Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Okay...that was not what I was expecting...

What is Kurosuōba, and how can I purge it or purify it?

It (and a few other things (I see you Neo)) is Japanese. Its "Crossover". Which is,, intriguing to say the least.

So far we got:
    [Shukufuku no jozai] shukufuku is blessing, jozai is either help or medicine, which all sounds far less ominous than it seemed
    [Burakkupeji] black page
    [Kagami] mirror
    [Shocho] eh, best I got is "chief" but that would actually be shochō. Might not be Japanese, or it could just be because I'm not actually very good at Japanese
    [Shōchō] emblem
    and
    =Majutsu Investigation Report= majutsu being black magic
    Last edited by sammy0295; 05-08-2022 at 03:11 PM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

It (and a few other things (I see you Neo)) is Japanese. Its "Crossover". Which is,, intriguing to say the least.

So far we got:
    [Shukufuku no jozai] shukufuku is blessing, jozai is either help or medicine, which all sounds far less ominous than it seemed
    [Burakkupeji] black page
    [Kagami] mirror
    [Shocho] eh, best I got is "chief" but that would actually be shochō. Might not be Japanese, or it could just be because I'm not actually very good at Japanese
    and
    =Majutsu Investigation Report= majutsu being black magic
    Ah ha ha, ok, ok, the gig is up, you got me. xD

And yeah, I think my little accents on the Os got wiped or misplaced, but it should be Shōchō.

4. This post has been liked by:

Got more japanese

"Michana, Yume and I are as one as I speak to the dreams"
    if michana means something in japanese I can't figure out what, but Yume is dream.
    "But alas the final step remains untaken, the dorimugeto set"
    dorimugeto is just "dream get"
    "Shadoupureto"
    shadou is shadow, pureto i'm uncertain. for the record, i believe it is an english word written with japanese sounds so if yall have any guesses?
    "kage no Shukufuku"
    shadow's blessing
    "Shado Sunadokei"
    shadow hourglass
    "Shadoutsuru"
    shadow again, tsuru could be the verbs to hang or to lure/to fish. or it could be crane, the bird. japanese has a lot of homonyms. not sure bout this one
    "Shadoumemorizu no hon"
    book of shadow memories
    "I could have made Yum no Saidan whole once again"
    assuming yum is a typo, yume no saidan is alter of dreams

and Ohnashan, I think, is just a name, not Japanese.

6. This post has been liked by:

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    All very interesting finds! From what I've made out, we have a Stalker kinda similar to Labyrinth on our paws. Trying to leave but only ending up somewhere new, not to mention thorny vines... c'mon. It's like a Labyrinth-Philter hybrid! Labphter? Still, let's not jump to blame a grass type right off the bat.

We also have two 'mons to focus in on, Raboa and Vocco. If someone can cover that Umbreon tonight in my place, I could look into this thieving Wigglytuff. Doesn't look like anyone is particularly restricted to day and night cycles, so I could try and knock some smack into the guy.

EDIT: Nix Vocco. Y'know that note we found regarding a 'Sarkkan'? Just so turns out there's a Beautifly in town with that exact name. I'm on his trail tonight.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

8. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

"Yes, I was hoping to cover the Wigglytuff myself, I have am itching feeling they don't remember why or how they came into their "wares." A bit of probing should reveal whether they have the practiced lies of a skilled fence, or the generic, nervous answers of someone with another in their head who has sticky fingers when it comes to the history of their goods.

Additional thought - We should consider the possibility of a Stalker who throws chaff when they kill - Stolen things winding up at the scene of a murder, possibly with fur or scales attached to lead us down a false trail.
    "

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Mhm, while I do get what you have in mind with the memory idea, keep in mind it may not totally seal the deal on a Stalker being the cause. Vocco here may just have some genuine memory issues if we ask someone.

But a stalker who leads us down the wrong trail intentionally? That’s something to consider for sure.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

"Alright, I know we had said to prioritize searching, but I thought it best to at least speak with our host on what she knows, first. I know Stalkers can be anyone, but I thought it best to at least learn what Benni knows, since at the moment, she's something of our closest ally, given she's opened her home to us. I'm inclined to trust her, if for no other reason than that, at least for now."

"The first thing she said of note was about Raboa, the Drapion. Apparently they used to be friends, but Raboa has grown especially bitter as of late and even snapped at Benni when Benni tried to reach out to her about breakfast and such. Benni thinks it might have something to do with the fact that Raboa recently started carrying around a black flower, which apparently don't grow much around here. Considering Raboa works at Kako Farms, perhaps myself and someone else could team up to search the fields and farm for any potential stalker leads. It's possible Raboa, or someone else who works there, is using it as a base of operations for Stalker activities."

Lewisia tilts her head in thought as she reads through her notes. "I'm wondering if whatever this is Raboa has isn't actually a flower, but rather some sort of artifact related to the Stalkers that might be influencing her behavior. Perhaps someone with Diplomacy could go speak with her on it? Benni mentioned seeing a pitch black vase with red markings on it at the market the other day, and that upon touching it, she was overcome with a horrible feeling that ultimately gave her horrible nightmares the following night. I wonder if these artifacts are somehow influencing people's behavior and spreading the Stalker's control over the town. Like they're making them or something. Regardless, it might be worth checking out the Macro Market to see if we can find that vase and remove it from the premises before anyone else does."

Lewisia puts a paw to her chin in thought. "Benni also mentioned the nightmare featured her being chased on a factory and that thorny vines were coming up from everywhere in the factory to attack her. She also said she couldn't understand logical reason anymore. I wonder if that's a hint at the power of the Stalker that made the vase? Assuming the Stalkers are the ones that made them. Still, I think it's worth checking out the Percho Mill and interviewing Beltha the Salazzle, since that would match the factory setting, and Beltha owns it. Perhaps if we find anyone who works there, we could interview them too." Lewisia sets aside her notes and bows her head. "Hopefully that helps! If you all have anything in particular you'd like for me to do next round, I'm all ears!"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

12. This post has been liked by:

Oh... Ohhh... I feel terribly strange... Like some black magic has seeped into my soul...
    I don't think I can search anywhere tonight! It would be too dangerous. I'm going to interview at night instead....

But who should I interview? We have so many people on our list now- can someone help me figure out the toughest nut to crack, and I'll go to them with diplomacy?

Senior Moderator

I'm a little leery about searching too--I'd hate to see what happens when someone maxes out the amount.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

15. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I'm a little leery about searching too--I'd hate to see what happens when someone maxes out the amount.
    i'd love to see it o.o