Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Stalkers RPG: Dustwoken Season 1 - Storyline / Sign Up Thread

There is something you must know. Something even beyond dreams. Beyond death. Something that affects us all.

For but just a moment, you feel emptiness all around you. You cannot move, you cannot feel yourself breathe, but you feel as though you are being drifted away like a leaf in the wind. And yet despite this feeling, you remember. Your last memories… of being human, of living with a home, with a family, with friends and your day-to-day life.

What is happening…? You think.

And then you feel yourself materialize once again. Seemingly born anew, but in a body of a Pokémon that’s unfamiliar at first, but then feels nostalgic the next second for the strangest of reasons. As if you’ve been here before. As if you’ve lived another life at another time.

And then it hits you.

You have…

…several times, in fact…

Arise, Savant.

What you are about to be told is far beyond the knowledge of most of the living and is not to be disclosed to those who should not know what lies beyond the veil of life and death.

Vie.

What is “Vie” you ask?

Vie is everything you have ever known in this life and the lives you’ve lived before. The living realm, the universe of all that lives and breathes air, both the born and reborn, and all that exists from the stars in the skies to the far reaches of the ends of space. Humans, Pokémon, and the worlds they share and the worlds they have to themselves. That is Vie.

And then there is Afterhaven, a peaceful place the living and the reborn in Vie don’t remember until after they have passed and now they recall who and what they truly are in spirt. It is here within the safety and sanctuary of Afterhaven where they are judged by what they did and accomplished in Vie. The faithful, the righteous, and just will be reincarnated to return to Vie in a new life. The more righteous and just they were in their previous lives, the more freedom of choice they will have in their decisions of what they wish to bestow in their next life. They will have more options in what they set for themselves in terms of what Pokémon they become, what talents they will be born with, and what kind of family they wish to be born into. On the other hand, those that were cruel are to be reborn with less to their name and with their options greatly restricted, facing humility and poverty where they had arrogance and greed. Those that tumble down this mountain must pursue redemption and correct their ways if they ever wish to embrace a better reincarnation and regain that freedom of choice.

But despite this cycle, there is an end. When a Pokémon has passed through several lives and has lived as a just leader to inspire and strive as a force of good, they are reborn as humans upon the world of Origine, a world of both humans and Pokémon living, working, training, and striving together. It is here where souls, now as humans, embrace the common practice of training and leading a team of Pokémon as an extension of their own leadership and understanding. And it is here where their Pokémon brethren acknowledge and heed their commands, even without directly knowing the human they follow into battle are spirits now at the final stage of their journey in Vie. And yet, despite their lack of this knowledge, they can still feel a commanding presence of spiritual authority within them, even when these humans lack the commanding power of the elements and forces of nature that Pokémon possess. To live a pure life no longer possessing such powers of their own and to assist in the growth and strengthening of their former Pokémon brethren… this is truly the last and final selfless test of these souls.

Should these humans fulfill a life of just leadership under this restriction, the stairway to the heavenly realm of Paradis will be shown before them, and they will ascend to an eternity of peace, prosperity, and fulfillment where all their hopes and dreams can be found in infinite freedom. Humans that fail to show honor and righteousness in this life of humility may have to try again, or even face reincarnation back into a Pokémon depending on how far they tumbled down the ascension of this mountain.

And thus, this is what is known as the “Paradis Ascension.” Only the truly brave, the truly committed, and the truly honorable will reach the top by accepting the sacrifice of the powers they once had as Pokémon in their previous lives and will accept the humility of becoming a human without elemental powers of their own. To lead a team of Pokémon allies of their own, strengthening them through leadership and empathy to help them harness and grow their powers despite no longer possessing such powers of their own, even while the knowledge of the Paradis Ascension is temporarily withheld from their memory…

…this is the true and final test of the spirit of strength and compassion.

Despite all this, there is a safety net, even for the darkest and cruelest of souls that have woefully lost their way. This net, called “Bas,” exists where even these dark souls are not past redemption and can still be given a chance even if they must start from the very bottom of this mountain of ascension to Paradis. At worst, Bas ensures even the most wicked will only be stuck in a loop of miserable Pokémon forms until they learn to correct their ways and learn empathy and compassion from the humility. Even in dark places with dark punishment, there is still a glimmer of hope and a bridge to find their way back.

But Bas did not always exist. There was once the hellish realm of Unohdus, a place of damnation where once the darkest of souls plunged so hopelessly into evil that they were forsaken. And those dark spirits that dwelled in this brutal wasteland of fire and suffering were enslaved and suffered alongside those known as the “Demoni,” dread spirits that preyed upon each other.

Thankfully, Unohdus was destroyed many thousands of years ago, but the mystery remains as to who completed this valorous act and how they accomplished it. There are many who believe such selfless heroes did not wish to be known for their valor, while others believe they did not survive the collapse of Unohdus and made the ultimate sacrifice to destroy this realm of darkness.

Unfortunately, not all was destroyed. A handful of Demoni managed to escape the collapse of Unohdus and discovered a way to cross the veil into Vie itself, hiding among the living, attempting disrupt and break the Paradis Ascension cycle while establishing a new Unohdus. Where this new rendition of Unohdus will be, no one knows, but it must be stopped at all costs…

Savant…

You were a human…

…a human embarking on the final stages of the Paradis Ascension. A human that was formerly a Pokémon multiple times, and proved yourself righteous and honorable throughout most, if not all of those previous lives. But you are needed for a different mission now. A mission to stop the Demoni and their dark intentions of recreating the unholiness of Unohdus… or possibly something even worse.

The Demoni have untaken a new step into darkness: infesting the minds, hearts, and bodies of innocent Pokémon that were simply living out their lives as part of the Paradis Ascension that they remain unaware of. Pokémon that have been assimilated by Demoni are known as STALKERS, helpless victims that the Demoni are using as a conduit to commit their heinous acts of sin. However, they hide among the innocent… living… waiting… hunting… and murdering for some dark, nefarious purpose we are still trying to investigate. We may not know all the answers, but already the first steps of that long path into darkness are splattered with blood and sin.

For this mission, you have been made aware of this divine knowledge in the hopes that it will help you understand what is at stake and know what must be done. The memories, the knowledge, and the awareness of who you once where as a human and in all the previous lives you were a Pokémon now rests in your memories in the hopes that it will aid you. When all of these lives become as one and the knowledge of them all has been rejoined together… that is the true meaning of SAVANT.

Savant…

Step back into what you once were… and what you must become again for the sake of us all. The time has come. The Demoni must be stopped and their dark work must be shut down and eradicated.

Seabourne… it is a small seaside town in the Pokémon world of Étoile that has been targeted by the Demoni. Already several lives have been lost in a dark, sacrificial ritual that the Demoni here have initiated and will continue if not stopped. We do not know what will ultimately arise if they are successful, but we have already caught of glimpse of what may come from the victims they have claimed and it is beyond dreadful. It must be stopped. For this mission, you need to abandon the human body you once had and return to being a Pokémon you once had in a previous life. Now that you have returned to this form, you can blend in and live among the Pokémon of Étoile as though you are one of their own. And in this form, you can find the answers we need and put an end to the Demoni that are hiding here.

And thus the memories come back to you, the memories of all the lives you’ve lived… now in the body of a Pokémon that you were many years ago. At first it feels foreign, but then all so strangely familiar, like coming home to a place you forgot was your home many years ago.

It all begins again right here in Seabourne. Do whatever you can to ensure it does not all end here as well…

For more in-depth information about signing up, please read the Stalkers RPG: Duskwoken Rules thread. Once you are ready, please proceed.

NAME: <What name you wish to be referred to during the course of the RPG.>
    POKÉMON: <Choose your starting Pokémon form, the Pokémon you believe you are deep in your heart.>
    PERK: Select one of the following:
    • Security – You have the ability to pick and bypass certain locked doors and containers, as well as disarm traps.
    • Repair – You have the ability to restore broken devices and objects back to working condition.
    • Diplomacy – You have the ability to persuade other Pokémon into getting what you want from them, including valuable information. You can even convince them into giving up some of their prized possessions.

FIVE POKÉMON REINCARNATION FORMS: – You’ve been a Pokémon several times before in different times, different places, living different lives. Should you perish in your current form, you will return to the body you used to have from a previous life… another life to live again for the sake of the mission…

Savant List

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Chakra the Jirachi (S: Steel / Grass)
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:

Nickolas "Nicklefool" Foligan the Mr. Mime (M: Psychic / Fairy)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20 | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Reincarnation Forms: Hisuian Zoroak, Mr. Rime, Decidueye, Gardevoir, Aegislash
    EQUIPMENT:

Maya the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Reincarnation Forms: Gardevoir, Alolan Ninetales, Meloetta, Baile forme Oricorio, Cinderace
    EQUIPMENT:

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal / Grass)
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Nidorino, Krabby, Blaziken, Ralts, Delcatty
    EQUIPMENT:

Scy the Yanmega (L: Bug / Flying)
    Health: 24/24 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 16/16 | Dodge Rate: 20%
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT:

Scroll the Alolan Vulpix (S: Ice)
    Reincarnation Forms: Shinx, Luxray, Silvally, Ultra-Necrozma, Eternatus
    EQUIPMENT:

Lewisia the Shaymin (S: Grass)
    Reincarnation Forms: Gallade, Arctozolt, Galarian Rapidash, Mawile, Hisuian Typhlosion
    EQUIPMENT:

ChiChi the Tapu Lele (M: Psychic / Fairy)
    Reincarnation Forms: Corviknight, Milotic, Aurorus, Espeon, Alcremie
    EQUIPMENT:

Lyric Winterheart the Nidorina (M: Poison)
    Reincarnation Forms: Brionne, Mega Ampharos, Hisuian Goodra, Latios, Amaura
    EQUIPMENT:
    Last edited by Xerneas; 05-13-2022 at 11:17 PM.

2. This post has been liked by:

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Now THIS is what we’ve been waiting for! But first, some freshly baked Colored lore!
    Spoiler:
    Now I think about it… maybe taking a spoon and making him a fluffy chinchilla wasn’t the best idea around.

…ugh… what in the name of…

Oh, you’re still alive! Thank Xerneas… no time to explain, let’s just get right into- OW!

Not so fast, Colored! Why on EARTH am I like this, and what are we getting into?!

Y’know… wandering around a seaside town, tracking down murderers.

COLORED!

What? Listen, I’m only gonna let you back to the island when you gotta film and stuff. So until then, you’re stuck by my side!

…..this will NOT be fun, will it…?

Not until you potentially get a go! Now onwards, to Stalker busting!

Please, no.

Er… Xerneas, my genderless BRO! Hope that’s chill with ya. You’ve got one Savant coming right up, with a bit of assistance and a trained eye under her belt!

Name: Colored! Silver may take the reins sometimes, just to let you know.

Pokémon: Let’s start strong as a Snivy! Where’s the harm, and what do you mean in fire type attacks?

PERK: Diplomacy
    Both me and Silver here can chat our way out of a fight rather well! For different… reasons…

5 POKÉMON TO RESPAWN AS: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cincinno

I’ll get my Stalk School thread up in the morning… saving the world all starts with applying at 2am.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    Now THIS is what we’ve been waiting for! But first, some freshly baked Colored lore!
    Spoiler:
    Now I think about it… maybe taking a spoon and making him a fluffy chinchilla wasn’t the best idea around.

…ugh… what in the name of…

Oh, you’re still alive! Thank Xerneas… no time to explain, let’s just get right into- OW!

Not so fast, Colored! Why on EARTH am I like this, and what are we getting into?!

Y’know… wandering around a seaside town, tracking down murderers.

COLORED!

What? Listen, I’m only gonna let you back to the island when you gotta film and stuff. So until then, you’re stuck by my side!

…..this will NOT be fun, will it…?

Not until you potentially get a go! Now onwards, to Stalker busting!

Please, no.

Er… Xerneas, my genderless BRO! Hope that’s chill with ya. You’ve got one Savant coming right up, with a bit of assistance and a trained eye under her belt!

Name: Colored! Silver may take the reins sometimes, just to let you know.

Pokémon: Let’s start strong as a Snivy! Where’s the harm, and what do you mean in fire type attacks?

Both me and Silver here can chat our way out of a fight rather well! For different… reasons…

5 POKÉMON TO RESPAWN AS: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cincinno

I’ll get my Stalk School thread up in the morning… saving the world all starts with applying at 2am.
    I’m glad you arrived, Colored. I had a strong feeling you would soon arrive and I’m not surprised to see you are the first. Welcome.

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:

Administrator

Ah what good fun! Time to get this started!

Name: Chakra

Pokemon: Jirachi

Perk:Security

5 Pokemon to respawn as: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

NAME: Nickolas "Nicklefool" Foligan
    "Yes, I'm back. Back again. The Fool's back~ Tell a friend."
    "Really shouldn't have given you access to human music."
    "Oh, hush, this is my show now~"

POKÉMON: Mr. Mime
    "If you don't have duct tape, don't break anything, as Bless always said."

"Tongue of sliver, words of gold... eh, not exactly anything I would put for a second line that rhymes with 'gold.' Shame, I thought I had something."

Resurrection List:
    Hisuian Zoroark
    Mr. Rime
    Decidueye
    Gardevoir
    Aegislash
    "...Excuse me, who snuck some of those in there?"

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

Senior Moderator

Name: Maya

Pokemon: Pikachu

Resurrection List:

Gardevoir
    Alolan Ninetales
    Meloetta
    Baile forme Oricorio
    Cinderace
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Pichu View Post
    Ah what good fun! Time to get this started!

Name: Chakra

Pokemon: Jirachi

Perk:Security

5 Pokemon to respawn as: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    Welcome, Chakra, thank you for joining us in these dark times.

Chakra the Jirachi (S: Steel / Grass)
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    NAME: Nickolas "Nicklefool" Foligan
    "Yes, I'm back. Back again. The Fool's back~ Tell a friend."
    "Really shouldn't have given you access to human music."
    "Oh, hush, this is my show now~"

POKÉMON: Mr. Mime
    "If you don't have duct tape, don't break anything, as Bless always said."

"Tongue of sliver, words of gold... eh, not exactly anything I would put for a second line that rhymes with 'gold.' Shame, I thought I had something."

Resurrection List:
    Hisuian Zoroark
    Mr. Rime
    Decidueye
    Gardevoir
    Aegislash
    "...Excuse me, who snuck some of those in there?"
    Hello, Nickolas, thank you for joining us. May the strength of Vie be with you.

Nickolas "Nicklefool" Foligan the Mr. Mime (M: Psychic / Fairy)
    Reincarnation Forms: Hisuian Zoroak, Mr. Rime, Decidueye, Gardevoir, Aegislash
    EQUIPMENT:

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Name: Maya

Pokemon: Pikachu

Resurrection List:

Gardevoir
    Alolan Ninetales
    Meloetta
    Baile forme Oricorio
    Cinderace
    Greetings, Maya, pleasure to have you with us and to lend your strength in the battle against the darkness.

Maya the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Reincarnation Forms: Gardevoir, Alolan Ninetales, Meloetta, Baile forme Oricorio, Cinderace
    EQUIPMENT:

9. This post has been liked by:

hewwo

Name: Sam
    Pokémon: Deerling

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Name: Scy

Pokemon: Yanmega

Resurrection List:

Heracross
    Scyther
    Centiskorch
    Snom
    Volcarona

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    hewwo

Name: Sam
    Pokémon: Deerling
    Hello, Sam, I am glad to see you have returned. I wish you all the best in your endeavors here.

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal / Grass)
    EQUIPMENT:

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Name: Scy

Pokemon: Yanmega

Resurrection List:

Heracross
    Scyther
    Centiskorch
    Snom
    Volcarona
    Good to see you, Scy, best wishes to you and I thank you for strength and bravery for this mission.

Scy the Yanmega (L: Bug / Flying)
    Health: 24/24 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 16/16 | Dodge Rate: 20%
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT: