Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was your first Shiny Pokémon?

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I’ve only seen two besides the Red Gyarados. I saw a shiny Whismur in Ruby and a shiny Shelmet in Black. Problem with the Whismur was they were so horribly low in level and all the Pokémon in my team were absurdly high (I was cruising around around Rustboro City with my main team and didn’t even have so much as a HM slave on hand). The Whismur was impossible to catch, even just a love tap from my lowest-level Pokémon was the equivalent of a nuclear strike to it. Meanwhile, the Shelmet was encountered on a nuzlocke run and I had already caught a Pokémon in that area.

But yeah, it does catch you off guard and when they appear, you are suddenly reminded they even exist in the first place. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I’ve only seen two besides the Red Gyarados. I saw a shiny Whismur in Ruby and a shiny Shelmet in Black. Problem with the Whismur was they were so horribly low in level and all the Pokémon in my team were absurdly high (I was cruising around around Rustboro City with my main team and didn’t even have so much as a HM slave on hand). The Whismur was impossible to catch, even just a love tap from my lowest-level Pokémon was the equivalent of a nuclear strike to it. Meanwhile, the Shelmet was encountered on a nuzlocke run and I had already caught a Pokémon in that area.

But yeah, it does catch you off guard and when they appear, you are suddenly reminded they even exist in the first place. XD
    Oh...I am sorry for you. Whismur is such a cuuute pokemon
    Just caught a Pokemon Nanoblock!

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Outside of the Red Gyarados, it will be a Blue Psyduck in Crystal. I was confused at first.

Even more so when it evolved. Shiny Golduck in Crystal is lame.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga