Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Pffft xD that sounds like they be really partying if it came out of sinks and showers. Reminds me of the water fountain with Hawaiian Punch in the movie Mr. Deeds. Hahaha

Yeah it really depends on the year. Some years we literally have no winter air. So it just stays hot and humid. It's literally the worst. So it must've just been a good time is all. Which is good for a bachelor party or anything similar. The color air is more my jam for sure. Enjoy it!

I've had trouble sleeping lately. Temps in the mid 70s during the night

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I definitely think if I had summer year-round, I would get dang tired of it. I think as a kid, I liked summer because hey, it's easy to associate it with school being out and thus it becomes reminiscent of days of fun and just enjoying time off, but now that I'm working all the time year round, it has lost its charm.

But yeah, if your job offers you a place to move to that has a snowy climate, sounds like something that might make you happier.

Administrator

Well it's funny cause my boss had us meet with his boss recently (since his boss primarily works from home). He talked about some business stuff, then how their is plans to open some up in other parts of the country. Most being up north. My boss told me recently he's been thinking of moving to another. Even mentioning how he'd offer me a job up there if he moved. Though he was talking about NY. That'd be something I'd really have to think about. It's the most expensive city in the nation.

Yeah summers were nice when I was younger. Though I really don't remember it being THIS hot. Especially all year round like it has been. I remember when I was younger having to rake leaves and wear a jacket (like a real one in winter months especially). Now it's at least in the 80s and sometimes 90s until sometime in November. Then it's just chance from there. Mainly say that cause a few years ago I remember being depressed going to Christmas with the family in mid 80 degree weather. Shorts and short sleeves. It's literally driving me insane xD

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Well, you don't have to live directly in the city if you're willing to commute to save some money. But yeah, NYC is definitely very expensive and hate to say it, but crime, vandalism, homelessness, and other issues have been on the rise in NYC. Mayor de Blasio really did a terrible job with NYC and allowed so much to just plunge face-first into the gutter.

As for NJ, we've had some pretty hot summers even when I was a kid. I remember the temperature gauge going over 100F a few times, especially when we went to the pool. It was pretty brutal, but I don't think it has increased too much since times decades ago.

Administrator

That's the issue. I don't like driving myself as it is. I hear all the time how up there is a good place to be like that cause you don't have to. Trains, subway systems, and buses exist wherever you need to go. While that's good. I know from what you've said and news has shown, it's just not the best anymore. Lot of crime too and just expenses are so much more. Just getting used to being alone would be....really tough too.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, when I go to NYC, I almost always take the train. Parking is a nightmare and is extremely expensive, so I honestly wouldn't recommend driving into the city.

NYC used to be a lot better. It used to feel clean, safe, and welcoming. But now you see homeless people everywhere and it's just not safe. I've seen a lot of articles of people getting attacked and pushed onto subway tracks. That and drug abuse is on the rise, especially in Washington Park.

Really, the last thing the next mayor should consider doing is defunding the police. There are many good cops and people shouldn't let a few bad ones and terrible, false media narratives mislead them into thinking all cops are bad. The New York Times has become especially rotten for this.

Administrator

Ohhhh trust me. After my experience riding into NYC years ago? I could never drive there myself. I'd go into a panic attack (yeah I'm not great at driving and I'm still very timid behind the wheel. Especially in new places I haven't driven before).

Yeah NYC used to have this great appeal especially in movies. Made me really have that feel of wanting to go. Then especially so when the Pokémon Center opened there. I got to go sometime after it shut down and Nintendo World opened instead. It wasn't as great. I did however enjoy the Top of the Rock and got to see all the Christmas decorations around the town. I loved it! Sadly yeah I've been hearing about all the subway incidents and crime. It's enough that if I were ever up there. I'd be wanting to stay off the streets around dusk.

Gonna try to keep it very non-political here, but yeah. Defunding the police becasue of what's been happening is the last thing that should happen. Law enforcement have been doing everything they can to help prevent this from getting worse. Sad to say though COVID helped to make everything worse too. It's driven everyone a little more insane and to depend on things like drugs or something more....illegal. Making everyone that much more crazy.

Another sad thong to say. I feel if I did move north a lot of people would target me cause I'm a bit more small, from the south (where a lot of people see "confederate" things or reference to that), which also references to racism. I'm not racist, but sometimes you get targeted just on who you are, where you're from, and the color of your skin....and that's sad. We're seeing that a lot with Asians lately being targeted. It's sad to see happen to anyone really.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, that’s a good point, usually I try to steer away from politics...

It’s sad you didn’t get to check out the NYC Pokémon Center. Nintendo World is nothing compared to it and all the times I went there, I came out empty-handed because 95% of the stuff that’s there is stuff you can buy just about anywhere anyway. Most of the floor is reserved just for gaming stations, which is dang disappointing. There were a lot of things I saw at the NYC Pokémon Center that I wish I bought, but I’m happy I did come home with quite a few things anyway and I still have them, too.

Really, they’d do much better to change it back. I still see kids are very much into Pokémon and you’ve still got plenty of us folks in the older generations still into it. If they changed it back, heck, I’d consider going back again. It’s Nintendo’s top franchise, why did they change it?

These days, I just get the stuff from the Pokémon Center website and from Mercari. Mercari is… ugh, man, it’s a hard struggle to avoid succumbing to temptation there. Still on the lookout for a great Jirachi plush that’s under $50. XD

Administrator

Yeah I first remember seeing it advertised way back in Nintendo Power. I desperately wanted to go. My parents were totally against it no matter what though. They never wanted us going to NYC. My dad's things was always "I haven't been to New York and I haven't ever lost anything in New York, I don't want to go to New York." Sadly he was the only one that would even be able to take me if I were being a kid not mucc over 10 at the time.

I remember seeing the contest in Nintendo Power where the winner would be flown to New York to visit the Pokémon Center and get to see the Pokémon Movie 4Ever in a theater there early. Along with $1000 in money for shopping anywhere the winner wanted. I remember so desperately wanting to win that as it was my only hope of going since my parents didn't want to. Sad to say yeah I never made it. Not until 2011 when it was long gone. I remember seeing all these pictures of the Pokémon Center and hoped the Nintendo World was just as great.....sadly it wasn't. All that time and effort making it there and I went home empty handed aside from the memories.

Seriously they would. Imagine not only Pokémon Centers all over the US, but themed depending on location along with Pokémon Cafes themed to the location. It would give reason to travel and a variety of different merch in food, plushies, figures, apparel and so much more! It's like adding billions on top of the already billion dollar company.

Same here sadly. Sometimes I use PokeVault cause it's exclusive Japanese merch. I'm still on the lookout for a nice Jirachi plush for sure. That's not insanely priced....

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I remember seeing the details in Nintendo Power. That’s originally what sparked my interest and I seized the opportunity the next time we were in Rockefeller Center. I think I went three times and the first time, I didn’t come out with much simply because I didn’t have the money at the time. If my present self could wire transfer money to my past self… yeah, I would have come home loaded. But I did get lots of good stuff the following two times… and then it became Nintendo World and I usually came out of there with nothing and then just stopped bothering altogether.

I like what PokeVault has but dang those prices are tough to swallow. But if they have stuff I just gotta have, bang, I’ll do it.

And yeah, I’m happy I managed to get a hold of a Takara Tomy Talking Emolga plush because that was HARD to hunt down and wasn’t cheap. Although I’ll admit I haven’t actually loaded it up with batteries and turned it on to see it and hear it in action…

…until now. Heh heh, it’s hilarious! Sounds just like it does in those crazy anime episodes! XD Totally worth every penny. :3