VIDEO: A Brief History of the Pokemon Center New York

Have you ever wanted to take a peek into the Pokemon Center in New York City?
    The problem is that you can’t anymore. What was once the dream destination for Pokemon fans across the United States is no longer around. This store was the place-to-be for any Pokemon fan. It was the location where you knew you could get your next favorite piece of Pokemon merchandise. Even if you didn’t buy anything, you still would have left with a smile on your face.
    While, you can’t visit this location anymore. We have found the one video that will get you inside this famed Pokemon location.
    Today, join us as we feature a video from Snellby Reviews going over the history of Pokemon Center New York. Not only will you get to see what was inside the only Pokemon Center in the United States. You will get to learn about it’s history and even see the design concepts of this premiere Pokemon destination. This video promises to show you even merchandise that was once exclusive to the store. Some that you may have never knew existed!
    So take break and get ready to enter a place that you may have never thought you will get to see. The store that Pokemon fans dream of going into. A look into history of the once beloved and dream destination for any Pokemon fan back then and now.
    Let’s watch this video going over the history of the Pokemon Center New York.

The post VIDEO: A Brief History of the Pokemon Center New York appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

Administrator

Yeah it's sad that it doesn't exist anymore. I remember years ago first seeing it announced in my Nintendo Power magazine (boy saying that makes me feel old). It's something that started my desire into wanting to go up to New York to see it. I thought it was super amazing and it was something I NEEDED to see. I remember one day one of their daily content eat in Nintendo Power was a sweepstakes to win a trip there and getting to see the new movie Pokémon 4Ever. I so desperately wanted to win that, but of course didn't win. Years later I was disappointed to learn it was being shut down to reopen as Nintendo World. With the Pokémon Center still within it. Just...Not as great as it once was. Even today it's deteriorated. I've now been to the Nintendo World and it's...okay, just not as great as what once was unfortunately.

Maybe one day we can see another outside of Japan or maybe at least some of the cafes across the world or something. Have like a unique appeal of "foods across the world."

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have a lot of fond memories of this place but I never knew it was once a Pokémon Center. I’ve only ever known it as Nintendo World and Nintendo New York.

I visited this place shortly after Satoru Iwata’s death and man was that an emotional sight. They had a little book on a pedestal that you could sign to leave a note for the Iwata family, but the platforms by the windows were just COVERED in all sorts of pictures, notes, and gifts of all kind for the Iwata family. Some people have left him drawings or 3D printed figures, while others had left their literal copies of Pokémon Gold and Silver. It was so cool.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

There wasn't anything like that there when I went, but due to it being around the holidays it was wildly busy. Nothing good in terms of Pokémon mercy either. The building was kinda decked in Holiday theme though. I guess America just has a better appeal to "Nintendo" as opposed to a one set themed shop. They still had a contract going and didn't wanna waste money. So they saw the opportunity and jumped on it.

Though I totally wish they would try again. Even if the ships are smaller.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..