Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Haha it's okay man! It happens. It takes some getting used to but you're really getting the hang of it
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Still haven't heard any updates on my PC. Hopefully will hear something on it soon

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I know you told me the other night, but I am a little braindead so need a reminder. The GPU? Was it running at 100% but seemed to be underperforming?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    I know you told me the other night, but I am a little braindead so need a reminder. The GPU? Was it running at 100% but seemed to be underperforming?
    Yeah everything would be fine, but if I opened the task manager and checked the performance on everything. The GPU would be fine until I moved the mouse. Would make it just up even so much as moving the mouse to 18-29%. Then games. Any game, no matter how little it takes to run it. Made the GPU jump up to 99-100%. So games I used to be able to run at max graphics and have over 120fps. Could not do that.

I.e: Final Fantasy 14. Its an MMO I could run at max graphics. Main menu would run 360+ FPS and in game in smaller populations would be at 110-130 FPS. No frames missing and no choppy/blocky look. Bigger populated towns being around 60-80 with no loss of frames.

Since this issue started. Main menu would only get to 100-110fps. Lower populated places: 50-60fps with loss of frames. Highly populated areas 10-34fps with massive frame drops to the point it froze sometimes.

A new game I used to play Phasmophobia is another example. I never had any issues with it. It loaded quick, no graphic issues, nothing. But after this issue started. Same thing. No issues or anything, but if I moved the mouse slower. I got the blocky look. Thing is. Phasmophobia doesn't require much processing or anything at all. Older style computers can run it right now and be fine. Yet somehow it took up 100% running that too.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I didn’t understand a lot of that but the Phasmopjobia example really put that in perspective. Big yikes.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'm guessing you tried doing a fresh install on the GPU driver, but if not, definitely give that a try.

If that doesn't work, I think it's a GPU issue, either it's a hardware malfunction or there's some degree of incompatibility with your motherboard or other hardware. It's also possible they screwed up with whatever new GPU driver came out, which would explain why it was working okay before and then just got crappy.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'm guessing you tried doing a fresh install on the GPU driver, but if not, definitely give that a try.

If that doesn't work, I think it's a GPU issue, either it's a hardware malfunction or there's some degree of incompatibility with your motherboard or other hardware. It's also possible they screwed up with whatever new GPU driver came out, which would explain why it was working okay before and then just got crappy.
    We my buddy came over and tried a few things. Uninstalled the graphics driver and we reinstalled it. Even tried taking the driver back to an earlier date and nothing. No luck.

The time is upon us...