Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I never knew you could do that. Although during most Zoom calls I'm on, most people don't have their cameras going. I usually keep my off and only turn it on if it's necessary or if most other people have it on.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, not being able to sleep was the same issue my dad had while at the hospital. Every four hours they come to take blood. Even at 4am. It's insane, how can people recover with that going on?

And yeah, it took a dang long time for them to finally have a discharge date. Those two weeks felt more like two months.
    Yeh I got maybe 2-3 hours last night? They’re also horribly understaffed here which means during the day shift, there are times when I don’t get my medicine that I NEED until 2-3 hours AFTER I’m supposed to get it, which screws everything up. We’re supposed to be able to call our personal nurses directly, but I have yet to have them actually answer my call. So then I have to ping the nurse’s desk, but that usually doesn’t do anything.

So as a result of this I’m in pain and have been throwing up way more than I should because I’m not getting what I need when I need it. I get they're short staffed but damn for one of the best hospitals in the country they are not making a good impression.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Sorry to hear that Noble. Yeah I remember how it was in the hospital. Would come in my room in the middle of the night. "Hey we need you to wake up so we can take an X-ray of your chest. Make sure your lung is staying inflated." Then the "oh here's your medicine" or "here's more pain medicine." As much as it helped it was awful getting so little sleep. The second time I was in the hospital longer and it alone wasn't good on my health. The picture they took of me was horrible cause it had been 5 days and no shower. They didn't even let me do anything to clean off until the last day.

I can only imagine how hard it is when they're so understaffed now. A lot of nurses are so overwhelmed too. They do need to be a little more attentive though in patients though. If they don't they couldn't end up having someone get worse off and that's not right at all. Yeah these issues are everywhere though. When I went to the hospital back in late December. I was there nearly 8 hours. All for nothing. Nothing but wasting time and it costing me $800 to be told "it's nothing."

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I’m pretty sure one of the injuries they think I have only resulted because my nurses didn’t give me some of my meds on time.

Either way I’m in the ICU now in preparation for some invasive procedures tomorrow. Since they don’t know what’s going on still, they’re sorta grasping at straws and trying everything they can to get some idea for a treatment plan.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Yeah that's a major part of medicine. If it's not taken on time, things could worsen...and that's not good. It'd be nice if they could do something to help maintain things.

I'm so sorry to hear that Noble. I hate to hear you're having to go through this. Hopefully they can find something soon to help get you through this.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I’m recovering from the procedures now. They initially said they were gonna move me but now they’re saying they aren’t and blah blah blah.

The second procedure’s results are already back and they couldn’t find anything which is both good and bad.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Holy cow.

Hopefully they can move you out of the ICU soon, because that's not a pleasant place to be. I'm a bit shocked it has escalated to be this bad, but I'm hoping at least the worst is behind you and you can at least start toward recovery.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I mean I’m not in critical condition or anything, they just want me under much closer observation for now. I’m finally able to eat a fully liquid diet which is nice. I’m hoping the worst is behind me too. It’s putting a lot of stress on me and my family. Plus I run out of official leave from work this coming Thursday which weighs heavily on the mind.

It’ll work out somehow, I know it.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

yeah probably a good thing being under a closer watch just in case. Since they don't know the exact reasoning yet. Just wish they could help find something as to why.

Still got prayer out for you and your recovery.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have been moved out of the ICU and supposedly am progressing well but they still don't really know what's wrong with me. Gotten a lot of speculations on various ends of the spectrum, but nothing concrete. C'est la vie.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers though. I'll take whatever interventions by whichever deities I can get right now.
    / / / / / / / /