Legends Awaken in 2022! Pokemon Legends: Arceus!

The Legends are coming true! Pokemon Legends!
    Plenty of Pokemon video game announcements were made during today’s Pokemon Presents. One of the games that were featured in today’s Pokemon Presents was Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
    Pokemon Legends: Arceus

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a game that will promise to take players in a bold new direction. You will be visiting Sinnoh of the past. A time before modern day Pokeballs and vast cities.
    The player character of Pokemon Legends may look familiar but will surely act different when in the overall game. You will start from one of the first villages in the Sinnoh region with three familiar Pokemon: Rowlet, Cyndaquil, or Oshawott. These Pokemon have came to the land of Sinnoh with a traveling professor who have visited many different regions.

You will leave your village into the vast area outside and around Mt. Coronet. It is there that you will be able to take part in completing the first PokeDex of the Sinnoh region. This game will have plenty of action-like and RPG elements beyond any other Pokemon games. You will be able to observe and sneak around Pokemon in order to learn how to capture them. There will be plenty of opportunities to battle the wild Pokemon you see in this vast area as well. It will give you as the player an immersive experience.
    Though, what does the long shadow of Arceus has to do with your adventure? A Mythical Pokemon that has only been heard on the passing whisper. The one Pokemon that created the entire Pokemon world. That is a mystery that you will have to find out when you play Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
    You can explore the Sinnoh of the past in Early 2022.
    Thoughts

It looks as if Game Freak really threw everybody a curve ball with not just one new Pokemon game but two! It also just so happens to be set in the Sinnoh region.
    Even more surprising is that the game takes place in the past. Personally, I would always love to play a game that takes place in the future after we have completed our adventure. Maybe in the same way that Gold & Silver or Black 2 & White 2. Though, once again, Pokemon has decided to throw another curve ball. It is fitting seeing that we are deal with the past and Arceus. So it is best that this game takes places in Sinnoh instead of Kanto for the tenth time.

From the visuals, it looks as if Game Freak has taken all that they learn from developing Sword & Shield and putting it to the test in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. You can see some nods to the improved Wild Area from the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC. Though, you can now interact with the Pokemon without having to deal with a battle transition. We will have to see how this works in practice but it is really interesting. Certainly something that we haven’t seen from previous Pokemon games. If it is what we think then it really does show that Game Freak has really gotten a grip on developing for the Switch.
    Lastly, it looks like another Mythical may find it self getting off the “Sacred S-List of Mythical”. That is Mythical Pokemon of the highest caliber that can’t be captured in game via normal methods. Deoxys was once one of those Mythical Pokemon but since Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire it has now been “D-listed” as Mythical.
    The chance to not only learn about Arceus but also capture it could be really interesting. We are finally getting some real Arceus lore that hasn’t been done ever before. Arceus has always been there but never explored. We got hints and nods with Silvally but nothing direct.

What is even more interesting is that Pokemon is taking existing characters, ideas and regions and repurposing them for a new game. There is no new Starter Trio. Instead we are taking three previous used Starters and using them for this game. They also happen to be three popular Starter Pokemon but that is another discussion for another time.
    Ever since Generation Two, I have always wanted Pokemon to use what characters and ideas they have in a new game. That way we won’t have to constantly make new Pokemon. I guess now that we are getting close to 1000 Pokemon that Pokemon is going to try this idea. If so then I am excited for this direction.
    Speaking of using existing ideas, does that emblem on the main character’s clothing looks similar to Team Galactic’s emblem? Perhaps we could get more backstory beyond just Arceus. Like I said, using existing ideas in new games.
    Below are some screenshot from Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
    What do you think? Excited to learn more about Arceus and Sinnoh of long ago?
    The post Legends Awaken in 2022! Pokemon Legends: Arceus! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Who is ready to catch Arceus? I am!
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

/ / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Oh it looks so pretty!!
    I'm excited about travelling to the past- and not having to transition into battle when I bump into things!

This region is one I never played any games in, so I'm sure it'll feel like a proper adventure - not knowing what anything is normally like + it being in the past!

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

You have been on point with the memes.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

This game looks INCREDIBLE.

I always felt the Wild Area in SwSh was a cool idea, though small (the DLCs are a little better, but still a bit small), but this looks WAY MORE expansive, kind of like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild where you're just overwhelmed with how big the world is around you and how many little areas there are to explore and get lost in. Meanwhile it looks very scenic and colorful and exploring Sinnoh's past seems like a cool concept with plenty of stuff to build upon.

Going to be tough to wait a whole year for this, but hey, it's something really nice to look forward to. :3

Administrator

I do hope this new open world area is as big as we think it is. Since it'll be in a more feudal era. They may make it much smaller than we think due to the region not growing up in time.

Sadly yeah. Summer is always the slowest to go by and it's so dreadful. All these movies and games being hyped. I almost can't take it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..