Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Administrator

yeah that tends to happen here too. I look at it and go "hmm, I should just say something." Then get lazy and just wait and forget.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, and I don't know why I keep letting that happen. XP

Also... not crazy the weekend's already over. Bleh.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I have the bad habit of reading the last reply in the thread, but then not replying myself, so that ends up removing the "new posts" indicator that I typically use as a heads up that I'm not the last poster anymore and then I forget about the whole thing entirely. XP
    Haha yeah same here
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Next weekend should be fun. A huge branch of a tree in the backyard broke off and it's pretty amazing it didn't pulverize the house or the fence on the way down. Although now it's leaning against another tree and I need to find a way to carefully bring it down without breaking anything. And then after that comes some chainsaw fun to break it down.

Oh, and some grocery shopping. You can probably guess which one of those is going to be easier than the other. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I don't have much planned for this weekend. I'm going to a little networking event tonight though.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Hopefully you have better luck with those events than I did. My university hosted a few of them and they weren't great. Only the speakers got to talk and there was very liitle time for us to introduce ourselves.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hopefully you have better luck with those events than I did. My university hosted a few of them and they weren't great. Only the speakers got to talk and there was very liitle time for us to introduce ourselves.
    Oh yeah no this is meant to be a thing where you actually network with people. I've been to one before. I just don't enjoy them because I'm naturally shy.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I've never been to one myself. Nothing planned this weekend either. Kinda just a time to sit back and possibly do nothing xD....which is boring...need something....

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah, sometimes it's tough to think of a subject matter that you can connect to other people with.

I find discussions about pets is a good one. Those kinds of chats can be fun and stand out in a sea of the same old "so what do you like about your job" discussions. Every time I've tried asking that question, people reply "I like working with the people" and that's pretty much it. :P

Chatting about weather is also a good choice, especially on a crazy kind of weather day. Same with vacation plans. I would say it makes sense to ask a few questions about their job, but finish with something more fun that they'll remember you for. See it as a challenge to get them to smile and laugh.

Senior Moderator

I guess I just revert back to my lurking mentality whenever i see new posts. I am like "Oh yea, they seem to be doing well. Oh, love the update" and then boom, my ADD is like "Youtube cat go meow"

·»Your focus determines your reality«·