Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers: @Desolate Divine

Avery followed behind Alyssa as she led them over to a small bench. They waited patiently as she got set up, relaxing their smile a bit. Avery was used to being interviewed by Contest Reporters, so they knew what to expect whether it was a big station like the Performers and Coordinator Programming Network (PCPN for short), or a smaller outlet like Sinnoh Contests Weekly. But they weren’t used to being interviewed by battling networks. Other than a few interviews they did in the Galar Circuit, Avery hadn’t ever really done tournament interviews before. Still, Alyssa didn’t seem like a malicious sort and BattleNet was fairly reputable, so Avery doubted this be something like the content Contest Wars put out.

Avery listened carefully as Alyssa stated her four questions. They took a moment to think over their responses before answering.

The first question was somewhat easy. They had taken the time to come up with a convenient backstory for why they were on this cruise in the first place, especially when they were rather out of place otherwise.

“Well with the Lilycove Grand Festival ribbon being the latest under my belt, I decided to take a bit of a break from contests in order to study more techniques from battling. While I might be among the firsts to dabble and utilize techniques from Pokemon Musicals and other types of competitions, I will not be the last. Other younger coordinators are already stepping up to the plate to challenge me, especially in the battler front. So I thought I might pick back up my own battler styles to compete. One of my friends heard about my decision and passed along an invitation to the tournament which I gladly accepted.

“As for how the tournament has gone thus far, I must admit it’s much better than I anticipated. Candidly, I did not expect to make it this far, but it seems my Pokémon partners are set to prove to me exactly how strong they are.”

Avery stopped to recall the battle from the night before. They had faced off against a Tyson Daveson the previous night. He had been a fearsome opponent that had been neck and neck with Avery for the entire fight. Gloria only managed to snag the win by a hair at the end.

“I wasn’t sure what to expect out of last night’s battle. Mr. Daveson specializes in steel types, which is not something I have much of a counter for. He had definitely done his research on me given two of his Pokémon were an Escavalier and a Scizor. Those two powerful bugs could have easily crippled about half of my team. Thankfully, I anticipated something like that and led with Daybreak, my Rapidash, with Knautia, my Zebstrika, in reserves to handle the two Bug/Steel types. But his Steelix was another matter, of which neither Daybreak nor Knautia could effectively handle. Thankfully, they managed to weaken it enough that Gloria could take out the Steelix, even if it was just by the skin of our teeth. Still, I trusted in my partners and they trusted in me. Ultimately it was Gloria’s quick thinking that got us the win last night. Without it, Mr. Daveson would be sitting here with you now, not me.”

Avery gave Gloria an approving pat as they paused for a moment, wanting to remind the Shaymin of her great accomplishment. “As for tonight’s match…” Avery gave a nervous laugh and began to play with their earring. “In all candor, I’m not too confident. With how close my battle against Mr. Daveson was, even with a Pokémon that had a type advantage against his team, I don’t anticipate the battle for the finals going in my favor. Ms. Cassandra fancies her fire types, of which I don’t have a particularly strong counter. Knautia might be able to weaken her team given he knows Rain Dance, and Daybreak does know High Horsepower, but other than that, my best bet is just to brute force the win, which I don’t anticipate being the most effective strategy for this situation.

“Still, I’m grateful to have gotten as far as I have. My partners have done far better than I anticipated and I couldn’t be more proud of them. Besides, what better opponent to go out against than one of the infamous Diamond Ladies?”

Avery stopped messing with the earring and stopped again in thought before saying, “I think I might continue the battler’s route for the time being. I have five badges from the Galar Circuit so I had been contemplating completing the last three gyms needed to compete in the champion’s cup at the end of the year. But I haven’t fully committed to that idea yet so I might change my mind yet.”

Avery smiled at Alyssa and said, “Hopefully that answers your questions?”
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Jimmy Kendo
    Central Park

After walking around for some time. Jimmy and his Pikachu both found themselves in Central Park. Nothing found while looking around outside

"Ugh, I swear it feels like we've walked around for hours now and still nothing of value. These Diamond Ladies sure are something." Jimmy said as he takes a seat on a nearby bench.

Pikachu flopped down on the seat right beside Jimmy seeming tired himself.

I'm sure we will come across something sooner or later. Though it does make me wonder if there's anything new to offer. Maybe some of the other operatives may have something to offer. It's just this place is too big to assume we can search it ourselves. As much as we'd like to right?" Jimmy saying to his Pikachu.

Pikachu seemed to be out of it asleep by his side.

His mind started to wonder. Thinking of what could be expected from this battle to come. With the Diamond Ladies set to make an appearance again. What could happen next. This battle to come was probably going to be a thriller. Time would tell in this case.with something mysterious happening involving that room. It couldn't get off his mind. What had truly happened in that room and what does that footage show? What does it really mean. Perplexing as it was just thinking about it wouldn't do much. It's like trying to figure out a magic trick. Without knowledge of the trick first. You're better off just enjoying the show than confusing yourself trying to figure it out.

It seemed a little more busy around this area. Maybe cause the battle isn't much farther out. People are still trying to enjoy the cruise. Cafes are still wild with business as are the restaurants.

Jimmy kinda chuckled to himself. "Reminds me of how people acted back when we had an outbreak of Pokerus that affected humans. How no one listened to concerns from the PHC (Pokemon Health Concern) or CDC.

A crowd from an area broke up a little. He took a better look around and his attention was caught by another. Someone he thought looked familiar. Seemed like they were being interviewed by someone else? That or was being wrapped up.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies
    Central Park
    Affected RPers: @Chakramaster

After heading back to their room, taking showers, and getting cleaned up and dressed, Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet headed out to go through Central Park to grab a quick drink from the cafes before heading to the Windjammer Marketplace. The hallway leading from their room was mostly vacant, save for a young boy playing tag with his Rattata.

As they were walking down the hall, Jarena had noticed Cassandra was no longer keeping her large bag of books and regents with her, and she couldn’t help but smirk.

“I guess now you believe me?” Jarena asked with a smug grin.

“You have a point, but let’s not get too reckless,” Cassandra replied, rolling her eyes. “I picked a new hiding spot under the bed and stuffed an extra pillow around it. If you need to get to it, don’t touch the pillow without ‘cleaning’ it first.”

“I gotcha,” Jarena smiled.

And by “cleaning,” Jarena knew exactly what she meant. The pillow itself was hexed and moving it or touching it with their bare hands could spell disaster, although even gloves usually didn’t prevent any kind of affliction. As Jarena was quite familiar with what would result of that, usually they wanted no witnesses to things of that nature, just like the incident last night. Someone being pesky or giving them a hard time could be subdued with a simple hex or spell that would induce sleep, vertigo, or temporary sickness. But anyone that could tell others about what they found that could potentially expose a critical amount of information had to be transformed into a Pokémon that posed little threat and render them incapable of testifying or providing evidence to authorities in the form of human verbal communication. Hence, why such spells had to be used as booby traps.

There was also the concern of what could they do if they had unintentionally hexed each other with spells. They knew how to remove spells and hexes placed before they were triggered, but after the fact posed complications. Usually, they couldn’t be dispelled so easily if they had already made their mark on a victim. And it had happened once with a vertigo spell that Cassandra had made but unintentionally struck Jarena, leaving her dizzy for at least a whole day. But if a Pokémon transformation spell had affected one of them, they wouldn’t know what to do, though Jarena felt it would only be a “we’ll worry about it if it happens” situation. As they had discovered, only a few times did they last for a temporary amount of time. Usually, it was permanent and those that had been struck by it were still Pokémon.

Upon arriving through Central Park, they saw the room become more spacious and filled with trees, shrubs, and foliage to mimic the feeling of an outdoor park, though there was still a ceiling. Meanwhile there were pathways and benches to sit down and relax. The three girls were passing though and noticed there were only a few people here at the moment. Most of the time they had turned heads, and it didn’t take long for them to be recognized, though most people didn’t say anything to them.

There was one avid trainer who approached them, looking excited while holding a glossy Pokéball and a black permanent marker in his hands. He was a young and naďve teenager with long, brown hair, a yellow t-shirt, and blue jeans.

“Miss Cassandra!” the trainer called out, excitedly trying to get her attention as he tried to push his way through the other guests. “Oh Miss Cassandra! Could I get you to autograph my Pokéball, please! It’s my favorite Whismur’s Pokéball!”

Cassandra just sighed and rolled her eyes. She just wanted a cup of chai tea and to see if there was anything interesting on sale today, not deal with this.

“Good lord,” Cassandra sighed as Jarena giggled and Violet grew impatient. “Why now?”

“Oh please, Miss Cassandra!” he pleaded, stepping right in front of them and blocking their way. “It would mean so much to me. Actually, could you all sign it? That would be great!”

“First of all, no,” Cassandra told him bluntly. “Second, my last name is Silvers, so it’s Miss Silvers to you. And third, why even train a Whismur? They’re neither cute nor powerful, and have you seen what they evolve into? Exploud isn’t a Pokémon I would keep with me even if you paid me to.”

“Aww, but I think she’s cute,” the trainer remarked, trying to convince her otherwise. “But if you don’t want to autograph the Pokéball, I can just take a signature.”

“I said no,” Cassandra snapped at him before pushing him aside.

The three girls then walked past him, and despite being rejected, it still didn’t bring down his spirits as he felt he could try again when maybe they were in a better mood.

“Maybe we can battle sometime, it would be fun!” he called out as they left him behind. “Say, what’s your number, I’d love to treat you to dinner sometime!”

“What a loser,” Violet muttered just out of earshot of the trainer.

“He does that again…” Cassandra told the other two, “…do your worst. I’d rather see and hear him throwing up over the side of the boat from ‘sea-sickness’ than go through that again.”

“Aye-aye,” Jarena giggled.

Halfway through their walk through the park, they had been interrupted again, this time by a male Pikachu. As soon as he spotted the three Diamond Ladies, he immediately perked up and tried to get his trainer’s attention, who was taking a break on a nearby park bench. For a minute, it seemed odd to the three girls, and suddenly Cassandra was wondering…

“We’re sure one of them became a Minccino,” Cassandra whispered to Jarena. “The gray fur and paw prints were pretty obvious, but what about the other one?”

“No idea, they could be a number of others,” Jarena replied. “You think that could be the second?”

“Only one way to find out,” Cassandra replied.

As the three lades knew, to make a Pokémon transformation hex or spell work, they needed a small sample of the Pokémon in question, and usually what they used were fur and hair stains as they were the easiest to acquire, especially from common everyday Pokémon like Minccino and many others. Also, they typically used unevolved Pokémon fur samples in case their victim tried to retaliate, though that had yet to happen. However, with many fur samples at hand, Jarena didn’t specifically track which fur strain originated from which Pokémon, she just kept them all together in a bag and took a pinch out when she needed them.

“Say, you have a cute Pikachu,” Cassandra told Jimmy, not sure if he was the Pikachu’s trainer or if in fact the Pikachu was potentially the other operative trying to get the attention of the closest human he could find. “Where did you get him?”

4. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Alyssa Drake
    Central Park
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii ( @Neo Emolga and Chakramaster are nearby but not within earshot)

Avery answered all of the questions well, giving Alyssa plenty of content to work with.

"That's plenty. I will definitely be able to work with that." Alyssa explained, as she stopped the recording, "I have been publishing a recap of the days battles each evening, so late tonight or tomorrow evening, it should be published on BattleNET, if you wanna check it out. Now I just have to track down some other contestants to get some quotes-"

Alyssa's attention was pulled, hearing an outburst from nearby.

“First of all, no,” Said the voice not too far away, “Second, my last name is Silvers, so it’s Miss Silvers to you. And third, why even train a Whismur? They’re neither cute nor powerful, and have you seen what they evolve into? Exploud isn’t a Pokémon I would keep with me even if you paid me to.”

Alyssa turned, recognizing Cassandra Silvers and was slightly surprised to see someone of such prestige being so obnoxious. Whilst it's fair enough to not want to do autographs at a moments notice, insulting the trainer and their Pokemon simply for asking was low.

“Aww, but I think she’s cute,” replied another trainer. “But if you don’t want to autograph the Pokéball, I can just take a signature.”

“I said no,” Cassandra snapped at him before pushing him aside.

As the three young women walked away, Alyssa scowled.

"What a b***h..." Alyssa muttered under her breath, before remembering she was with Avery on business, "S**t, sorry about that. Not very professional of me..."

"My plan was to try and get an interview with her, but based on that, I doubt she will be as helpful about it as you were." Alyssa said to Avery, "For what it's worth, I hope you beat her senseless tonight. If you don't there is a decent chance my husband will see her in the final, but after seeing that, I'd much prefer to see you and him battling for the title, instead of her having a shot at it..."

Alyssa packed up her belongings, before standing up.

"Thanks again! And good luck tonight!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers: @Desolate Divine (Neo Emolga and Chakramaster's characters nearby)

As they finished their interview with Alyssa, Avery started to prepare to thank her, when both their attentions were drawn to an outburst nearby. Avery's expression fell completely flat as Cassandra chewed out some poor fan. It was one thing to treat toxic fans in such a way, but to treat the positive fans in such a manner was utterly disgusting. Avery grit their teeth a little in frustration upon noticing the fan didn't even really seem bothered by it at all. That meant this sort of treatment was not only normal but something she did so much her fans had come to enjoy it.

"How utterly revolting," Avery seethed. Avery quickly covered their mouth, realizing they had spoken aloud. They glanced over at Alyssa and stifled a laugh when they realized she had also had a similar slip of the tongue. "Not very professional of me either. We'll just have to keep it a secret," they said with a quick wink.

Avery began to fiddle with their earring again as Alyssa mentioned trying to score an interview with Cassandra then wishing them luck in battle later. They chuckled and said, "Yeah good luck with that interview. Something tells me she's not going to be the easiest fish to catch. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I don't anticipate a win, but that doesn't mean my team and I won't go down swinging. Who knows, perhaps we're in for a surprise. I'd be honored to face off against your husband in the finals."

Avery stood up alongside Alyssa and waved as she walked off. It was then they noticed the gaggle of garish gals had encircled another trainer. Moving Gloria to their shoulder, Avery moved in their direction. They stopped a little ways a way, leaning against a nearby wall and pretending to mess with their Rotom Phone as they eavesdropped. Part of this was to gather intel on the Diamond Ladies, just on the off chance they said anything useful to this random trainer. But the other part was to step in if they started to gang up on the poor guy. Normally they weren't much for confrontation, but Cassandra's outburst earlier had struck a nerve, and Avery wasn't about to stand by and let her chew out another bystander or fan without intervention.

Turning on the camera, Avery posed with Gloria. "Might as well check and see if this is good lighting for a selfie no?" they said to Gloria. "Min min," the Shaymin replied, winking at the camera as Avery snapped a few photos.
    / / / / / / / /

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Luneth Tarot
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers:
    @Noblejanobii

Luneth yawned as she lay spread eagled on her bed. While it wasn’t as comfortable as her own bed, they had spared no expense on these cabins, and Luneth was loathed to get up.

On the one hand, getting matched up against Cassandra Silvers in the first round of the tournament was disappointing, and she had predictable been demolished by the Diamond Lady. One the other hand, it freed her up to do whatever she wanted the rest of the trip, essentially giving her a free vacation on a high-end cruise liner.

The problem was, there was too many options. Aside from lying in bed all day, which while tempting, she doubted her pokemon would be happy with. So, where to go today? She could go Battle Arena. Circuit would certainly enjoy a chance to fight more new opponents, and maybe she’d meet a famous trainer practicing there? Cassandra was going to be up again tonight, maybe she’d be training there?
    The other option was wander central park. While she didn’t have the funds to buy them, the costumes for sale might give her ideas for her own designs, and there was apparently a shaymin themed cafe that visiting was a must. Nothing else seemed to stand out beside those two options…

By the time she’d gotten dressed and put on her glasses, Luneth still hadn’t decided. Ok then, flip a coin for it. Heads for battles, tails for shops. She reached into her wallet, quickly remembering that she didn’t have any change on her. Flip a credit card? Eh, close enough.

Most people would think that a Type:Null (Or Silvally wearing a helmet in this case) was to big to have out in the streets. Luneth got around this by riding it’s back, so then she’s not taking up any extra space. Plus, everyone politely stepped aside making a clear path when she approached, so they must not mind. In fact, She was getting lots of hard stares too, so many people must be intently gazing at Circuit, taken in with awe of his majestic figure no doubt.

As Luneth was about to get out a map to check where the cafe was, She heard some commotion up ahead. Some ladies were storming away from what appeared to be a fan of theirs. As Luneth got a good look, she set her tail to wagging as she leaned forward with excitement. Those were the Diamond Ladies! Her credit card landing this way must have been fate! After her loss in the first round, Luneth hadn’t managed to speak to Cassandra, to ask how she managed to win with such ease, but now was the perfect opportunity to talk to her-

However, as Luneth was about to head over to talk to the sisters, she saw another figure setting up for a selfie nearby. Even without the shaymin on their shoulder, Luneth recognised them instantly, and all thoughts of the Diamond Ladies instantly disappeared.

Sliding off Circuit’s back Luneth half ran half skipped over, mulling on how to greet them on the way. Hello ma’am? Sir? What was the gender neutral version of those? Hello… person? She settled on just a ‘casual’ greeting.
    “HI!” she said, practically popping up out of nowhere in front of Avery. “You’re Avery Miller aren’t you? The great Co-ordinator? I’m such a big fan! Ever since I saw you in the Galar circuit.” She held a notebook towards the shaymin on Avery’s shoulder, beaming at the two of them. “Could I please please get Gloria’s autograph? Oh and yours too? Sorry, maybe should have asked you first. I’m Luneth.”

8. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Jimmy Kendo
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga (Noblejanobii, Desolate Divine, Shruikan's characters nearby)

Still lost in thought. Jimmy noticed his Pikachu catching his attention before being asked a question.

"Say, you have a cute Pikachu. Where did you get him?" The voice asked Jimmy before looking up and seeing the three ladies he knew they'd be needing to keep eyes on. Nearly stunned he knew he had to play it safe and try not to draw too much attention to himself in this case. He didn't expect them to come right up to him in the first place.

"Out this guy? We've been partners for a quite a long time now. Raised him up ever since he was a little Pichu. We kinda grew up together.. Jimmy told Cassandra

Hoping he didn't say too much in front of her giving away his role here.

"What about you ladies? As popular as you are I would've expected you to be doing some finer dining or hanging out with someone much more higher end than spending time in the park here. You're all quite the spectacle here. Besides that you've got a battle coming up soon. Don't you need to prepare for that? Or do you already have some big plan in store?" Jimmy says as his Pikachu hung closely to him on the bench.

He knew they he couldn't say too much, but he had to get some conversation going in hopes of getting some information from them. Hopefully it wasn't too much of a giveaway. He's always loved taking shots a little too close for comfort, but he's typically always played a good poker face.

"Not to say much, but I've loved seeing your battles. You're the best here after all, no questions about it. Maybe you could offer someone like me tips so we can all learn from someone more experienced. Pikachu here is always ready for a battle, but even he has his limits." Jimmy said as he pat his Pikachu on the head.

The Pikachu smiled as it looked back at his trainer. Trusting him on his words here as he knew he was trying to play to their good sides.

"So is there anything you can tell me? Leave as a hint for us to look forward to for your upcoming battle? I'd love to hear it so we can be ready for it. I'm sure it'll be a grand show either way it goes, but you being the best I'm sure we know how it'll go." Jimmy asked her with confidence. Hoping for anything to gaint out from this conversation.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies
    Central Park
    Affected RPers: @Chakramaster (Noblejanobii, Desolate Divine, Shruikan's characters nearby)

After Jimmy had looked up to Cassandra, sure enough she got her answer.

"Oh this guy?” Jimmy replied, referring to his Pikachu. “We've been partners for a quite a long time now. Raised him up ever since he was a little Pichu. We kinda grew up together.”

That was all Cassandra needed. After hearing that, it was safe to assume said Pikachu in question wasn’t ever formerly human. Still, she wasn’t going to reveal why she suspected him in the first place for anything at all, but it did mean she now had to follow through with her having to feign her interest in the electric rodent.

“What about you ladies?” Jimmy asked her. “As popular as you are I would've expected you to be doing some finer dining or hanging out with someone much more higher end than spending time in the park here. You're all quite the spectacle here. Besides that you've got a battle coming up soon. Don't you need to prepare for that? Or do you already have some big plan in store?”

“Ha ha, no, I don’t get that anxious before a battle,” Cassandra smirked. “In fact we were just passing through to go for a little shopping. Me, I’m ready for anything. You always need to be.”

As Jimmy’s Pikachu hung closely by him on the park bench, Cassandra was curious as to what Jimmy meant by “big plan,” but she didn’t think too deeply on it.

“Not to say much, but I've loved seeing your battles,” Jimmy told the three ladies as he patted his Pikachu on the head. “You're the best here after all, no questions about it. Maybe you could offer someone like me tips so we can all learn from someone more experienced. Pikachu here is always ready for a battle, but even he has his limits.”

While the conversation was going on for longer than Cassandra had originally intended, she was flattered by Jimmy’s comments, unlike the other trainer who just wanted autographs and got up in their face about it. She didn’t mind a few more minutes of that.

“So, is there anything you can tell me?” Jimmy asked. “Leave as a hint for us to look forward to for your upcoming battle? I'd love to hear it so we can be ready for it. I'm sure it'll be a grand show either way it goes, but you being the best I'm sure we know how it'll go.”

It was there that Cassandra couldn’t help but smirk. Jimmy had been the first to ask her that real deep question, and she felt she had the perfect answer.

“Be ready for anything,” Cassandra told Jimmy with a confident smile, enjoying the flattery. “That’s my advice. Train your Pokémon like hell and they’ll be ready to take on anyone, anything, anytime, even if your opponent tries to apply a type advantage. They’ll lose their minds over it! If you really want to win, never hold anything back, not for an instant. Use everything you’ve got to their fullest potential. I mean it.”

She avoided the specifics, but she figured it was enough to explain what she wanted. Meanwhile, unlike the other trainer who wanted autographs, Jimmy was at least respectful, complimented her, and wasn’t in her face. Cassandra figured she could leave Jimmy with a little parting gift. It wasn’t anything she needed anyway, but she figured Jimmy could do with it. She reached into her bag and after a little sifting around, she found what she was looking for.

“If you want to become one of the best, this should help you and your little friend get there,” Cassandra smirked.

She kept the item in her hand hidden until she placed it on the bench right between Jimmy and his Pikachu. After taking her hand off of it and pulling back, both Jimmy and his Pikachu could clearly see it was a Thunder Stone, green and glistening with a thunderbolt embedded in the center of the fist-sized gem.

“Like I said, never hold anything back,” Cassandra smirked. “I’ll see you around, hun. ‘Till next time.”

She then waved him goodbye with a quick swift hand wave and then headed past him with Jarena and Violet following closely. Once they were out of earshot and proceeded toward the Central Park exit, Jarena giggled and looked to Cassandra.

“Well, someone’s feeling rather generous today,” Jarena smiled. “Can’t remember the last time you handed out freebies.”

“I like his compliments,” Cassandra smiled proudly. “Let him tell all his friends and the people he meets those sorts of things. That spreads around. Besides, I don’t train electric types anyway.”

“Fair enough,” Violet replied, taking a short but quick glace back at Jimmy before turning around. “That clears your suspicions about that Pikachu. But are you still on the lookout for them?”

In truth, Cassandra would have liked to sweep those two loose ends under the rug and be done with the whole matter entirely, but there was still the fact there were two intruders that became Pokémon and they were both very likely still on the ship, though Cassandra knew trying to find them was worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack considering how large the ship was. At the same time, something didn’t feel quite right with her at the moment, but she decided not to show it.

“Let’s not worry about it,” Cassandra replied, still maintaining her casual smirk. “What’s the worst they could do, anyway? People would just assume they’re someone’s lost Pokémon and any squeak or squeal they make would just be brushed off as them crying to be reunited with their trainer. I bet that happens all the time on these cruises.”

“I’m sure you’re right,” Jarena smiled again. “Besides, this little voyage is more than half over already. In a couple days we’ll be on our way and no one will ever know or find out.”

Cassandra nodded and smiled as well. Instead of thinking about that, she shifted gears and began thinking of her upcoming battle with Avery Miller. She was looking forward to that tonight.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Alyssa Drake
    Central Park

Avery left, before being tracked down by what Alyssa could only assume was an avid fan, and unlike Cassandra who had chewed out the fan that approached her, Alyssa had full faith that Avery would be polite to their admirer.

The thing that surprised Alyssa most however was the sudden flick of the switch in Cassandra, as she approached another person, asking about his Pikachu. Cassandra actually looked happy to speak to him, and seemed friendly about it. Maybe this was her way of getting a good conversation?

Alyssa knew that Jarena had a reputation for loving Pokemon any and all sorts of cute, so maybe Cassandra was similar?

"Worth a try." Alyssa muttered to herself, before taking a left, and detouring behind a few cafes to further up central park, where based on the direction they were walking, the Diamond Ladies should end up. Walking briskly once she was out of sight, she found a seat, right by the path she guessed they would take, before letting out a Pokemon of her own. Yuki the Alolan Vulpix.

"Think you can behave yourself?" Alyssa said with a chuckle to her somewhat mischievous Vulpix, before picking her up, and placing her on her lap, "If we are lucky, you might score me an interview I might struggle to get otherwise."

The Vulpix made a happy cry, as Alyssa scratched her behind the ears, out of the corner of her eyes, watching her target, as she finished her conversation, handing the trainer an item, confusing Alyssa even more, considering she spent longer shredding the fan who approached her earlier than it would have taken to sign his Pokeball and send him away.

"Time to see if we can get this interview..."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers: @Shruikan (Chakramaster, Desolute Divine, and Neo Emolga's characters kinda nearby)

Avery had just begun to eavesdrop on the Diamond Ladies' conversation with Jimmy when they heard someone else call out their name. They quickly glanced around and spotted a teenage girl appear in front of them.

“You’re Avery Miller aren’t you? The great Co-ordinator? I’m such a big fan! Ever since I saw you in the Galar circuit.” She held a notebook towards the shaymin on Avery’s shoulder, beaming at the two of them. “Could I please please get Gloria’s autograph? Oh and yours too? Sorry, maybe should have asked you first. I’m Luneth.”

Drat, a rather in opportune time to be recognized. Still, Avery wasn't about to treat a fan with anything less than respect and kindness, even if it did mean losing the chance to gain intel on the Diamond Ladies. Avery owed their fans a great deal when it came to their fame after all.

Avery smiled and let out a soft chuckle. "Pleasure to meet you, Luneth. Of course we'd be happy to give you are autographs," they responded as they took the notebook from Luneth. Thankfully, Avery was rather used to this and kept autograph supplies on them wherever they went, since more often than not they were recognized on their outings. Pulling an ink pad from their pocket, Avery let Gloria press her paw into it. They quickly closed it and opened the notebook to a free page, helping Gloria keep her balance as she stamped her paw onto the notebook. Avery quickly wiped off Gloria's paw then got out a pen to sign their own autograph. "It's not often I meet fans from my Galar circuit days," Avery commented as they signed the notebook. "Are you from the Galar region? Perhaps I visited your hometown while I was there."

Avery finished writing a little note to Luneth and held the notebook back out to her. They always tried to leave a little note when doing signings like this if they could since Avery always felt it made the autograph more personal. Even if they didn't know a lot about the person, Avery just wanted to give them a little something special as another way to say thanks for supporting them. In Luneth's case, the note read:

"To Luneth,
    I really like the kimono you chose to wear today. I've always loved Ecruteak inspired fashion so perhaps I'll try something similar for a new coordinator outfit in the future.
    Thank you for the inspiration,
    Avery Miller"

As Avery handed Luneth back her notebook, they spotted the Diamond Ladies walking away from Jimmy. Oh well, but at least they hopefully made a fan happy. It seemed Alyssa was in hot pursuit of the trio though so hopefully she'd be able to get that interview she greatly desired. As they glanced behind Luneth, Avery spotted Circuit, causing them to raise an eyebrow. "Is that Pokémon yours? What species are they, if you don't mind me asking? I can't say I'm familiar with it."
    / / / / / / / /