll
    A box of Ponigiri
    Various medicinal herbs, each in separate pouches with labels for what to use them for.
    A gold pendant shaped like a Zorua’s head.

13. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Shruikan

That looks great! You're good to go!