Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah no kidding. I've also been looking into sodium-free salt substitutes cause there's certain foods like eggs that I'm just so used to eating with salt, but it's all potassium!! Which I also have to be careful of!! RAAAA!!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

I know yesterday was odd for me. I was out of energy pretty much all day from around 12pm. I kept getting notices from my watch telling me my heart rate had been over 120 for at least 10 mins. I checked what the watch said it was and it was around 145 at the time. Highest it got was 148. After I got home I rested a bit and it stayed at about 120ish. Today it's only been in the 90s. So not sure what was happening yesterday, but glad it calmed down.

Well hopefully you can find good substitutes. I dunno about you, but I'm a super picky eater xD. Hopefully I'm not that much of a burden to those around me with that...

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Huh yeah that is weird. I'm having to watch my heart rate too though for similar reasons. I remember the doctors saying sometimes with young people are hearts just kinda go fast sometimes for no apparent reasons? That it's likely some sort of latent or subconscious stress but that for people in their 20s and younger it's not the weirdest thing to happen. Definitely keep an eye on it though if it becomes a consistent problem.

I actually am a fairly picky eater which is part of why this is gonna be such a lifestyle change for me, haha. But we're adapting and working through it.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

As a kid I used to be a picky eater. I guess a few bad run-ins with trying new foods really got to me, but as an adult, I've been much more adventurous. I'll usually at least try something before passing judgment, although there's a few things that I'd just have to give a pass.

For me, I'm not crazy at all about tuna fish and I've tried it multiple times. And anything with mayo is usually not something I go for, either. You definitely won't see me diving for a potato salad at a barbecue. xD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I definitely am willing to try new foods and such if given the opportunity, much more so than when I was a kid, but I'm still a picky eater regardless haha. Textures for whatever reason are something I've always been super sensitive to when eating and it just makes things wonky.

I can like tolerate tuna but my mom made me eat it like every day for several weeks during the pandemic so now it just sorta makes my stomach turn.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Ah yeah, olives are another thing I'm not crazy about. I gave them another shot a short while ago and their taste is just... off and kind of distracting from everything else in the salad (usually what I find them in). My dad doesn't like olives either, and he doesn't like mushrooms on top of that (I'm okay with them, though I won't go out of my way to add them in myself).

I also don't care for mustard or American cheese (not fond of blue cheese crumbles either). With cheese, I'd WAY rather have Swiss, cheddar, or provolone. But yeah, quickest way to kill a burger for me would be to put American cheese, mustard, and mayo on that. You might as well dump gravy, peas, and orange slices on my ice cream.

And yeah, I get the thing about textures. That's what really got me as a kid. If something looked messy or slimy, I assumed it would taste terrible and wanted nothing to do with it. So something like a burrito or a pot pie would terrify me as a kid, but now, hey, those are pretty good.

Administrator

Are we trying to see who is most picky here? XD

I hate vegetables. Don't like pickles of any kind or the juice from them. Not a big fan of mustard, but it won't kill me on certain things. I don't care for mushrooms, don't even like them, but if you cook a steak with them (and take them out afterward) it makes the steak taste better.

If some reason the Japanese restaurant o go to makes mine with veggies. It has to be remade or else it taste totally wrong to me. I don't even really like salads. I've tried in the past, but the only place I even liked it a little was Olive Garden drenched in their sauce.

I'm not too picky on a type of cheese. American, cheddar, Swiss, doesn't matter to me. Though I do prefer Swiss or Provolone. But yeah far as burgers go. I'm only for plain with cheese kinda guy. Add some A1 to flavor it more. Like Neo says. Mayo or mustard on it ruins it for me. With the additions of anything else besides the meat and cheese for me.

Oh yeah textures are a major part of deciding too. Slime like was awful. Some other things (like I actually tried Miso soup recently. Had a weird texture to it....but being made with seaweed is why. Not....not a fan. I used to eat pot pie as a kid, but moved away from it. Far away xD.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Honestly with the cheeses you're better of not eating American anyway haha. The amount of sodium in a single slice of that stuff is ASTOUNDING. Swiss seems to be the best overall when it comes to sodium, potassium, etc. as I have recently discovered. Though I will say I am bemoaning the fact that I won't be able to have Havarti as much as I used to. So delicious but so unhealthy for me now.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I don't even know what Havarti is....also then I guess it's a good thing Swiss cheese is my favorite xD. Luckily most places I got that's what they use. If not, provolone.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Havarti is a Danish cheese that my mother and I used to love snacking on, but it's a bit pricey so it was always sort of a treat for us. Now it's even moreso haha.
    / / / / / / / /