Eeeek, a spider! Run away!

How tolerant are you of insects? If seeing a spider, do you quickly run to kill it or run away begging for someone else to do it for you? Maybe you let it live and ignore the thing (how could you)? Discuss!

If it's a bug outside, I just move over, but if it's inside, it's suddenly a threat to all living creatures and it must die. xD

I hate the thought of millions of bed bugs and dust mites everywhere...Everyone also has 'eyelash mites', which basically live on your eyelashes, breed on your face, and lay eggs in your eyelash follicles. ;___;

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I choose to live in ignorance and pretend everything Ty just said is a lie. XD

I don't like insects at all. Their speed usually determines how much I can tolerate them. Fast ones freak me out the most because I feel like they can attack at any moment. xD Slowler things aren't so bad. I used to be terrified of moths for some reason, now it's just cockroaches that I can't stand at all. ;_; I don't like killing insects so I usually try and catch them (or get someone else to do it). I have started leaving daddy long legs spiders when I find them around the house though. They aren't dangerous and they eat other spiders, so I figure they're alrght.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Fast ones freak me out the most because I feel like they can attack at any moment. xD
    YES. When I see a spider, I go an get something to squash it, but then it's gone! It's planning a secret attack!!

I freeze my pillows occasionally, to kill and buggies. xD Daddy long legs eat other spiders? o: I had no idea. There's also a myth that they're the most poisonous, but it's not true. xD

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Just get them all the hell away from me, and I'll be fine.

No, seriously! Insects are fascinating to read about, but not so much to actually see in-person. For me, anyways. Especially spiders, and especially big spiders.

Roaches are also the worst.

For me, it really just depends on the bug. Generally if it is a harmless insect, I try to combat that mental fear or picking it up, i.e. roaches or mosquito hawks.

However, I do not like giant tobacco worms...ugh. And you know those house centipedes that crawl around your house really quickly? They scare the freaking crap out of me. T^T

TE mentioned mites, but my theory is that if I can't see it without a microscope then I don't really care. XD

I really like learning about some really weird-looking creepy crawlies. Nonetheless, I think that a lot of bugs, like honeybees, are really under-appreciated.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I have Arachnophobia, therefore when I see a large-ish spider I run away in fear. ._.

~Sealboy