Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Ozona Reverie
    Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: N/A

Ozona was very quiet as she walked though the streets of Heahea. She didn't really understand why all of these hexes and curses had popped up, she just wanted a chance to have a good time battling and then this happens. She wanted a break from all of this spooky nonsense, it was very stressful for her to be honest.no

Riding on her shoulder was her trusty Cincinno, Oreo, her only real stress relief besides from her now released Altaria, and she had a lot of pressure on her mind too to try and keep Ozona happy. Even though she was just a little Normal type, she knew she was helping a lot. With a small flick of her shawl, Oreo patiently clung on to Ozona as she resumed her walking after checking if anyone was around, which they weren't.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Cassandra Silvers (AKA Naomi Hart)
    Memorial Hill
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine @Noblejanobii @Chakramaster

Cassandra didn’t want to admit she hadn’t ever taken a ride on a motorcycle before, but she decided to go with it, especially since cars on Akala Island were rare and most of the locals used either bikes, mopeds, or motorcycles like this one. But there were plenty of cases where locals and tourists would ride Pokémon as well, but none of the six Pokémon that she had now were ones large enough to ride and support a human passenger.

After getting her helmet on, she climbed on and held on tight as she and Jon raced through the streets. For a very short moment, Cassandra had taken a glace at something Jon had noticed, and if memory served her correctly, she thought she had recognized Avery Miller from four years ago, but wasn’t quite sure. At least this person reminded her of them. She also didn’t recognize the person they were with, leading Cassandra to believe maybe she was just seeing things and too many people she now saw were reminding her of someone else…

After arriving at Memorial Hill, Jon and Cassandra had met up with Dylan, who had been trying to calm a Decidueye. Once Dylan explained what he had found and who he believed left the curse, Abbee the Decidueye explained further, letting them know she had to give up tailing the suspect to prevent Dylan from triggering the hex. Meanwhile, she had realized Jimmy had been following them shortly after getting off the bike.

“Long time no see both of you,” Jimmy told both Jon and Cassandra. “I was filled in on the details.”

“Hey, good to see you too, Jimmy,” Cassandra smiled at him. “Still, just watch your step and don’t touch anything you don’t need to. We’re still not sure what the nature of this hex is, or why it was put there.”

“No matter, it’s a lead if nothing else,” Jon said. “Cass, any idea what it is?”

Cassandra had moved in to take a closer look, looking at the petition paper. She had seen the purple-colored symbol left besides the name “Brianna Levine.” While Jon and Dylan believed that was the suspect’s name, Cassandra felt it could be a hoax or possibly someone the suspect wanted to frame. It just seemed reckless to leave their real name at the scene of the crime. Still, she wasn’t as concerned about that as the symbol itself.

Looking it over, she felt she didn’t recognize it entirely at first. It bore the marking of an Axtavat Sigil, but the purple glow to it didn’t make sense and the more she looked at it, the more she felt her initial theory about it being an Axtavat hex may not be quite right. Still, reading and identifying curses was not beyond her ability. However, right now, as she looked around while keeping her hood covered over her face, she wasn’t sure who might be watching and listening. She didn’t want to be caught in the act of disarming a curse, because then that could be reported to Agatha’s posse and then she would know there were Shadowcraft witches working on the opposite side. Since she wanted to do this quietly and secretively with the way Akala Island was right now, there were too many eyes everywhere.

She had decided to let out Nami the Purugly and Angel the Swanna. Once the hefty gray cat and white swan Pokémon emerged from their Pokéballs, Cassandra took another look around at the dark shrubs and darkened skies.

“Nami, I’m going to need to you to be terragi while Angel, I need you as an aerotai,” Cassandra told them both. “No time to explain, there’s eyes everywhere around here and I need to concentrate on this.”

The Purugly and Swanna almost gawked as they looked at Cassandra with shock before they looked at each other suddenly doubting everything they had known about her.

“Purr…?” (“How… does a human know what those mean?”) Nami asked Angel, totally in disbelief jargon thought only to be known to wild and feral Pokémon was now being used by this human. “Purr…ruuu… (“I haven’t heard those used since I was a Glameow back in the wild…”)

“Swaa…naa…” (“Me neither, this girl is pretty unusual.”) Angel nodded, looking at Cassandra and wondering if she really was human after all.

Takiae, please…” Cassandra instructed them as she understood and overheard what they were saying, using the lingo of ‘please pay attention’ that normally only an alpha Pokémon in the wild would use to instruct the pack. “If you see anything out there, I’ve got to know.”

Still bewildered by Cassandra’s knowledge of such things on top of her being able to understand Pokémon speech, they decided to obey her command. While Cassandra approached the petition, Nami kept a lookout on the ground while Angel kept his eyes on the skies, guarding her as they remained vigilant in trying to detect any disturbances in the shadows and in the surrounding environment. When Cassandra arrived, she saw the laminated paper and she looked closely at the list of signatures, seeing the name “Brianna Levine.” Ordinarily, the sigil was invisible and was easy to miss. She realized this had to be a contact-based hex, and she realized Dylan was extremely lucky to have not triggered the curse if it was primed enough to glow from the proximity of his hand being there.

“Nas kama narin…” Cassandra muttered as she hovered her hand over the sigil, trying to read what this other Shadowcraft witch had left behind.

But even in trying to read this Shadowcraft hex, she was getting a mixed feedback, but then shortly after she realized what was going on. Whoever had left this here had created a hybrid of two hexes interwoven together. An almost experimental hex, which got Cassandra wondering how and why someone would set this up.

“It’s like two curses in one,” Cassandra explained to the others. “Whoever left this here managed to figure out how to weave a Zekve and a Koxein curse together. Had you touched that, you’d be one really sick and queasy Shroomish and whoever left this here and hexed you would get to see through your own eyes and watch everything you were doing without you even knowing.”

Cassandra felt she could disarm it, but it would be a delicate process. She’d have to cut the link to the nether first, but she didn’t know if that dark energy was running through the sigil together as one cohesive insignia or if it now had two separate sources like two live wires charged from two separate power units. She figured she’d start with the Koxein portion of the hex, feeling if she at least disarmed that but accidentally trigged the Zekve hex, she could take becoming a Shroomish over running the risk of having Agatha’s followers discover they had a witchcraft hospital to curse and hex to kingdom come.

However, after a minute of delicately dissecting the sigil’s source of power to the nether, she was able to sever the link and disarm the curses as one without having anything trigger. With the hexes dispelled, she was able to easily “clean” and flush off off the inscribed hex marking as if it was never placed there.

“And poof, it’s gone,” Cassandra replied, smiled she learned something out of that. “Whatever they’re doing, they’re getting clever about it. Which… gives me a theory about this whole thing.”

She then looked to Jon, Dylan, Abbee, and Jimmy. While she knew what she was thinking may not be entirely true, she at least wanted to put it on the table as a plausible basis of investigation.

“Agatha and her witchy friends here may be cursing and hexing everyone as part of a training or ‘educational’ experience,” Cassandra theorized, seeing as how this was an experimental hybrid hex. “The other possibility is this is all for research for some really nasty intention. Or both. Either way, I have a feeling they’re using everyone else on the island as lab Ratattas for practice to see what’s most effective and then get everyone in their posse to become an expert at it. I know this because… we did some experimenting with Shadowcraft, too. Back in the wild for the past four years. Shadowcraft isn’t so cut and dry, it’s adaptable, and we adapted it to align with our natural surroundings as a kind of… druidic-like magic of sorts. But it takes trial and error with experimentation. Sometimes it works, other times… odd things happen. Let’s just say I was glad ‘Sonia’ and ‘Sasha’ were still around when I accidentally triggered my homemade ensnaring flower trap spell or I might still be stuck in that.”

Nami and Angel had looked at each other again, perplexed and confused.

“Anyway, I could be wrong, but I wouldn’t rule it out as a possibility,” Cassandra told them. “In the meantime, that Koxein hex gives me an idea. If we could nab one of these witches, lay this ‘wire tap’ curse on them and we… ‘accidentally’ lose our hold on them and they escape, we might see where they’re hiding and what they’re up to. I imagine it kind of works like your sight-sharing with Latios, Jon, although I haven’t tried using Koxein curses myself. I figure it’s worth a try while Agatha believes no one but her own witch friends has access to that kind of spell.”

Cassandra knew she’d need to head back to the urgent care center to brush up that Koxein hex, but she wasn’t worried about that. She was thinking she might have to run this idea by Steven first, as he may have already had his own plans that she was not aware of, and it was likely she hadn’t heard about them yet as she had been busy at the urgent care center. But still, if he gave the plan the green light, she was confident she could master the use of that Koxein hex rather quickly and put it to good use as she felt it couldn’t be too complicated of a thing to learn.

It was trying to catch a living and breathing witch and get them under control long enough to do this hex without them realizing it… that, she knew, would be much, much harder…

Jarena Farrell (AKA Sonia Fairchild) and Violet Radcliffe (AKA Sasha Winters)
    Section B, Heahea City Urgent Care Center, Heahea City
    Affected RPers: @Chakramaster

"Excuse me, can you ladies help? I seem to be a little lost."

Jarena had turned around to see Alisaie Kendo, though she didn’t recognize her. She also didn’t see her go through the Section B entrance, although Jarena would admit she wasn’t watching it all that closely. While she didn’t seem like a threat, Jarena just decided to be a little careful and not openly reveal what was going on here, just in case.

“Oh, hey there, name’s Sonia, nice to meet you,” Jarena told her, using her cover name. “You’re in Section B right now. Did you have some kind of ailment you need resolved?”

Jarena figured if she did, she could point her in the right direction depending on what it was. Section A was still there for resolving the usual urgent care medical procedures that weren’t witchcraft-related. It all depended on what kind of help she needed, if anything at all.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 04-28-2021 at 02:32 AM.

3. This post has been liked by:

Ruford Mcdonough
    Heahea Urgent Care Center, Section B
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga, @Chakramaster

Ruford listened to the tail end of the conversation the nurses were having as he lumbered in. Some tourist, by the looks of it, while one of the Triad was talking to a tourist asking for directions. He had worked with the Triad a couple times already – helping with a couple of hexed victims and listening as they went over instructions for breaking the various spells throughout the island. He didn't like 'em, not one bit – there was something off about them, as though they were hiding something.

He couldn't place his finger on what though. They were probably pop stars.

He gestured to one of them to follow him as he made his way into the room Cynthia was occupying. The Sinnoh Champion was sitting at a desk she had taken over from a local doctor – a doctor who was now in one of the rooms, his left arm transformed into an Arbok. To say she was weary was an understatement – Heahea was under siege.

“Ruford,” she said.

He popped the head of the Lickilicky costume off, letting out a gasp of air as he did so. He begin extricating himself out of the costume as he gave his report.

“Came here as fast as I could. Whole town's a mess – kept seeing ghosts about the place. Low level stuff, basic Pokemon and whatnot, but there's some really big $%^$ just under the surface, I think. I took a taxi here, and well...”

He gestured as the taxi driver was wheeled in on a stretcher, his face a mess of boils and writhing tentacles.

“Kept going on about a mask he bought at one of the souvenir stands, said it was supposed to help protect him from ghosts and his ex-husband. Looks like he got it bad, though.”

“You think the masks might have something to do with it?” Cynthia asked.

“Well, it's a good start,” Ruford reasoned, “Easy to buy, everyone loves 'em, I guess you could put a nice hex on 'em or something. I don't know, I'm not a Shadowcraft expert.”

“That... makes sense,” Cynthia said, “It lines up with a few of the incidents we've seen thus far. And the reason why I called you here.”

She produced a small mask, “This here was being worn by a small child. The hex wasn't really anything special – just caused the poor kid to burp out fireworks. What I'm more concerned about is the design.”

Ruford glanced down at the old mask. It was a plain mask that you could buy at a party store and decorate, an off-white color that had been bedazzled with pink and blue dots. It almost reminded him of...

“A Blacephalon,” he said, “Well, I'm not surprised. One of those things rolled through here a couple months ago, blew up a small hotel. Was all over the news. Any kid could've seen it and decided it was a cool Ultra Beast, right? Unless you're saying it was intentionally designed as an Ultra Beast – and a Ghost type at that. Fits the theme. Fits making a scene...”

5. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jon Drake, Abbee Strauss and Dylan Squier
    Memorial Hill
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga @Chakramaster

Cassandra managed to dispel the curse which they learnt was more nefarious than they realized whilst Jon felt his phone buzzing, with a call from Steven. Making note to call him back later,* Jon declined the call before it buzzed again.

After it buzzed for a third time Jon received a message.

"Answer the phone Jon!"

Sighing, Jon muttered to the three others there "Principal Stone wants to speak to me..."

Jon answered the call, and heard Steven sounding irritated on the other end of the line.

"Got a few questions for you Jon..." Steven said irritably.

"Firstly, why is the tracking from your phone disabled? Secondly, why has your entire squad disabled their tracking too... and thirdly, why the he'll do I keep getting told to 'ask Jon' whenever I try and ask any of your squad about their activity..." Steven asked, as Jon sighed.

"My entire squad has been ordered not to share information outside of the squad. If any information leaves my squad, it's through me." Jon explained, "What do you want to know?"

"I want to know why you are encouraging insubordination from your squad? I am tied for highest ranking official here, and I can't get a peep out of them, even with threat of punishment." Steven retorted.

"They're doing well then..."

"Goddamn it Jon, answer the question."

"The S.S. Wishmaker s**tshow made it abundantly clear that the League has a problem keeping information to themselves." Jon explained, "I have handpicked my squad and trust all of them, but I don't have the time or authority to comb through everyone involved in the operation. I trust my squad to keep information to themselves, but very few others outside of them. And if my trust proved to be ill-placed, and information leaks, it will be easier to find that leak..."

"So you don't trust me either?" Steven asked.

"If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't have contacted you when Triad showed up at my door, let alone let you involve the League. I trust you, Cynthia and Triad, but the League has no reason to have my trust." Jon answered quietly, so nobody outside those closest to him could hear, "I know it isn't certain, but there is a very real chance that had the League managed to keep its operatives under control, and it's information from leaking, we would have covered up what happened on the S.S. Wishmaker and might not be in this mess. The league's failings led to attempted murder, me nearly being framed for it, and an attack on my school that resulted with a gun pointed at my head. Don't pretend the League have any reason for me to trust them, especially since we both have a secret that could wind up with us being court marshalled and thrown in jail for the rest of our lives, and I don't exactly see you lining up to inform the League of it..."

"Fine, I get it, the League isn't perfect." Steven replied, somewhat defeated.

"I will let you and Cynthia know whatever you want to know about what my squad digs up, because I have faith you will trust my instinct and let me keep this information within my squad." Jon explained, "Just like I trusted yours about our green friend..."

"I expect a written report from you every night." Steven replied.

"And I expect you to show nobody and burn it after reading." Jon retorted.

"This had better not blow up in our face." Steven explained, "The league weren't happy that I gave you your own squad, and if there is a disaster that could have been prevented had you followed protocol, it will be my a** on the line."

Jon said goodbye before hanging up the phone, unaware of the new person in the group. After a second he recognized the trainer as Jimmy Kendo as his eyes quickly darted around to see if Jirachi was nearby. He wasn't which meant it was either in its Pokeball, or loose somewhere else, Jon knowing which he would prefer.

"I just gotta send this report... I will forward you three a copy." Jon muttered to Cassandra, Dylan and Abbee, before opening an SMS to Cassandra.

"Cassandra, Eon Squad is under strict order to not allow any intel to leave the squad unless it's through myself. The league have proven they can't keep information from leaking, and I don't want sensitive information in their system after Wishmaker. I know you aren't part of my squad but ask as a friend that you keep this to yourself, other than Violet and Jarena as we need their expertise. I will make sure the people who need to know are told..."

Sending the message and pocketing his phone, Jon looked at Jimmy.

"Jimmy Kendo, it's been a while..."

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:06 AM.

7. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Luneth Tarot
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga, @Chakramaster, @Noblejanobii

Luneth was relieved as the Medical Center came into view. Luckily it hadn’t been too far away. Even from a distance, she could see there was a steady flow of people coming in and out, as more victims of the curses were found. One guy was dresses in a Lickylicky costume, which for reasons she couldn’t define gave Luneth the creeps. It was probably hexed, she decided.

Seeing how many people were here, Luneth was annoyed at herself for not learning more about Shadowcraft healing or curse removal. If she’d learned more at the time then she could be helping people here, instead of just bringing more work for Triad. But as it was she only knew the basics.

Heading towards the entrance she saw a familiar looking Rapidash with a very ill looking man sprawled across its back, before recognising the trainer next to it as Avery Miller.
    So Avery’s an operative this time too? Ordinarily she would have approached and helped them, but at the moment she had a body of her own to carry. She settled for a quick wave in their direction, before focusing again on balancing the unconscious man.

Roseli ducked slightly at the doorway, trying not to take up too much space as they entered Section B. Someone else could have probably taken over at this point, but Luneth didn’t trust anyone else with Circuit’s pokeball, insisting on carrying the victims through herself. (Or more precisely Roseli carrying them.)

As she entered the building, Luneth saw three people up ahead. At first she thought they were Triad, but on a second look one of the was clearly not a doctor. The other two fit the bill at least. They looked vaguely familiar, but Luneth was too worried to think about it at the moment.

“Don’t touch the mask, it’s still active.” She said quickly, before explaining the situation, about how the man had staggered out like he was being attacked by some unseen spirits, (as opposed to the very seeable spirits attacking everyone.)
    “When my Silvally touched the mask, it affected him too.He went crazy attacking the air. I think he should have calmed down by now, but even so, I’m not sure if it’s safe to let him out in here.” Luneth held up Circuit’s pokeball.
    “But the curse removal should work the same for pokemon as people right?”

9. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Jimmy Kendo
    Memorial Hill
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Desolate Divine

Cassandra had responded to Jimmy and telling him to be careful, watch his step, and as he knew. Not to touch anything nearby. Whatever this curse or hex may be. It's something she had to disarm. With all the crazy sightings and events that have happened so far. He knew there was reason to be cautious.

"Right." Jimmy confirmed as she went to work. Jon was over on the phone. Meanwhile Jimmy made sure to scout there area. Especially so while Jon everyone seemed busy.

Quietly, Jimmy talked to Jirachi.

So Jirachi? See anything? Anything out of the ordinary at all?"

"Other than the weird things we've already seen happening, no. People falling unconscious to the ground, some looking almost like zombies, others becoming Pokémon. It's not good, Jimmy. You all look safe right now. I can't sense any immediate danger close by, but it doesn't mean it won't show up. It's getting harder and harder to tell the good from the bad as some people are even getting possessed." Jirachi told Jimmy.

"Well look after us okay. Be ready to jump in if we all need a quick getaway. Until then, remember to stay hidden. Can't let the enemies know we have you, a Jirachi with us."

As Jimmy finished his conversation with Jirachi. Jon seemed to be finishing with his conversation on the phone.

"Jimmy Kendo, it's been awhile..." Jon said as he looked over to Jimmy.

"Yeah. Four years since we last saw each other huh? Four years is a long time to advance and of course train. Especially that trouble maker you once knew. I already know it was probably on your mind. Lot has happened it seems. Don't worry I've already been queued in on the whole situation. Like you, I've been working here since this whole operation started as well. Everything here just seems to be going from bad to worse. Saw you guys were nearby and I had a few moments."

Cassandra has still been busy working on the hex found. Jimmy looked over as she began speaking to the others.

“It’s like two curses in one,” Cassandra explained to the others. “Whoever left this here managed to figure out how to weave a Zekve and a Koxein curse together. Had you touched that, you’d be one really sick and queasy Shroomish and whoever left this here and hexed you would get to see through your own eyes and watch everything you were doing without you even knowing.”

Not long after she replied back. “And poof, it’s gone,” Cassandra replied, smiled she learned something out of that. “Whatever they’re doing, they’re getting clever about it. Which… gives me a theory about this whole thing.” She looked back to everyone else as she began to theorize on what is happening here with Agetha and her followers. Then an idea of what they could do to try and reverse what she just found on Agetha to be used against her.

"Yeah catching a living breathing witch like that can be pretty dangerous. A few years ago after learning about this stuff myself I had this pendant I wear infused with extra protection. It won't fully protect me from anything, but it can help sense or ward certain cases off. Not like I'm immune to any of this, but it's a sort of....danger sense if you wanna call it that."

Jimmy's phone buzzes. Updates on cases continuing to pile up. Requests for assistance coming up more frequently.

Jimmy let out a sigh. "Never a moment dull moment to rest recently it seems."

Alisaie Kendo
    Section B, Heahea Urgent Care Center
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Shruikan

"Alisaie. Wish the circumstances were better here." Alisaie smiled as she glanced to her Pokémon in the corner.

She thought to herself. "Remember the cue guys. It's now or never. Let's hope they have enough.".

“You’re in Section B right now. Did you have some kind of ailment you need resolved?”

"Unfortunately so. A friend of mine had their Pokémon suffer from a serious injury among all of this chaos going on. It's in a bad shape, but we've got it mostly under control. We just need a revival herb if there's any left to spare. Would any of you happen to have any we could use? I don't have enough time to wait out there in hopes of getting one." She requested of Sonia.

Suddenly someone else had came in the room.

“Don’t touch the mask, it’s still active.” She said quickly, before explaining the situation, about how the man had staggered out like he was being attacked by some unseen spirits, (as opposed to the very seeable spirits attacking everyone.)
    “When my Silvally touched the mask, it affected him too.He went crazy attacking the air. I think he should have calmed down by now, but even so, I’m not sure if it’s safe to let him out in here.” Luneth held up Circuit’s pokeball.
    “But the curse removal should work the same for pokemon as people right?”

Alisaie suddenly realized what part of the hospital she had wondered into.

"Great, no wonder it wasn't as active as the rest of the hospital..." she glanced around. She stuck close by, but stayed out of the way.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller & Abital Ecke
    Urgent Healthcare Center
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Chakramaster @Shruikan

Avery went on alert as they heard a motorcycle speeding their way. Signaling Gloria and Meir into attacking positions, they waited patiently in case of an ambush. Fortunately, it seemed whoever was on the motorcycle wasn't concerned with them, as the two riders sped on by without hesitation. While it would have been nice to receive some help, Avery understood why they wouldn't stop. It was hard to know who you could trust in this environment these days. "Eth," Avery grimaced a little. They were making it sound like it had been months, not days.

Avery saw several others converging on the urgent care center so it wasn't hard to locate the building. Seems on top of being a human hospital it was also a hex hospital too. Great, that's exactly what Abital needed. Avery moved Abital off Daybreak and onto their shoulders before returning both Gloria and Daybreak to the Pokeballs. With Meir's assistance, they carried Abital inside the hospital and called out to one of the nearby nurses. "Hi, yes my husband needs help. He was afflicted by a hex and-"

"Head to section B. That's the witchcraft ward," the nurse quickly interjected, pointing in the general direction.

"Thank you," Avery said. Abital let out a soft groan before tapping Avery and trying to sign something. "Don't worry about me right now, honey, let's get you treated first. Your fever is getting worse by the second."

Avery and Meir carried Abital to Section B, filling in after a girl and her Scolipede. Seems they had brought in someone too who arguably was also not doing very well. They thought the female trainer looked vaguely familiar but Avery couldn't put their finger on it. The same could be said for two of the doctors currently in scrubs, but Avery couldn't dwell on it much for the moment. They hated to seem rude by cutting in but Abital needed assistance too.

"When you have a moment as well, doctors," Avery said, "My husband was afflicted with what I believe was fever hex a few days ago. I've done my best to treat it until we could make it here but his fever won't break. Any sort of treatment, especially removing the hex, would be appreciated whenever you have a moment."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Cassandra Silvers (AKA Naomi Hart)
    Memorial Hill
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine @Chakramaster

Cassandra had overheard some of the phone conversation between Jon and Steven, and she nodded at almost everything she heard from Jon’s side of the call. It caused her to reflect on the whole reason why she and Jarena and Violet were here in the first place. It wasn’t for the League’s sake, it was to prevent calamities and save innocent people from being afflicted with what they knew would be serious witchcraft. But like Jon, Cassandra and the rest of Triad absolutely couldn’t afford to let their secrets be leaked. She was almost certain Agatha and her witches would immediately prioritize them as targets and Cassandra didn’t want to know what that was going to entail, but she could imagine a fate worse than death might not be such a wild guess after all.

After she had gotten the message from Jon, she quickly replied with an “acknowledged” response.

With regards to Cassandra’s proposal to try capturing one of the witches, Jimmy had offered to help, explaining that his Jirachi-crafted pendant would offer some protection, but it wouldn’t make him immune.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t ask you to go charging in there after one of them,” Cassandra smiled to him. “If anything, it would be us ambushing them and hopefully with a little luck, they’ll never even see us coming. But, before we can do that, we need an idea of where we’d keep this captive of ours contained and make sure they’re harmless behind bars. When it comes to witches, I don’t think there are too many options, but it’s something I’ll need to look into.”

And that was when Jimmy’s phone started to buzz, and shortly after, the phone that Cassandra had been given stirred to life with a new message as well.

“Sasha here. We need you here, got more cases. They’re coming in heavy again.”

“Never a dull moment to recent recently it seems,” Jimmy sighed.

“Yeah, we’d better get back to urgent care,” Cassandra agreed after she told Violet she would get back as soon as she could.

After pocketing her phone, she then looked up at Jon.

“We’re needed back at urgent care again,” Cassandra shrugged, having no idea what to expect there once she got back. “If you plan on staying here, I’ll hitch a ride back with Jimmy.”

Jarena Farrell (AKA Sonia Fairchild) and Violet Radcliffe (AKA Sasha Winters)
    Section B, Heahea City Urgent Care Center, Heahea City
    Affected RPers: @Chakramaster @Noblejanobii @HorusMyDude @Shruikan

Jarena and Violet quickly found themselves overwhelmed as a new batch of patients came in. It started with that girl that had slipped through the entrance, followed by someone in a huge Lickilicky costume, which Jarena wondered if that was part of the curse or if the person wearing it just hadn’t taken it off yet.

Curse or not, she felt the sooner they took it off, the happier everyone might be…

“Unfortunately so,” Alisaie introduced herself. “A friend of mine had their Pokémon suffer from a serious injury among all of this chaos going on. It's in a bad shape, but we've got it mostly under control. We just need a revival herb if there's any left to spare. Would any of you happen to have any we could use? I don't have enough time to wait out there in hopes of getting one.”

“Huh, that’s weird,” Jarena replied, thinking that over. “The Heahea City PokéMart and the Pokémon Center didn’t have anything for that? I mean, most of the medicine and medications here are for humans. You’d probably get better treatment for your friend’s Pokémon at those places.”

To Jarena, it seemed suspicious that this Alisaie would come to the urgent care center for Pokémon medicine. Then there was the fact Alisaie didn’t mention her friend’s name, didn’t mention the Pokémon that was injured, and didn’t describe the nature of the injury either. On that basis alone, she had a feeling she needed to keep the nature of the situation surrounding Section B quiet if in fact this could possibly be one of Agatha’s witches trying to discern where they were curing the hexes and curses. On top of all that, Jarena did find it odd Alisaie suddenly came from nowhere and she never noticed her walking through the door…

“Yeah, I think the Pokémon Center down the road would be better geared up to help your friend out,” Jarena told her, thinking it was better safe than sorry. “I don’t think we have any herbs like that, either. If your friend’s Pokémon is suffering from blood loss, I could give you some bandages and some coagulants in the meantime.”

Shortly after, she had been approached by Luneth. Jarena hadn’t recognized her from the incident four years ago, but Luneth was quick to jump right to the situation.

“Don’t touch the mask, it’s still active,” Luneth quickly explained without even introducing herself. “When my Silvally touched the mask, it affected him, too. He went crazy attacking the air. I think he should have calmed down by now, but even so, I’m not sure if it’s safe to let him out in here. But the curse removal should work the same for pokemon as people right?”

“Yep,” Jarena smiled with a nod, having an idea of what kind of curse that might have involved. “I just need a minute or two with the guy and I’ll see what’s out of place and hopefully flush it out without a hitch. As for that mask, just trash it. Wrap it in a plastic bag and toss it out like it’s poop.”

While Violet was helping some of the other new patients that were filing in with all kinds of varying issues and Sami was tracking the patient names, issues, and case severities, Jarena sighed, really hoping Cassandra would get back soon. They were quickly getting overwhelmed and it already felt as if even just the three of them working together was a pretty severe state of being understaffed, let alone just two of them.

“When you have a moment as well, doctors,” Avery told Jarena. “My husband was afflicted with what I believe was fever hex a few days ago. I've done my best to treat it until we could make it here but his fever won't break. Any sort of treatment, especially removing the hex, would be appreciated whenever you have a moment.”

Jarena hadn’t recognized Avery from the incident four years ago. But with how busy things were getting, every patient’s face and their loved ones and friends were becoming a blur to her.

“I’ll try to get to you as soon as I can,” Jarena told Avery, hoping to offer some reassurance. “Tell your husband to just hang tight, we have some cold water over there by the cooler while you wait. It shouldn’t be too long.”

Meanwhile, Jarena was just hoping it wouldn’t be too long…

Jarena didn’t want to admit that a hex-induced fever wasn’t quite as severe as some of the other cases coming in, unless the victim had passed out and had fallen unconscious or it started turning into something grizzly and supernatural. She knew it was likely the cause of his body trying to overwork itself fighting this foreign presence, which could be any number of things that she needed to look into first upon closer examination. But cases where victims had entire appendages trans-mutated or were suffering from severe mental hallucinations and trauma like Luneth’s Silvally… those were higher on the severity scale.

“Any time you’re ready,” Jarena told Luneth, ready to examine her Silvally to see what was going on.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jon Drake, Dylan Squier, Abbee Strauss
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga @Chakramaster

As Jon said the trainers name, Dylan and Abbee both recognized it from the briefing he gave the pair of them before they joined his squad...

"Remember during your first summer here, when I talked about the responsibility of being a trainer?" Jon asked the pair.

"Vaguely." Abbee said, "That was three years ago, and a lot happened since..."

"Yeah, you talked about how the more powerful a Pokemon is the more the trainer needs to be responsible in their training and behavior." Dylan explained, Abbee shocked he remembered that after all these years.

"You also remember the story I told you, about the trainer with Jirachi the Wishmaker, that was allowing it to be out of its Pokeball from day one, when it's trainer had no way of knowing it was safe to be around people, and how within two days it had used it's abilities to affect people without it's trainers orders or their consent, one of the people nearly being Alyssa..."

Abbee knew where Jon was going with this. It was the end of that summer at the Eon Academy where she met and bonded with Victini who had been her partner since, a year after he parted ways with his previous partner, Cassandra Silvers. Victini had filled her in on the circumstances surrounding that story.

"That trainer was a league operative I worked with on the S.S. Wishmaker called Jimmy Kendo. The reason I tell you this is because I saw his name on the operative list for this mission. Unless something changes between now and then, or he requests a transfer, he hasn't been placed in my squad so you probably won't be working with him directly, but may meet him." Jon explained, "Last time I saw him, I made it clear he needed to get his act together as Jirachi's trainer, and that I would be willing to help how I can but he needs to put in the work. I never did hear from him after that, and neither him or Jirachi have been detained so that's slightly comforting that Jirachi may be better trained. But I am telling you this, so you know to be careful around him, since Jirachi is usually not far away, and until we see with our own eyes that Jirachi is safe, it is to be considered dangerous..."

Jimmy then began referring to a lot happening in he last four years with a little troublemaker, however Jon's somewhat cold expression didn't shift, as Jimmy explained being informed of the situation.

"Well consider this your chance to show Jirachi's progress. Actions speak louder than words in situations like this." Jon said as Cassandra informed him of the need to get back.

"I have a few things I want to discuss on the way, so I will take you back in." Jon said, handing Cassandra one of the helmets, qiickly flicking the switch, powering the Bluetooth microphone and speaker so they could still talk whilst riding back, as he turned to Jimmy.

"I command Eon Squad who made this discovery and one of the rules we have is that intel doesn't leave the squad unless it's via me. The league don't have a good history of containing leaks." Jon explained, "I have ideas on how to respond to this, but they only work if we keep this information on a need to know basis, so I need you to not tell a soul about what you heard here today. I will let your COs know, but want this kept secret for now..."

"I'll see you around, Cuddles." Jon said, before putting on his own helmet and starting the bike. Before he climbed on Dylan walked over, his voice difficult to hear over the sound of the engine.

"Are you going to look into the name?" Dylan asked.

"At some point but I agree, it's probably a red herring, if anything, so I will be dealing with other things first." Jon explained.

"Then can I be reassigned?" Dylan asked, "I think there is more to this than we are giving credit for, and want to make sure it isn't something big before too much time has passed."

Jon thought over Dylan's request for a second.

"Fine, both you and Abbee are reassigned." Jon said, "But I don't want you getting too close. If this woman you saw is Brianna Levine and you get too close it could tip her off since she saw you here. Abbee hasn't been seen in her human form so she is probsbly best to be in the field for this. Let me know if you need anything. CCTV access or anything."

Dylan nodded as Jon climbed on to the bike. Once Cassandra was ready, they departed heading back to the hospital.

Jon Drake
    En Route to hospital
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

As they rode back, Jon spoke o Cassandra via the Bluetooth helmets.

"The people who you have treated so far, if the hexes they were affected by were hybrids like this one, where they are now eyes for the targets, would your treatment have cleared that too? Or is it likely that it could have slipped by if you didn't know to look for it?" Jon asked, "If we can't say for sure that they are not compromised, I will need a list of names of all the people you three have treated..."

"I have the beginnings of an idea... But it means not treating these people for this hidden hex." Jon explained, "I think we are pretty safe in saying our targets don't know that we are aware of them being able to spy on us, and if we treat them, that gives away that we do. I will talk to Steven and Cynthia, but I think that we leave this connection as is, give them false information, and use it to lay a trap for whoever is on the other end, or maybe even see if you three can figure out a way to tap into it, and see what comes out the other end..."

"If we go ahead with this I will make sure they are all transferred into roles that are safe for prying eyes to see." Jon said as they rode into Heahea City, "But what do you think?"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:06 AM.

14. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Luneth Tarot
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga, @Chakramaster @Noblejanobii @HorusMyDude maybe?

A few more people came in, including Avery, but Luneth was still too distracted to pay much attention. The cursed guy was carried off to be treated, and at the doctor’s ready, Luneth released Circuit. Though he wasn’t carrying anyone anymore, Luneth kept Roseli out anyway, in case it was necessary to subdue Circuit. Luckily the Silvally wasn’t thrashing around this time, instead moments after being released, Circuit quickly collapsed to the floor, head propped up at an awkward angle by his helmet. Luneth wanted to remove it, but wasn’t sure how the curse spread, and didn’t want to get herself hit by it too.

Luckily the doctor seemed to be familiar with this curse, and how to remove it. As they worked, Luneth studied the her, at first trying to pick up on how the spells worked, but she quickly got distracted by her voice. Something about her sounded really familiar. And now that Luneth was paying attention, with what she could see of her face, and with the magic too… Something clicked in the back of her mind. Jarena?

Looking again, it was almost definitely Jarena Farrell. And the other doctor with her, treating the other patients, she looked very much like Violet Radcliffe.
    Luneth opened her mouth, only to catch herself before saying anything. The Diamond Ladies were presumed dead, so they probably wouldn’t appreciate their cover being blown. The others in the room might not know who they were after all, so she tried to rein back her excitement. But she felt so relieved. She’d never really believed they were dead, but having confirmation that had indeed survived the fire was still wonderful.

She watched anxiously as Jarena? finished the curse removal. Circuit would most definitely need a rest at the pokemon center before going back into action. Which reminded her, she needed to go check on the mask store from earlier.
    “Thank you so much!” She said to Jarena, trying not to grin. “And if there’s anything I can help with here, let me know."