Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

{RP} The S.S. Wishmaker - Tides of Witchcraft

Can be found RIGHT HERE! And it doesn’t close either! Late sign ups are always welcome.

THE S.S. WISHMAKER MAP

In case you need this again:

In terms of layout and attractions, I’m going to shamelessly steal borrow the layout of the Allure of the Seas Cruise Ship because this is actually a really great map and saves me from having to make one by scratch. So use this as a reference in terms of locations, attractions, and things to do on the S.S. Wishmaker.

HOWEVER, the only thing being changed is replace the Amber Theater (lower right corner toward the front of the ship) with a Pokémon Battling Arena. Everything else can be the same.

CURRENT STARTING POINT

It’s now the morning of Day 4 of the voyage.

Casandra Silvers is now in the semifinals of the Pokémon High Seas Tournament and is expected to contend again tonight while tomorrow night is the final round. Jarena Farrell and Violet Radcliffe aren’t participating in it as battling trainers.

Meanwhile, the operatives are being informed that “reasonable suspicion” was found last night in the guest room that the Diamond Ladies are using, but no concrete evidence could be recovered. Moreover, command confirmed that they lost contact with the two operatives that entered the room last night. They only lead they have is some sketchy footage and a Minccino that might have witnessed or experienced something before the video feed went black.

Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies
    Main Pool

As she tried to relax on a poolside recliner with a large pair of sunglasses over her eyes, Casandra wasn’t thrilled about what had happened last night. In essence, the situation had sort of resolved itself without any serious suspicion arising, but there was still some concern over what happened last night and what it might mean for the remaining days ahead.

While she was relaxing in her red bikini and with romance book and a glass of orange juice by her side, her Victini was playing with a small red beach ball, tossing it into the air and bouncing it off of the wall.

“Hey Cas!” Jarena called out to her from the pool. “Come on in! We have the whole pool to ourselves!”

After sitting up, she pulled down her sunglasses and looked to Jarena, getting a better look. Violet was with her, working on her freestyle stroke while Jarena was playing catch with her Whimsicott, who looked anxious about having to keep atop her float tube or plunge into the water. And as every Whimsicott knew, falling into water would mean hours of discomfort waiting to dry off.

“Have fun, I’ll keep watch on our stuff,” Cassandra replied, putting her sunglasses back on.

While she had already numerous precautions in place, she still wanted to keep on top of the situation and not take any unnecessary risks. The fact someone had gone into their room and delved deep enough to encounter a contact-based transformation hex was too close for comfort. In most situations, after something like that, the three girls would hightail it out of there and leave no trace evidence behind that would tie them back to the crime. Here, however, they were still stuck on the ship until it docked, and that wouldn’t happen for another two days.

Even since the incident, Cassandra wanted to keep all the important belongings with her at all time. It meant having to carry an extra pool bag and use a few towels to cover up her Shadowcraft books and reagents that might look suspicious to anyone that would come across them. Of course, there was an enchantment on them that only the three ladies knew about. Anyone else that touched them would soon find themselves transformed into a Pokémon, which would stop them from meddling with their things and from telling others about it.

However, soon enough she saw out of the corner of her eye that Jarena was standing over her, dripping wet in her pastel-green bikini as she had just emerged from the pool.

“Come on, Cas,” Jarena casually pleaded in jest, almost laughing, “are you going to start having fun today or did you just somehow sleepwalk your way here and are still asleep from last night?”

“Something stinks,” Cassandra replied, taking off her sunglasses entirely. “Jarena, they had no business entering our room at that hour while we were at dinner. Housekeeping had already made the room, so what were they doing poking at our stuff?”

“Don’t know, don’t care,” Jarena casually smiled. “Ha, I dare them to try it again!”

But Cassandra frowned at that. If she was going to make this work, they needed to be subtle and not raise suspicion.

“Jarena, usually when someone gets hit with a Transformation Sigil like that, we scram quickly and quietly,” she replied, keeping her voice low. “Being trapped on this tub makes that pretty hard, and we still don’t know who was in there last night, what Pokémon they are now, and where they ran off to. We’re many miles from land and we don’t have any water Pokémon. Meanwhile, Violet’s Galarian Moltres would really only be able to fly her out of here. There’s no way she can carry the three of us.”

“Re-laaaax,” Jarena smiled, almost laughing. “Please, we’ve been in worse situations than this and we’re not going to need to do anything like that. People let stray Pokémon roam around resorts, hotels, and stuff like that all the time, no one’s going to suspect anything. If it gets you to have fun again, we’ll put the stuff in a better hiding spot next time so you don’t need to lug it around everywhere.”

“Fine,” Cassandra sighed. “You’re probably right, but I still want to make sure they don’t come that close again while we’re on this ship, because if that happens again and again, they’ll know something’s up. But on that note, would you and Violet be ready for tonight?”

“You bet!” Jarena exclaimed with a wink. “Violent and I are thinking of going with the ‘screw loose’ strategy tonight. I figured you’d enjoy that one.”

“Good,” Cassandra replied with a reassured smile, reclining back again. “Yeah, that’s one of my favorites.”

“Hey, that’s the power of teamwork, right?” Jarena smirked.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jon and Alyssa Drake
    Jon and Alyssa's Room

Situation Report Day 4
    Targets were kept occupied during dinner, whilst operatives disguised as housekeeping infiltrated their quarters for intelligence gathering. Whilst they were able to enter the room, a trap was set off, disrupting video feeds and contact with operatives. Before contact was lost, reading material and paraphernalia alluding to mysticism or witchcraft was discovered, however, whilst we currently suspect this is fake for psychological manipulation, we are not writing out the possibility of something supernatural.

Additionally, the targets were made aware very quickly that their room was being searched, and when stalled by agents, the agents themselves were knocked out, showing signs of intoxication with no current leads as to the cause of it.

Operatives have a lead for one of the two agents that went missing, that they are currently investigating. There are no leads regarding the other missing agent, and operatives are encouraged to, in the course of their duties, make a point of searching for this missing agent. More details will be sent as the situation unfolds.

Jon read the report in disbelief, as he took away his room key from the back of his phone. Whilst he had worked with Steven before in smaller operations during tournaments, this was a whole other level. As he removed the room key, the email he read changed to what looked like an email from his phone provider. The app itself was designed to be identical to another major email app, however, when certain room keys are held against the phone's NFC chip, seemingly normal emails are decrypted, revealing information about the mission. Even without the operatives going missing, the amount of preparation and caution being taken for this operation was at least three steps above what Jon was used to.

"Two operatives are missing, half a dozen intoxicated with no memory of it, and nothing to show except a couple of creepy books." Jon muttered to himself, "What the hell is going on..."

Jon sat nervously on his bed, hands crossed against his chin, trying to figure out what was going on. Making him more nervous was the fact that if all went to plan, tomorrow night, he would be battling Cassandra. Last night, Jon won his battle, with somewhat ease, placing him in the semi-finals, alongside Cassandra Silvers, and whilst he wasn't battling her this round, if he won, which he would be trying to do, and she won, which with her reputation was almost certain, they would be battling in the final. And this wouldn't be normal. According to Steven, the thing that tipped him and the others off about these so called Diamond Ladies was the fact that when the battle seemed like it was not going in the favor of the Diamond Ladies, unusual things happened, in a similar sort of vein to what the Situation Report was highlighting. Jon knew that if he gave Cassandra the battle he was supposed to, things could turn ugly.

"You alright?" came a voice from the door, getting Jon's attention.

Alyssa walked over, giving him a kiss on the cheek, before making her way over to the en suite.

"Yeah I'm fine." Jon replied, trying to think of an excuse, before standing up, "Just thinking over last nights battle."

"What's there to think about? You killed it, didn't you? Only used three Pokemon." came Alyssa's voice from the en suite, "By the way, the gym here is incredible! Everything is so clean and new!"

She was right. Jon had only used three of his Pokemon in last nights match. Jolteon, Blaziken and Nidoking. Absol and Scizor remained in their Pokeball, whilst Latios remained invisible above the battlefield, watching from afar, keeping an eye on the Diamond Ladies in the stands. What Alyssa hadn't mentioned, and possibly hadn't noticed, was that this wasn't the first time. Jon hadn't used any of those Pokemon so far. The last thing he wanted was the Diamond Ladies knowing his whole team.

One of the perks of not using his legal name, is that finding information about him was a little more difficult. This was originally to not be found by his dad, but now it was really helping. If one looked up Jonathan Drake, there would be a lot less information, than if someone searched Ryan Mason. Whilst he used his legal name for all the paper work, he'd always make sure that on any sort of promotional material, or commentating, his name was Jonathan Drake, and this was no exception. Due to never competing in the official Pokemon Leagues, Jon didn't have much of a fan following, and the little material that was available about him online was either from BattleNet, where Alyssa worked, and she was fine to hide until this was over (whilst still being unaware of Jon's actual job here), or was easy enough for Steven to have his contacts remove. Unless the Diamond Ladies did their research well and truly before this cruise, they have no way of knowing much about him.

"Still, it's always good to look for ways to improve." Jon explained as he heard running water start to pour from the shower, "You might not have seen it, but I made a bunch of small mistakes, and was just lucky the other guy didn't know how to exploit them. If I get through to the final, I can't rely on that."

"Yeah, I get that." Alyssa explained, "If you make it to the final, it will be against Cassandra Silvers, and she is ruthless. Did you see her match last night?"

"I saw the replay."

"Replay doesn't do it justice. I have never seen so many flames in my life. She took down a Vaporeon, Gyarados and Swampert with her Ninetales." Alyssa called out, "My goal for today is to try and get an interview with her."

Jon's stomach sunk hearing those words. Ideally, he didn't want Alyssa here, however when she found out he would be battling, she pulled some strings so her work would send her here to cover the event. He wasn't allowed to tell her about the operation, and couldn't expect her to turn down the event of a lifetime without good reason.

Jon stood up and walked towards the en suite, stopping by the door, as the water stopped.

"Alyssa, do me a favor." Jon explained, "Be careful around her, and the other two as well."

"Why's that?" Alyssa asked, nonchalantly.

"I get a bad feeling about them." Jon replied, "Something just doesn't feel right."

"Do you think their Pokemon are on performance enhancers?" Alyssa asked, knowing about Jon's prior work with Steven.

"I don't think so, but I just get a bad feeling about them." Jon explained, "Something doesn't quite add up."

"I can leave it if you want..." Alyssa replied, somewhat down.

"No, don't." Jon interjected, "Go get the interview, and do what your normally would. Just don't let your guard down around them. And don't let them get too close."

There was a buzz from Jon's pocket, as his alarm went off. He had booked the stadium for training, and this was the reminder to leave now in order to not miss that booking.

"I gotta go train for tonight's match, but I will see you for lunch?" Jon asked, as Alyssa walked out of the en suite in a bathrobe.

"Of course." Alyssa replied, "Knock 'em dead."

Jon Drake
    En Route to Pokemon Battle Stadium

Jon left the room, making his way towards the front of the ship. He made his way aboard the top deck, soaking in the sunlight. After about ten minutes of walking, he found himself walking past the almost empty Main Pool. As he did, he noticed its occupants. The Diamond Ladies. Cassandra sunbathing off to the side, minding their belongings from all the other people there. Jarena had climbed out of the pool and was chatting to her, whilst Violet was enjoying the pool itself.

"I wonder if they are alone through coincidence, because they don't want anyone else there, or nobody dares to go near them... Jon thought to himself as he walked past, making his way to the Stadium.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 12-27-2020 at 02:56 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller
    Central Park, Café

Avery sipped their coffee in silence as they stewed over the many thoughts running through their head at the moment. They had read the situation briefing from Cynthia in their room prior to coming down for a bite to eat at the café, but they still needed time to process what all had happened last night. A disaster is what had happened, really. Some operatives had managed to enter the room of the Diamond Ladies but now they were unaccounted for and several other operatives were laid waste to by the Diamond Ladies when they tried to return to their room. Avery sighed and shook their head. What a right mess this was.

"Min?" Avery glanced over at Gloria. She was the only member of their team that was small enough to have out in areas like this and Avery preferred the company. She tilted her head and held out a paw towards Avery, as if trying to offer comfort to them.

Avery chuckled and shook Gloria's paw. "Thank you, Gloria. Sorry, I'm just still processing." They sighed. "This all weighs heavily on the mind at the moment. Especially given I'll be facing off against one of them tonight in the semifinals." Avery still wasn't quite sure how they had made it this far in the tournament. They were known for their coordinator skills not battling. The downside to their fame was that anyone who did an ounce of research on them could find out their entire team and loads of information on their usual tactics, movesets, etc. And yet, for whatever reason, Avery's opponents seemed to continually underestimate them. Or perhaps Avery was just that skilled as a battler, though they doubted it. No matter the reason, they had made it this far and now they were facing one of the Diamond Ladies herself, Casandra.

They weren't sure really what kind of approach to take to this battle. Casandra was known for her affinity of fire and psychic types, neither of which Avery had a strong counter for. Then again, if even they did, they had seen how Casandra's last opponent fared even with three water types. Perhaps their unconventional approach to battle would give them an advantage that their other opponents did not have. But then again, this was one of the Diamond Ladies they were facing. They knew the risks and the rumors, and they'd be lying if they didn't admit that it made a pit form in their stomach. What sort of tricks were they planning to use to give Cassandra the advantage this time? No one had died yet on the cruise but Avery had heard of others not fairing so well. If they put up too much of a fight would they be next? Would it be better to give up then? Let Cassandra win? Was this really worth forfeiting their life, or worse, the lives on their Pokémon over?

"Min!!" Gloria slammed her front paws on the table, snapping Avery out of their thoughts. "Min min shaymin! Shay!" she shouted.

Avery stared at Gloria a moment before chuckling and petting her again. "Sorry Gloria. I may not be able to understand what you're saying, but I get the gist. Don't psyche myself out before we even get to the battlefield." Gloria nodded and pat Avery's hand with her paw. "That Casandra may have the deity of victory with her, but I've got my own deity with me. Perhaps that will allow us to triumph yet."

Avery finished their coffee and gazed around the Shaymin themed café. "You know for a goddess of gratitude, I can't help but point out the vanity in wanting to come here." Gloria puffed out her cheeks and glared at Avery. "I'm just saying," Avery responded with a laugh. "I can't say I dislike it. Perhaps we'll come here again tomorrow. Their pastries make for a good breakfast."

Avery collected their things, picked up Gloria, and began to walk through the Central Park concourse. They weren't sure where they would head next, since their time slot for training wasn't for a little while longer, but perhaps they could find something else to occupy their mind as they prepared for this battle tonight.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Jimmy Kendo
    Hallway - Guest Rooms

Jimmy still reviewing the details in his head. He still couldn't make heads or tails of the situation. The Diamond Ladies are mysterious enough, but with the footage last seen. The unknown just makes the situation all the more perplexing. What truly happened to the other operatives that last tried entering the room they had suspicion of?

"Maybe we should search for that Minccino?" Jimmy said aloud.

"Piii" his Pikachu said in a hushed voice. Shaking his head. As if to tell his partner and friend it may not be a good idea

"Yeah I guess you're right. Might be a little too dangerous to go off searching on our own anyway. I don't think anyone is really safe here. We need to watch our own backs while helping to try and keep the guests safe. It's a tough situation, but you're right. Thanks buddy." He said as he gave a quick pet to the head of his Pikachu.

"Chaaa" he Pikachu said happily.

"Then the question is. Where do we go now? We know some about the Diamond Ladies, but not quite enough.

The two kept outside. No one had walked past in some time. With everything going on you didn't quite see too many around. Then again, the lobbies or event areas may be a little more active.

"I guess for now we should at least venture out. See if anything catches our eyes." He said as his Pikachu climbed to his shoulder.

"Let's go buddy. Maybe we can find something out on one of the decks. Overlook the ship on the outside for awhile before we head to the area where this battle will be later on.. Maybe a little fresh air would be nice anyway. Clear our heads before this battle tonight. Better to be prepared for anything to come from this. Let's get to work."

"Pika!" His Pikachu exclaimed. Ready to get back to duty with his friend.

The two made their way outside the ship to overlook the ship, but cautiously as they always try to be.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies
    Main Pool

“Whiiiiiiimm!!”

Cassandra was woken up from lightly dozing off for a few minutes to the sound of Jarena’s Whimsicott crying out. After quickly opening her eyes and taking off her sunglasses, it only took two seconds for her to realize the puffy cotton ball Pokémon had slipped off of the inflatable inner tube and had fallen into the pool, soaking her cotton puff and causing it to become a heavy water-soaked wad that looked unsightly for a Whimsicott. Cassandra was expecting the whole incident to happen sooner or later just from knowing how Jarena liked to recklessly play with her Pokémon, but she would have preferred another fifteen minutes of relaxation before it inevitably happened.

“Floof, you’re supposed to try and keep your balance!” Jarena exclaimed with laughter at her soaking wet Whimsicott. “Come on, let’s get you dried off and cleaned up, you silly puffball.”

“I’m done anyway,” Violet replied. “Let’s go.”

“You sure?” Jarena asked her. “We’ve only been here for an hour or so. Lunch isn’t for another few hours.”

“It’s probably going to be mobbed soon anyway,” Casandra replied, sitting up and beginning to pack her sunglasses and other belongings. “Better we go now before some screaming kids show up or some chump’s water Pokémon take over the whole pool.”

Jarena frowned at the thought of that and knew exactly what Cassandra was referring to. She distinctly recalled what happened on the second day of the voyage where another male trainer’s Poliwrath was distressing Vanilla, her Cinccino, by harassing her with fighting attacks after the inner tube that Vanilla was on unintentionally floated and wandered into what the Poliwrath had decided to claim as his pool territory. Vanilla was clearly upset and was thrown off of her floatation tube and into the water much to Jarena’s horror.

Though she hadn’t seen them again since then, she had a feeling it likely had something to do with how they both must have felt after she struck them with a vertigo hex on their way out. She had to smirk at the memory of that, wondering if they blamed it on something silly like seasickness or something of that nature. She also wondered if it wore off by now, but she figured as long as they weren’t bothering her anymore, it didn’t matter.

After packing up their things and preparing to leave, Jarena couldn’t help but look at Cassandra curiously as Victini clung onto her left shoulder.

“So who is your opponent tonight?” she asked, looking curious as she wrapped her white towel around her.

“Some person by the name of Avery Miller,” Cassandra replied, having done a bit of research on tonight’s contender. “It’s weird, I looked them up and they're usually a contest coordinator.”

“Ah, nothing you can’t handle,” Jarena scoffed, making a brushing hand gesture. “Who do you plan on leading with?”

“I’m thinking Opal,” Cassandra told her, slinging her pool bag over her right shoulder. “Ruby had her fun last night so I think it’s only fair Opal gets her turn. It’s another three Pokémon battle like last night, and while normally I’d switch things up during such a thing for variety’s sake, Ruby had such a nice tempo going last night.”

Jarena distinctly remembered what she witnessed last night. That Vaporeon, Gyarados, and Swampert likely thought they might have had the advantage before going up against Ruby the Ninetales. From the memory of it all, Jarena wondered if that battle held the record for the most amount of fire used in a single match, but it wasn’t the only thing in play. Watching that battle as a spectator was shocking, first with Ruby using Fire Spin upon every target, burning them, and then continuing to entrap them in Fire Spins before unleashing a Hyper Beam into the fire and flames. When Cassandra battled, she meant business and wasn’t giving anyone any quarter at all.

Not an ounce of mercy was shown until defeat was declared by either the referee or the opposing trainer recalled their Pokémon to stop it from getting any worse. Jarena imagined it must have been very disheartening and demoralizing to see one’s own Pokémon go through a ruthless punishment. And as expected, some critics thought it was luck, some suspected performance enhancers despite no proof of use, others thought it was just Victini’s presence there, among many other reasons beyond a legitimate victory from battling experience. But hidden among the biting flames and blinding smoke and with all eyes focused on the intensity of the battle, other things had transpired that had gone unseen…

No one had seen the Vaporeon’s dire face of panic amidst all of the flames and smoke, simply too paralyzed with fear to move. No one, not even the Vaporeon’s own trainer, Freddy Davis, was able to see it. But such sudden, paralyzing fear was unnatural, all result of a menacing hex inflicted upon him. But even if they saw the panicked Vaporeon, anyone in Cassandra’s defense could easily claim it was due to the feeling of entrapment from the Fire Spin in combination with the burns and the bewildering smoke. And the same had resulted from the Gyarados. Being blinded and in such sudden fear could easily explain why he couldn’t land a Hydro Pump attack on the nine-tailed fox. In the Gyarados’s panic, he couldn’t comprehend the priority of extinguishing the flames with his water or trying to target the Ninetales herself, and trying to aim and calculate the trajectory of his attack proved to be nearly impossible with his ability to concentrate and focus completely disrupted. Lastly, despite having twice the advantage, the Swampert fell victim to the same strategy as well, losing the mental game against the Ninetales’s attacks and the hexes and curses that were quietly and subtly inflicted.

There was very little anyone could do to separate the effects of the attacks from the hexes and spells themselves and to the outside beholder, they simply just seemed to be particularly more effective as if by straight luck, happenstance, or possibly from simply the nature of Cassandra’s Pokémon and their reputations. The Pokémon in these battles simply couldn’t explain the effects they went through to their own trainers, especially not in any kind of communication form their human trainers or officials could understand. Anyone could simply dismiss it as being psyched out, and it did not help morale or confidence at all with Victini by Cassandra’s side. Anyone who knew anything about the Pokémon of victory was already heading into that battle with that pressure looming over them that Cassandra was destined to win, not them.

And yet, with all eyes locked onto the battle, no one thought to pay close attention to Jarena and Violet, secretly casting these spells and hexes from their private audience booth. A simple finger or hand gesture of drawing the corrupting and hexing marks and sigils could easily be done under cover, and even if it was witnessed, it could simply be interpreted as simple fidgeting habits no different than thumb twiddling, arguably triggered due to anticipation and excitement of the battle unfolding before them. Meanwhile, their muttering and whispering of the incantations could not be heard over the yells and applause of the crowd and the thunderous noise of the Pokémon attacks, drowning out those quiet whispers of hexes and curses...

To keep their opponents guessing, different strategies were deployed each time, which varied especially among the three women themselves. What Freddy Davis and his three water Pokémon went through was simply called the “stage fright” strategy, which paired with the entrapment, blinding smoke, and oxygen-consuming flames of Cassandra’s Ninetales with hexes and spells of mind-consuming fear and panic that made it impossible for any of the opposing Pokémon to be at their best.

Tonight, Cassandra was wondering if Avery Miller might suspect the same kind of thing as last night. But anyone who avidly followed the Diamond Ladies knew not to expect the same show two battles in a row.

No, she had something different ready for tonight’s battle…
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 01-22-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Senior Moderator

Jon Drake
    Pokemon Battling Stadium

When Jon arrived, nobody else was present at the stadium. Due to the sheer size of it, most of the bookings had it split in four sections, allowing four trainers to practise there as they saw fit. Occasionally trainers would do a practise battle against one another, but Jon had only seen that once since he got here, having been here every day. Granted, now that there were less people participating in the tournament, and he had made it to semis, there were much longer sessions available, so a practise battle may be a bit more viable today.

Jon set himself up in the corner, calling out his Blaziken and Latios. The plan was for Latios to be very quick target practise, for Blaziken to try and land hits on. Latios' focus was to simply avoid, and use telekinetic barriers to protect himself, whilst Blaziken was intending to land a mixture of special and physical attacks. As this was happening, Jon was keeping an eye on the door. Especially on this cruise, he didn't want Latios being seen, especially by someone who knew what he was capable of. If Jon saw anyone coming, he would let off a whistle, and Latios would turn invisible.

As the two Pokemon practised, Blaziken getting closer and closer to landing hits on the Eon Pokemon, Jon's attention was on the entrance.

Alyssa Drake
    Central Park

"Thanks." Alyssa said as she accepted her takeaway coffee from the barista, before making her way back in to the main drag of Central Park. Whilst her goal was to get an interview with Cassandra, or maybe even Jarena or Violet, she knew that chances are, that would be something that happens spur of the moment. Trying to track down the Diamond Ladies on the cruise would prove to be difficult. Chances are the interview would only happen if she ran into them by luck.

Instead, Alyssa kept an eye out for any trainers who had made it into semis. It didn't take too long before finding someone.

"Bingo." Alyssa thought to herself as she recognized the trainer from the night before. The Shaymin they were carrying was enough to allow anyone to recognize them.

"Avery Miller?" Alyssa asked as she approached them, showing her media pass, "I'm Alyssa Drake from BattleNET. I'm covering the tournament here, and was hoping to get a few words? Maybe an interview?" ( @Noblejanobii )

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers: @Desolate Divine

Avery gazed up at the ceiling as they strolled through the Central Park. "This concourse has excellent lighting," they mused quietly, "I wonder if there's ever been a contest held on a cruise ship before. It'd be a rather unique venue." As their mind was occupied with the brewing semantics of a contest held on a cruise ship like this one, a female voice called out to them, snapping them from their thoughts.

"Avery Miller?" Alyssa asked as she approached them, showing her media pass, "I'm Alyssa Drake from BattleNET. I'm covering the tournament here, and was hoping to get a few words? Maybe an interview?"

Avery immediately put on a smile as Alyssa introduced herself. They were vaguely familiar with Alyssa's work, having seen her coverage on battles in the past. Though admittedly, since it wasn't Avery's usual wheelhouse, they wouldn't have been able to recognize Alyssa without her introducing herself as she had. Still, Avery knew, whether or not they actually recognized the reporter, a media badge meant it was time to flip the switch and assume the performer's persona.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Drake," Avery said, bowing their head a bit respectfully. "Of course I would be open to an interview. I'm sure your viewers are probably quite curious as to how someone like me made it this far." Avery laughed a little and added, "I'm not exactly the typical battler, yeah? Probably makes things interesting for reporters such as yourself too."

"Would you prefer to do the interview standing or seated somewhere?" they asked, "Either is alright with Gloria and me."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Alyssa Drake
    Central Park
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii

"I'm glad you asked," Alyssa replied with a laugh, "I'm still a bit sore from the gym this morning, and not as young as I used to be, so finding somewhere to sit down would be nice."

Alyssa looked around, quickly finding an empty bench to sit on, before walking over, beckoning Avery to follow. As the pair sat, Alyssa pulled out a small audio recorder, turning it on, before facing Avery.

"I won't take up too much of your time, I figure with your match up tonight, you will be wanting to get in some last minute training." Alyssa explained, "I have four questions which should give me all I need. Feel free to give as much detail as you like."

"First question, what brings an esteemed coordinator such as yourself to the High Sea's tournament, and how would you say the tournament has been so far?"

"Second question, what was the battle like from your point of view last night? What was going through your mind as you battled to make semis?"

"Third question, how do you feel about tonight's match? Are you confident in a win against Cassandra?"

"Last question, what is the plan for after the tournament is over? Will we see you more in these types of tournaments moving forward, or back in the contest circuit?"

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Ozona Reverie
    Central Park
    Affected RP'ers: N/A

The hooded girl quietly walked about, not seeming to want to be involved in anything in training for now. Her Scrafty, Wafer, let out a proud cry from getting on here, causing the trainer to growl.

"Can you not? I'd rather not get attention drawn to me at the moment."

He quickly obeyed, as Ozona's cyan eyes darted around trying to find a suitable area to start to train but had no luck. She sighed lightly, noticing a few others nearby and she wondered if she should ask, as she was pretty clueless. Wafer began to walk over to them, but he was recalled before he got too far.

"Yeesh...I might as well do it if he insists."

On that word, she started to approach slightly nervously. Talking had never been her strong point, so this could get a bit strange. But regardless, she pulled her hood down (much to her annoyance) and walked over, stopping midway there.

"Ugh... I can't do this."

She quickly moved away, finding herself in a awkward situation. Although she didn't quite get far and just stood around trying to think if anywhere would be good to do it. But she didn't want to break any rules, so she wasn't gonna risk anything here.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!