The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar

Pokémon: Snapped Observations{SU;DS, Open]

Pokémon are funny things, aren't they? They can fly, swim, so much more as well! I've been to so many places like Galar and Sinnoh, as well as lesser known places like Almia and Lental. What we know about Pokémon now is barely even scratching the surface of it all, I'm certain of it. So many regions to see, and no way I can achieve it by myself. That's where you, the recipient of this message, come in! I've selected you to be part of a special research trip of mine. We're going to travel the world and try to get a better look at Pokémon as we've never seen them before with the art of photography. Trust me, it's going to be something amazing for you. Feel free to bring a few Pokémon of your own to come along too, but that's not to say there's not going to be chances for you to capture some.
    Very well then, I plan for you and everyone else who I've contacted to meet up with me in Goldenrod City on the 15th of February (NOT in real time) as spring will be an excellent start to the survey. I hope to see you there!
    - Redwood, Global Survey Leader

Welcome to Snapped Observations! This is a roleplay based on two things I love besides from Contests and Showcases: Pokémon Snap and the idea of a research team investigating wild Pokémon. Kinda like New Snap (Plus PLA's research mechanic), but we aren't limited to Lental this time around. We're going global (as seen in the title) to see what really goes on around the world. Seems boring? Not to worry, this isn't just calm observations we have here. You never know if that Blastoise we're keeping an eye on will suddenly lose its cool.

There's going to be three main roles a character can take on here: Observers, Restorers and Improvers.

Observers do the main stuff by heading into the field to study Pokémon by Redwood's request. They also have quite strong and useful partners alongside them in case threats need to be subdued or other incidents rise up.

Restorers are your medics, for both human and Pokémon but they aid Pokémon more. They head out with Observers due to being able to heal any injuries that may arise on either side of the field as well as make sure no conflicts rise up.

Lastly, there's Improvers. They rarely go out on expeditions, mainly staying back at Redwood's camp to improve the overall camp space for Pokémon who couldn't be healed on the field. Don't worry, when a wild Pokémon is healing the team won't leave that region until it's returned safely to its home.

Rather similar to New Snap, we also have requests! Maybe Redwood or a curious civilian wants to know what makes a certain Pokémon tick so Observers will go out and figure out what happens before returning to camp and displaying the information for whoever requested it. Requests will often have the summary of them in the description of them so you know what to do. For example:

1* Request from Anonymous: I really love it when my Popplio makes water balloons, but it never gets them very big and doesn't like to try it. I wonder what happened with them.

This means a character would need to go and find a reason why this anonymous Trainer's Popplio doesn't make bubbles right. In this case all it would need is encouragement from somebody, so the Observer would need to grab a photo of that to confirm the reasoning behind it.

But the more stars a request has, the more vague it gets. Let's say somebody was requesting something about Snivy using its hands rather than its vines. The more stars it would be, the more vague the description would be. Like this:

1*: I know Snivy has vines it uses for most occasions, but I've been thinking what it would use its hands for. If I had to guess, maybe a Berry would make it do that.
    2*: I heard that Snivy uses its arms as well as its vines, but I've never seen that happen. What do you think it uses them for?
    3*: There's a Pokémon around (area) that has hands but never uses them. Could you investigate?

Certain Pokémon have certain difficulty levels for requests, but the completion condition for this example remains the same: A photo of Snivy using its hands to eat a Berry or fruit would be needed.

But how would one KNOW what to do? Well, I've come up with this mechanic based on yet another thing I love: trivia! Here's an example request we'll use to demonstrate.

3*: I heard some crackling around here somewhere but I saw nothing! Now I wanna know what it is!
    HINT: GENERATION FIVE

Any luck, with the hint or without? Well, the Pokémon in this request is Emolga! The crackling sound in particular comes from this part of its Sword entry:
    "As Emolga flutters through the air, it crackles with electricity. This Pokémon is cute, but it can cause a lot of trouble."
    The bits in dark green are what the hint came from, but all you would need to do is tell me what Pokémon the hint is talking about.
    So just saying "The hint is for Emolga" is enough, and that'll open up the request with info on what to do. Don't worry, I can always tell you guys what a hint is for if I make it too vague.

Now for rules! Boring but mandatory, as we all know.
    Spoiler:
    1. All PFQ rules apply. All of 'em. No exceptions, m'kay?
    2. No 18+/ NSFW content will be tolerated here. It's all blech.
    3. While character shipping is 100% okay, please get permission from the other person to have it go ahead. The same goes if you, say, want to ship your Purrloin with their Gossifleur.
    4. Don't be overpowered. That means subduing any Pokémon in one go every time, or fully healing an extremely injured Pokémon with just a single plaster.
    5. Don't control other characters without permission. However, I have full rights to usher everyone along in the RP if I so desire.
    6. I have full right to deny a signup if it doesn't work out. Don't get salty, just take my advice on where you went wrong, edit it a bit and then we'll see how it looks.
    7. Sadly, no Legendaries or Mythicals are allowed to team up with you. Closest you'll get is snapping a photo of one or assisting in healing them.
    8. Keep OOC drama to a minimum, but in RP? Well... we'll see!
    9. If you've got advice or criticism, be sure to let me know! I would 100% appreciate it.
    10. Just have a good time!

And a form, also mandatory as we know.
    Spoiler:
    Character Name:
    Personality:
    Ideal Role (Observer, Restorer or Improver):
    Partner Pokemon:
    Other Pokémon:
    Other:

And here's my form!
    Spoiler:
    Character Name: Shoyoko Reeves
    Sexuality (Optional): Opted Out
    Appearance: Shoyoko stands at 5'2, having tanned skin and a fairly average build. Her double pigtails and eyes are dyed a bright electric blue, while she has a scar on her left arm which she's surprisingly happy to talk about. For clothing she wears a bright blue t-shirt and navy blue shorts, brought together with a pair of pure black sandals to boot. Shoyoko also has a pure white hoodie, but she almost never wears it unless it's mandatory.
    Personality: When you ask her, Shoyoko is brutally honest about herself. In no way is she the sharpest Honedge in the Doublade (or tool in the shed) but makes up for this with a boundless creativity and passion for going everywhere she can go and learning as much as she can while she's there. but at the same time she's very mixed on communication and can be endlessly chatty one moment and refusing to talk the next. Still, it's still clear that Shoyoko has the heart to do this.
    Ideal Role (Observer, Restorer or Improver): She'd like to alternate between Observer and Improver. Because that's a thing. Do all three if you want!
    Partner Pokémon: Patter the Palpitoad. A bit airheaded like his owner, but he always sticks up for her no matter what.
    Other Pokémon: Tiki the Cottonee (F) and Xeta the Tepig (M).
    Other:

When we start getting signups, they'll be sat in here! So no need to scroll all the time to see what somebody looked like.

Shoyoko Reeves (Myself, seen above)
    Sophia Eaton(Faea)

Fortunately this didn't take a whole day to type, but signups are open so if you wanna head out on this global journey I'll be more than happy to have you! Hope to see you around!
    Last edited by C0L0R3D; 01-14-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Why you gotta keep making sign ups that I'm interested in? XD

You can count me in for this too although I'll be finishing my other sign up first sdlkfjsd
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

What can I say, I guess my own interests just so happen to be appealing to you! But yeah, glad to know that’s one person on board with this.

5. This post has been liked by:

Wow, I also find myself interested in this.

Here is a sign up from me!

Spoiler:
    Character Name: Sophia Eaton

Sexuality (Optional): Straight

Appearance: Sophia stands at around 5'1 naturally, though is usually wearing short heels that add an extra few inches to her height. Sophia has quite pale skin, and a rather slim build, though has slight curvature around her bust and hips, with a small waist. Sophia wears her pale blonde hair down, reaching to her lower back, though generally sweeps her bangs to the left side, held back by pale pink headband. Sophia has pale, sea blue eyes, and a soft smile, complimenting a classic, cute look. She wears a pale blue dress with a slight puffed skirt that ends slightly above her knees, and has a white collar, white puffed sleeves, and a white belt cinching her at the waist. In her collar, Sophia has a small pink loose ribbon, matching her headband. She wears white over-the-knee socks, as well as a pair of pale blue mary-jane style pumps. Sophia is always seen carrying a large pink shoulder bag filled with her supplies. This includes a small white medical apron, and gloves for when she is working in the field.

Personality: Sophia has a relatively soft and docile personality, generally being viewed as a kind sisterly type. She is relatively calm and collected, though can be scared in the field, though her previous experiences as an attempted trainer have helped her stay collected most of the time. Sophia is good at diffusing tension, and has a soothing air about her, making her well-placed to assist on observations.

Ideal Role (Observer, Restorer or Improver): Sophia is a Restorer, though is willing to assist in observations where necessary, or if she has time.

Partner Pokemon: Phoebe the Alcremie (F). A bit ditzy and curious, but a very sweet and happy Pokemon always willing to pitch in and help out.
    Other Pokémon: Darcy the Galarian Ponyta (F), Lyra the Petilil (F)

Other: Under pressure from her parents, when she was younger, Sophia departed her home in Ballonlea to take on the Galar gym challenge. However being not particularly suited to be a professional trainer, she came home in shame after failing to get past Kabu. Seeking to better herself, Sophia chose to put her and her Pokemon's supportive skills to the test, and train as a medic.

Interest is 100% interested! You’re in.

Also I’m considering a bit of a plot with Legendaries and Mythicals for this thing but I haven’t a clue on if I need permission for that… would I need the permission from someplace or nah?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Interest is 100% interested! You’re in.

Also I’m considering a bit of a plot with Legendaries and Mythicals for this thing but I haven’t a clue on if I need permission for that… would I need the permission from someplace or nah?
    To use legendaries and what not in your story? Nah! Go for it! Your story your rules mate!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Seriously, no bluffs? Now THAT is news I wanted to hear! This story is gonna get spicy alright.

10. This post has been liked by: