Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller & Abital Ecke
    Section B, Heahea City Urgent Care Center, Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Chakramaster @Shruikan
    (Jarena bunnied with permission)

“I’ll try to get to you as soon as I can,” Jarena told Avery, hoping to offer some reassurance. “Tell your husband to just hang tight, we have some cold water over there by the cooler while you wait. It shouldn’t be too long.”

"Of course, I understand. Please handle the more severe cases first," Avery responded before heading over to a nearby bench and setting Abital down. They were well aware that a high fever probably didn't really compare to the folks who were coming in foaming at the mouth or with extra limbs. Avery could agree that those definitely seemed like cases that warranted a higher priority. They just hoped the doctors wouldn't wait too long, since a fever, especially one that had already lasted several days, wasn't any laughing matter either. If Abital's body temperature got too high, he could start to have seizures and possibly even brain damage, though in the latter case Abital would have to reach a temperature of 108 degrees Fahrenheit, which wasn't something any normal fever reached without outside influence. But, then again, with wasn't a normal fever either.

Avery walked over to the water cooler and fetched a bottle of cold water. Helping Abital sit up, Avery made sure he drank a little water before letting him lie back down to rest. They poured a bit of water on an available wash cloth and set it down on Abital's head, hoping it would help to lower the fever's temperature some. Meir sat down on the floor in front of the two, watching his partner with concern. "Rai rai?" (Will he be alright?) Meir asked.

"I think so," Avery answered quietly, "The cold water will help him hold on for a bit longer. Plus the doctor said she'd get to us soon so you don't need to worry." Avery reached out and scratched Meir behind one of his ears. "You've been a huge help these last few days. We should get you to a Pokemon center if we can. You deserve to get treated too with all the damage you've sustained from the fights against the ghost types."

"Rai rai. Raichu!" (I suppose that's true. I just want to protect Abital!)

Avery chuckled. "I can understand. I feel the same. But for now we've done all we can do, so now we simply have to wait."

Avery watched as Jarena and Violet set to work on the other patients, removing hexes and helping treat some of the more severe symptoms that the many patients in the ward faced. Eventually, Jarena did make her way over to Abital as promised, dispelling the hex rather easily. Abital visibly relaxed as the fever broke once the hex was removed. Still a bit out of it, Abital weakly signed "Thank you" to Jarena.

"He says 'thank you'," Avery quickly translated, in case Jarena didn't know sign language. "And thank you from me as well. I really appreciate all you're doing here to help people."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Cassandra Silvers (AKA Naomi Hart)
    Memorial Hill
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine @Chakramaster

To Cassandra, it was strange to her how four years ago sometimes felt like a lifetime, and other times, like it was only yesterday. After Jon handed her the spare motorcycle helmet he had, he mentioned he had his own personal team, Eon Squad, while the Diamond Ladies now had Triad as theirs. And at the same time, she could see these two individual teams existed for similar reasons and had numerous similarities.

Eon Squad and Triad were both willing to help and support the League’s intentions to help the people and Pokémon of Akala. But neither of these two teams trusted the League, especially since both teams had sensitive information neither of them could afford to have out in the open and they had seen what had happened to trust the first time during the S.S. Wishmaker incident.

“Hell, I feel every bit of that,” Cassandra nodded in agreement, sighing that this had to be the way of things. “For the same reasons, it’s why the Diamond Ladies still need to be ‘dead’ to both Agatha’s posse and to the general pubic. And as far as the League is concerned, we were never here. And I’m not doing this for them, either. I’m doing it because I knew innocent people who want nothing to do with Shadowcraft were about to get hit with an ungodly plethora of hexes and curses because a certain old hag suddenly had to go on a power trip. Normally I’m not one to snitch, but she would have turned this whole place into monster island in less than a day and everyone here would be stuck as abominations for life.”

She then put on her helmet, ready to head back into town while hoping things hadn’t gotten too busy at urgent care without her.

“I’ll see you around, Cuddles,” Jon said to Jimmy, calling him by his Pachirisu nickname.

“Later, Jimmy,” Cassandra casually saluted him. “See you back at the clinic.”

Shortly after, Jon had a conversation with Dylan and Abbee, reassigning them to look into “Brianna Levine.” While Dylan and Abbee felt the name was a strong lead into the investigation, Jon felt it was more of a red herring, and Cassandra was more inclined to agree with Jon on that front. To Cassandra, if Brianna Levine really was the name of the witch that left the curse there, it seemed incredibly stupid and reckless to leave her real name at the scene of the crime. And considering the complex nature of the curse, Cassandra was inclined to believe this witch wasn’t dumb and would do something like that. Still, if Dylan and Abbee wanted to pursue it, Cassandra wasn’t going to tell them otherwise, but she could foresee it being a dead end, foreseeing “Brianna Levine” being a false name or someone totally unrelated to the incident that this witch wanted to frame.

After both Jon and Cassandra got back on the motorcycle, they headed back to the urgent care center.

Cassandra Silvers (AKA Naomi Hart)
    En Route to Heahea City Urgent Care Center
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine

As Jon drove through the dirt paths, he spoke to Cassandra through the Bluetooth speaker embedded in the helmet.

"The people who you have treated so far,” Jon asked as he drove the bike, “if the hexes they were affected by were hybrids like this one, where they are now eyes for the targets, would your treatment have cleared that too? Or is it likely that it could have slipped by if you didn't know to look for it? If we can't say for sure that they are not compromised, I will need a list of names of all the people you three have treated..."

“Sami’s been keeping records on everyone that’s been treated at urgent care, though the three of us make sure everything’s purged out before they leave,” Cassandra informed him as the motorcycle traveled down the dirt road. “Shadowcraft leaves traces when it affects a victim. Kind of like gunshot residue when firing a gun. And like GSR, it’s invisible to the naked eye, but can be seen through special means if you know how to look. Really only a trained witch can sense it, while to ordinary people, the affliction looks ‘natural.’ But yeah, we don’t let anyone go unless they’ve been fully cleaned, and sometimes it means they have to stay overnight if it’s a particularly tricky curse and we have to do some homework on the damn thing.”

“I have the beginnings of an idea…” Jon stated, thinking out loud as the motorcycle made its way through a path slightly overgrown with grass and weeds. “But it means not treating these people for this hidden hex. I think we are pretty safe in saying our targets don’t know that we are aware of them being able to spy on us, and if we drive them, that gives away that we do.”

Cassandra couldn’t help but sigh at that, feeling a little anxious. In fact, she was already getting a bad feeling Agatha’s Shadowcraft Society was aware someone was treating afflictions by now and there was a “traitor” in their midst. In fact, Cassandra was already mentally preparing a contingency plan in case the urgent care center was attacked, or someone in Triad was hexed themselves. With how busy they were, it was all too easy to overlook something critical and become distracted.

“I will talk to Steven and Cynthia,” Jon continued, “but I think that we leave this connection as is, give them false information, and use it to lay a trap for whoever is on the other end, or maybe even see if you three can figure out a way to tap into it, and see what comes out the other end. If we go ahead with this I will make sure they are all transferred into roles that are safe for prying eyes to see. But what do you think?”

Once they had arrived back at the urgent care center, Cassandra got off the bike and handed the helmet back to Jon. She found it a bit easier to speak once the helmet was off.

“It’s risky as hell, but it could work,” Cassandra replied, still feeling the only way they were going to be able to turn the tables on Agatha was by taking a few chances. “I’ll let you know if and when we have a ‘candidate’ that got afflicted with a Koxein curse, or at least something similar to that. I’ll clean off everything else so they don’t feel a thing otherwise and you can keep watch on them after that, but by then, it will definitely confirm to Agatha’s posse that we have a witchcraft hospital if they don’t know already. And I wouldn’t put it past them to try attacking our urgent care center as a kind of hazing ritual for her initiates. If that happens, I may need your help in both being a pain in the ass to whoever is attacking us, and to relocate the hospital if we find ourselves unable to defend it. If we need to move, I think the infirmary on the S.S. Wishmaker is a start and would be safer and more secure, but it’s small, it’s more of a trip for patients to reach, and we’d need to expand it at the rate things have been going. But again, that’s if we get attacked and it’s too much to deal with.”

Cassandra still felt it wouldn’t be Agatha’s true intention to completely dismantle the witchcraft hospital, but she felt Agatha might see value in making it a distraction and attempting to learn more about what Triad was up to and who it consisted of.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m not afraid of these hexes and curses,” she told Jon bluntly. “Agatha and her band of geeks and freaks could turn me into a monstrously obese Skuntank with a Lilligant flower on my ass, I couldn’t care less and we’ll find a way to gut it and wipe it off. And I know everyone else in Triad feels the same way. It’s the rest of these people that are freaking out from supernatural crap they’ve never seen and felt before that I’m more concerned about. When people panic, they do stupid things, people get hurt, and people start impulsively talking too much to save their own hide while others get thrown under the bus.”

There were two things she absolutely didn’t want to see happen. One, she didn’t want her secrets getting out. She had already seen what that could do when “Karma” leaked her darkest secrets to the media and what the consequences of that were. But for now, that had become buried, thankfully, but she couldn’t let it come back to haunt her, Jarena, and Violet once again.

The other thing she couldn’t afford… letting one of them get captured. She was confident they could deal with these issues and eventually find a solution in time through reading and practicing more advanced witchcraft, but the minute it became a sensitive hostage situation… she knew it would definitely be serious trouble.

“Thanks for the ride,” she smiled, at least thankful there wasn’t a line a mile long outside of the urgent care center. “If you need me, you know where to find me. And I’ll tell Sami to send you her latest report. She may not quite understand everything that’s going on, but she’s been keeping pretty detailed notes while we fill in the blanks with the exact spells we think were responsible. I’d say a good 70% of them we’ve tacked down. But there’s still some weird and grizzly ones that escape us every now and then.”

She then headed back to the urgent care center, hoping things hadn’t gotten too intense while she was gone.

Jarena Farrell (AKA Sonia Fairchild) and Violet Radcliffe (AKA Sasha Winters)
    Affected RPers: @Chakramaster @Noblejanobii @HorusMyDude @Shruikan

Thankfully to Jarena, Luneth’s Silvally wasn’t a difficult case. After running a diagnostic check with an Insight spell to see what exactly was the issue, it made sense to her that the Pokémon had been afflicted with a Naxarus Hex, one that makes the victim perceive horrid hallucinations and be unable to separate what was real from what was just nightmarish illusions only visible to them.

Such a hex could be purged with something that the Ladies had learned over time while in Starglade. Normally, the body’s immune system didn’t know how to flush out these kinds of witchcraft afflictions, but the Ladies found it could be done the way they used to dispel their own hexes when they didn’t need something booby-trapped anymore, via an Annul spell. This would first remove the hex-inducing effect so it wouldn’t trigger again. The next step was to restore the victim to their natural state in a similar way to using a sample of their original DNA and then remove the hex with the well-known Affliction Reversal Spell. If the affliction was minor, they could do it without the nugget. If their entire body was transformed, chances were good they would need one to fuel the spell. And if the affliction was extremely severe and no trace of the victim’s DNA remained, they needed to upgrade it to Nox Purge spell, which actually required them to delve into the victim’s soul, discern their true form and nature, and then carry that into the spell that would ultimately return them to their natural state. Usually, however, this required all three Ladies working together to pull it off. And thankfully, it only happened twice so far.

“All set,” Jarena smiled to Luneth, giving the Silvally a friendly and comforting pat on the side. “He just seems some rest and relaxation now. I think a good night’s sleep should do the trick.”

“Thank you so much!” Luneth thanked her. “And if there’s anything I can help with here, let me know.”

“If you find a great coffee place, let me know!” Jarena laughed, assuming Luneth didn’t know anything about Shadowcraft. “Ah, no worries, it’s crazy witchy stuff we’re dealing with here and it can get weird at times. Just let us know if you need help again.”

With that resolved, Jarena knew she had other patients to attend to. As Violet was treating some of the other patients, Jarena headed over to Abital, who was still under the heat of the fever.

“Hey there, thanks for waiting!” Jarena smiled to Avery and Abital, kneeling besides Abital. “Just relax, I got this covered.”

Abital’s feverish hex wasn’t something too complicated as she figured it was likely the result of a novice witch using a Nexrul hex. Jarena had already dispelled two such hexes before already, and they were quick and easy to remove with just an Annul spell, but if left untreated, they could last months and really wear the body down. Jarena knew he would still be tired and it would take about an hour for the fever to die down once his immune system realized the foreign witchcraft contagion was not even there anymore and it could stand down.

“There,” Jarena smiled, feeling that was a breeze compared to some of the other things she’s dealt with. “You should start feeling better in about an hour, but keep drinking some nice cold water to cool down and a nap might help, too.”

He had given her a hand signal, which Jarena didn’t quite recognize, but then Avery explained it for her.

“He says ‘thank you,’” Avery translated for Jarena. “And thank you from me as well. I really appreciate all you're doing here to help people.”

“Hey, my pleasure!” Jarena smiled. “Best part of this job is seeing people smile again. Stay safe out there, but if something crazy or weird happens and you need our help again, just come on back. We got you covered!”

Just then, Jarena had noticed Cassandra had returned, and she was curious to see what she had discovered out in the field with Jon. Meanwhile, Violet was wrapping up her treatment on her last patient. She was looking tired as well, but she was relieved to see the patient queue was nearly cleared up again, at least for now.

“Good to see you back, Naomi,” Jarena told Cassandra, using her cover name, as the two ladies joined up with her. “What’s the scoop?”

“I’m convinced this is just a pre-game show to something bigger,” Cassandra told the other two. “Jon’s Eon Squad buddies found a hybrid hex. A melded Zekve and Koxein. I was able to dispel it, but it could have gone really badly and I’m still not 100% sure how they really function, if it’s as one or if they’re just two separate curses woven together into the same sigil.”

“Eww,” Jarena grimaced. “Didn’t even know that could be done.”

“It can, but it has me thinking this whole thing Agatha has arranged is for either training or research,” Cassandra explained her theory. “Sami has the official log of ailments and afflictions and I’ve told her to forward a copy to Jon, but we’ve seen things on all ends of the spectrum so far from easy curses to stuff I wasn’t sure we were ever going to dispel.”

Jarena and Violet were already well aware of which ones she was referring to. There had already been four cases with victims that were so badly hexed, cursed, and transformed that they felt they needed to pull off a miracle to cure them and might have to prep them for bad news that they may have to live with their affliction.

“We’ve been lucky,” Violet replied as she thought it over. “They’re trying everything to see what we can dispel and what we can’t. We’ve nailed everything they’ve thrown at us so far, but it’s only a matter of time before they land on something we can’t cure.”

“Yeah, and watch them go nuts with it once they realize what it is,” Jarena frowned, having a bad feeling about that. “Time really ain’t on our side on this one. Eventually they’re going to get lucky.”

“And that’s even if they let us continued uninterrupted,” Cassandra grimaced a bit. “I foresee some kind of attack on this place any minute now. Surely by now they’ve noticed their victims flocking to this place and coming out with a clean bill of health.”

Jarena and Violet remained silent as the harsh realty had sunken in. Meanwhile, Cassandra knew if they were going to try and turn this battle around, more had to be done to push the Shadowcraft Society back and away before they got especially brazen.

They didn’t want to find out the hard way exactly what they’d have in store for that kind of discovery…

4. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Jimmy Kendo
    Memorial Hill
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Desolate Divine

“Yeah, we’d better get back to urgent care,” Cassandra reponded back after Jimmy mentions things are still looking busy.

"Well consider this your chance to show Jirachi's progress. Actions speak louder than words in situations like this." Jon mentions.

“We’re needed back at urgent care again,” Cassandra shrugged, having no idea what to expect there once she got back. “If you plan on staying here, I’ll hitch a ride back with Jimmy.”

"Oh don't worry there. Four years to train is much better than a few hours. You should already know it doesn't take a day to train a Pokemon. Especially those more unique and well..."special." Jimmy said to Jon as he shifted attention responding back to Cassandra.

"I have a few things I want to discuss on the way, so I will take you back in." Jon said, handing Cassandra one of the helmets, qiickly flicking the switch, powering the Bluetooth microphone and speaker so they could still talk whilst riding back, as he turned to Jimmy.

"I command Eon Squad who made this discovery and one of the rules we have is that intel doesn't leave the squad unless it's via me. The league don't have a good history of containing leaks." Jon explained, "I have ideas on how to respond to this, but they only work if we keep this information on a need to know basis, so I need you to not tell a soul about what you heard here today. I will let your COs know, but want this kept secret for now..."

"Yeah I've advanced in ranks I don't need to hear all the the same speeches. All my CO's right now are confidential and classified right now, sorry to say. I'm techinically not even supposed to be here, but Cynthia and Steven both reached out to me before most others were contacted and brought in here.
    Probably arrived around the same time as you. I'm sure we've just been busy. I'll tell you, I've signed one too many NDA's honestly." Jimmy says scratching his head. "Cause trust me. There's more here going on than we know already. I just got a bad feeling of some things to come. So watch yourself out there. I don't feel anyone is truly safe here."

"I'll see you around, Cuddles." Jon said, before putting on his own helmet and starting the bike. Before he climbed on Dylan walked over, his voice difficult to hear over the sound of the engine.

“Later, Jimmy,” Cassandra casually saluted him. “See you back at the clinic.”

"I've got one quick stop to make before I make it back to the clinic. It's on the way, but I shouldn't be long. Be safe everyone" Jimmy offered his best. "Keep in touch."

As they left. Jimmy took a moment to check in with the messages he was receiving. Nothing out of the ordinary stood out. So he checked with Jirachi.

"Think you can give us a lift, Jirachi?" Jimmy said as he looked up.

"Got it, Jimmy! Right to where I am right?" Jirachi said telepathically to Jimmy and his team.

"Yeah, let's meet back up first. We can discuss more once I get there." Jimmy stated.

"Alright, buckle up you guys! Not like you...have seat belts." Jirachi chuckled.

They began to glow before disappearing. Being teleported to their next location.

Alisaie Kendo
    Section B, Heahea Urgent Care Center
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii @Shruikan @HorusMyDude

“Huh, that’s weird,” Jarena replied, thinking that over. “The Heahea City PokéMart and the Pokémon Center didn’t have anything for that? I mean, most of the medicine and medications here are for humans. You’d probably get better treatment for your friend’s Pokémon at those places.”

"Unfortunately no. All the shops are totally sold out of anything necessary for major healing. Most higher end potions and medical herbs, gone." Alisaie offered in response.

“Yeah, I think the Pokémon Center down the road would be better geared up to help your friend out,” Jarena told her, thinking it was better safe than sorry. “I don’t think we have any herbs like that, either. If your friend’s Pokémon is suffering from blood loss, I could give you some bandages and some coagulants in the meantime.”

Suddenly the discussion was interrupted by another person coming in.

“Don’t touch the mask, it’s still active,” Luneth quickly explained without even introducing herself. “When my Silvally touched the mask, it affected him, too. He went crazy attacking the air. I think he should have calmed down by now, but even so, I’m not sure if it’s safe to let him out in here. But the curse removal should work the same for Pokemon as people right?”

Suddenly the room was bustling with activity. Giving Alisaie the hint to give the signalfor them Pokemon she had ready to hide and move out from the room. Leaving her alone for the time being.

After some time she gave a sigh. Looking to the group as the other lady she saw from earlier had come back.

She mutter's to herself, "well this was a big waste of time.". Speaking out loud again. "Thanks for your time. Sorry to have bothered you. If you need any extra help, be sure to reach out to me!" She says as she places her card on a nearby table. Giving them her contact info before making her exit. Outside the doors Hoopa had wait hidden to give her and himself a quick escape outside to where her other team members were.

"Well sorry guys that was a bust." sighing she rest against the wall as she looked out wondering what her next step would be.

"Ugh, why did I have to take this stupid vacation when I did. I knew it would be nothing, but trouble."

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Ozona Reverie
    Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: N/A ((But I'll get to that))

Still walking around the city rather quietly, if not aimlessly, Ozona was just looking for something to do now. Sure, there was literal curses and hexes in the air, but that apparently wasn't enough to quell her satisfaction. The best she could do at the moment was just strolling around, giving Oreo an occasional scritch on her chin every now and again. But in all honesty, Ozona was very curious about what a hex would do to one of her Pokemon, but also concerned at the same time.

((Could we find a way that Ozona could slip into interactions with everybody else? Like, I'm just thinking Oreo or any other member of her team gets affected by a hex / curse, but whatever works best is fine too.))

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jon Drake
    Heahea City
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga @SlickSlack

"No stress." Jon said as Cassandra got off the bike, "Keep me posted if anything comes up, and if you think this place is compromised, let me know and I will see about getting you transferred somewhere well equipped that is a bit safer."

Once Cassandra entered the building, Jon found his stomach grumbling. It was 2:30pm and he still hadn't eaten lunch. Putting the bike into gear, he took off, trying to find somewhere to get a meal, eventually finding a trailer selling kebabs, stopping the bike there. He ordered some food, before finding a seat on a bench nearby, digging into his late lunch.

As he did, he noticed a trainer walk past that seemed familiar, though he struggled to think of where. He hadn't battled her before, but had seen her battle. Suddenly it clicked.

"Hey, were you the one who battled Ethan Caldwell in the quarter-finals of the first High Seas Tournament?" Jon asked, "I battled him the round after..."

Dylan Squier and Abbee Strauss
    Departing Memorial Hill -> Eon Squad Villa
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

After Jon, Cassandra and Jimmy left, Dylan called out his Flygon, which carried him back to where they were staying in the villa they had rented on the outskirts of Heahea City, as Abbee flew alongside him. When they arrived, Dylan opened the door to Abbee's room, as her current form lacked the thumbs to grip and turn the handle, as she made her way in, emerging a few minutes later in her human form, wearing some loose fitting, comfortable clothes.

"Feather." Dylan said, gesturing to her hair, which had a Decidueye feather sticking out, before she quickly removed it from her jet black hair.

"So what's the go now?" Abbee asked, "You said Jon reassigned us?"

"I asked him to." Dylan explained, "Cassandra reckons that there isn't much point in following up the name, and Jon reckons it may be a red herring, trying to throw us off, but I figure there are enough of us trying to find these curses before people get hurt, that there isn't much harm in making sure they are right. If this is a fake name, or someone else, with the information we have access to, it shouldn't be too hard to find out one way or another."

"So what next?" Abbee asked.

"I'm going to make up a list of intel I want Jon to source for us." Dylan explained, "I'm currently thinking the guestlists of all the hotels in Heahea, but I doubt it will be that easy..."

Abbee thought for a moment, humming to herself.

"I wish I had have thought of this a half hour ago..." Abbee said, "All these curses require ingredient right? I know the spell to turn me into Decidueye needs a few things, including a DNA sample, and the spell to turn me back needs water, my DNA and a nugget..."

"You think if we knew the ingredients we could track her down?" Dylan asked.

"It would narrow it down if nothing else..." Abbee said, "Think about it, it is a hybrid spell. Two spells in one. Chances are she needed reagants for both, and maybe more to bond them. If there is anything uncommon there, we can at least narrow it down, and pair that with CCTV footage, and we may be able to get a shortlist to work through..."

Abbee pulled out her phone, sending Cassandra a message, opening with her handle.

"Naomi, it's the Murkrow. We are chasing up our friend who left the gift for us back there, and figure if we knew what was used to leave it, if you catch my drift, we can narrow down who it is. Any idea what sort of items would have been required to put that together? Preferably anything less than common, that we won't find at a corner store? Also, say hi to our mutual friend for me, and let him know I miss him."

Victini had been by Abbee's side since the first summer of Eon Academy, the two meeting and bonding there. When Cassandra needed help, Abbee gave Victini her blessing to work alongside her, however she did miss having him around...

"Now we wait..."
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Ozona Reverie
    Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: @Desolate Divine

Upon having somebody notice her, Ozona walked over while Oreo perked up significantly. Slightly brushing some of her electric blue hair away from her eyes, Ozona began to talk. "Huh? Oh, yeah, that was me. Even though I lost, heheh...and if you were gonna ask about my name, it was Ozona. And my partner here is Oreo." She explained, lightly scratching her Cinccino behind its left ear, causing it to basically purr in contentment. At the same time, Ozona really wished she could have won that quarter-finals battle, but it was certainly better then nothing now she thought about it.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Triad / The Diamond Ladies
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine @Noblejanobii @HorusMyDude @Shruikan @Chakramaster

With a break in the incoming patients, Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet decided to have a late lunch, mainly consisting of salads. For Cassandra, it was a quick and easy meal and it was easy on the stomach as when it came to dietary habits, she was still in a bit of a transition from switching from the diet of an Eevee to the diet of a human. Meals like this, along with fruits and vegetables, were a good and easy way to meet midway. Things like burgers, fries, and pizza were not something she felt ready to take on quite yet…

After finishing her lunch and after getting Abbee’s message, Cassandra tried to think about what went into Zekve and Koxein curses. They weren’t complicated and the reagents weren’t too far out there, but it did require her to look up the contents in the Xethen and Zeketh tomes, which Cassandra was very thankful the League had at least retained and not destroyed.

Had they burned these books like she originally feared they would do, it would have made things a lot more difficult for her…

As she found out, Zekve curses, intended to perform clairvoyance on the victim’s mind and see what their eyes were seeing, required the burnt ashes of a lily flower and a pinch of stardust. They were relatively easy to obtain, but they required someone to intentionally go out of their way to obtain them and likely weren’t things they had just laying around on their spice rack. As for Koxein curses, they were similar to the Pokémon transformation hexes that Triad had used during the S.S. Wishmaker incident, but the difference was they only worked for fungus-like Pokémon and they were slightly more complicated with reagents, but they came with the bonus of making the victim extremely nauseous and dizzy. As she found the exact spell, it required a ground up sample of the Pokémon’s body, talcum powder, pumice powder, and it required the caster to draw the curse sigil with a rod or pen made of yew wood. Cassandra definitely didn’t think that curse was worth all the extra trouble when she, Jarena, and Violet simply relied on single Pokémon fur strands to get their transformation hexes done, even though it left their victims as perfectly healthy Pokémon. The tradeoff was the sickness induced by Koxein curses could last months and there really wasn’t any medicine for it, so it would leave the victim unable to speak to humans, but also unable to do anything but be sick the entire time. Meanwhile, curing a victim of both a Zekve/Koxein hybrid curse was something Cassandra knew would definitely take the three of them to cure if someone had become afflicted with this.

Cassandra had decided to take pictures of the pages two hexes were covered on and sent them to Abbee with a follow-up reply message.

“Hey Murkow, it’s Naomi.

I’m attaching the detes on the Zekve and Koxein curses, but in short:

Zekve: lily flower ashes, stardust
    Koxein: Pokémon sample (needs to be a fungus/mushroom Pokémon), talcum, pumice, yew rod (needed to draw the hex symbol)

They’re not too hard to obtain, but trying to get all of these on Akala might be hard. Whoever did that hybrid hex likely already has all these reagents with them.

As for my old friend, I’d love to say hi, but it’s gotta be brief and I can’t be seen with him by other people unless it’s a really dire life and death emergency. It’s nothing against you or him, but you know why.

Take care and let me know if you need anything else.

~Naomi”

Cassandra still had her doubts that Dylan and Abbee would find anything, but she wouldn’t deem it impossible. But in the meantime, the discussion at hand did get her wondering about spell reagents. In order for Agatha and her Shadowcraft Society followers to do all this, they would likely need a very large and varied stockpile of reagents stored somewhere. She figured it would likely need to be about 500 square feet of storage space, although that estimated amount was climbing with the more variance she found in their spells.

She began to think… if they could find where that “reagent warehouse” was and destroy it, it would severely cripple Agatha’s efforts here and they would quickly run out of materials needed to cast some of their nastier spells. It was to the point where standard Alola law enforcement could effectively shut down the entire operation and they would already see positive changes in the daylight and weather patterns. But as things were right now, even the police were afraid of what these witches could do to them and the things they could turn them into.

On top of that, if the reagent warehouse was destroyed and all stores on Akala were given the order to discontinue all sales on any materials that could be used in spells, Cassandra could see that becoming the knock-out punch they might need to turn the tables. But she knew that of list potential reagents would be very long and it would be difficult to communicate to all the store owners still operating on Akala.

It all came down to trying to figure out where they might have this warehouse.

“You’ve been kind of quiet,” Jarena told Cassandra, noticing she hadn’t spoken a word since lunch. “Everything okay?”

“Spell reagents…” Cassandra thought out loud, cluing Jarena on what she was thinking. “Considering everything we’ve dealt with, they’ve got to have a lot of them on hand. Like, a whole warehouse of them and very nicely organized.”

“Yeah, wow, didn’t even think about that,” Jarena replied with a nod. “I mean, right, if I don’t label like every darn thing and take what I want in advance and know exactly what I want to cast, it’s a heck of a mess and it’s tough to improvise. And you know me, I’m… not the most meticulous of witches… back when we were really going to town on hexes and stuff. I just stick with fun, easy stuff.”

“You said yourself it sounds like they’re doing training and experimental research,” Violet referred to Cassandra’s earlier discussion. “Combine that with the caliber of what they’re casting, the upkeep, and the sheer variance of it, they’re grounded at a permanent location and would not be able to relocate their base of operations.”

“Oooh,” Jarena smiled impishly. “I like where you’re going with this! So if it’s a permanent location, chances are good Agatha didn’t just buy this place for the occasion. So how do we find this joint?”

Cassandra wasn’t quite sure, but she knew it would likely be a place that used to be abandoned, but would now be seeing plenty of activity. Problem was, in order to really have surveillance on everything on the island, she would need access to high-level military satellite technology to authorize its use. But she knew the warehouse would absolutely have to be on Akala, and they would have needed to stockpile it very thoroughly before this attack.

“We’d better talk to Steven about this,” Cassandra told the other Ladies. “I think we’re dealing with a series of buildings here. These witches need places to sleep, eat, bathe, and if training and research is involved, they’ve got to have places for that, too. There can’t be too many forgotten about places on Akala that check all those boxes.”

And the more Cassandra thought about it, the more she felt going on the offensive rather than the defensive…

Senior Moderator

Dylan Squier and Abbee Strauss
    Villa, Heahea City
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

Cassandra quickly sent back the list of ingredients, however her response to Abbee's comment about Victini confused her. Victini was with Cassandra... Or at least he was supposed to be...

"Damn it..." Abbee muttered as Dylan looked up.

"Victini wanted to stay with Cass for this mission, and I said he could leave Mossdeep with her." Abbee explained, "Well, he isn't with her because it would draw too much attention, and she thinks he is with me..."

"Where is he then?" Dylan asked, as Abbee passed her phone to him to show the message, including the ingredients list.

"Probably trying to be some sort of superhero, sitting on a building with some gargoyles watching over her..." Abbee said, "Once he sets his mind to something he will do whatever he can to make it happen..."

"Of all times for him to run off..." Abbee began.

"Go find him now." Dylan said, as he began searching something on the laptop.

"But what about finding Brianna Levine?" Abbee said, "She's already seen you, but not me..."

"Which is exactly why you should be the one to go to the hospital and find Victini and not me." Dylan explained, "I'm just gonna check out some pawn shops for the stardust, just in case. I doubt she will be there so it should be fine."

"And if she is?" Abbee asked.

Dylan tapped on Darkrai's Pokeball.

"She will go to sleep..."

With that, the pair prepared to leave, both heading in their separate directions.

Jon Drake
    Heahea City Streets
    Affected RPers: @SlickSlack

Bunnying done with Neo Emolga's permission.

Jon's suspicions were confirmed when the girl introduced herself as Ozona, and her Pokemon partner as Oreo, and confirmed that she had battled Ethan. Moreso however, he was surprised she didn't seem to recognize him especially since he had been the one to mention the High Seas Tournament. The days he spent on the S.S. Wishmaker travelling here was spent with people asking him to sign Pokeballs and posters, but also snide comments, and guys trying to impress their girlfriends by picking fights.

"Hey, Ethan was a tough opponent. No shame in that." Jon explained, "I'm Jon Drake."

Before Jon could say any more his phone buzzed as he got a message from Steven.

"Triad has sent me a list of reagants for the spells they have encountered so far, and thinks that they may be on the island, stored in bulk in some sort of warehouse or something. You mind assigning some people to investigate it? This could break their entire operation."

Jon quickly sent a thumbs up emoji, before pocketing the phone, curious to find out why Ozona was here. Whilst he didn't suspect her of shadowcraft any more than any other civilians he may encounter, it was odd that a competitor from when shadowcraft became public would be here four years later.

"So what brings you to Akala?" Jon asked...
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Ozona Reverie
    Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: @Desolate Divine

Being a little curious to the question, Ozona actually had to think for a moment about why she had came to Akala. The idea came back to her pretty quickly, much to her relief. "First of all, nice meeting you then, second of all, it had to be the fact I heard there was another tournament going on...or was I mistaken about that? Well, if it wasn't that, then it's gotta be because of the Spiritwater festival! I've been looking into it for a while now, and I feel good that I've made it....but then all of this spooky nonsense showed up and....yeah....you get the idea."
    Ozona had sighed a bit mid sentence, but still kept a relatively easygoing composure whike she talked, probably to make sure Oreo didn't worry about her.

Senior Moderator

Jon Drake
    Heahea City Streets
    Affected RPers: @SlickSlack

Hearing that Ozona was here for another tournament, as well as to see the festival wasn't unusual, and didn't cause Jon to suspect her any more or less, though he did take note of her name, figuring it wouldn't hurt to run a check on her later.

As he finished his lunch, he cleaned himself up with a napkin, before speaking to Ozona.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, but I'd best be off." Jon said, as he fitted his motorbike helmet, "I'll see you around. Maybe in a tournament somewhere."

Making his way to his motorbike, he started it up, before heading to the opposite end of the city, where the customs office was located, riding further and further away from the hospital...

Abbee Strauss
    Heahea Hospital
    Affected RPers: None

Abbee entered the hospital, however found her phone buzzing, with a call from her older brother Tyler coming through. She sighed, as she looked around, finding an empty room off to the side, before answering the call.

This summer would have the third anniversary of their father's death, and most years Abbee spent it with Tyler, and this year was supposed to be no exception. However when the mission came up, and Abbee couldn't tell Tyler about it, it caused problems to say the least, particularly since Abbee had no idea what to tell him, opting to apologize, and say "Something came up..."

"Hey, how're you doing?" Abbee said casually, hoping this wouldn't be another arguement.

"Abbee, why are you in Alola?" Tyler asked, causing Abbee to groan, unsure of how he figured it out. He knew nobody here, and she had turned off her phones tracking. Or at least most of it...

"Did you get into Dad's phone just to stalk me?" She asked in shock.

When she was growing up, one of the conditions of having a phone was that until she turned 18, her dad was able to monitor the location. She was fifteen when he passed away and after that she lived with Tyler, who didn't feel the need to track her location. And whilst she was able to disable it on her end, she never did. Whilst he had been gone, it still to a degree felt like he was watching over her, and she didn't have the heart to disable it. The fact Tyler had gone and used that to find her hurt...

"I did, because you aren't giving me a straight answer!" Tyler retorted, "It's the anniversary of Dad's death this week, and the best you can tell me is 'something came up'?"

"Tyler, I don't have time for this."

"It's more than about Dad!" Tyler said, "I have seen on the news all week that people are trapped on Akala, and now I find out you're in the middle of it? What's going on? Is it a coincidence that you're there and being secretive about it whilst all of this is happening??"

Abbee groaned, wishing she wasn't having to deal with this on top of Victini being missing...

Dylan Squier
    Pawn Shop, Central Heahea
    Affected RPers: None

Pawn shops were few and far between in Heahea city. Only three existed, however they were the one place where trainers could offload their stardust easily. Having already spoken to the owner of the one closest to the Villa, Dylan went to the next closest one, closer to the hospital.

He walked in to the well lit shop, that had an assortment of items, from TVs, to computers, to bicycles, to jewellery. The store itself seemed mostly empty, with only one or two people, looking at the guitars than hung on the walls. He made his way over to the counter, where a middle aged man stood, greeting him with a smile.

"What can I do for you?" The man asked, as Dylan discretely got his League ID badge from his pocket, and placed it on the counter.

"I have a few questions, if you can spare some time..." Dylan said.

"Damn, they're recruiting you younger and younger these days..." The man said quietly, as he looked around to make sure nobody was listening in, "This something to do with all the shadowy s**t keeping the ships here?"

"Can neither confirm nor deny." Dylan explained, "I'm looking for someone who I know had some stardust by no accident, and figure if they got on Akala, it was probably from a place like this. Anyone bought any from you in the last few days."

Surprise emanated the man's face, as he replied.

"Normally, I'd laugh in your face, since Stardust is something that most trainers find on the trail and never get around to selling. I probably have people selling it to me once a week, but that's all that happens, and I pass it on to manufacturers when I have bought enough of it." The clerk explained, "But last night, I had someone come in and buy what I had of it, and it wasn't cheap either..."

"A woman? Silver haired, but still fairly young?" Dylan asked, remembering what he saw of the person leaving Memorial Hill the day before.

The man nodded, as Dylan continued.

"How did she pay for it? With a card?" Dylan asked, though not optimistic.

"No, cash."

Dylan scowled. Whilst each region had its own currency, and serial numbers were automatically recorded in ATMs and banks, tracing a cash trail wasn't impossible, but was difficult, and considering the fact that Jon and probably everyone else above him thought this was a waste of time, it was time he didn't have. He'd need to find more, but what...

"You haven't deposited the cash yet have you? Or given it to someone else?" Dylan asked.

"If it were anything else, I'd say you were s**t out of luck..." The man explained, "But not many people pay in $100 bills here, so you're lucky..."

The main opened the register, extracting four $100 bills, as Dylan got his card out to transfer that amount from his bank.

"I know she paid with two of these. I couldn't tell you which, but it might help..."

Dylan thanked the man, before taking the cash, and leaving the store. As he walked down the street, he rounded a corner, stopping abruptly when he found himself face to face with a woman who appeared to be in her late twenties, with silver colored, ash-blonde hair, and peircing white blue eyes, that stared directly into his with a slight grin.

"We finally meet..." the woman said, "I'm Brianna, and I just want to talk..."
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:08 AM.