Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It sounds rough, but at least it doesn't drop out of the sky and pile up to two feet on your driveway like snow does... :P

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    It sounds rough, but at least it doesn't drop out of the sky and pile up to two feet on your driveway like snow does... :P
    Tell that to the crew that destroyed our yard to build this new roadway that took 5 years. XD

But yeah I get what you're saying. Honestly, unprofessionally speaking. I'd prefer the snow. :p

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Oh geez, never knew about that!

Sheesh, I'm trying to imagine it and it's definitely not pretty...

Administrator

Yeah there was a "roadway expansion" that had been getting planned....before I was even born. They just started it when I was around 22. 24 was when they reached our house and maaaaan. Those machines shook the house so terribly sometimes things fell or the powder flickered. Heck there's some cracks in the foundation too.

But yeah The yard and driveway were a mess. Especially the driveway. It was destroyed and we had to get them to see the damage and pay to fix it. I'm sure there's pictures somewhere. I don't have any on me though xD.

Maybe one day I'll get a chance to go north and experience this mythical "fluffy" snow xD. Understand exactly how it is and if I truly want to deal with it. Just seems fun to me xD (says the guy whose never experienced it to those that have their entire life)

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

It's fun when you're a kid and make snowmen, have snowball fights, go sledding, and all that fun stuff, but as an adult, the magic is gone when you need to shovel and drive in it. :P

Administrator

It's fun when you're a kid and make snowmen, have snowball fights, go sledding, and all that fun stuff, but as an adult, the magic is gone when you need to shovel and drive in it. :P
    You can still totally do all that as an adult xD. I mean I may be speaking again from a perspective of Someone that doesn't live with it as a common thing, but it doesn't have to be a daily chore. To me it seems like a rare thing that as long as you're careful it's fun! If it's not that enjoyable. You need friends to enjoy it with. Or friends to throw a shovel of snow on xD.

Yes yes it's true. I'd LOVE to be able to build a real SnowChu. ^^; but you can't do that with now snow let alone about an inch. Otherwise it's mostly grass, dirt, and mud.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

You'd have enough snow to build an army of Snowchus if you were to come here right now. XD

Administrator

You'd have enough snow to build an army of Snowchus if you were to come here right now. XD
    Just imagine. And couldn't forget the Emolga commander mixed in xD

Oh and another fun fact about Red Georgia Clay. No matter what if you're digging outside you're getting into it, but be prepared to either thrown out the clothes and possibly the shoes you work in it with. If you get it on you it spreads worse than mud, it's hard to get out, and don't even think for a second washing it with other clothes. It'll spread. Even washing off the shoes outside just leaves a muddy mess. Nothing worth keeping unless you got an old toothbrush to spend an hour cleaning your clothes and shoes with. Truly is like a red devil xD

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I've heard a few stories. I have a sister who lives in North Carolina and I think they have some of that red dirt up there, too.

Thankfully snow doesn't do that do your clothes. It'll just make them cold and wet for a while. XD

Administrator

Yeah, I've heard a few stories. I have a sister who lives in North Carolina and I think they have some of that red dirt up there, too.

Thankfully snow doesn't do that do your clothes. It'll just make them cold and wet for a while. XD
    It may have its own variation. Much like Arizona and New Mexico have their own, but the worst of the worst is the Red Georgia Clay. Without a doubt.

Yes please. Give me the snow any day and all day xD. If I win the lottery. I'm moving north. I'm the total opposite of anyone who gets rich. I don't need fancy lush beaches. Give me the big city, cold, and snow.

The time is upon us...