Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Because it requires the use of the headphone jack or for a different reason?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The converter I had was where one end had a kind of "fake" cassette that went into the cassette player, but there was a wire coming out of it that would then plug into the CD Walkman (or whatever MP3 player) you had. They kinda worked, but a standard cassette would definitely work better and wouldn't have weird noise interference. I might even still have one still laying around somewhere.

And my first MP3 player was a Rio that could hold like... maybe 15 songs on it and the process of getting MP3s set onto it was a pain as they had to be "installed" onto it using specific software. Only lasted about a year or two before it just completely died for no reason and never turned on ever again. I got a slightly better MP3 player after that (forget the brand) and then I got an iPod after that, and that was actually fairly decent, though I didn't (and still don't) like having to use iTunes with no alternatives. I'd rather just copy and paste a playlist of MP3s I have on my drive.

These days I use a Mibao MP3 player and it's pretty good, can't complain. I just have to be careful to take it out of my pocket before tossing my pants in the wash. That's what killed my last MP3 player. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I never had an MP3 player, I just used the same feature in phones back then.

Also, I have memories of cassette tapes, but CDs were on the rise during that time.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I got my current car in 2013, which is a 2001 model. It had a cassette player in the headunit, which I thought was old, even for 2001. Except then I realized it had a 6 CD stacker, which was accessed via the boot. I'd put 6 CDs in it, and could switch between them from the headunit. Granted within six months I pulled out the stock speakers and headunit and dropped $600 on new, better ones, and relied on bluetooth to this day.

Speaking of cars though, it is looking an awful lot like I will be getting a new one in the next week or two... It will be weird, going from driving a twenty year old car with 160,000 (100,000 of those by me), to a 2015 model with 30,000 miles.... (We use km here, but I have learnt after nearly fifteen years on pe2k/pxr that if I can convert to miles in my head, I might as well)

Senior Administrator

Still driving my 2009 Dodge Challenger, which only has about 78K on it. It might need maintenance soon, one of the wheels on the left side makes an odd noise while turning, but otherwise it drives and feels just fine. I haven't been driving it very much, most days I'm working from home and only go in on Tuesdays (or other days if I'm needed on site specifically).

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Still driving my 2009 Dodge Challenger, which only has about 78K on it. It might need maintenance soon, one of the wheels on the left side makes an odd noise while turning, but otherwise it drives and feels just fine. I haven't been driving it very much, most days I'm working from home and only go in on Tuesdays (or other days if I'm needed on site specifically).
    Does it sound like a grinding noise, or rotational? Could be a wheel bearing. If you get onto them early, it's just the bearing which isn't too expensive. If you leave it too long, the hub might need to be replaced. Happened to me last year.

Administrator

The car i does too. Mostly when it's more sharp turns and while driving slow. It's more of a grinding noise for me. It's had maintenance before and still hasn't been fixed. But this thing has so many issues now I just need something new honestly.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Woof yeah sounds like time for an upgrade
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

I keep putting it off too. A bit picky xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah, now's not really the best time to buy a new car, either.

I mean heck, if I had to buy a new one, I'm not even sure what I'd go for. I haven't really seen any new cars that scream "buy me, you'd love this and it's awesome!"