The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yep this is very true
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I think the thing I fear the most when traveling internationally is ending up in the hospital. Especially on some of these remote islands that have only one hospital. And that becomes a huge can of worms when dealing with insurance.

Administrator

Yeah insurance won't cover that. Which is why I'm kinda glad I didn't go to Japan that one time cause that's when lung collapse 2 happened. If that happened over the sea in the sky while in the plane? Landing would've been the worst and hospital stay my word...though my friend was in the Navy at the time and said he would've got me on the base hospital. So insurance would've covered. I still dunno I think it was good I didn't go and saved me.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    Wow, that makes me feel really grateful to live in Europe. Health insurance isn't an issue while travelling within the EEA/Switzerland because we get it for free through a cross-governmental scheme, so international travel isn't a big deal here. Although healthcare quality does vary depending on where you are on the continent. Going further afield would have a cost, but travel insurance is generally pretty cheap from my experience.

Not that it's relevant at the moment! We're not planning any travel beyond the island until at least next year.

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I'm not planning on any international travel for quite a while. I still need to renew my passport anyway.

I haven't gotten my COVID-19 vaccine yet, either.

Administrator

I got my passport renewed recently. It might be good to hold out on getting the vaccine. Lot of reports of some not working like it should or issues with than. There's probably gonna be changes to them and new protocols too.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

I've heard there's issues with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (sad because I work for Ethicon which is a division of J&J and Janssen had such high hopes for this thing), but I think the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are still ok.

I just do NOT want to get hit with this thing and so many other members of my family have already gotten their second shot by now. If it means getting a booster shot later or an updated one to address new strains and make up for deficiencies in the first round of shots, I have no problem with that and I'll get that too when the time comes, but right now not having anything at all makes me feel naked in terms of protection.

But yeah, being nailed for two weeks, barely able to breathe, with constant fevers and possible risk of permanent lung damage, no thanks.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I've heard there's issues with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (sad because I work for Ethicon which is a division of J&J and Janssen had such high hopes for this thing), but I think the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are still ok.
    Lucky for you, J&J's issues only have been appearing in women at the moment, so our AMAB members should be good to go. J&J is currently being reviewed for a literal one in a million chance (no i am not exaggerating on that) of an increased risk of blood clotting problems. It's unclear of the J&J vaccine is actually the source itself or, based on the demographic of people who have been impacted by it, it's actually related to birth control (since that also can have the same effect). Either way, for now it's being pulled so no one has to worry about it.

Modern and Pfizer are still being used as they have no issues at this time and are therefore safe to get.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Thankfully, I got scheduled to get the first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow. I'm a bit surprised I was able to get something so close by and so quickly!

Definitely looking forward to that peace of mind, although I won't be able to get the 2nd dose until May 11th. But hey, that's not too far off.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Least you have a second shot scheduled. I won't get that until Friday.
    / / / / / / / /