Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I've watched some new movies on Netflix and stuff but definitely not in a theater.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

For me, usually the cost wasn't worth it, but I know how bad people can be with spoilers. I felt like I HAD to see Endgame because I knew people would spill out too many implications that you'd have to be a dummy not to figure out. I had that happened with Infinity War before I got to see it for myself and it was... eh.

Surprisingly, I didn't see much spilled about Endgame, at least not until long after the movie had been out for a long time. People were definitely better about that.

But yeah, tickets to the movies are usually the reason why I just wait it out. And I don't even get snacks or drinks. Those are totally not worth it.

Administrator

yeah I got lucky and didn't see or hear many spoilers before I got to watch Endgame. However, the day I planned to go see it the new (at the time) Spider-Man trailer dropped and Tom Holland dropped a HUGE "SPOILER WARNING" before the trailer saying. "If you haven't watched Endgame yet. Click out of the video and come back once you watch Endgame." So I was glad I didn't continue watching there.

Most movies I've wanted to see were put up on digital for purchase or rent. Like Bill and Ted Face the Music. Was waiting on that 3rd movie forever and it finally came out.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I just don't watch too many movies. It's to the point where I would be wasting money signing up for a streaming service when I maybe watch one movie every four months or so. Plus there are so many individual streaming services now, it's nuts.

I mean heck, in time, these movies can be borrowed from the library for FREE. It's essentially Redbox for those who are patient. XD

Awww, I love going to the movies!
    It's like, a nice social outing where I can hang out with someone without having to carry the conversation or pay attention to them the whole entire time! I take my indoorsy and introverted friends out to the movies, because I guess it feels more special than just coming to my house to watch Netflix? It can be an excuse to dress up! Or at least to encourage a depressed friend to shower.

It's great for dates too coz you can like, figure out if their breathing is annoying or if they smell weird or if their sense of humor is good, if they know how to be quiet at the right time or if we can make in-jokes about something..
    And if it all goes badly at least I saw a cool movie lol

I'm one of those people who sneaks in a block of chocolate or whatever, (one time I snuck in some cider and a whole burger meal hahaha) but I do loooove movie popcorn.

Senior Administrator

I’ll confess I’ve done some snack-sneaking as well. I’ve never been caught, but I don’t think the movie theaters I go to really care too much. I think it would be too much trouble for them, and this was even in pre-COVID times. But yeah, I’m not paying $7 for a box of candy that would ordinarily cost me $1.

But if I needed to be more covert, I would just take the candy I bought for cheap and put it into an empty medication container and bring a bottle of water. Any movie theater wouldn’t dare try to tamper with that out of fears of litigation. >:3

The last few times, I haven’t had anything to eat or drink during a movie, though. Trust me, I learned my lesson with Aquaman. That is NOT a movie you want to try to endure with a full bladder. XD

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I usually just smuggled stuff in my purse. I get popcorn and a drink every time regardless and usually only smuggle in candy so they're still getting my money either way, haha.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

For me, smuggling drinks and candy was easy with a winter coat. But that was only applicable during the winter.

In the summer, well... I was just hoping they wouldn't care or notice bulging cargo shorts pockets. XD

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I’ll confess I’ve done some snack-sneaking as well. I’ve never been caught, but I don’t think the movie theaters I go to really care too much. I think it would be too much trouble for them, and this was even in pre-COVID times. But yeah, I’m not paying $7 for a box of candy that would ordinarily cost me $1.

But if I needed to be more covert, I would just take the candy I bought for cheap and put it into an empty medication container and bring a bottle of water. Any movie theater wouldn’t dare try to tamper with that out of fears of litigation. >:3

The last few times, I haven’t had anything to eat or drink during a movie, though. Trust me, I learned my lesson with Aquaman. That is NOT a movie you want to try to endure with a full bladder. XD
    Geez I know things are more expensive up there....are they really $7? Here's they're only $3-4. Still pretty crazy.

Funny enough I don't usually have the issue of beeding frequent bathroom visits. XD so long movies are typically okay with me.

I used to sneak candy and such in, but drinks and all would be harder. Aaaaand here I can't wear bigger winter coats. I would die from overheating xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Geez I know things are more expensive up there....are they really $7? Here's they're only $3-4. Still pretty crazy.

Funny enough I don't usually have the issue of beeding frequent bathroom visits. XD so long movies are typically okay with me.

I used to sneak candy and such in, but drinks and all would be harder. Aaaaand here I can't wear bigger winter coats. I would die from overheating xD.
    Yeah, it's pretty nuts when it comes to prices up here. A popcorn + soda combo will generally nail you for around $12-$14 up here. It's lousy, you could get a full-fledged dinner for that price.

We used to smuggle in soda cans, which aren't too hard. I'll admit, that's much easier with a winter jacket on, though.