Katy Perry used “Roar”…and it’s super effective!
With the recent birth of her daughter, and having family top of mind, Katy Perry, 36, has decided to branch out a little and unite with a brand that is near to her heart. It was announced on Wednesday, in a video showcasing the journey trainers take within the Pokemon games, ending with the reveal that the superstar would be featured, as part of The Pokemon 25 Music Program.
“Pokémon has been a constant in my life from playing the original video games on my Game Boy, to trading Pokémon TCG cards at lunch, to the adventures of catching Pokémon on the street with Pokémon GO. I’ve even visited the Pokémon Café in Japan while on tour! It is an honor to be chosen to help celebrate a franchise that has given me so much joy in the last 25 years, and to be able to watch it evolve in the ways it’s provided that kind of electric joy for the kids in my life and around the world,”
-Katy Perry
It’s no surprise she is a Pokemon fan, one look at some of her wardrobe choices and its very obvious, as Twitter user @TheCafeEla points out in a thread that takes a look at over 25 Pokemon inspired costumes.
Not many other details were given about the Music Program, but Colin Palmer, VP of marketing at The Pokemon Company International, did tell us this. “Katy is a wonderful ambassador to help us celebrate 25 years of Pokémon, and we can’t wait for music fans everywhere to experience the exciting collaborations we have planned.” We can gather that other Universal Music Group artists will also be featured for the P25 Music Program, however we are going to have to wait to find out exactly who.
UMG has a wide array of artists in their arsenal. Singers Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Taylor Swift; rappers such as 50 Cent, Jay Z, and Kayne West; even bands Queen and Metallica. There is no telling what TPC and UMG have in store for us, but you can be certain, 2021 will be a wild ride.
See. you around, Genesect!
The post Katy Perry Joins The Pokemon 25 Music Program appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.