Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    BA58B94D-8A35-4D5D-BC32-EC1B5ECC699C.jpg

Well, ya know what they say! Night time is the right time to dig into religions that aren’t correct despite their sheer devotion!

529150D7-6CD1-4026-BEAA-14D4CDD67B77.jpg

That came out very wrong. Sorry. Anyways…

D55D9F5E-88E4-4AF3-8BB7-AC6C9CE3FDC5.jpg

Hey there! I’ve been told to have a chat with you from somebody else, mostly about helping you and the other Eonologists out a bit. Surely won’t hurt for some divine favour from the Eons, right? Plus, any chance you’ve seen stuff that may relate to these Stalker folk? Sorry if that kinda… drags down the mood.

[Action decided: Interview 30, Jamsaki the Servine. Chat about anything I could do for some good old divine favour, as well as some hints regarding any potential Stalker sightings.]

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Administrator

So the rumor of this place is there's some unexplained clicking sound. I wonder what could be causing that. Maybe this place is due to some investigating. So I'll put my detective hat on and do some sleuthing here myself!

Search: (41) Oceanwatch Condominiums

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

3. This post has been liked by:

Search (59) The Slacker’s Shack

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

I will talk to Caily the Charmeleon tonight
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

He attaches The Rose to his chest like a corsage. Good thing it was untrapped, the thing would flatline him easily!

"Alright, loose ends time. Equip the Security Armor from inventory, then PUT THE THING IN THE THING!

...By which I mean stab the vase at the Macro Market with this spooky rose and try not to die horribly. Full health's gotta count for something, right?
    "

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

8. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'll search (5) Jadebreeze Forest.
    Last edited by Scytherwolf; 05-22-2022 at 05:10 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I can't say I seem to recall every attending a school before. Hm... well, regardless, I'll be attending one now, even if I doubt this is the intended way to do so. Perhaps I'll still be able to garner some knowledge from this higher institute of learning? Let's find out. Time to search (28) Beachwood University.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

11. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DayBreak View Post
    Attachment 2049
    " You know what. I hate being forced to run away and I hate leaving business unfinished even more. I'm gonna go back to those docks and check out that Silent Song Ship, and if need be I will knock some heads!! "

Attachment 2050
    " I am just staying far away from that horrifying monstrosity this time. When the sun rises I'm probably gonna take out some interviews because I'll probably have all the excitement I can handle for a while in today alone... "

Attachment 2051
    " .... Xerneas, If I die again, you had better not reincarnate me as a Latios. That'd make things real awkward with interviews... "
    Gathering your bravery, you decide to head back to the Pleasant Waters Harbor, but this time to investigate the lone “Silent Song” ship. After what you experienced before, you set your mind and spirit to be ready for anything. The moon is high and it lightly illuminates the ground below with its faint glow. Rather than seeing it as eerie, you see it as hopeful, and that light can pierce through even in the darkest of places, driving back the cowardly shadows.

The journey southwest almost plays as it did before. For now, you’re not worried about the deranged clockwork door you came across earlier despite its disturbing apparatuses and the hideous noise it made. As soon as you arrive at the harbor, you head directly for the ship itself, still being pushed and buffeted by the waters. You see the moon reflecting off the waves as your blue clawed feet set foot on the wooden docks. It’s very quiet tonight, but you can still hear the waves below and all around.

You hear the creaking noise of the ship once again…

Runnn..” the moaning sound creaks out.

No.

Despite the weathered condition of the wooden ship itself, you board it, taking care to watch your step to make sure the wood you step on looks strong and stable enough to support your weight. You imagine it’s been years since anyone has been here, but nonetheless, you keep watch on every shadow, trusting none of them. Despite your heart racing, you investigate the deck, leaving no corner of the ship overlooked.

You don’t find anything of value on the deck itself. Anything that’s made of wood is splintering and most of the metal components have become worn and rusted over. You then investigate the bow and the stern, but you don’t find anything that raises any red flags. All there is here are frayed ropes, broken tools, and splintered crates and buckets.

You then decide to head below deck to see if there’s anything here. You look around in the dark and dimply-lit corridors and see most of the ship has been stripped clean of anything useful, leaving only the broken, rusting, and splintering remains behind. You get the impression this ship was once used as a small cargo freighter, but clearly those days are long behind it now. The barrels left behind are incapable of holding anything liquid with the amount of wear they have taken and the crates look like they could easily break and collapse if anything over twenty pounds was stored within them. Clearly if there was anything salvageable on this ship, it’s been taken away.

It isn’t until you get to the back of the cargo hold that you come across something you were not expecting to see.

And you realize you’re not alone on this ship…

“Noo…” the voice moans. “Please… just let me die already…”

You remain quiet, not sure if this is some kind of illusion or trick considering what you experienced before at the harbor itself. You steel yourself, preparing for anything as your heart pounds in your chest.

“Why…?” the voice asks. “Why do this…? Haven’t I suffered enough…?”

You soon find out where the voice is coming from. You do a double take to see before you… a Starly has been crucified to the back wall of the ship’s cargo storage area with his spread wings and feet having been nailed against the wall. What strikes you as especially disturbing is the blood-soaked white and gray bird absolutely should be dead given the condition of his ravaged and broken body, but still lives… somehow.

You sense some dark, foul work has been done here. This Starly’s corpse has been seemingly reanimated, similar to a zombie, locked in an undead state between life and death. But unlike the zombies you traditionally know, the poor bird’s personality and consciousness is still there and he’s not out to devour the flesh of the living. Meanwhile, you see the poor bird has been permanently blinded on top of all the additional misery he’s been put through.

“Who… are you?” you ask.

The very sound of your voice suddenly makes him lurch. It seems as though the only visitors he’s had on this ship is the Stalker who did this to him.

“Ralon… oh help me… help me… whoever you are…” he moans. “It’s… E-Exonull… Exonull did this… to me…”

Eẍ̱͎͙̥̩̮́̽͊̑̿͑o͉̮̹̮̳n̟̥̓̔u̗̱̳̗̲̹͗ͥ̾̇͌̋l̗̳̖̉̉̄̐ͅl̯̲ ͓͇̤͉͚…

The very Stalker known to have a deep loathing for flying Pokémon. The very one that murdered Scy just last night. And what you see before you is nothing but pure, heartless cruelty. You feel pure anger gather in you, making you restless until you see justice for the heartlessness has been done here.

“What can I do?” you ask Ralon.

“Exonull… is trying to kill my whole family, using me as bait!” he cries out. “Exonull taunts me every night about it. You need to warn my dad Verio and my mom Farshira not to try and search for me. And tell my sister Kammia and my brother Krago the same! Tell them… I’m gone…”

“What about you?” you ask. “What… happened to you?”

“I… I can’t live like this, my body is in… so… much… pain…” he cries. “I shouldn’t… even be alive. I need… I need… my spirit… it’s been chained to this dead body. There’s only one way to break the link…”

“And what’s that?” you ask.

“…A stake to the heart…” Ralon tells you. “Not just any stake. It was driven through my heart before, but a dark encryption was put onto it. It locked my spirit in my body… and I can’t… die. It… has to be driven back in to cut the link… and… and allow me… to pass away.”

“What about Exonull?” You ask, hoping to get the identity of the Stalker that did this. “Who is Exonull? They need to be stopped!”

“I… wish I knew for sure, but my eyes are gone…” Ralon tells you regrettably. “Exonull’s voice… sounds feminine. Young. I… don’t know much else… I’m sorry. Everything… hurts so… much…

“It’s fine,” you tell him, “that’s already a big help. Just don’t give Exonull any clue anyone else was here. I’ll find this encrypted stake. Do you have any idea where it might be?”

“I… I don’t know…” Ralon weeps. “She could have hidden it anywhere. Please… please hurry…”

{Crucified Starly Effigy: Stake Sacrifice} has been noted in the Team Records.

“Just hold on… I’ll be back…” you assure him.

“You’ll be home, soon.”

Home. A second chance in Afterhaven, to be born again and away from this dark, forgotten place. A chance at a new life awaits Ralon if you can find this encrypted stake… and free him from this terrible pain.

You head up and back on the docks of the Pleasant Waters Harbor, heading back to Benni’s farmstead… trying to figure out where this stake could possibly be in Seabourne…

Lyric Winterheart the Nidorina (M: Poison)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 14/20 | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Brionne, Mega Ampharos, Hisuian Goodra, Latios, Amaura
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    BA58B94D-8A35-4D5D-BC32-EC1B5ECC699C.jpg

Well, ya know what they say! Night time is the right time to dig into religions that aren’t correct despite their sheer devotion!

529150D7-6CD1-4026-BEAA-14D4CDD67B77.jpg

That came out very wrong. Sorry. Anyways…

D55D9F5E-88E4-4AF3-8BB7-AC6C9CE3FDC5.jpg

Hey there! I’ve been told to have a chat with you from somebody else, mostly about helping you and the other Eonologists out a bit. Surely won’t hurt for some divine favour from the Eons, right? Plus, any chance you’ve seen stuff that may relate to these Stalker folk? Sorry if that kinda… drags down the mood.

[Action decided: Interview 30, Jamsaki the Servine. Chat about anything I could do for some good old divine favour, as well as some hints regarding any potential Stalker sightings.]
    Interview Rapport: EXCELLENT
    Same species line

Based on what Myta told you, you decide to seek out Jamsaki, and you easily find her at the Southshore Chapel this evening. As you see her, she seems calm and relaxed, as though the threats of the Stalkers and the Birthright worshippers haven’t even made a dent on her spirit.

You approach her, introducing yourself and offer to help her and the other Eonologists a bit. And you also inquire about the Stalkers, hoping to figure out what she knows. A warm and welcoming smile comes over her as she’s delighted to make your acquaintance.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Colored! I hope you’ve been well this evening and I hope you feel welcome here at Southshore Chapel.”

“I’m also thankful for your offer to help us and our parish,” she continues. “As the head priestess, I’m always happy to see newcomers. I know these are difficult times we are facing, but our faith in the eons and in our families will guide and protect us. Always.”

“As the brother and sister creators guide and watch over each other and us all, we need to do what we can for each other regardless of who stands in our way.”

“Indeed, we need to help each other in these circumstances.” Jamsaki tells you, nodding and expressing her appreciation at your offer to assist. “I’m not sure if you’ve seen the eon statues out front, but unfortunately someone vandalized them yet again. Now, very often I know exactly who the vandals are and they’re always Birthright fanatics. And like the walls, the grounds, and the other statues we have here, often they vandalize using paint or by damaging the property itself.”

“But this is something different. I’ve sensed a darkness in those two statues that is unlike anything the Birthright vandals do. And I believe this is the work of the Stalkers you speak of. While it might be a coincidence, it just feels unlikely this is the case.”

“At first I confronted Kulsso about this,” Jamsaki explains, looking like she isn’t fond of this memory. “We got into an argument and he believed I was accusing him when really I just wanted answers. But they’re always like that.”

“I don’t dare go to Junlus because I know it would turn into a physical brawl and that’s the last thing we want between our two parishes.” Jamsaki explains, realizing the situation has been very volatile. “But I saw Kulsso the other day at the library. And he had one of those eyes with him. It immediately made me think of the damage that was done to the eon statues and I think it’s related, but I don’t know if he’s responsible for it. He’s obsessed with that dark eye and I can almost sense it has polluted and corrupted his already malevolent mind. I don’t know where he found it but it’s definitely not his.”

“And it almost reminded me of the eye I saw at the Charms and Chimes gift store,” Jamsaki recalls. “I’ve shopped there before and there’s all kinds of colorful and cute baubles and trinkets. But that bloody eye on that display shelf… it was so out of place. I know I should have mentioned something to Jupo, but I don’t think she would take the situation seriously. With how carefree she is… I’m always concerned. I would hate to see something horrible befall her because of her oversight. She’s… just too blissfully naďve. But if you could look into this for her sake, I would appreciate it. And I need someone to talk to Kulsso. I need the truth about what he knows, and why he holds onto that eye.”

“Maybe there’s something else you can help me with, Colored,” Jamsaki tells you, showing you a glowing orb that has a milky haze swirling around in it. “I found this… strange globe this other day on one of my morning walks in Jadebreeze Forest. I’ve tried to figure out what it means, but I’m still not sure and I’m thinking maybe it’s time I have someone else look into it. What do you think?”

She then presents the milky orb before you, and you hold out your green hands to receive it. As the orb rolls out of her small, green leaf-like hands and into your hands, suddenly you feel a strange sensation…

Colored has inherited 3 points of Kurosuōbā…

You feel distant for a moment, almost as if in a trance. Before, the orb seemed like a seemingly meaningless milky crystal ball, leading you to believe it was some purely ornamental bauble. But as you hold it before you, it almost seems to make a bit of sense, like a dream you suddenly remembered after waking up just moments ago. You can almost make out images… scenes of things happening at this very moment. For a second, you swear you can see a glimpse of Lyric the Nidorina investigating what looks to be an old ship… and Benni… heading off to sleep.

Is this… are these visions what’s happening now?

And then you realize Jamsaki does not see the same things you do. She only continues to see the white milky haze that has no answers and shows her nothing. But to you… there is something more to this. There is an indefinable mysterious power here that permeates you, but you still remain unable to understand the complexities to this otherworldly relic…

@[Shiryoku] - ~3 Kurosuōbā has been added to the Team Inventory.

What created this… where is it from?

You shiver, but you can only tell Jamsaki one thing.

“I’ll… look into this,” you tell her, still trying to grasp what this is all for. “Thanks.”

“I appreciate it, Colored. I wasn’t sure if there was anyone out there that I could trust with this, but… something about you seems different. Special, in fact. I don’t know what it is, but please let me know if you find anything.”

You tell her you’ll let her know, and then you head back to Benni’s to get some sleep tonight. But in the meantime, as you walk back on the dusty roads back to the farm, you take another look at the orb… showing you another brief vision as the calm white glow from the moon casts over you…

What is this thing…

…what is happening to me…?

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 6/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Whimsicott View Post
    So the rumor of this place is there's some unexplained clicking sound. I wonder what could be causing that. Maybe this place is due to some investigating. So I'll put my detective hat on and do some sleuthing here myself!

Search: (41) Oceanwatch Condominiums
    As the moon appears in the sky, you head southeast toward the eastern docks and where the Oceanwatch Condominiums are. You imagine most Pokémon that live here are home by now, but you figure you can still get in plenty of searching without being noticed.

When you first arrive, you decide to look around the exterior of the building, even though the moonlight is just about the only illumination you have to work with save for the faint light generated by a few street lamps nearby. The main three-story building itself is in generally good condition, but you still find traces of litter here and there as well as some minor graffiti on the walls.

As you search along the walls, you find there is a small indentation in the gray brick wall and when you investigation it further, you find one of the bricks seems loose and can be pulled away. You then look inside, not really expecting to find anything, but it seems a strange book cover was hidden here. You decide to pull it out, and the most unusual sensation happens…

Chakra has inherited 2 points of Kurosuōbā…

It leaves you feeling a bit odd, even though for some strange reason, there are no pages in the book and it looks like some kind of circular plate or marking on the cover was removed. But you’re not sure why or by whom. All the while, after looking at both sides of the cover, you swear it doesn’t at all seem like a normal book cover, but you can’t quite understand or fathom what makes it different…

Still, you take the cover with you and put the stone brick back into place.

@[Kaba] - ~2 Kurosuōbā~@ has been added to the Team Inventory.

Your best guess is someone wanted to disassemble this book to prevent it from being reassembled, but didn’t want to destroy it. You’re not quite sure why this is the case and what would prompt this kind of action. Perhaps this was a way to protect the book and come back to it later?

You then head inside the condominiums, entering through the main lobby before finding yourself standing before a flight of stairs. In terms of interior décor, you find it rather uninspiring, mostly having bare white walls, rather stale-looking lighting, and a few houseplants that look like they haven’t been cared for very well. The edges of the leaves are browning and it doesn’t look like they’ve been watered for days.

You search around the hallways, unsure if you’re going to hear that odd clicking sound. When it finally reveals itself, it comes along as faint tapping at first, and you try to estimate where it’s coming from. Initially, you think it’s coming from the far end of the second floor, but when you search around there, the way it echoes misleads you and makes you think it’s now coming from further down the hall past rows and rows of apartment doors. And when you try to go there, again, it seems to move, as if playing a labyrinth game of hot and cold with you. You’re not sure if it’s some kind of anomaly or if something or someone is fully conscious and aware that you’re trying to track them down, but nonetheless, your attempt to find out what’s doing this keeps going unfulfilled despite your best intentions to save the Pokémon that live here some sanity from this pesky noise.

What started as determination quickly becomes frustration and then ultimately a forfeit. Instead, you decide to simply search and sweep the building, trying to tune out the clicking and tapping noise while you work.

In one of the recently abandoned condominiums, you find what looks like a piece of jewelry that must have been either left behind intentionally or the more likely case, fell out of a moving box or container by accident and was left behind, never noticed by the original owner. You put it up and realize there is a small minor blessing on it, likely created by some sort of mystic or priest. You’re not even sure what religion or sect was responsible or what the protective runes on it even mean, but wearing it makes you feel more at ease, as though it’s giving your spirit a bit more courage and endurance even in the darkest of places…

Chakra has equipped the +|J| Blessed Armband+ (1S, 1P)

When you search the rest of the building, you don’t find anything else that seems out of place. Meanwhile, you’ve taken note of all the Pokémon that live here, which consists of Sanfer, Nimsher, Zakra, Malco, Drestan, Erine, Dantus, Yanza, Hashani, Talchea, and Nali. Even at a late hour, there’s still plenty of noise and for some reason, it’s common for Pokémon to have loud and harsh arguments that you can hear through the walls. It could be from the tapping… or something else entirely…

You feel you’re not going to be able to solve this mystery for now and it’s already getting late. So you decide to head back to Benni’s farmstead and get some rest…

Later that night…

You come back to Benni’s dark and quite farmstead to find the Appletun has already gone to sleep for the night. Still, you decide to head over to the storage cabinet to add the Kaba cover to the rest of the items here, wondering what most of them are even for.

But then, as soon as it gets close to the other items… something happens…

For a moment, the cover forces itself open, and then the Burakkupeji black pages seemingly leap out of the cabinet all on their own and gather within the book itself, all in order and all facing the right direction. The whole time, you can’t understand what is happening, but as soon as the book is filled with its missing pages, it closes on its own, and then the Shōchō emblem leaps from the shelf it was stored on and locks into place on the front cover as if pulled into place by powerful magnetism…

@[Kaba] - ~2 Kurosuōbā~@
    @[Burakkupeji 1 of 2] - ~3 Kurosuōbā~@
    @[Burakkupeji 2 of 2] – ~3 Kurosuōbā~@
    @[Shōchō] - ~2 Kurosuōbā~@

Have been combined to create the @[Shadoumemorizu no hon] - ~6 Kurosuōbā~@

Chakra has inherited 6 points of Kurosuōbā…

Now in your hands, the strange book lies completed, all while you feel you’ve been swept away into a strange, dream-like trance and just came back from vising a world so incredibly far away. Clearly, this book and the effect it has on you are connected, but you’re not sure what it means. But it feels like you’re closer to understanding why. This book… clearly it can’t be from this world… can it?

You flip through the pages, and despite the odd markings on the black pages, you feel like you can almost understand it, even though you’ve never read any book like this before and especially not in this mysterious language. You almost feel in another time, another place, you could distinctly read this.

What does it all mean?

You feel like you’re so close to the answers, but they still feel like a world away at another time…

Chakra the Jirachi (S: Steel / Psychic)
    Health: 14/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24 | 8/10 Kurosuōbā Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Scale Armor+ (3H)
    • Jewelry: +|J| Blessed Armband+ (1S, 1P)