Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Yeah I already plan to actually go with Jirachi instead of Pikachu this time myself. Should be a nice change! =D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    I’m personally swapping from Palpitoad to something else that I love. But with Madder most likely not being around this time, I’ve already planned to make myself the resident duo! Who’ll be my partner, you may want to ask? It’s gonna be… complicated.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Oooo, I like all the gameplay aspects that are being changed- should make it kinda streamlined and probably way less work than season five where we had like... So many things going on ahahahaaaa
    I've got no idea what kind of Pokémon I'll put in! Probably not a wailord :P

YEAH BOOIIIII SIGN ME UP!

5. This post has been liked by:

Man, this is gonna be wild if this goes ahead. I don't think we've seen Xanthe get in on the action and not just narrate (as far as my memory serves anyway), so I got a crazy good feeling about this.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

And… some progress notes! I’d say I’m about… 20% done overall, trying to target the end of the month as a release date. Don’t worry, I promise I won’t April Fools anything on you guys!

DON’T OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS! But note that the only things that are getting spoiled are things you’re going to see in the main sign up thread on Day 1 anyway, definitely none of the truly dark and dirty secrets are getting revealed. But I figured I’d drop delicious breadcrumbs about how things are going while you peeps are waiting. Hopefully you’re all patient!

The official title of the new Stalkers RPG series is Stalkers: Duskwoken. And while it bears many traits and features from previous Stalkers RPG entries, there’s no storyline connection. It’s a whole new slate and different forces of darkness are around!

So far…
    Spoiler:

The map itself is 100% done
    Background lore is done. Definitely different from the cliché Utopia (Heaven) vs Abyss (Hell) kind of scenario.
    35 out of 60 civilians created (so more than half) - Expected completion date 3/19
    33 out of 61 locations created (little more than half) - Expected completion date 3/19

To Dos
    • Stalker stuff (aiming to do more graphics than usual)
    • “Sin Purge” stuff (this is not your traditional Sin Purge thing!)
    • Rules thread - Target completion date is at least by 3/26
    • The polish and other fun bells and whistles

I decided to go for something a little new this time and feature a small fishing town that has a bit of farm area to it, too. If you were around for Season 1, you might get a few vibes from that here, but there’s still a fresh new take on it. Meanwhile, there’s a few fun inner tensions going on. But more on that later!

I’m STILL debating on whether to add combat or not. I tried to change things and I think it’s still a bit too much on the complicated side, but I’m still looking into it. The other thing is I honestly don’t think combat occurrences are going to happen all that often (definitely NOT like Season 5, yikes!), so it may not even be worth it to go too deep into this, but I’m still not totally dumping it as a possibility. So there may not be weapons, but I think protective armor and accessories can still have plenty of use in this.

Stay tuned for more updates! I’ll keep you guys in the know on how things are moving along and when you can expect to dive right this again.

8. This post has been liked by:

Ooh, all looks good so far! Love me some breadcrumbs. And that title... Duskwoken. That's like if you buttered those breadcrumbs, and 9 times out of 10 buttering bread makes it even better!

Still, I'll still be chill if this doesn't get finished by the end of March. The only thing I'm hoping for right now is some favourite 'mons of mine to be part of this cool fishing farm place. But you're the Beautifly in charge, so not like I can do much about that.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Ooh, all looks good so far! Love me some breadcrumbs. And that title... Duskwoken. That's like if you buttered those breadcrumbs, and 9 times out of 10 buttering bread makes it even better!

Still, I'll still be chill if this doesn't get finished by the end of March. The only thing I'm hoping for right now is some favourite 'mons of mine to be part of this cool fishing farm place. But you're the Beautifly in charge, so not like I can do much about that.
    Heh heh, I'll admit I got inspiration from Divinity 2's "godwoken" which has a nifty ring to it, so I played with a few options and this works perfectly. :)

When populating the town, most of the time I randomize a batch of six using this random Pokemon generator and pick the ones that I think fit best, occasionally adding a few off the top of my head that I'd like to see in there and haven't gotten too much chance to shine in previous seasons. Once the full list of civilians is completed, only then do I randomize which ones are Stalkers (although I didn't do this for the first few Seasons). Those that get chosen have a bit of re-adaptation work done to fit their new evil role. I do this because if I just designed the Stalkers right from the start, I have a feeling they'd probably fall victim to tropes and cliches and would be too easy to pinpoint given the personalities and species I'd pick. By doing it like this, it cloaks it much more and makes it harder to guess. Plus civilians I designed to have relatively normal personalities getting chosen to be Stalkers is a fun experience because it always ends up resulting in a few unexpected results. Like a kindly Jigglypuff that likes to garden getting chosen to be a Stalker or a child Oshawott that hates homework and gym class getting chosen to be a Stalker. Adapting them to their new evil roles is actually quite a bit of interesting fun in itself. I often get a "wow, I'm not sure if that's going to work... but... oh wait a minute now..." kind of reaction and then I go to town with it. xD

Yep, being able to go wild is a wonderful thing. You want a green-clothed Mimikyu? Sure! Want that Flareon to be an amputee? What's stopping ya? Does that Pikipek have one too many eyes and toes for your liking? Then... okay, that's too out of hand.

But really, what makes Stalkers Stalkers is really interesting. Gardener, aspiring artist, even a guy rejected from cafés or as you just said, a kid who hates homework and gym class. Anybody can become a Stalker, and the ways they kill are really interesting! Terrifying, but BOY. Makes me wonder if we should purposely not know how these Duskwoken Stalkers kill until after one strikes, so we can get the full fear factor.

Kinda like 'You didn't expect a Pokémon to die by, I dunno, something scrambling up all their organs like a bowl of Cheerios, did ya?!'

12. This post has been liked by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I'd like to say I'm interested too! Idk about anything Stalkers RPG, but I'll be waiting for finalized details.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630