Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Pokemon Memory

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    Oh my gosh Neo. That is me too as well. Granted, I don't have the Umbreon hoodie but I do have my favorite hoodie which is this varsity baseball style hoodie with white sleeves that needs to be washed. I got five pieces of Pokemon artwork on my desk, two plushes and this Lillie pins and Worlds 2019 cloth rag hanging as well. On to the top of the desk's shelf are 21 Pikachu (with Raichu) plushes along with all my Pokemon mini-figurines.

And that is not counting the various other figures and Pokemon plushes and posters that are elsewhere in my room.

I think it is safe to say that the Pokemon bug got us bad. haha
    Kigurumis are essentially Pokémon pajamas, made of a fleece material and they are extremely soft and cozy while a lot like a costume. BEWARE, you buy one and you'll feel like getting more and you'll be like me wondering which of my favorite Pokemon I don't have yet. I went bonkers and replaced all my winter pajamas with them (and I don't regret it!). There's a few folks on Etsy that make them and while they can be a bit pricey (typically in the $150-$350 range depending), they're worth it!

Yeah, the Pokémon bug is probably what's going to result in me still playing Pokemon games and buying this stuff long after I've retired.

2. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Kigurumis are essentially Pokémon pajamas, made of a fleece material and they are extremely soft and cozy while a lot like a costume. BEWARE, you buy one and you'll feel like getting more and you'll be like me wondering which of my favorite Pokemon I don't have yet. I went bonkers and replaced all my winter pajamas with them (and I don't regret it!). There's a few folks on Etsy that make them and while they can be a bit pricey (typically in the $150-$350 range depending), they're worth it!

Yeah, the Pokémon bug is probably what's going to result in me still playing Pokemon games and buying this stuff long after I've retired.
    I can second this as I now have a Pikachu one thanks to Neo. XD

I just hate how it doesn't seems to fit totally right now after washing it that time. Lesson learned....I hope.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

I never got into those things. Pretty set on the type of pajamas I want which is baggy. I know they are pretty baggy but never big on one pieces pajamas. But hey. They sound cool.

Oh man....It is hard to let it go. We going to need Pokemon patches to stick to our arms when we get old and can't get Pokemon stuff.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Alot of earliest pokemon is vague in memory, but I remember body slamming brocks crew with my pikachu and winning a badge that way. Could barely even read at the time.
    You bet your butt I remember when mom came home with a copy of pokemon stadium in tow. WEW!
    Feel free to Message me Directly if you want to chat.

My first memory was actually a magazine ad. I had never even heard of Pokemon before, it was *just* new in the West some time in 1998. I was in a grocery store and looking at a magazine for kids, some kind of Disney Magazine; I remember it had Disney's Recess characters on the cover. But, the back of the little magazine was a full-page ad. It was a bunch of Pokemon drawn in their anime style together in a group, with a big net going over them and the 'Gotta Catch Em All" slogan. Didn't know what it was or what they were then, but I studied the pictures for a while and it stuck in my memory for when I discovered it properly soon afterward. But that ad is the first memory.

EDIT: I didn't read the second post in this thread before replyng first but where EmeraldSky posted:
    I had just received the latest issue of Disney Adventures (RIP) in the mail, and one ad on the very last page got my attention--a bunch of weird creatures about to be caught in a huge net. One creature stood out to me--a tiny yellow mouse with a thunderbolt for a tail. I decide to keep the little guy in mind as I put the finished magazine on the shelf with my back issues.
    Yes! This is the magazine! Hah cool that it's the same place for the first memory.

7. This post has been liked by: