Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The Stalkers RPG: Dustwoken Season 1 - General Chat Thread (Savant Hideout - Beachwood Farmstead)

Before you on the outskirts of town lies the old farmstead owned by Benni the Appletun. As you arrive with your fellow Savants at the farm, it seems you have no place to stay for the time being, although it seems Benni was almost expecting your arrival. She seems welcoming, although somber and lonely.

“Welcome,” she tells you, smiling a bit though feeling nervous. “Someone left me a note and asked if I would be willing to give you a place to stay. They told me you would be trying to help us…”

She shivers a bit, looks away for a moment, and then looks back to you.

“Please… help us…” she begs.

After regaining her composure, she shows you around the old farmstead, which still seems to be in working order and shows how much care Benni has put into it, although she has been trying it all by herself without much help.

She has had a few empty beds available for you, as well as plenty of storage space. You get the feeling with the size of the farm and the homestead, there used to be a much bigger family here at one point, but now it’s only Benni by herself. You have the feeling simply being here, helping the town, and simply giving her more company than the ghosts of yesterday has already slightly lifted her spirits up.

Now that you’re here, you’re hoping you can prove her hospitality was placed in the right hands…

This is the place for Savant chat and for discussing plans, tactics, what to do next, and can also be used for working out puzzle solutions (if you submit them here, please mention me so I can check the solution!)

Just some easy to follow ground rules:

• Be kind, be friendly, be considerate! You're all on the same team, it's not a competition. The Demoni are your enemies, not your fellow Savants!
    • New members are ALWAYS welcome! I understand that while we have a few Stalkers RPG veterans who have been with us since Season 1 in the Legacy Version, I get that new people are always coming by. And that's still awesome, it's great to have everyone along!
    • You are totally welcome to meta-game and do some role play in here. Heck, we've even had fan art made, so that's totally welcome as well! Also, you never know who else may swing by this old steel mill while your mission is ongoing...
    • If you have any questions, please ask them in the Q&A thread! Although if you forget by chance, not a biggie, I'll still try to answer them.
    • You are totally welcome to make additional discussion threads beyond this one. It can be useful if you just want your own personal staging area to review notes, or make a poll in order to work out a team decision. That's been done in the past!

Also, you're totally free (and encouraged!) to use PMD portraits whenever you speak.

[imgfloat=left]imageLinkHere[/imgfloat]

Text here! It will appear in the middle if it's two lines down. But if you're saying a lot, you might want to have it one line up.
    In practice:

Cheers and good times!

PSMD Mugshot resource (no gen 7 or 8, sorry!): here!
    Party icon sprites resource: here!

News and Updates:
    • [4/28/2022] Threads coming up, stay tuned!
    • [5/1/2022] - Starting date is 5/6/2022! Be there!

Useful Links:

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    2CE165CB-3526-4DD6-B6E4-0EAA18EBA58A.jpg
    Nice, a farmstead! I always thought that we had to find shelter ourselves, but this works as well. So don’t worry at all, Benni. I’m confident this town is in safe hands!
    4BD30545-48C1-4113-BA01-E27F51337A32.jpg
    Also… don’t worry about Silver wandering off every now and again. He’s still not all too happy about turning to a fluffy chinchilla. He’ll adjust, probably.
    Last edited by C0L0R3D; 04-29-2022 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Turns out putting stuff in the centre works just as great as the image float thing!

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

3. This post has been liked by:

Hello there, it’s good to meet you all, and thank you for your words of comfort, Colored.

I just don’t know what is happening to our town lately. I’ve been trying to keep safe and quiet, but I’ve still been hearing bad news from the others. Talks of Pokémon being murdered, dead bodies being found in gruesome ways… I’ve been trying to keep quiet and only visit town when I need to. Keeping things in order here is a full-time job and times are hard as is, but it’s good to have company once again. I hope you find it comfortable here and if there’s anything you need, please let me know. I can’t say I’m big on cooking either, especially when it’s been just me for the past few years. I hope most of you will be fine with soup, sandwiches, salads, and some good fruit and vegetables. I don’t know where you all come from, but hopefully I can make this place feel like home to you all.

The letter I was given told me you all would be trying to investigate this. That you had a special… something no other Pokémon has. Well, I hope it comes through for our sake. I’ll admit, we don’t have the most cordial or politest police force around these parts. While I would say that would be a good place to start getting answers, you might have some trouble dealing with them. I’ve heard a few things here and there about them and, well, let’s just say it’s not a good idea to go digging for trouble in Seabourne, here. There’s also the Seabourne Coast Guard, which might have seen a few things, too. I don’t know too much about them, but I’m sure they’re hard at work with what’s been going on.

While I know you most likely want to get started right away, I still need some time to get things together here. This happened quite suddenly and I need to get some things in order and make sure we can stay safe and hidden up here. That and I’m sure you’ll need some storage space and beds prepared.

I suspect we should be ready in about four days. That should give you enough time to get settled in and comfortable.

5. This post has been liked by:

7FD3AF30-D920-4AFC-9A7B-B6FA2EB51EA3.jpg

Wow, that’s barely any time at all! But hey, I’m ready to dish out some serious justice. Also…

9D381ACF-F816-4598-A9C9-C4426D612517.jpg

I’m surprised the others haven’t swung by here yet. But hey, they’ll pop up in their own time. Until then, I guess-

EB78E20E-32C2-43CE-9F47-20290600AE0D.jpeg

YOU NEVER SAID THERE WERE OTHERS!

4E3F26E1-D9DC-475E-B46B-2713669C2A77.jpg

Try not to freak out too much, we haven’t even started yet.

Senior Moderator

Thank you Miss Benni, for your kind hospitality. We're going to everything we can to save this place, or die trying.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

He crawled from the attic, which is unsettling. It implies he got here first.
    "Or that I climbed up the far side of the house to make an entertaining entrance..." he says to Nobody in particular. Brushing the glass of a broken window off his shoulders, he looked around and sighed.

"Y'know, I was hoping that the world wouldn't be in such a way, this time... Shame on me for forgetting what the Stalkers are if given freedom."

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    7FD3AF30-D920-4AFC-9A7B-B6FA2EB51EA3.jpg

Wow, that’s barely any time at all! But hey, I’m ready to dish out some serious justice. Also…

9D381ACF-F816-4598-A9C9-C4426D612517.jpg

I’m surprised the others haven’t swung by here yet. But hey, they’ll pop up in their own time. Until then, I guess-

EB78E20E-32C2-43CE-9F47-20290600AE0D.jpeg

YOU NEVER SAID THERE WERE OTHERS!

4E3F26E1-D9DC-475E-B46B-2713669C2A77.jpg

Try not to freak out too much, we haven’t even started yet.

Whoa there, it’ll be okay. No reason to cause a ruckus, now. Let’s just all try to remain calm if we can, but if things get rough out there, come on back and take as much time as you need. I know from the past that it’s best not to rush into things sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Thank you Miss Benni, for your kind hospitality. We're going to everything we can to save this place, or die trying.

Oh hun, I truly hope it doesn’t come to any one of us dying. We’ve lost a number of good folks already. Listen, if any of you find something bad and you need to take a breather here, I’ll be here for you. You’re not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    He crawled from the attic, which is unsettling. It implies he got here first.
    "Or that I climbed up the far side of the house to make an entertaining entrance..." he says to Nobody in particular. Brushing the glass of a broken window off his shoulders, he looked around and sighed.

"Y'know, I was hoping that the world wouldn't be in such a way, this time... Shame on me for forgetting what the Stalkers are if given freedom."
    I hope you didn’t cut yourself on that window up there. I’ve been meaning to fix that old thing and just haven’t gotten around to it…

Is that what they’re called? Stalkers? I don’t know much about them or if they have some kind of history, but that does seem rather fitting given what they’ve been doing to unsuspecting folks around here. No one has said anything about seeing them or finding one of them, but then again, I haven’t been out there asking around myself. I have seen folks trying to watch their backs and I’ll admit this all has made it easy to jump at any sudden noises.

Whoever they are, they’re hiding well, but I’m hoping you all can find those hiding spots and send them running for the hills. But if I do come across something out there that doesn’t seem right or if I overhear something, you’ll all be the first to know.

10. This post has been liked by:

(Due to a computer meaning no portraits to use... coloured text time.)

Hey, don't worry about it. I know the words to use in order to avoid disclaiming this stuff, and I can ensure said words shall be used. And try not to mind how Silver is. He's... not the best with a lot of stuff.

But on a non-roleplay note, I'm just excited to see how the map and suspect list is gonna look. Although it doesn't take much for me to think Benni here is innocent 99 times out of 100 if she happens to be on it. And note to Neo if he reads this, still no pressure on getting those out.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    (Due to a computer meaning no portraits to use... coloured text time.)

Hey, don't worry about it. I know the words to use in order to avoid disclaiming this stuff, and I can ensure said words shall be used. And try not to mind how Silver is. He's... not the best with a lot of stuff.

But on a non-roleplay note, I'm just excited to see how the map and suspect list is gonna look. Although it doesn't take much for me to think Benni here is innocent 99 times out of 100 if she happens to be on it. And note to Neo if he reads this, still no pressure on getting those out.
    From the quiet shadows of the Beachwood Farmstead dining room where you now stand emerges a mysterious figure, making almost no sound at all, causing you to question if he even emits a sound while softly breathing. As you look upon this mysterious shadow now materializing before you, you feel almost as if he’s both attached and detached from this world and plane of existence, an ethereal trait and aspect you might expect from some mysterious god or angelic being. You’re not even sure if Benni can see what you see now standing before you, or if from her point of view, there is nothing even there at all and only your Savant eyes can see him.

The shadow takes form and you are almost inclined to believe this is an otherworldly Raichu at first, but then on a second glance… no… there’s something more to this conundrum here. It seems as though he has worn many faces, many identities as of late, like an enigmatic shapeshifter wandering the labyrinth of reality and the other planes that he knows of. But the figure’s eyes reveal more to you, an answer hidden in the shadows that can be easily overlooked by many that don’t stop to take that second glance… if they can even behold this mysterious figure in the first place...

Only then do you realize this Raichu is disguised. A voice in your head suddenly whispers the answer in your head. No… this is no ordinary Raichu. In fact this isn’t even a Raichu at all. This is in fact an extraordinary Emolga…

…and then you see he is the sky squirrel named NEO, wearing his distinctive crescent moon-shaped necklace and a confident smirk. In his presence, you almost sense a mysterious aura… not of shadow or darkness… but one of magic, mischief, and whimsy, the kind you might experience being in the presence of faeries…

Hi there! Pst, it’s me, Neo Emolga!

Oh, you’ll get to see how everything looks this Friday when I post all the stuff the mysterious dark fog now surrounding the town is cleared and you can venture out of the farmstead to check out whatever you like and talk to all the suspects! How do I know that? Oh, I know many things!

…many, many things…

See, I’ve been preparing for quite some time here! Who knows what you might find out there!?

Who knows… … … I know. Because I know everything….

Farewell, my friend! I’ll be watching!

...I’ll always be watching…

The mysterious disguised Emolga then walks out the old farmhouse door and as you watch him leave, he then mysteriously takes flight over the large field where Benni grows her crops. He shows his true form but for just a glimpse of a second as he glides into the sky with his membranes attached to his wrists and just next to his feet. He glides upward like a shadowy, ethereal kite toward the gray cloudy skies before he passes through the veil and crosses into another plane of existence. The dream-like vision quickly fades into the skies and as you look back to Benni standing a short distance behind you, she looks to you, wondering why you’re gazing up at the sky, as if your eyes have been gazing into a mysterious, faraway place…

From that moment of disbelief, you realize she never saw anything that you beheld just now…

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lewisia gazed around the farmstead at the others. They were causing quite the ruckus, but she didn't mind. The more that were here, the easier, she thought, it would be to solve the problem at hand. The farmstead was cozy, at least, and a nice place to rest for the time being until the dark fog cleared from around the time. This was as good a place as any to get acquainted with her allies in the coming days, weeks, or however many months it took for them to resolve the conflict involving these evil beings known as the Stalkers.

Not me just deciding to go absolutely off model for Lewisia's design LMAO. Another Shaymin joins the collection!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

14. This post has been liked by: