Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[RP] Spiritwater – Tides of Witchcraft

If you want in on the action, HERE’S THE PLACE TO GO!

NOTES AND MAPS

You can visit and use any of the locations on Akala Island (and you’re free to make up sub-locations in any of these places even if they don’t technically exist in the Su/Mo games). Alongside the S.S. Wishmaker cruise ship, the S.S. Anne also happens to be docked at Heihei City in time for the festival, and your character can board either ship. But both of them are stuck at Heihei City until something is done about the current problem.

As with the first RP, your character may be subject to hexes, spells, and transformations as they go up against Agatha and her enigmatic alliances of witches. And while the Diamond Ladies (controlled by me) have the power to undo the afflictions, the resources and spell reagents to do so are in limited supply.

Akala Island Map

S.S. Wishmaker Map (Replace Amber Theater with a Pokémon Battling Arena)

S.S. Anne Map (Again, it’s easier for me to just use existing maps for these ;P)

CURRENT STARTING POINT

It’s been five days since the S.S. Wishmaker and seven days since the S.S. Anne docked on the island, and both ships have been unable to leave as shadowy ocean currents and eerie wind storms keep pushing all boats and all water and flying Pokémon back to the now haunted island. By now, all of the operatives involved with the mission have arrived and have gotten some briefing about the situation from a confidential League notification. The warning that Agatha, her unknown number of Shadowcraft Society followers, and mischief-causing ghost Pokémon running wild are a real threat has been confirmed, but so far only a very few people have seen these Shadowcraft witches from the shadows and none of them have been formally identified. None of the operatives, tourists, or locals have been able to lay eyes on Agatha, yet, but she has taken credit for the mayhem that has been caused. Meanwhile, every passing day seems to grow daker and darker with less hours of daylight…

Most of the affliction incidents have been reported toward the northern area of the island, but the southern area with Heahea City and the Hano Grand Resort, while the safest at the moment, is far from enjoying peace and quiet. Champion Steven of Hoenn has been tasked with leading his side of the operation to find and apprehend Agatha and her witch compatriots to bring them to justice for attacking innocent people and disturbing the peace. Meanwhile, Champion Cynthia of Sinnoh is leading her side of the operation as a defensive coordinator, trying to find ways to protect the locals and tourists on Akala Island as well as deploy operatives to assist those that have been hit with curses or hexes and cure them of their afflictions at the Heahea City Urgent Care Center. All operatives have been given the same instruction to try and blend in as much as possible with the locals and tourists, hoping to infiltrate the Shadowcraft Society hideout and apprehend Agatha and her followers before the operation is compromised.

2. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies
    Section B, Heahea City Urgent Care Center, Heahea City
    Affected RPers: N/A

“That’s number twenty-seven, already,” Cassandra sighed as she watched an operative who had just recovered walk out the urgent care center. “Whatever they’re doing out there, it’s quite ruthless.”

Things had been somewhat busy at the Heahea City Urgent Care Center for all the operatives and locals who had succumbed to the witchcraft of Agatha’s followers. It was enough to the point where the entirety of Section B, usually reserved for patient recovery, was now designated as a “witchcraft hospital.” And Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet were the only “doctors” specialized to treat these specific “diagnoses.” Meanwhile, the League was only relying on a prayer that this cover-up wouldn’t be discovered by Agatha and her followers.

To disguise themselves from patients who would still recognize them despite their hiding for four years, Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet were wearing medical scrubs and surgical face masks, even though this gear wasn’t necessary for the kind of dispelling “procedures” they were performing. From an outside first glance, it wouldn’t cause suspicion if one of the members of the Shadowcraft Society happened to stumble upon it. Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet would look like normal medical personnel with their attire. They’d have to go inside to find the crates of Shadowcraft reagents and the Shadowcraft spell books that were kept as reference material. The hope was locals and operatives that were afflicted with hexes and curses would go in and receive treatment from the three Ladies, all under the pretense that these three professionals were only given enough Shadowcraft training to perform these procedures due to the special circumstances that were going on… and not that it was the three Diamond Ladies from the infamous S.S. Wishmaker incident four years ago…

While they hadn’t had too many opportunities to use them, the Ladies had their own butterfly Pokémon costumes that would not only help them blend in with the festival antics and other attendees, but it would still conceal their true identities. However, they found they were spending far more time disguised as “doctors” than in their Spiritwater Festival costumes.

In addition to pretending they weren’t the infamous Diamond Ladies, they needed to pay for everything with either cash or their debit cards, and they needed to use cover-up names that the League gave them for this operation. As it was decided by the League, Cassandra was supposed to go by the name Naomi Hart, Jarena was supposed to go by the name Sonia Fairchild, and Violet was supposed to go by the name Sasha Winters. In addition to alternative names, the three of them had been given the call-sign of “Triad.” All of the operatives had been notified that if they needed help in the field and they could still communicate via the radio or at least press “333” on their keypad as the “Triad Panic Request,” they would be right over to cure them of whatever ailment they had, or at least try to take them back to the Urgent Care Center if their affliction required reagents or resources they didn’t have on hand.

Meanwhile, each of them had a completely different team of Pokémon, comprised of mainly Pokémon from adoption shelters that were still trying to get used to their new trainers. Many of these Pokémon came from difficult and depressing pasts from previous trainers that either abandoned them, died, or fell on hard times and could no longer afford to keep them. And while most of them had started to bond with their new trainers, only time and experience could build the kind of comradery that most other trainers had with their Pokémon.

Now that the last patient had left to return to the investigation, it was just the three Ladies and operative Sami Culver. Sami, who had been an operative during the first Wishmaker incident and worked closely with them, was the only support staff they had as she could talk to any Pokémon that had been afflicted so communication with transformed operatives wouldn’t be an issue if they could make it to the urgent care center and identify themselves. While the Ladies would be focused on restoring anyone who had been afflicted, Sami was to keep records of who had been “injured” and what the exact affliction was. The League was hoping they might be able to figure out a pattern and counter it if many operatives were succumbing to the same afflictions. Unlike the three Ladies, however, Sami wasn’t wearing scrubs or her festival costume.

As the Ladies finally got a breather of downtime to catch up with things, Sinnoh Champion Cynthia had arrived. For this whole operation, she had been overseeing the defensive strategy and what they needed to do to keep the League operatives, guests, and Akala Island locals safe.

For now, the only people in Section B were Cassandra, Jarena, Violet, Sami, and Sinnoh Champion Cynthia, who was overseeing the defensive strategy of the operation. Right now, Sami and Cynthia were hoping the peak activity periods of this “witchcraft hospital” were behind it. But if not, they had prepared whatever supplies the Ladies might need for restoring victims back to normal. Jarena was impressed the League had managed to secure a large box of expensive gold nuggets in case they were needed to undo Pokémon transformations, but they were already burning through them. And it was unsettling that Cynthia felt it might not be enough and she was already preparing plans if they needed to get another shipment…

In the meantime, things with the defensive strategy had not been going well…

“Oh, hey Cynthia!” Jarena greeted her as she arrived.

“How are you Ladies holding up?” Cynthia asked, tired but glad to see they had caught up in terms of patients, but also hoping Cassandra and the others weren’t burning out. “You’ve been doing a great job, but the rate these patients have been coming in here is getting concerning…”

“We’re fine,” Cassandra told Cynthia with a tired sigh as she put down her face mask to speak and breathe a little easier. “Still hard to tell if these scrubs disguises are working, though. So far it doesn’t seem like anyone has recognized us, but I still feel like us using Shadowcraft to cure them is a strong giveaway as to who we really are. I mean, I know they get told that we’re ‘medical staff’ that’s been ‘been trained to address these specific needs’ when they show up at the door, but I imagine at least a few of them have figured it out by now.”

“If they have any shred of decency if and when they realize you’re the ones healing them and you’re on the same team they are, they’ll keep you three a secret and they’ll keep this quiet,” Cynthia tried to encourage them, not dismissing the plausible circumstance that by reasonable deduction, they might put the pieces together. “I’m serious, we would be in big trouble without you three helping us.”

Cassandra couldn’t help but nod knowing she was likely right about that. Despite what the patients had been told, the kind of curative spells they were using were not easily learned and there were at least three patients that needed all three of them working together to dispel the curses and hexes that had befallen them. Still, she couldn’t help but wonder exactly what the real goal of all of this was and why Agatha was doing this. Jarena’s theory of “she’s going senile” really seemed to be the only rationale that seemed to fit despite how blunt it was. Still, whatever the reason was, ghost Pokémon were running wild around the island as if all of Akala was haunted, and there were hexes and cursed booby traps everywhere.

In the meantime, as Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet knew, they were on call at all times even if they stepped out of the Heahea City Urgent Care Center. If too many people had become afflicted and the queue was piling up again, the three of them were to be called back to the urgent care center and cure them so they could get back out there and continue the investigation. Jarena was hoping to enjoy some of the festival before the whole ordeal was over, but right now, considering everything that was going on, most of the people on the island were in fear more than they were enjoying the festivities. Already a lot of the events and activities that were planned had been canceled.

“So far we’ve had a mix of everything,” Sami shrugged, looking over the clip board of patient names and the afflictions they had prior to treatment. “Hard to see any kind of pattern, but some of these cases are a real mess. The cursed swimming pool at the Tide Song Hotel still has to be the worst.”

“Gee whiz, please don’t remind me of that one!” Jarena muttered in frustration as she rolled her eyes, removing her face mask for a moment. “I don’t know what was worse, trying to dispel the whole crazy thing or trying to convince those two nutcases that staying as mermaids was a dumb idea and to just let us cure them.”

“I never even knew there’s a Shadowcraft spell that can do that,” Violet muttered, realizing they needed to be ready for anything. “Nothing like that was in the books we went through.”

“There’s at least fourteen other tomes I know of that we’ve never been able to get our hands on,” Cassandra told her, realizing any one of them and then some would have hexes beyond what they were aware of. “I just hope they don’t pull out something we can’t deal with. We’ve already had a few close calls.”

And right now, that was Cynthia’s biggest concern. Though she knew some would disagree, she had given Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet some of the Shadowcraft books that had been the League’s holding archives. And she already knew there were a number of cases that would have gone unresolved if the Ladies didn’t have access to these books as reference. And while some would feel the Ladies still couldn’t be trusted, if they discovered they were alive after all, she felt they had redeemed themselves since the S.S. Wishmaker incident. In her heart, the very fact they were here helping operatives and innocent locals and tourists from these afflictions was already more than enough to redeem them for what happened four years ago.

But she could only hope the others would feel the same way if and when the truth was discovered about the three of them…

4. This post has been liked by:

Ruford McDonough
    Lobby, Hano Grand Resort
    Affected RP'ers: None

Operative Ruford 'From Dewford' McDonough had not had a good day.

It hadn't been his time experiencing Shadowcraft – oh no, there had been a time a couple years back in Phenac City that lived in his nightmares. Being tranformed into a centaur was no fun, and he had just gotten used to walking on four hooves when he had been turned back. Ruford shivered as he remembered the cold memory, of the harsh 'clip clop' on the cobblestone streets, the flies swaying around his Rapidash tail, walking all over his Rapidash back, sucking his Rapidash blood...

Time to ignore that memory. Ruford had been stationed in Hano Grand Resort, a beautiful place – Ruford had made it his home while he was out here, living off of nice martinis and nothing else. Though he often tried (and failed) to have a woman on his arm, he was on the clock today. Literally, the folks upstairs had him clock his time.

“So we can track your whereabouts,” Cynthia had said, “Enough people have been disappearing as is. The less operatives we lose to this, the better.”

She had looked absolutely exhausted when she spoke, deep rings under her eyes. Agatha was a right witch – both figuratively and literally. So Ruford, instead of complaining that the Man was looking over his shoulder, hadn't said a word. Never mind the fact that the Sinnoh champ could piledrive him into the ground, Royal style. Five days since the Wishmaker had arrived with an army of Leaguefolk in tow – well, Ruford had already been here for a year, and had blended in right and nice. Blend in, had been the instructions.

So Ruford indeed felt rather odd indeed when his 'blending in' costume was a League-provided Lickilicky costume. It was one that employees at amusement parks usually wore, a gaudy thing that had an ominous air about it, like at any moment it could spring to life and start strangling children. Ruford noticed children and smaller Pokemon keeping away from him as he sat on one of the couches in the Resort lobby. Even a Machamp, flexing for a gaggle of tourists, lost his luster at the sight and made a quiet exit.

Almost time for his orders. Ruford took a deep breath, pulling an arm free from the confines of the Lickilicky's hand and looking at his watch. Sure enough, he was getting a call.

His other hand was stuck in the costume, so Ruford used his nose to press the 'call' button. He accidentally hung up. Letting out a curse, he wrenched his stuck arm free – hearing the sound of the costume tearing as he did so, and re-dialed. Of course it came from Steven.

“This is Baron Alberto,” Ruford said, referring to his callsign, “Is this Big Gross?”

“'Big Gross' is not my callsign,” Steven's voice, though crackled and quiet, had an air of tired annoyance, “What's your status, Baron?”

“I'm at the Resort, like you ordered,” Ruford replied, “Keeping an eye out, and all that. Really quiet, Steve. Not the good kind, either. Folks are scared. I mean, I like fish, but I wouldn't like to have a mermaid tale-”

“Let's keep that one on the need-to-know, Baron,” Steven replied, “And use callsigns over the line. Never know who might be tapped in.”

“It's Agatha,” Ruford said, “She's old. Probably doesn't even know what a watch is. She was born, what? Four hundred years ago? People were using muskets when she was a teen-”

“Concentrate, Baron. Keep an eye on the Resort. You're in that Lickilicky costume, right? Maybe pretend to be entertaining. A real mascot. I'll see what I can do about getting you a balloon stand. The more you look like one of the locals, the better.”

“Alola, indeed,” Ruford said, “Alright. When should I head north?”

“In a couple hours. I'm still confirming a few things here. Might need your expertise soon, depending on how the investigation pans out. For now, I need you at the Resort in case anything crops up, or Agatha decides to strike there.”

“Right on, I'll keep my Pokemon on hand,” Ruford said, sticking his hand back into place, “Say hi to everyone up there for me, will ya?”

“...See you, Baron.”

The Hoenn Champion hung up the line. Ruford gave a grim smile at that. The fact that Steven Stone was out here meant the League was really concerned – two Champions at all, and not even in their home regions, meant certain expletives had hit the fan. As Ruford stood up, he wondered what the whippersnapper Champ in Alola was up to.

“Right, entertaining. Fun.”

He began to walk forward, bobbing and almost rolling through the lobby. Ruford sighed in frustration. He didn't have any peripheral vision, and what sight he had was hazed by a black mesh. He was already starting to sweat.

“I could've had a cute Charizard costume, or dressed up with cool ol' wings like those butterfly girls,” he muttered to himself, “But nooo, they had to go with the bargain bin Lickilicky costume that Steven wore at his day job when he was a teen at the carnival.”

He lumbered on, the dark storm, with its shadows seeming like claws and fangs, hugged the island, putting a dour mood on the entire island.

6. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jon Drake
    En Route -> Section B, Heahea City Urgent Care Center, Heahea City
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

Jon groaned as he made his way back to the Urgent Care Center, watching his back via Latios' sight sharing to make sure he wasn't followed. Little escaped Latios empathy sense, even invisible or camouflaged Pokemon couldn't hid their emotions from him.

He had been going slightly insane unable to investigate like he used to. Given how recognizable he was, getting to close to targets would tip off the fact that they were investigating them, so he left that to Dylan and Abbee, however couldn't stand waiting in the hotel room whilst they were out. Eventually he discussed with Steven and Cynthia about helping to investigate the sites where people had been hexed, as they all had faith that chances are, a shadowcraft user isn't going to risk being caught by returning to the scene of the crime, and if they did, Latios would be aware of it before anybody.

Whilst he wasn't a shadowcraft user himself, he was still able to help nullify the curses. The infamous cursed swimming pool, he had just returned from, though his back ached painfully. He made his way into section B, before finding Triad, Sami, and Cynthia discussing the amount of hexes they had dealt with so far.

"The cursed swimming pool has been cleansed." Jon said as he walked in, "Do you know how much salt that pool needed? We are lucky they had it on hand, seeing as it was a salt water pool, but we used probably ten years worth, before that reagent you gave me activated..."

"Any leads on where they may strike next?" Jon asked, though having asked before, not feeling optimistic. Whilst Abbee, Dylan and the rest of Jon's squad were scoping out potential sites like the swimming pool, it was guesswork more than anything. Places where lots of people will make contact, but given how many tourists were buzzing around Akala Island, it could be anywhere. Whilst Jon really wanted to have Latios with them, he knew that him being spotted would throw the investigation away at this point, so Latios needed to be with him, and right now, he was probably the best person to be going out to the sights after the fact and trying to resolve the issues there, being informed about who Triad were, but not as recognizable as Steven and Cynthia.

Abbee Strauss and Dylan Squier
    Memorial Hill
    @Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga (Indirectly)

Dylan stood by one of the graves on Memorial Hill, pretending to be a visitor, leaving some flowers by the grave he stood in front of, desperately hoping that nobody who actually knew the deceased would show up. There was a small handful of people visiting various graves as well, and out of the corner of his eye he tried to watch what others were doing. Meanwhile, he knew he had eyes on him, as Abbee, in the form of a Decidueye that she had taken to quite well, was perched in a nearby tree, watching over the people who entered.

Whilst Jon had listed places for the rest of his squad to investigate, Dylan was surprised when Jon told him to figure out on his own where to stake out. Having taken a day or so to think it over, Dylan decided to watch here. His reason being that not everybody who had been hexed was a tourist, and whilst Dylan knew some got caught out in tourist hotspots, such as the lifeguard at the pool that morning, some were being struck who had no reason to be near tourists. Dylan began thinking about places lots of the locals would visit, and this came to mind. He had hoped his theory was wrong, as it was disgusting to curse someone as they mourned love ones, but he had to be sure.

It had been three hours since Dylan arrived, however the sun was starting to lower in the sky and he would need time to travel if he wanted to make it back to Heahea City on foot by sunset.

He coughed violently, giving the signal to Abbee that they were leaving, before noticing a young woman leaving the rotunda nearby, that contained information about Memorial Hill, and a clipboard on a small fold-up table.

Making his way towards it, Dylan had a look at the piece of laminated paper next to the clipboard.

Save our burial site.

For generations the locals of Akala Island have buried their loved ones on memorial hill. It is the one thing that unites us, as no matter how rich or poor a person is, if they were born on Alkala, they will be buried here. Heahea City Council are currently discussing using the site as the location for a Pokemon Research Center, and have used loopholes in protocol to keep this hidden from the public, it only being made known by someone in council leaking the documents proposing it. Please sign to show your support of leaving Memorial Hill as is.

Reading this, Dylan went to grab the pen, before pulling his hand away, just missing being hit by a spectral quill, as a Abbee the Decidueye landed on the ground next to him. Realizing what was going on, Dylan slowly placed his hand near the clipboard. As he inched closer, a purple symbol began to glow to life, though he didn't touch it and activate the hex, whatever it is. One thing he did notice however was a name on the clipboard in fresh ink. The name of the woman who left before him. Possibly an alias, but even then it's a start.

Brianna Levine.

Dylan quickly pulled out his phone, calling Jon.

Jon Drake

As Jon listened to what those working in the hospitals had to say, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

Dylan Squier.

"We found something. A curse that has just been placed at memorial hill."

"I'll come straight away, and see if I can bring one of the experts..."

"We also have a name, though it may be an alias. Brianna Levine." Dylan explained.

"Well, I know a bit about aliases and a lot of the time, they tend to have some link to their original name. People tend to be a bit vain at times." Jon explained, "See you guys soon. Stay safe."

Jon hung up, before looking up to face Triad.

"Dylan and Abbee found a curse that only just got placed." Jon asked, "Can one of you be spared to come help me figure out what it is and how to get rid of it?"
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:08 AM.

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

The Diamond Ladies (Triad)
    Affected RPers: @Desolate Divine

Shortly after, Jon had arrived, mentioning that the situation surrounding the swimming pool had been taken care of with the reagents they gave him, but it only resulted in more questions about where they might strike next.

“Hey Jon, thanks for taking care of that,” Cassandra told him before she sighed with a shrug. “As for what they might target next, we’re still trying to figure that out.”

“I’ve been taking notes on who has been afflicted, where, when, and how,” Sami informed Jon as she reviewed a clipboard. “There’s not much of a pattern… at least not yet. And I still can’t figure out why they’re doing this.”

“I wouldn’t worry about that right now,” Violet told her as she took a sip of black coffee from her chair in the waiting area. “Agatha and her followers know they’ve got the upper hand at the moment. They won’t start revealing why they’re doing this until the tables start turning on them and they need to act out of haste and desperation. If you want those answers, we need to put pressure on them so they start making mistakes. Panic leads to bad decisions.”

“Yeah but… I think that applies to us, too,” Jarena replied, smiling bashfully.

“Provided no one screwed up yet and blew our cover, they don’t know there’s a formal investigation going on,” Violet replied, sitting back and crossing her legs as she looked to Jarena. “You remember what happened four years ago. We didn’t know who was in on the operation and who wasn’t. That made us make hasty mistakes and you know what followed after that. It’s exactly what we need to do again to them this time. Start taking them out one by one and make it as demoralizing as possible. Start with the weaker ones and work our way up the chain of command. If we can start putting doubts in their heads and can get them thinking that coming here and doing this was a bad idea, we’ll start getting clues and answers when they start acting on impulse rather than strategic planning.”

Jarena nodded, remembering quite well. It all started with their room on the Wishmaker getting broken into, Cassandra acting too quickly, and then suddenly she had forgotten about a hex she put on a pillow that she accidentally touched, causing her to transform into an Eevee. Pressure and hastiness led to a mistake, and it went all downhill from there. Attempts to transform her back were intercepted, reckless actions were made, and it ended up with all three of them as Pokémon with their Shadowcraft books and even their clothes stolen. Even their attempt to run away and cause ruckus was quickly shut down after they were intercepted by a stampede of Pokémon, resulting in them having to surrender.

It was then that Jon had hung up before looking to Cassandra, Jarena, and Violet.

“Dylan and Abbee found a curse that only just got placed,” Jon asked. “Can one of you be spared to come hep me figure out what it is and how to get rid of it?”

“I’ll go,” Cassandra told him before looking to Jarena and Violet. “I’ll let you two know if it’s something I might need help flushing out. Sasha, I think you’re onto something, but like you said, it’s probably too early to tell.”

After Cassandra heard the incident was at Memorial Hill, she decided to change out of her scrubs and put on regular street clothing, this time using a black hoodie to cover her head and hide her face. She felt wearing her costume at a burial site would just be in bad taste, not to mention changing into her Butterfree costume attire took a while. That was for incidents that were close to where the festival was taking place. Or at least what was left of it…

Once she was fully changed, she returned to Jon, also carrying a backpack with her Pokémon medicine and some spell reagents. She figured she likely had enough to deal with whatever needed to be cleansed on Memorial Hill, but it all depended on the curse itself. That, and she needed to be prepared if in case the curse was triggered and something happened. And lastly, she took her radio with her, just in case she needed backup support from Jarena and Violet.

Cassandra knew all too well that trying to dispel curses was like trying to disarm a bomb. She was hoping this would just be a simple one, but she knew all too well that her skills were definitely being tested with this whole operation…

“All set,” she told Jon. “Not sure where Dylan and Abbee found this thing, but lead the way and I’ll see what we can do to whatever this thing is…”

10. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Avery Miller & Abital Ecke
    Surf Association, Heahea Branch => Urgent Healthcare Center
    Affected RP'ers: (possibly @Desolate Divine)

To say that this honeymoon was anything short of a disaster was quite the understatement in Avery's opinion. When Abital has jokingly suggested taking the SS Wishmaker for their honeymoon cruise, Avery had thought the idea amusing and accepted. What was it if not a little bit of hilarious irony given the events of their last trip on the SS Wishmaker? Yeah irony was having the last laugh on this one. In a cruel twist of fate, Avery was once against caught up in dealings of Shadowcraft witches. But this time, they weren't alone. Their husband, Abital, had been dragged into this as well, making the situation that much worse.

The two had been doing their best to stay hidden from the mass amount of witches and ghost Pokemon running around the city by taking up residence in the abandoned surfing branch. For the most part, while it had worked so far, that didn't mean their plan was full proof. Abital's current state was very much proof of that. There was a good reason that the witches hadn't come back to the building anyway. There had already been at least one hex placed on it, if not more. While rushing inside the surf shack to seek shelter, Abital had accidentally tripped a hex placed on the entrance of the building. While Avery had initially been relieved that the hex wasn't anything like the Pokemon body swapping one (they still had nightmares on occasion about that incident), they quickly realized that this particular hex was likely worse. Since being afflicted by it, Abital had contracted a serious fever. Avery was doing all they could to keep Abital cool but they knew they needed to get Abital to a medical center sooner rather than later. It just... hadn't been an option to leave yet. Not when it seemed like nowhere was safe from the Shadowcraft witches. Plus, they had other problems.

While the witches hadn't really bothered to inspect the building, ghost Pokemon had, scaring the ever living daylights out of Abital anytime they came flying through the walls. Avery and their team had done their best to dispel them, taking shifts to ensure at least one Pokemon was on standby at all times. But after several days, that was starting to wear on them too. Avery and Abital's Pokemon were starting to get worn out from the large number of battles, and Avery themself hadn't slept in a while, too fraught with worry over Abital's current state. That said, while they were desperate to escape, they weren't without a plan of how to do so.

Avery watched the door to the Surf Association like a Braviary as shadows occasionally passed in front of the door. People, Pokemon, Friend, or Foe? Who was to say. They glanced to the side when they heard Abital groan again. Moving over to their husband, they took the washcloth off his forehead and dunked it into the bucket of water they had drawn. It wasn't the coldest water by any means, Avery had preemptively filled every bucket, sink, and other container that could water that they could find in the event that either the water was cut off, or worse, the pipes hexed. But it was clean, non-hexed water, which was something.

"Rai raichu." (Avery! Avery, over here!) Avery looked over at Abital's partner, Meir. The Raichu was standing towards the back of the shack, guarding a small hole in the wall. Meir had gotten Avery's attention just in time for them to see Gloria squeeze through the hole, the Shaymin returning from doing some recon in the nearby area. Avery had sent her out earlier with one main goal: see if there was a safe area where they could take Abital to receive treatment for his fever. Given how quickly Gloria was rushing back to Avery, it seemed her search had yielded promising results.

"Shay!! Shay shay shay shay min min shaymin!" ("Avery! There's an urgent care center just down the way from here! It appears they're taking in tons of patients by the minute so I think they're on our side. But get this, I just saw Jon on his way there!") Gloria practically shouted as she excitedly delivered the news.

Avery quickly shushed the Shaymin, not wanting to draw the attention of anyone eavesdropping. "That's good to hear about the urgent care center. If the path is clear we should try to make a run for it to get Abital treatment as soon as possible. I don't know how much longer he can hold on like this." It took a moment for the second half of Gloria's message to set in, causing Avery to do a bit of double take at Gloria. "I'm sorry, did you say you saw Jon?"

Gloria nodded. "Shay! Shay Shaymin." (Yeah! I saw him from the bushes heading towards the center.)

Avery rubbed their chin. That made sense then. They had sworn back on the boat that they had seen Jon but just assumed it was a case of mistaken identity. It happened from time to time. But considering Jon had RSVPed yes for the wedding and then not shown up without a word, they had found Jon's "appearance" on the boat to be a bit peculiar. Now it made sense. There was definitely more than meets the eye going on here.

"Right, well, is the coast clear for us to make our way to the center?" Avery asked. Gloria simply nodded again in confirmation. "Then we make our move now. With any luck, we might run into Jon as he gets to the center." Avery opened another one of their Pokéballs, sending out their Rapidash, Daybreak. Removing the washcloth from Abital's head, they hoisted him up off the ground and placed their husband on Daybreak's back.

Abital groaned a little and briefly opened his eyes at the sudden movement. "Are we going somewhere?" he weakly signed.

"Shh," Avery whispered, kissing Abital for a moment. "We're going to a center where you can be treated. Just hold on as tight as you can to Daybreak, okay?" They placed Daybreak's reins into Abital's hands and helped their husband grasp them tightly.

Abital gave Avery the "okay" gesture before resting his head on Daybreak's neck.

Avery looked Daybreak in the eyes, a silent exchange passing between them. Daybreak knew that look on Avery's face. He was to protect Abital at all costs. Avery and the rest of the team could handle themselves for now without Daybreak's assistance. For now, the priority was Abital.

Avery opened the door to the surf association and looked around outside. Just as Gloria had said, no one appeared to be around at the moment. So they'd take advantage of that. Signaling for the others to follow, the small group of Avery, Gloria, Meir, and Daybreak with Abital on his back, began to quickly make their way down the street towards the urgent healthcare center.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 04-27-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

12. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jon Drake
    Heahea Hosptial, En Route to Memorial Hill
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii

Whilst Cassandra got changed, Jon went around to the back of the hospital where he had left one of the perks of his position as Squad Commander.

Whilst Latios was helpful for transport, he could only really carry one person comfortably, and Jon knew Latios wouldn't always be around on this operation, and Jon didn't want to wear the Pokemon out as glorified transport before he may need to battle. So when Steven let Jon know of the amount of money allocated to his squadron, once Jon had spent the funds on essentials, he also decided to cover himself in case Latios was not available to take him somewhere. He wheeled the Honda Africa Twin motorcycle from behind the hospital building, having left it there that morning, aware that if the situation he now found himself in arose, that would be the fastest way there.

This mission had been the first time in years he had ridden a motorcycle, after Alyssa convinced him to sell his own shortly after they married, when neither of them had a car that was reliable, and there being the innate risks of riding a motorcycle, however it suited this mission more, so given the opportunity, Jon made sure to get his hands on one. This model in particular had plenty enough power, and was designed to handle roads well, whilst still being able to traverse off road without too much issue.

As Cassandra walked out of the building, Jon tossed her the spare helmet. It wasn't the first time he had to take one of the ladies to a scene of a curse.

"You ready?"

Once they both had their helmets on, Jon started the bike, before the pair climbed on, and Jon darted south through the city, making his way towards Memorial Hill.

As they rode, probably above the speed limit, Jon darted past a group of Pokemon and a trainer that he recognized as Avery Miller. Whilst Jon had RSVP'd that he and Alyssa would attend their wedding, he was interrupted by the arrival of the Diamond Ladies and their news which brought this operation into existence, and ended up missing the event. Whilst he had seen Avery once or twice on the S.S. Wishmaker, heading towards Alola, he left them alone, figuring it was probably their honeymoon, and catching up can wait until circumstances aren't as dire.

Pulling the throttle even more, and shifting up a gear, Jon accelerated towards the south gate of the city.

Jon Drake, Dylan Squier and Abbee Strauss
    Memorial Hill

It was forty minutes after the phone call when Jon arrived. In that time, Abbee was pretending to be an agitated Pokemon on the rotunda, as Dylan kept passers by away as he tried to calm the Decidueye and send it on its way. He breathed a sigh of relief when he heard the motorbike in the distance.

When the bike arrived, halting to a stop, Jon and someone else in a helmet that Dylan couldn't identify them through climbed off the bike.

"Over there, on the petition." Dylan explained, "The smarta** wrote her name before she cursed it. She left just before I came over, though Abbee saw her do it, and stopped me from signing it myself..."

Abbee flew down onto the ground, watching the three humans talk, before speaking up, though only Jon and Cassandra could understand her.

"I wanted to tail her, but Dylan hadn't noticed, and by the time he knew something was wrong and could stop people from touching it, she was gone..." Abbee the Decidueye said...

"No matter, it's a lead if nothing else." Jon said, "Cass, any idea what it is?"
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-26-2021 at 10:06 AM.

14. This post has been liked by:

Ruford McDonough
    Hano Grand Resort -> Heahea City Urgent Care Center
    Affected RPers: None yet

“Some holiday,” Ruford muttered. The entire atmosphere had changed after the dark storm clouds came in and the hexing had begun. Oh sure, tourists did what they were going to do – children played on the sandy beach, a couple more adventurous little brats dancing in the water. A couple Pyukumuku had washed up on the shore, languishing in agony on the unusually cold sand. Ruford waddled over in his full costume and picked one up, tossing it into the ocean. The entire place felt... off. There was a newfound worry in the people's eyes, and desperate as they were to distract themselves from the current events, occasionally they would whisper to one another. When Ruford had woken up this morning, twenty people had been admitted to the Urgent Care Center. He had a gut feeling that that number had increased a bit today alone.

All the more reason why he hoped Steven could hurry up the investigation on his side, though he didn't say that out loud. He made his way back up the beach, towards one of small bazaars that had been set up outside the resort. They had been built up specifically for the holiday – last year, Ruford had bought one of the souvenirs here – a small paper tag that was said to ward away spirits.

The next day, he had been attacked by a Gastly. So he didn't really put much stock in them. Tourist traps, one and all. Yet perhaps because of the increased supernatural activity around here, people were flocking to the stalls and buying overpriced wards and doodads. Not that he wasn't a believer in such protections – far from it.

Rather, the best defense was a good offense.

Ruford ducked into a small alley, pulling the head of the Lickilicky off and breathing out – Arceus, it felt good to breathe without smelling mothballs! Rummaging and cursing to himself, he freed an arm. He held a Pokeball in it, and clicked the button.

A moment later, Jim appeared – the Kecleon had been crawling on all fours, and stood up on his back legs and stared at nothing.

“Jim,” Ruford said.

The Kecleon didn't respond.

“Jim! Earth to Jim! Jimbo, calling all Jims here!” Ruford waved his hand in front of the Kecleon's face, “Jim!”

Jim didn't respond, didn't even look at his trainer. Ruford supposed that would suffice.

“Alright, this whole place is givin' me the heebie-jeebies something fierce,” he said, “I want you to go all camouflage on me and tail me in case something goes wrong. If a Ghost Pokemon shows up, I give you full permission to Shadow Sneak and wipe its %$# across the pavement. Dig?”

Jim didn't respond.

“Alright,” Ruford said, “Now, if anything happens, you follow me, got it? You find where I'm going – you can track me by scent, right?”

Jim didn't respond.

“Alright, if I end up going somewhere, and you can't find me, go to the Urgent Care Center. Let Cynthia know that ol' Ruford from Dewford got got, got it?”

Jim didn't respond.

“Alright,” Ruford finished. He noticed then his watch was buzzing. Champion Cynthia's face appeared. Ruford clicked the 'answer' button.

“This is Baron Alberto,” he said.

“Baron Alberto, I need you at the Urgent Care Center,” Cynthia responded.

“Why, what's up?” Ruford asked.

“One of our major operatives just went elsewhere. I need to make sure the Urgent Center is at full strength, in case something ends up happening,” Cynthia replied.

“What, the Champion of Sinnoh scared of a couple ghosts and jumpscares?” Ruford chuckled.

“You know it's more than that, Baron.”

“Right, right,” Ruford said, “Sorry.”

“Besides, I want you to see one of the patients. Something's off about the hex that was cast on them that I want you to see.”

“Well, I ain't an expert on all that Shadowcraft business, but alright,” Ruford said, “I'm on my way.”

He hung up, and then returned the pink, hellish dome that was the Lickilicky head to its rightful place, his own crown to adorn. Beside him, he saw Jim go invisible, barely a blur on the brick wall that shimmered subtly as the Kecleon moved beside him.

“Right,” Ruford said, “Urgent Care Center's on the other side of town...”

Oh, Arceus.

“Taxi!” he called out.

One of the banana yellow vehicles pulled up on the street. Ruford clambered in, cursing to himself as he did so – he couldn't even reach for the seatbelt. The driver had an amused smile on his face.

“Hey pal, you just roll in, or Rollout?” he said.

“Ha ha,” Ruford snapped, “Urgent Care Center. I'm entertaining a dying child.”

“Good luck with that, wearing that costume,” the taxi driver laughed. He merged into traffic and began making his way to the destination. Ruford was aware of Jim riding on the outside of the taxi, the Kecleon a mirage that gripped the door and roof. Perfect in case something went down, he could react quickly. It was a matter of minutes before the driver pulled into the parking lot of the Urgent Care Center. Ruford paid his fare and clambered out.

16. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Jimmy Kendo
    Urgent Care Center, Heahea City -> Memorial Hill
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Desolate Divine

Jimmy let out a long sigh. He had already been stressed out from a few missions. Things were just not looking the best right now. While he hadn't seen them yet. Jimmy knew fresh the Champions posted on site that the Diamon Ladies were here helping undisclosed to manny others due to the circumstances with curses and hazes being found.

While most of these curses and hexes can only be fixed by the reversal spells. Jirachi has his limits. He can only help under certain cases. Much like the curse from a Ninetales they found about a year ago can't be removed by Jirachi's powers. There's likitations to everything.

"Pika. Pika-pi?" (So what do you think, Jimmy)? Pikachu asked.

Jimmy sits down by Pikachu. " I think we need a few moments to rest." Jimmy as he sat down and took a breather. Trying tongather every bit of rest and information so far together.

"We've had cases popping up all over the area so far. Heahea isn't in such a good shape and things could easily go from bad to worse. We've got specialists looking after those afflicts Ed while they are able and who knows what may come next. Honestly I've got a funny feeling for things to come too."

Jirachi used it's psychic power to talk to Jimmy and his Pikachu telepathically as they've trained from a distance.

"Jimmy? Pikachu? I can see our friends!! Yes! Our old friends from years ago! Everyone seems to be gathering to leave somewhere. Cassandra and that guy with Latios. Jon. They're all heading somewhere."

"Thanks for the heads up Jirachi." Jimmy said

"Anytime Jimmy! I'll keep lookout while hidden." Jirachi responds.

Jimmy contacts Cynthia. Getting any updates as he takes one last breather before gathering his equipment.

"Thanks Cynthia. I'll make my way there in case there's any need for backup. I've still got Jirachi hidden away overlooking everything. If you need its assistance send me the word. Until then I'll have Jirachi tailing nearby us at Memorial Hill just in case." Jimmy told Cynthia.

As Jon and the others left. Jimmy found an open area outside. Calling out his Salamance and jumping on. His Pikachu following behind and holding on.

"Alright buddy. Follow behind them as you can." Jimmy said pointing to Jon and the others as they left.

"Jirachi will help keep us safe from curses as he can. Plus my pendant will detect any nearby. So I can help guide us. We will just have to be extra careful."

Jimmy couldn't help but wonder what kind of a reunion this might be. The Diamond Ladies for sure, but it's been 4 years since Jon had last seen Jimmy and his team.

Arriving on scene just as they do. Jimmy climbs off from Salamance. Thanking him for the swift ride and returning him to his Pokeball.

Making his way. He calls over to them as he approached.

"Long time no see both of you. I was filled in on the details.

Alisaie Kendo
    Outside of Heahea Urgent Care Hospital
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga

Alisaie had changed into more casual clothing. Trying to fit in with her surrounding area. While not totally trying to stay hidden. She wanted to look just like a guest in a nearby hotel.

"Alright time to focus. You guys remember our goals right? Stay attentive and we can get the supllies we need. Don't take everything. Just one of the herbs should be enough okay, Hoopa? We've got all the necessary berries back at the room" Alisaie kept her voice down talking to her team. "Alright lets go!

Hoopa has used its ability to travel through a ring into a place hidden inside the Urgent Care. Hoping no one else was nearby. It took cover behind some displayed plants. Her Emolga managed to glide to an open window that had been just open enough to slip through.

Meanwhile Alisaie had gone into the building for the Urgent Care. Trying to find anyone she can gather attention from. Luckily most within the building were busy. She had managed to slip by a few others in the building as her Pokémon all seemed to get into place. All she needed was one herb. She was close and she could tell.

Hoopa managed to catch up to her and get her through a few locked doors until she ran into an area where she couldn't get past. Managing to stay hidden from sight; now in what looked to be Section B from what a sign showed.. 2 ladies in surgical gear she could see were just nearby. Seeing off another with a bag that looked to be filled with medical equipment and maybe more. Hoopa then pointed at her bag and where she came from.

"That must be it." Alisaie whispered to Hoopa. She managed to catch a glimpse of movement in the corner where she saw her Emolga. Ready for any signals. They all nodded as she approached the two ladies.

"Excuse me, can you ladies help? I seem to be a little lost." Alissa asked them as she slowly approached. Looking a little embarrassed.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 04-28-2021 at 02:16 AM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

18. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Luneth Tarot
    Heahea City
    Affected RP'ers: None

Luneth hadn’t thought that much about why it was called Shadowcraft before. She’d only seen a few spells the Diamond Ladies had cast on the Whishmaker, and the minor charms that her and Glimmer had learned themselves. But with this darkness handing over everything, even when the sun was shining, she felt like she understood. At this time of year Heahea city was always a bright joyful place, but now it was a literal ghost town, with only the bravest of festival goers not hiding away in their homes to avoid the ghosts that filled the streets. Many of them had their own pokemon out with them as bodyguards. As it was, Luneth also had Hestia out and following behind her to ward off any ghosts that might think her an easy target.

As she looked around the half deserted streets, Luneth worried about Glimmer. The Shaymin had been assigned to Steven’s team, and was searching for the perpetrators right now, potentially right in the line of fire. Luneth had to resist the urge to call and check up on her, knowing that it could be a distraction and put her in unnecessary danger.

Up ahead a man dressed in a Ecruteak-style Pikachu outfit, (a yellow kimono and a wooden Pikachu mask,) caught her attention. After staggering out of an alley, his head flailing around in panic as if he was being hunted down, his eyes rolled up and he collapsed onto the street. Several of the ghosts wandering the street began to approach him, but Hestia shot a flamethrower at any that got too close, causing them to back off enough for Luneth to safely approach.

She could feel straight away that this was indeed the work of Shadowcraft, and not simply someone who had had one too many drinks. She didn’t have time to try a counter spell here, with all the ghosts roaming around, and she had a feeling that this one was beyond her abilities anyway.

She sent out Circuit, and heaved the man onto the Silvally’s back. The man had only just collapsed, so whatever had hit him must be nearby…

Circuit suddenly bucked wildly, throwing the man to the ground, and lashing out in random directions.

Oh no, not Circuit too.

Luneth quickly returned the flailing Silvally to his pokeball, cursing herself for not being more careful. But how had the hex’s effects spread? She had touched the man too, but hadn’t been affected.

“The mask,” Hestia said as if reading her mind. “It was as soon as his mask touched him.”

Come to think of it, she’d seen a mask just like this for sale at a stall earlier. It had been one of the few places that had remained open despite the shadows and ghosts everywhere.

Luneth sent out Roseli, and quickly explained the situation. The Scolipede grumbled but didn’t move to stop Luneth as she propped the man up on his back, then climbed on behind him to hold him in a sitting position, and making sure that his head didn’t loll into anyone.

Once she was out of earshot of the other civilians, Luneth held the man in place with one hand for a moment, tapping in Cynthia’s number on her comm with the other.

“This is Inari,” Luneth began, remembering at the last moment to use her callsign. “I’m near Heahea docks. A man has just been hit with a cursed mask that appears to have made him go crazy with fear and collapse. I’m taking him back to the med center now. It might have been a one off, but I think I saw a stall selling masks just like it earlier, so it’s worth sending someone over to investigate. Over and out.”

Roseli sped to the medical center at full speed, as Luneth struggled to keep the passenger still. Hold on just a bit Circuit, we’ll get help for you soon.

20. This post has been liked by: