Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Games you own but haven't ever played

Maybe you're a Steam player like me, but if you are, I think you might be like me and you have a number of games that are in your library, but you haven't actually even played once (this doesn't count games that you maybe only played once and then shelved shortly after). For me, that list is...

Batman: Arkham City - I played Arkham Asylum on XBox and it wasn't really my cup of tea. Not a bad game, but holy cow, I wasn't very good at it and so often ran into those "so what to the developers want me to do now" situations again and again. I got this as a gift copy and... yeah, I haven't played it.

Black Desert - Steam had this as a free download, which of course has little to no risk, and it just continues to sit uninstalled!

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - I like XCOM 1 and 2, but I've heard this isn't quite as good. Needless to say, I haven't really gotten around to trying it either, though.

Guns of Icarus Online - There was a group of people on PE2K that said "hey, let's set up Guns of Icarus games" and that just never came to be.

Payday 2 - I keep seeing things about this game and I forget if it was a free download, but yeah, I've had this game in my library for years and haven't actually ever played it. I dunno, something about the clown faces irks me. I just hate looking at them.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Given, I have played Shadowrun Returns, but that was honestly a very linear RPG that didn't offer a whole lot of exploring. First I found I made my character wrong and had to start over, and I realized virtually nothing about the storyline or sequence of events changes. I shelved it pretty early and didn't try the other two installments.

Sid Meier's Civilization V - This came with buying XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I've heard good things about it, but again, I tend to shy away from strategy games. The learning curve on some of these, especially with online play, is just scary. xD

Stellaris - Chakra gifted me this game and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I haven't played it. I'm not the hottest player at strategy games and I think I'd be a total nubcake at this one, which looks super-complicated. Sorry, Chakra. :P

Stick Fight: The Game - Robin from the PRS server was really nice to gift me this, but... eh, I kind of don't know why he did. They invited me to join, just simply told him I didn't have the game, and then he bought it for me, which was nice and generous, but he didn't really have to do that. :P

Survarium - I have no idea when or how I got this. It's free to play, but the reviews are mixed and I've heard some iffy things about it.

Tabletop Simulator: - My brother had free copies of this game and he gave me one for my birthday. Cool idea, but I haven't ever actually installed it. So it kind of just continues to sit there among the rest of my collection. xD

Uno - Another gift from Chakra. I just haven't really had the itch to play Uno. Like... in years. xD Thanks anyway, though!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Maybe you're a Steam player like me, but if you are, I think you might be like me and you have a number of games that are in your library, but you haven't actually even played once (this doesn't count games that you maybe only played once and then shelved shortly after). For me, that list is...

Batman: Arkham City - I played Arkham Asylum on XBox and it wasn't really my cup of tea. Not a bad game, but holy cow, I wasn't very good at it and so often ran into those "so what to the developers want me to do now" situations again and again. I got this as a gift copy and... yeah, I haven't played it.

Black Desert - Steam had this as a free download, which of course has little to no risk, and it just continues to sit uninstalled!

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - I like XCOM 1 and 2, but I've heard this isn't quite as good. Needless to say, I haven't really gotten around to trying it either, though.

Guns of Icarus Online - There was a group of people on PE2K that said "hey, let's set up Guns of Icarus games" and that just never came to be.

Payday 2 - I keep seeing things about this game and I forget if it was a free download, but yeah, I've had this game in my library for years and haven't actually ever played it. I dunno, something about the clown faces irks me. I just hate looking at them.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Given, I have played Shadowrun Returns, but that was honestly a very linear RPG that didn't offer a whole lot of exploring. First I found I made my character wrong and had to start over, and I realized virtually nothing about the storyline or sequence of events changes. I shelved it pretty early and didn't try the other two installments.

Sid Meier's Civilization V - This came with buying XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I've heard good things about it, but again, I tend to shy away from strategy games. The learning curve on some of these, especially with online play, is just scary. xD

Stellaris - Chakra gifted me this game and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I haven't played it. I'm not the hottest player at strategy games and I think I'd be a total nubcake at this one, which looks super-complicated. Sorry, Chakra. :P

Stick Fight: The Game - Robin from the PRS server was really nice to gift me this, but... eh, I kind of don't know why he did. They invited me to join, just simply told him I didn't have the game, and then he bought it for me, which was nice and generous, but he didn't really have to do that. :P

Survarium - I have no idea when or how I got this. It's free to play, but the reviews are mixed and I've heard some iffy things about it.

Tabletop Simulator: - My brother had free copies of this game and he gave me one for my birthday. Cool idea, but I haven't ever actually installed it. So it kind of just continues to sit there among the rest of my collection. xD

Uno - Another gift from Chakra. I just haven't really had the itch to play Uno. Like... in years. xD Thanks anyway, though!
    Pffft it's fine xD. I meant to get with you to try playing Stellaris anyway. I'd have to help even teach you since it's so difficult to learn at first. Maybe one day, but if not it's fine. Honestly I totally forgot I even gifted it to you.

There's most likely a list of games I have, but I'll need to go through them again. I'll come back to this and post what I got when I can!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I recall claiming a free download of The Sims 4 when it was being given away for free. Unfortunately, due to certain difficulties with Internet access I wasn't able to download it as soon as I claimed it. My interest dwindled down and when I remembered it, apparently EA did something and I wouldn't be able to play it for free anyway.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    (this doesn't count games that you maybe only played once and then shelved shortly after)
    Oh thank Arceus for that. Counting games I played once would quadruple this list, and it's already pretty long...

Ok, so first off the list of sequels where I have yet to beat the first game:

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - I own this twice, on Steam and PS3, but have yet to finish FFXIII-2 so can't start either.

Persona Q, Persona Q2, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - All three are persona 3/4 crossovers, and I have yet to complete either game.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Been putting off finishing the first game cause I don't want it to end, even though I have the sequel already...

Nexomon: Extinction

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Boney Spirits

Sonic Adventure 2

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Trine 2

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

And now for the ones I have no excuse for:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Bought it cause Pokemon-like JRPG partly made by Studio Ghibli. But then never got round to starting it...

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Got this in a bundle with Spyro Reignited, which is what I actually wanted. So this just sits threre for now.

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time - Got this just after finished the series, but never got round to starting it.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - A gift from my sister-in-law, which I keep forgetting to try out.

Life is Strange - Same as above

Lost Ember - And again ^

Seasons after Fall - I forgot his even existed until just now. No idea when I got it, but Steam says it hasn't been played

The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game, Lego Batman 2, Lego Batman 3 - I normally play Lego games with my sister, but these being on PC are more awkward to set up.

Woven - Got this for almost nothing on the eshop sale one day, have yet to see if it was worth it. (It probably is though. Cost less than Ł1)

Startide - Same as above ^

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - Sequel to one of my all time favourite games, but it very long so I wanted to finish other stuff first. And then I forgot about it. >_<

The Beatles: Rock Band - Bought it to get the instruments for Lego Rock Band a decade ago, and still haven't opened it.

Sonic Riders - Got this to bump up the numbers in a 5 for Ł10 sale with some Spyro games

Sonic Generations - A steam sale was slightly under the minimum for a discount, so buying this got a discount of more than the game cost. Want to finish some of the older Sonic games first.

"Wow! If I had a nickel for every time I bought a Sonic game to get a discount on something else, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. Right?"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The fact that you guys have so many games you’ve gotten and haven’t ever played is kinda shocking to me, because I have played every single game I’ve ever bought or received at least once LMAO. It may have only been once for like ten minutes but I did still play it at least for a little LMAO.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

My best friend got me Mario Kart 8 Delux for Christmas a few years ago, off my list no less and I haven't gotten around to playing it. I bought Pokemon Sword the January following that Christmas and forgot about it.

First and only case. I have played every single other game I've either bought or received at least partially. Including Killer Instincts which had come with my SNES years ago and Yoshi's Island which my mom picked out neither of which had much interested me at first glance (but I had ended up loving them both).