Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Administrator

I dare not go into the most recent weird one. It was....really odd. Why I dreamed up something so odd. My mind is very very weird.

One before that I melted. Like literally melted. Woke up in a colder place completely remade and was told I have to stay in colder regions to live xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

2. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The weirdest dreams I've had were reoccurring ones. When I was a kid, I kept having this series of dreams of being in this same dark, haunted mansion and kept trying to leave and find a way out, but stuff kept happening and kept pulling me back into it (mazes, getting lost, and one time I even made it out and was almost home free but some old dude got angry and pulled me back in just because I left him behind). And I'd get this same dream scenario every now and then and despite trying different routes and approaches, nope. Thankfully, it stopped many years ago.

But the freakiest reoccurring thing that used to happen in ALL my dreams was with light switches. Every single time I flicked one up to get some lights on, everything would instantly go dark, everything I saw would get scrambled like a bad video game glitch, and there was this very distinctive BRRRRRRTTTTT sound that was the same dang thing every single time it happened. And I fell for that same stupid trap so many dang times, especially in dimly-lit places in my dreams.

Administrator

I've had a few episodes of sleep paralysis before too. Those were always pretty freaky. The feeling where you're conscious is awake, but you can't "wake-up" and open your eyes.

The time is upon us...

Ooooh, we are chatting about dreams?? How fun!

My most recent one was falling in love with a cyborg ;_; basically it was a regular guy but with an entirely robot head! He was so lovely and we slowdanced... kindof a daft punk vibe but more articulated and with a light blue vision screen. Why are you not real, robot man??
    And then the next day, Daft Punk broke up! Double noooo!

Neo, do your dreams still freak out when you hit a switch? You used past tense! I often get a dream glitch when I look in a mirror, because like... my body doesnt have a well defined shape in my mind, so I have to focus all my brainpower on figuring out what I'm choosing to look like. The rest of the dream begins to rumble and shake and dissolve if I look for too long, or make too many alterations at once.

Chakra, did you hear or see anything during sleep paralysis? I've kinda had two types- one where I'm falling asleep and my body has totally turned off but my brain is still going and i can't make me move, but I'm also not dreaming so I'm just kinda chillin waiting for brain to switch off too? And those are common and fine!
    Then the other type I get is where something really distressing is happening in a dreamscape version of the room and I'm struggling to wake up or move or squeak out a "help me!", which sucks. But also because I'm actually still paralyzed it's not like, upsetting to anyone else; theres no shouting or thrashing like you might with a nightmare.

Senior Administrator

I don’t think the light switch thing applies anymore (hope I didn’t jinx myself). But that was an ongoing thing for YEARS but I think it’s all past now. But it was like bam, you flick a switch and you get treated to a game-glitch style electrocution finish and I usually woke up feeling freaked out and awful from that. Also, having mirrors freak out in a dream is actually a common theme! I’ve heard of other people getting that. Can’t say I’ve had too much of it myself, but it’s possible I just don’t remember.

And yeah, I’ve had sleep paralysis. That SUCKS. And it usually happens at bad times, in dreams where I want to wake up, but nope, “you’re stuck here, go back to sleep, get dragged right into the nightmare you were trying to weasel your way out of.”

I’ve also tried lucid dreaming, where you try to become aware you’re in a dream so you can screw around with everything and become dream god. I’ve had it happen a few times where I realized I was in a dream, but it had that feeling of “uh oh” and suddenly I felt like a wizard that ran out of mana, feeling like I was capable of crazy “anything you want” powers but just didn’t know how to make them work.

And yeah, I’ve had HEAPS of Pokémon-related dreams. The absolute best one was being an Emolga in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon setting, and the title of the story was “Tale of the Rogues” with me leading this band of rag-tag Pokémon that were former humans across rugged terrain, lush forests, and other fun adventures. It was fantastic but I never figured out what the calamity or crisis was. XD

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Lucid dreaming is fun! I often realize I'm in a dream because I've got like... stuff I can do in dreams that I cant irl? like change my outfit at will, fly/glide, breathe underwater, or disintegrate things I dont like, but I usually just stick to those skills otherwise I lose my grip on the dream. I like your way of treating it like mana! I guess I have cantrips I can use safely without it being a drain, and anything more than that is... unsteadying to the fabric of dream reality, and tiring!

And I use the disintegration sparingly-- it's good for getting rid of annoyances but things can respawn if they're actually important in the dream. At that point I'm like... ok, looks like I need to get rid of this person/obstacle another way.

I had a friend who had lots of dreams of being helpless, and we worked on getting them to always have a laser gun in their pocket in their dreams- because to them, their dream skills werent in their body, they were in objects around them. It was so cool hearing about the magical objects they found in the future!

My most distinct pokemon dream I think I was a squirtle and it was some kind of battle royale and I was surprised that using water gun didnt make me feel like I was projectile vomiting xD It was just easy and natural!

9. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Ooooh, we are chatting about dreams?? How fun!

My most recent one was falling in love with a cyborg ;_; basically it was a regular guy but with an entirely robot head! He was so lovely and we slowdanced... kindof a daft punk vibe but more articulated and with a light blue vision screen. Why are you not real, robot man??
    And then the next day, Daft Punk broke up! Double noooo!

Neo, do your dreams still freak out when you hit a switch? You used past tense! I often get a dream glitch when I look in a mirror, because like... my body doesnt have a well defined shape in my mind, so I have to focus all my brainpower on figuring out what I'm choosing to look like. The rest of the dream begins to rumble and shake and dissolve if I look for too long, or make too many alterations at once.

Chakra, did you hear or see anything during sleep paralysis? I've kinda had two types- one where I'm falling asleep and my body has totally turned off but my brain is still going and i can't make me move, but I'm also not dreaming so I'm just kinda chillin waiting for brain to switch off too? And those are common and fine!
    Then the other type I get is where something really distressing is happening in a dreamscape version of the room and I'm struggling to wake up or move or squeak out a "help me!", which sucks. But also because I'm actually still paralyzed it's not like, upsetting to anyone else; theres no shouting or thrashing like you might with a nightmare.
    I don't remember all that happened like that, but I remember the first one. I was just walking and someone grabbed me on the shoulder as I walked past. Then things felt like they were spinning really fast. Suddenly I was conscious, but couldn't wake up. Like you said. My brain turned on, but my body didn't. I couldn't move or speak. Nothing was happening in the dream either. Just me not being able to open my eyes or move.

One time I did manage to slowly force my eyes open, but never doing that again if I have an episode of it. Not being able to move, but having your eyes open is a horrible groggy feeling.
    @Neo Emolga yeah I wish I had more Pokémon related dreams xD. Those would be nice. They were nice when I was younger.

The time is upon us...

11. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Administrator

If I could master lucid dreaming, I'd be taking down Godzilla-sized monsters, endless swarms and armies of evil bad guys and stuff in the most epic battles ever using all kinds of fun magic and transformation powers. Some crazy vehicular combat would be great, too. XD It would be so insane but just so much dang fun. Sure, start it off like another innocent PMD game like "Tale of the Rogues" and then have it escalate into something so hardwired and intoxicated on epic insanity like that!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    If I could master lucid dreaming, I'd be taking down Godzilla-sized monsters, endless swarms and armies of evil bad guys and stuff in the most epic battles ever using all kinds of fun magic and transformation powers. Some crazy vehicular combat would be great, too. XD It would be so insane but just so much dang fun. Sure, start it off like another innocent PMD game like "Tale of the Rogues" and then have it escalate into something so hardwired and intoxicated on epic insanity like that!
    Something kinda like Ready Player One? Where you can be anyone or anything? Where there's some magical quest to find something that's the key to unlocking a special something that creates an epic tale and fight for the prize?

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Something kinda like Ready Player One? Where you can be anyone or anything? Where there's some magical quest to find something that's the key to unlocking a special something that creates an epic tale and fight for the prize?
    Yep, you're thinking along the right path!

Also, that whole race scene was pretty awesome even though it was definitely chaotic.