Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Administrator

Yeah if I had gotten the chance to go way back. I don't think I ever would've suffered a period where I nearly quit playing Pokémon. So lucky you even got to go! I went up to NY expecting to come out with a lot and came home empty handed.

Yeah PokeVaults prices are pretty high. Has to make money somehow though. Shipping is crazy enough as it is right now. Even Toreba takes forever too. I literally just got the Eevee pillow and Piplup plush I won months ago now yesterday.

I kinda need the Talking Tomy Pikachuninfeel like xD. It's expensive too though. Glad to hear the Emolga was worth it!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah if I had gotten the chance to go way back. I don't think I ever would've suffered a period where I nearly quit playing Pokémon. So lucky you even got to go! I went up to NY expecting to come out with a lot and came home empty handed.

Yeah PokeVaults prices are pretty high. Has to make money somehow though. Shipping is crazy enough as it is right now. Even Toreba takes forever too. I literally just got the Eevee pillow and Piplup plush I won months ago now yesterday.

I kinda need the Talking Tomy Pikachuninfeel like xD. It's expensive too though. Glad to hear the Emolga was worth it!
    I had a short period where I quit Pokémon and had gotten salty about it. It was around the time Pokemon Yellow came out and it made me unhinged how Pokémon was getting into everything to the point where I felt it was a nuisance and just wanted to go back to the times where Nintendo focused on a wider variety of games instead of dropping Pikachu on my face over and over. So far about a year, I wanted nothing to do with it and it made me irate every time I saw it. And then Gold/Silver came along and I was too enthralled with Ho-oh and Lugia on the box art and I was like "ok, ok, I'm back in, those two are really cool, I take back all the nasty things I said." Haven't left it since, so yeah, it was only just that one time for a short while.

Yeah, Toreba takes two months now from the time I send the request to ship to the time it arrives in the mail. I only just got that Christmas Pikachu a few days ago, which now sits on my printer because I have no where else to go with it. XD This is getting funny but crazy, I have a whole other giant bag of Pokemon plushies sitting in the attic, most of which I got from the Pokémon Center in NYC. Really though, if I win another plushie from Toreba, I have absolutely no clue where I'd put it. I might have to squish a few around.

And yeah, the Emolga is great! But I had to turn him off because he'd suddenly shout "EMOOOO!!!" completely out of the blue and it's a bit of a jump-scare like that. XD

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I had a short period where I quit Pokémon and had gotten salty about it. It was around the time Pokemon Yellow came out and it made me unhinged how Pokémon was getting into everything to the point where I felt it was a nuisance and just wanted to go back to the times where Nintendo focused on a wider variety of games instead of dropping Pikachu on my face over and over. So far about a year, I wanted nothing to do with it and it made me irate every time I saw it. And then Gold/Silver came along and I was too enthralled with Ho-oh and Lugia on the box art and I was like "ok, ok, I'm back in, those two are really cool, I take back all the nasty things I said." Haven't left it since, so yeah, it was only just that one time for a short while.

Yeah, Toreba takes two months now from the time I send the request to ship to the time it arrives in the mail. I only just got that Christmas Pikachu a few days ago, which now sits on my printer because I have no where else to go with it. XD This is getting funny but crazy, I have a whole other giant bag of Pokemon plushies sitting in the attic, most of which I got from the Pokémon Center in NYC. Really though, if I win another plushie from Toreba, I have absolutely no clue where I'd put it. I might have to squish a few around.

And yeah, the Emolga is great! But I had to turn him off because he'd suddenly shout "EMOOOO!!!" completely out of the blue and it's a bit of a jump-scare like that. XD
    I think I've said my story about when I almost got out of Pokemon. Still pretty crazy how not long after I started getting back because of PMD.

Yeah anywhere from 2-3 months really. It's like it gets held in retention wherever the package goes for 2 weeks. Like COVID rules still apply to it. It's pretty bad. The packaging is poly bags now too instead of the boxes they used to use. Yeah I'm running out of space too. Many of the later ones are in the packaging still in my closet.

PFFFFT xD. Oh come on, she just wants your attention! It's like one Emolga talking to another!

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I think I've said my story about when I almost got out of Pokemon. Still pretty crazy how not long after I started getting back because of PMD.

Yeah anywhere from 2-3 months really. It's like it gets held in retention wherever the package goes for 2 weeks. Like COVID rules still apply to it. It's pretty bad. The packaging is poly bags now too instead of the boxes they used to use. Yeah I'm running out of space too. Many of the later ones are in the packaging still in my closet.

PFFFFT xD. Oh come on, she just wants your attention! It's like one Emolga talking to another!
    Yeah, I've never gotten boxes, it's always been in those gray bags. They still come in perfect condition, though, so I can't complain.

It's funny, the Emolga is voice-activated, but if makes me wonder if the "My Friend Eevee" I have which also makes Eevee sounds when you press its belly would actually trigger the Emolga's voice-activated sensor. If it works, it would be like the two are talking to each other! XD

Administrator

Yeah, I've never gotten boxes, it's always been in those gray bags. They still come in perfect condition, though, so I can't complain.

It's funny, the Emolga is voice-activated, but if makes me wonder if the "My Friend Eevee" I have which also makes Eevee sounds when you press its belly would actually trigger the Emolga's voice-activated sensor. If it works, it would be like the two are talking to each other! XD
    They do if I remember correctly! I've seen someone make a video on that. It's kinda funny to watch xD.

Yeah I used to win back when they sent boxes. It said "Toreba Crane Game" on them and they always had to be hand delivered. Which was odd cause it was someone in their own personal car from the post office. Which....was really really odd xD. I was like "who is this" half the time. Then they're like "are you Eric?" I'd confirm cause I saw the box. They'd pass it over and be on their way. Was really odd. But yeah it was better than these poly bags.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

They do if I remember correctly! I've seen someone make a video on that. It's kinda funny to watch xD.

Yeah I used to win back when they sent boxes. It said "Toreba Crane Game" on them and they always had to be hand delivered. Which was odd cause it was someone in their own personal car from the post office. Which....was really really odd xD. I was like "who is this" half the time. Then they're like "are you Eric?" I'd confirm cause I saw the box. They'd pass it over and be on their way. Was really odd. But yeah it was better than these poly bags.
    Yeah, I've seen what they look like. For me, they don't hand-deliver the packages, they just leave them by the front door and that's pretty much it. And I'm fine with that, the stuff always arrives in perfect condition anyway. I imagine they switched to the bags because it was cheaper, although it may depend on the kinds of prizes you win. Certain prizes that are a bit more fragile, like those figures, may need a box with bubblewrap whereas plushies don't need that kind of protection since they're soft and squishy anyway.

I just need to figure out why I'm only getting one ticket a day, because I feel like it's on the brink of impossible to win anything with only just that. Makes me wonder if I buy a bit more TP using cash, would that mean extra play tickets on a daily basis. That might be worth it, but I'd only do it if I knew that's what's driving it.

Administrator

Yeah, I've seen what they look like. For me, they don't hand-deliver the packages, they just leave them by the front door and that's pretty much it. And I'm fine with that, the stuff always arrives in perfect condition anyway. I imagine they switched to the bags because it was cheaper, although it may depend on the kinds of prizes you win. Certain prizes that are a bit more fragile, like those figures, may need a box with bubblewrap whereas plushies don't need that kind of protection since they're soft and squishy anyway.

I just need to figure out why I'm only getting one ticket a day, because I feel like it's on the brink of impossible to win anything with only just that. Makes me wonder if I buy a bit more TP using cash, would that mean extra play tickets on a daily basis. That might be worth it, but I'd only do it if I knew that's what's driving it.
    I'm beginning to wonder if that is the reason. Because over the years I have spent a little more than the initial $10. I'm still well within the green though. Won more than I've spent. Can't say for certain that that is the reason though. Maybe it is worth it? At least another $10 to make sure they aren't making that yearly now.

Yeah is used to be safer, better, and much faster. So long as everything comes in tact I'm okay with it. Though my next package should be the Pikachu and Eevee figure. So hopefully it comes well packaged. Just got my Eevee and Piplup the other day.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I'm beginning to wonder if that is the reason. Because over the years I have spent a little more than the initial $10. I'm still well within the green though. Won more than I've spent. Can't say for certain that that is the reason though. Maybe it is worth it? At least another $10 to make sure they aren't making that yearly now.

Yeah is used to be safer, better, and much faster. So long as everything comes in tact I'm okay with it. Though my next package should be the Pikachu and Eevee figure. So hopefully it comes well packaged. Just got my Eevee and Piplup the other day.
    Yeah, on the 10th and 20th, I'm only getting 3 tickets in total, and it feels like those are the only days there's a slight chance of actually getting anything. Other days, I might be better off buying scratch-off lottery tickets. XD

Lately I haven't seen anything I've absolutely got to have. I definitely have enough Pichus, Pikachus, and Eevees, though Toreba keeps coming out with more variants of those. XD Not sure why Slowpoke seems to be a really popular one.

Administrator

Yeah, on the 10th and 20th, I'm only getting 3 tickets in total, and it feels like those are the only days there's a slight chance of actually getting anything. Other days, I might be better off buying scratch-off lottery tickets. XD

Lately I haven't seen anything I've absolutely got to have. I definitely have enough Pichus, Pikachus, and Eevees, though Toreba keeps coming out with more variants of those. XD Not sure why Slowpoke seems to be a really popular one.
    Yeah lately I haven't seen anything that I just had to have xD. If I won anything it'd be just another Pikachu or Pichu to add to the collection.

I really just dunno what it is they are doing with the free tickets. It's weird. Hopefully it goes back to normal soon. If not, if you have the money it might be worth just another $10 to see if maybe that's why. If you plan to continue playing that is I guess.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Today I got 5... and I'm just confused. Tried to go for a Yamper plush just for variation's sake but eh, no dice. Tried a variety of things and it just didn't budge enough.

But yeah, now I'm wondering how many tickets I'll get tomorrow. If it goes back to 1, maybe I'll try dropping $10 just to see what happens, but if that changes nothing, well... eh, that would suck, but at least we'd know that wasn't the reason.