The mountains are calling, and I must go!
There are only a few days until the Mountains of Power event end and if you haven’t yet played through it, you need to! Whether you want to grind XP, shiny hunt new Pokémon, or add to your Pokédex, this event hits all the marks and makes it so easy to do all three. Consider this your wake up call and get playing!
Feel the Power

If you are reading this, odds are you play Pokemon GO pretty frequently, and are still on the grind to level 50. Well lucky for you during the Mountains of Power, the spawns are plentiful, and when you combine that with the XP Challenge for the Season of Heritage, that means even more Pokémon to grind.
Oh, and did I mention that all the event specific spawns can be shiny? It’s true, even Slugma which was added specifically for this event. There has never been a better time to get out there and shiny hunt for new Pokémon to add to your collection.
For those of you who maybe haven’t played in a while, the Mountains of Power is great time to get back into it. By progressing through the Timed Research, you will have the chance to encounter many Pokémon that don’t spawn often, such as Absol, Chimecho and Mawile. And in doing so, you might even level up while playing. It’s the best time to add to your Pokédex and catch up with that friend that plays every day.
If you need more convincing, let’s breakdown what exactly you can find during this event. Any Pokémon with a * has the potential to be shiny.
In The Wild

• Zubat*
  • Machop*
  • Geodude*
  • Onix*
  • Slugma*
  • Nosepass*
  • Barboach*
  • Ferroseed*

In Raids

• Geodude*
  • Onix*
  • Beldum *
  • Bronzer*
  • Ursaring
  • Donphan
  • Medicham
  • Absol*
  • Mega Aerodactyl*
  • Heatran*

Field Research

• Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy = Mawile*
  • Hatch an Egg = Geodude*
  • Walk 1 km = Slugma*

Timed Research

• 1/2
  • Catch 5 Pokémon = Slugma*
  • Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy = Ferroseed*
  • Hatch an Egg = Geodude*

Completing these will get you an Absol*, 1000 Stardust and 10 Great Balls.

• 2/2
  • Catch 6 different species of Pokémon = Chimecho*
  • Earn 2 candies walking with your buddy = Onix*
  • Hatch 2 eggs = Beldum*

Completing these will get you a Mawile*, 2000 Stardust, and 10 Ultra Balls.
Time is running out so be sure you play through the Mountains of Power event before it ends on January 13th, 2022. Now if you’ll excuse me, I still need to find that shiny Slugma!
See you around, Genesect!
The post Why You Need To Play Pokemon GO During The Mountains Of Power appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.