Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was your first Shiny Pokémon?

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I’ve only seen two besides the Red Gyarados. I saw a shiny Whismur in Ruby and a shiny Shelmet in Black. Problem with the Whismur was they were so horribly low in level and all the Pokémon in my team were absurdly high (I was cruising around around Rustboro City with my main team and didn’t even have so much as a HM slave on hand). The Whismur was impossible to catch, even just a love tap from my lowest-level Pokémon was the equivalent of a nuclear strike to it. Meanwhile, the Shelmet was encountered on a nuzlocke run and I had already caught a Pokémon in that area.

But yeah, it does catch you off guard and when they appear, you are suddenly reminded they even exist in the first place. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I’ve only seen two besides the Red Gyarados. I saw a shiny Whismur in Ruby and a shiny Shelmet in Black. Problem with the Whismur was they were so horribly low in level and all the Pokémon in my team were absurdly high (I was cruising around around Rustboro City with my main team and didn’t even have so much as a HM slave on hand). The Whismur was impossible to catch, even just a love tap from my lowest-level Pokémon was the equivalent of a nuclear strike to it. Meanwhile, the Shelmet was encountered on a nuzlocke run and I had already caught a Pokémon in that area.

But yeah, it does catch you off guard and when they appear, you are suddenly reminded they even exist in the first place. XD
    Oh...I am sorry for you. Whismur is such a cuuute pokemon
    Just caught a Pokemon Nanoblock!

3. This post has been liked by:

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Outside of the Red Gyarados, it will be a Blue Psyduck in Crystal. I was confused at first.

Even more so when it evolved. Shiny Golduck in Crystal is lame.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Now I can't say for definite if this was my first, but the first I remember reacting like "oh damn, a shiny" was when I caught a shiny Zubat in Granite Cave on either Pokémon Sapphire or Emerald. Last year, I recently went through the process of transferring that forward to Pokémon bank, so I still have him!

6. This post has been liked by:

My first shiny was Gyarados!

My actual first shiny was a Drowzee in Pokemon Silver. I actually remember the moment playing on my teal Gameboy Color, I have a bunch memories with that, like that time I dropped it, and it fell down a sewer drain. My older brother jumped down there to fish it out, and it still worked. I stuck a Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon sticker on it, which stayed there until the Gameboy vanished.

Alright, tangent over. I remember it was my 2nd Pokemon game, and I was on my first playthrough. I was up in that little patch of grass by the bug contest outside of goldenrod, grinding my levels to take on Whitney and her Miltank. I recall it was early cause only certain Pokemon appeared at such times. I was beatin' on all the Yanma and Nidoran, when I saw that shadow of a Drowzee pop up. When it appeared, it was Purple. As opposed to thinking it was a glitch, I though it was super neat. So I caught it, and ran that Drowzee/Hypno to the end of that playthrough. Now, back then I was never interested in completing the Pokedex, which is something I didn't do until Gen 4. So, naturally.. after I beat it, I reset, and lost the Shiny forever. I own Shiny Drowzee on Pokemon GO, and it currently has the name of my Shiny from way back then, "Gumbo."

My wife, however, has had hilariously bad luck with Shiny Pokemon. Her first shiny, ever, was a Meditite. Not from RSE, or even ORAS, nooooo, this was in Pokemon Go. When they had the Fighting Type event I think back in May 2018 (Where I acquired a shiny Makuhita)? She had played since RSE came out. So, in her 16 years of playing, she never encountered one. While I encountered at least one in each gen game. It's astonishing, really. Some people can encounter them no problem, others, rarely ever see them.

BTW, if you're curious of the shinies from each gen that I caught:

Gen 2: Drowzee
    Gen 3: Wurmple
    Gen 4: Shinx
    Gen 5: Axew
    Gen 6: Inkay
    Gen 7: Yungoos
    Gen 8: Amaura (It took a while, but Crown Tundra finally didn't hate me.)

I won't bore you any more with remakes, and side games like Pokemon GO (Because that's a freakin' list.)

Alright! This was fun.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

8. This post has been liked by: