Pokemon Kicks Off 25th Anniversary with Katy Perry!

Katy Perry kiss a Pikachu!
    And she liked it! Maybe that is why we are going to see Katy Perry taking part in the 25th Anniversary celebration. Plus many more things from big name celebrities, the TCG, merchandise and more!
    Pokemon and Katy Perry

The big news that kicked off the 25th Anniversary website launch is a collaboration with Katy Perry. This big name pop star will be taking part in the 25th Anniversary celebration by providing some music. The Pokemon party is underway and Katy Perry is going to be providing the playlist.
    Details are not clear as of what this means. Though Pokemon has promise that there will be plenty of other musical surprises coming with the 25th anniversary. Perhaps we will see other big name stars come to provide some music to be on this Pokemon 25 Playlist.
    Pokemon TCG

The Pokemon TCG is joining in on the celebration with something new and old!
    Pokemon fans can look forward to something new with Shining Fates coming out next month. This will give Pokemon fans something new hunt for as they open boosters. Especially with so many Shiny Pokemon to be featured in this set.
    Though, if fans want something old then they can look forward to the release of the First Partner Pack. These special booster packs will give Pokemon fans a throwback as several old Pokemon cards will come back as oversize cards. These Starter Packs will contain three oversize cards along with two booster packs inside.
    These reprints will feature the Starter Pokemon on their first time printing but with a special 25th Anniversary logo on the side.
    Each month, a new First Partner Pack will be release featuring the Pokemon from that region. The first one to be release in March and will feature the Starter Pokemon from the Galar region.
    Below is the release schudule for the First Partner Pack.
    March 5, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Galar)
    April 2, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Alola)
    May 7, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Kalos)
    June 4, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Unova)
    July 9, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Sinnoh)
    Aug. 6, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Hoenn)
    Sept. 3, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Johto)
    Oct. 8, 2021 – Pokémon TCG: First Partner Pack (Kanto)
    More 25th Anniversary Details

The party doesn’t stop here! Each month starting in March, a region in the Pokemon world will get the spotlight! The first one to get the spotlight will be the Galar region.
    If we were to guess, then we can expect Alola to be featured in April follow by Kalos in May. Later one Unova will be featured in June. Lastly, Kanto will be featured in October as the one that started it all.
    There will also be plenty of new merchandise to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Pokemon. You can expect this new line of merchandise to be release throughout the year.
    There will be plenty of product collaborations with the following companies this year: Build-a-Bear, Levi’s, McDonalds, General Mills, Jawards, Scholastic, Mattel, Funko, PowerA and The Wand Company.
    Meanwhile, other aspects of the Pokemon franchise will be joining in such as the Pokémon anime, video games, Pokémon GO and Pokémon Masters EX.
    Special 25th Anniversary Trailer

Lastly, Pokemon has release a special trailer today. This trailer announced the collaboration with Katy Perry but also got fans excited for the 25th anniversary coming in February.
    In the trailer, fans were given a look at where trainers have been to in the last twenty-five years thanks to Pokemon. They did this by recreating bits of each region using various props, Pokemon figurines and more.
    Below is how each region got featured in the trailer.
    Kanto: Snorlax blocking the path on the bridge on Route 11
    Johto: Tin Tower
    Hoenn: Riding the Cable Car to Mt. Chimney.
    Sinnoh: Mt. Coronet
    Unova: Various bridges in the Unova region such as Driftveil Drawbridge and Tubeline Bridge.
    Kalos: The Pokeball Factory
    Alola: The beaches of Alola
    Galar: Stadiums in Galar
    You can watch the trailer below to see if you can catch more references.

Are you excited for the 25th anniversary? We sure are!
    The post Pokemon Kicks Off 25th Anniversary with Katy Perry! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Katy Perry? That is pretty cool.

And I think I spot a new banner for the site.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

But Katy Perry has a male Pikachu's tail!

Crazy it's been around this long already. I still have the 10th Anniversary Pikachu plush and that doesn't feel like it was... 15 years ago. XD

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    But Katy Perry has a male Pikachu's tail!

Crazy it's been around this long already. I still have the 10th Anniversary Pikachu plush and that doesn't feel like it was... 15 years ago. XD
    I told you. For some reason they don't like the female or using it for SOME reason. ^^;

Man I wish I took part in more of the Anniversary events. I love when they come around now. 20th Anniversary is when I started participating really. Now I will for the 25th too. As I always planned to. Cause 25=Pikachu

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..