Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    (Oh look at that, I'm actually awake in time for this-)

Lyric stared blankly into the distance, so tired after what quickly became a recurring nightmare. Rather than eat a light breakfast, they ate heavily. They needed the extra fuel to get through the start of today after last night. One of the head honchos of the police was killed, once again by Exonull.

"We're running out of time," Lyric muttered, before shaking their head. What were they doing, they needed to help others have hope...!

Barely concealing their dread with their normal smile, they tried to force themself into the attitude they had going in. "But... but we're not beat yet...! We've got most of the pieces of one of those weapons that can fight the Stalkers!" ... They just made themself scarce soon after, feeling like they'd only made themself look like an idiot. Needing a moment to think, they went off towards Jade Acres Park.

... They started this, their journey to enlightenment, and now they were seeing this through...

Stopping in front of the well, their flippers stopped responding. They couldn't seem to make those last few motions to cast their gaze into the pool. Behind their eyes, they quickly flash over their previous lives, needing to take a nerve-calming breath when they look over one of their lives as a human. They'd forced themself to forget the name, all they knew was that they were a truly despicable excuse for a person. Understandably, they'd been kicked down a few rungs of the path to Ascension following that life's uneventful end.

Looking back at the well again, Lyric began to pull themself up the side. As they did so, a question formed on their lips, one that'd they'd been telling themself to ignore since they regained their memories.

"Before I become a Tatsujin, I need a second opinion... Am I, deep down..."

They reached the top, and looked down into the well. "... Am I really that good of a person?"

Administrator

Hmm, not really sure where I should search this time honestly. So I'm just going to search: (37) West Dock Marina

If anyone else thinks I should do something else. Let me know before time!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Search (50) The Sunshine Farmstand (ABANDONED)

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    ....okay. A lot happened then, but we know where these heads go! I’ll go and take myself this bullet for you folk, see if Tayou’s whole talk about Betta will lead us somewhere. Hope it does, even though she’s... ya know.

{Take the Severed Eon Heads to ThE pIt. Let’s see what I can dig up!}
    With the morning sun in the sky, you steel your stomach and heart against what you must face at THE PIT. You prepare your mind and spirit for whatever you might face there… whatever dark sights you must behold in these deathly silent places. Quietly, you eat the breakfast of fruit and berries that Benni has prepared for everyone, and once you finish, you take the severed stone statue heads of Latias and Latios with you and head to THE PIT.

With the head of Latias in your left hand and the head of Latios in your right, you make your way to the disheveled and defiled southwestern area of town, a place where few civilians are brave enough to go given the dark history of these bloody places. And it’s then when you come across the macabre two-family apartment building. A place where Pokémon once called home.

And then it became a place where six Pokémon were brutally murdered and it was never called home again. But despite these six victims and the fallen police officers that attempted to enter this place, you insist that you won’t be the next. Not today.

Even in the morning sun, the apartment building now only known as THE PIT still plays tricks on your eyes… on your reality… and tries to ravage and molest your mind with its hallucinations. You can almost make out faces in the peeling paint… howling, gawking mouths and maws in the holes and wincing eyes of pain with the cracks in the stone. And yet… all these faces have something in common.

They’re all in horrible… terrible… unbearable pain.

You come to the front door, the heads in your hands, the beheadings of the false gods. For a moment, you feel like the envoy of a dark message… the herald of the wicked lie. When you arrive at the front door with its hideous shackles and jet-black darker than death padlocks… you find ì͎t̯̦̜̫ͭ͊̒͑ ͍͍̞̙̱̯̺ha̘̙̼̣̹ͣ̒͒̊̈s̟̩̙̰̋̈̎̒ ͮ̒ͩ̈͊a͖̙͙̣̭ ͤͧm̩̝͔̠̞̦͆̄̄ͯͭ̒é͎͔̯͙̟͂͒ͮͦs̫͍̠̯̔ͨ̂̀ͣͅsạ̭̣̺̥͚g̏̌̄͋ ̬̬̭͖̝̉e̖̞͖̞̞͚͕̾́ͫ͋̆̏ͣ ͔͕ͯͨͤͅfo͉͍̽ͦr̬̝͎̤͉̈́ͬ͗ͧ̚ ̘̦̪͍̱̃ͣ͌̃ͮ̈ͅy͌ͭo͙̩͚͖̞̖̦͌̓̃̇̎̾̆ȗ͒̓̓ͣͬ̄.̖̞̠̈ͨ͒

@Grim Vision of Torment – DARK (3 Sanity Damage, 3 Purity Damage)# Trap 40% Evasion Test: 100 out of 100: Failed!

The nightmare begins, and you suddenly see everything around you fall apart like an apocalypse that insisted on not being a second too late. The sudden passage of time is horrendous, speeding like a bullet train to an apocalyptic future… as if in a hellish rush to get to the inevitable heat death of the universe.

You see yourself collapse like dust in almost an instant while your skeleton appears to be screaming in agony, frozen in horror as your eyes have long sunken back into your skull and the carrion has long devoured your rotting, stinking remains.

Your head uncontrollably shakes, twitching, throbbing as your eyelids twitch and your brain burns. You try to fight it, insisting that it’s not real.

Colored has suffered 3 Sanity Damage and 3 Purity Damage.

B̩̤̗̣̻̥̍̆̀ͭ̓ͥut͎̲̣̥͚͙̩ͨ̾̊͛ͪͦͨ ̞͚it̹̩̭̟̱̮̙̔ͣͤ̒͆̆̍ fe̦͙̫̼̋̆͌̐ȅ͎̟̠̠̱̜̺̾ͦ̔̏ͨ̎l̳̓s̅ ͔̫͚͎r͑̉e̱̯̼ͅa̹͔͈̖l͎̍. And even though you don’t experience any of the physical pain, you are mentally and spiritually devoured. And then it ends, making you feel like less of yourself, mouth open, moaning like a zombie, not even sure if the damage you suffered is permanent and that piece of sanity is forever lost, leaving you hollow.

You still stand, but your mind takes a moment to recover… the allegorical moment it takes to get back on its feet.

You don’t let it stop you, and instead you approach and mount the heads on the stakes. You place the head of Latias on the bloody stake and the head of Latios on the black ichor one.

Colored has used [Severed Head of the Blood Sister, Latias] and [Severed Head of the Shadow Brother, Latios]

@{The Shackle Door of the Beheaded: Missing Head of the Blood Sister AND Missing Head of the Shadow Brother} Grim Vision of Torment - DARK (3 Sanity Damage, 3 Purity Damage)

For a moment, you can almost hear a very faint pair of screams, and then the sudden crashing of metal. The chains… the padlocks… they all fall apart to the wooden floor planks in a pile of black links and twisted metal. And the old wood door doesn’t even swing open. It just falls backward and the interior of the apartment building is revealed.

Steeling yourself, you walk inside.

Six hearts ripped out…

Inside, the foyer is hideous and looks like something out of a sadistic funhouse from hell. Holes and gashes in the walls and ceiling, almost triggering a reaction of trypophobia from you. It’s as if thousands of faces watch you with vacant black eyes, pitted noses, and howling, gawking mouths. The stairs heading upwards and the ones going down play tricks on your mind as well… the marbled wood once again looking like melting, distorted faces of various Pokémon in horrendous anguish.

But you head upward, trying not to look at them for too long.

You arrive at the second floor and you suddenly realize they never did come to clean the crime scene. You find the remnants of the murders after the bodies were taken away. Dried blood years old, splattered on the floors and walls and pooled in places where the victims died. It’s gone dark and brown with the passage of time, and it has long soaked into the wooden floor.

The faces on the wall continue to observe, silently screaming, as if they’re trying to tell you something but they can’t. You walk into the first bedroom and there is blood all over the old bed. You almost expect to see a body here, but there is nothing. It was taken away years ago, but the aftermath of the murders are still here.

Damaged and broken pieces of the ceiling dangle from above like twisted, broken hands, fingers, and claws, and the stench of dust and mold almost makes you cough and sneeze. You walk around the room and come before a large, dirty mirror, but when you look into it and see your reflection, you’re almost horrified. The brown and black blotches on it almost make you look like a zombie with hungry, flesh-devouring tumors all over you as your once vibrant green and beige Snivy colors now look brown, gray, and pale.

The dresser in the corner… the desk along the wall, and the bookshelves have all been overtaken with dust and cobwebs. Their contents… what’s left of them, have long been forgotten. But you still see the faces in the wood.

You leave and go into the kitchen, which looks like it was turned into a slaughterhouse. The kitchen table that was used as a butcher block is soaked with old blood that dried up years ago and you find splatter on the crumbling tiled walls. The knives are gone, but you imagine that was only because they were confiscated as evidence.

The bathroom is a similar situation. Someone died in the bathtub and the blood was never washed away. You’re not sure what Pokémon they were, but you find patches of brown, blood-soaked fur… the only remnants of the victim. And as you look at the murky bloodstains in the bathtub, it seems to make another grimacing face, like it wants to scream but doing so will cause its jaw to fall out.

You head downstairs and into the basement apartment. And as you reach the final step, there is sudden, total darkness. The only thing you can see is a dusty old light switch on the side of the filthy stone wall.

Impulsively, you flick the switch.

The lights shouldn’t have switched on you suddenly think, forgetting for a moment that the building was long abandoned and the power was probably cut off years ago. Why did I think there was still power running? It’s useless.

But no, you’re wrong. All the darkness is suddenly washed away with light. Light that reveals everything as the shadows and darkness step aside to reveal the he͈̺̬̩̰͕͒̓͒̇ͧ̈l̘ͫl̼͖̙͑̋̉s̆̔͊̾͌ḣ̄o͕̥̹͙̅͗ͥͤ̋ͅw they were keeping wrapped this whole time.

%The Fetid Chamber (4 Health Damage, 4 Sanity Damage, 4 Purity Damage)% Trap !!CANNOT BE AVOIDED!!!

At first, the sight just doesn’t make sense. You heaps of skeletal remains but the sudden horror of what’s happening here is something that breaches your sanity. All along the walls, the floor, the gnarled and rusting tables and furniture, you see the words…

“Never wanna grow up… never wanna grow up… never wanna grow up…”

They’re everywhere. And the smell, the hideous overwhelming presence of Stalker essence… this truly is the lair of one of them. It’s…

SOULPUS…

A name only few know.

As you shamble among the piles of bones, they break, they stab into your flesh, and the lights, the mind-shredding revelation that these were all once living Pokémon…

It eats away at every bit of you.

Colored has suffered 4 Health Damage, 4 Sanity Damage, and 4 Purity Damage.

…Daddy, is that you…?

“No…” you mutter.

…D́̓̽̇̚ä̭d̙̰͎̽͂̂d͎̩̠̭y

“I’m… I’m not…”

I… I can’t control… Daddy… I… help… me…

But you don’t know where the voice is coming from. There are only the skeletal remains here. But what you’re experiencing… it suddenly comes to you in the form of a vision, a broken engram…

…something else left behind… by Betta. Betta the Zigzagoon… Terron’s daughter…

“Wanted… couldn’t… can’t… be young… forever… tricked…”

Deadpus never found the message. It was left behind by Betta’s spirit, an engram that the demoni couldn’t not detect… but you could. At least only the pieces that Betta could hide in her desperation.

In the broken corner of the room, you see the cylinder… comprised of a dark, highly demonic design. As you approach it, you suddenly are overwhelmed by the cloud of death, taking the form of a dark, brownish cloud that floods around you…

#Breath of Decay (3 Health Damage, 3 Sanity Damage)# Trap 40% Evasion Test: 74 out of 100: Failed!

Colored has suffered 3 Health Damage and 3 Sanity Damage.

It eats you from the inside and outside, and in the process, the agony and hopelessness helps itself to your brains and spirit like a buffet. You can’t help but vomit, but you regain your determination and press forward. At your small green feet, you see the dark, demonic Phylactery of Deadpus. The very demoni that is currently commandeering Betta’s body… making her kill her victims by causing their rapid decay… and stealing all of their unlived years to be inherited to herself.

The realization almost too unbearable to cope with.

[Deadpus’s Phylactery] has been added to the Team Inventory.

You know the truth now. The truth that Tayou had spoken about before she was killed. Everything she said about Betta was true, but she and the rest of her team couldn’t take those last critical steps. And you can see why. There was nothing but pure mind-consuming hell in these chambers.

The dark chamber vessel that you now hold is the dark anchor that Deadpus depends upon to continue persisting in this world. The demoni depends upon it, but while you know destroying the Phylactery is impossible with conventional methods… there is something else that can be done…

Battered, wounded, impaled, and nearly on the verge of weeping, you struggle to go back up those stairs… outside of this accursed place that’s condemned in more ways than one. The vessel in your hands is emitting so much evil and dark Stalker presence, but you keep a deathgrip on it, refusing to let it go… insisting to drag it to its final judgment like a bailiff taking away a convicted prisoner.

Justice must be done… Betta must be freed… however it can be done…

The PIT falls into dark silence once again as you left it behind you. You don’t look back… you don’t think about what has happened there or the things you saw that would break you forever if you think about them too much.

You did what you said you would do… the whole reason you were here… And now there’s one thing left to do…

Colored the Snivy (S: Grass)
    Health: 9/16 | Sanity: 7/20 | Purity: 12/24 | 6/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Morelull, Palpitoad, Mega Audino, Pidgeot, Cinccino
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

5. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Alright, it's time to find Yanza, get diplomatic, get deputised, and get all the info on this case.
    If I have to admit I was the last one to talk to Tayou, I will... But the information she shared is probably what got her killed, so I'd watch out.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DayBreak View Post
    (Oh look at that, I'm actually awake in time for this-)

Lyric stared blankly into the distance, so tired after what quickly became a recurring nightmare. Rather than eat a light breakfast, they ate heavily. They needed the extra fuel to get through the start of today after last night. One of the head honchos of the police was killed, once again by Exonull.

"We're running out of time," Lyric muttered, before shaking their head. What were they doing, they needed to help others have hope...!

Barely concealing their dread with their normal smile, they tried to force themself into the attitude they had going in. "But... but we're not beat yet...! We've got most of the pieces of one of those weapons that can fight the Stalkers!" ... They just made themself scarce soon after, feeling like they'd only made themself look like an idiot. Needing a moment to think, they went off towards Jade Acres Park.

... They started this, their journey to enlightenment, and now they were seeing this through...

Stopping in front of the well, their flippers stopped responding. They couldn't seem to make those last few motions to cast their gaze into the pool. Behind their eyes, they quickly flash over their previous lives, needing to take a nerve-calming breath when they look over one of their lives as a human. They'd forced themself to forget the name, all they knew was that they were a truly despicable excuse for a person. Understandably, they'd been kicked down a few rungs of the path to Ascension following that life's uneventful end.

Looking back at the well again, Lyric began to pull themself up the side. As they did so, a question formed on their lips, one that'd they'd been telling themself to ignore since they regained their memories.

"Before I become a Tatsujin, I need a second opinion... Am I, deep down..."

They reached the top, and looked down into the well. "... Am I really that good of a person?"
    With the morning sun, you head to the Jade Acres Park after having eaten a large breakfast that Benni was more than happy to prepare for you. With the intent on becoming a Tatsujin, you seek out the well once more, hoping to get a better understanding about yourself… a better understanding about your dreams…

…about everything.

You find the well again after navigating your way through the calming, placid forest that feels like navigating through a deep sleep. It seems brighter in the daylight now, though only small blotches of sunlight peer through the canopy of trees. As the breeze caresses the branches and leaves, the patches of sunlight move about like playful fairies, as if an unseen child is letting loose their creativity upon the area. For a moment, you wonder if its simply an unborn child at play, preparing for tomorrow when they step foot upon the world to live out a new life.

…It makes you wonder for a moment… what does a unborn child dream of…?

“Before I become a Tatsujin…” you mutter into the calming, dreamlike waters of the well, “…am I, deep down… am I really that good of a person?”

The waters ripple just a bit, as if the well has heard your question. You let your eyes get carried away as they take you to another vision… one of hopeful wisdom as you behold the lives of others… and the lives of what could have been you.

What defines a good person…?

…for some it means many different things… some believe good is measured in strength or wealth… or courage or bravery…

…or selflessness or acts of valor…

The waters go silent for but just a moment, giving you time to absorb the considerations as if like a transcendental meditation.

Did you make someone smile today… and did you share that moment with them with a smile of your own? Did someone… a child… look up to you today and say to themselves “I want to be just like them” and you inspired them for life to live for a noble cause? Or did you go all the way and save someone’s life today? Did you give them a second chance to accomplish their dreams and for their friends and family to believe in hope once again because of something you did? Did you sacrifice something you held dear just for someone else? Did you feel pain and shed blood so someone else didn’t have to?

You are a good person, Lyric…

…and it’s because you question yourself…

…it’s because of that introspection and your drive to learn wisdom from your mistakes…

You close your eyes and nod, thinking about it more. There are many who believe they are good when they only lie to themselves. There are those that believe in something untrue and force it upon others but believe they are doing it for their own good.

You don’t have the arrogance, Lyric. The people to be feared most are the ones that never have doubts or the ones that never challenge or question what lies before them. They’re the ones that think they have all the answers. A question replied to with a lie is an answer stolen…

…but you’ve moved on from that. You wash your body to remove the dust and grit of dirt, sweat, and stain so that your body is cleansed once more. But shouldn’t your mind and spirit be able to perform that same kind of refreshing renourishment? Guilt… remediation… and atonement… those are what the spirit needs to know that it must be cleansed the same way one recognizes that one’s body is dirty and is in need of being cleansed.

Turn regret into teaching. Turn shame into wisdom. Turn jealousy into motivation.

“I am here… I wish to be cleansed…”

You remember that you came here to save this town… knowing full well that you would come face to face with horrors that would burn themselves into your mind as the shadows licked and bit away at your soul. The horrors of the Stalkers would strike you… attack you… and attempt to lacerate, burn, and impale your skin and flesh. You did this… you willingly accepted this sacrifice because you saw this town was in need of your help… in need of your strength… and you were willing to accept that cost and that sacrifice…

…that’s what makes you a good person, Lyric.

Lyric has inherited 5 points of Kurosuōbā…

Redemption and atonement will be found by those that seek it. Those spirits that yearn for answers will find their way. Let your dreams guide you… open your mind to infinite possibilities… understand the good from the bad, the inspiring and the horrifying… and let your heart take you to the path that aligns with your spirit…

Lyric has become a Tatsujin…

You see you have begun to glow… the signature trait of a Tatsujin. For a moment, you look up at the sky, reflecting upon all that you know and have experienced.

It’s not too late…

…today still carries on…

…as long as you’re still standing…

…as long as you never give up… you cannot lose…

Lyric Winterheart the Tatsujin Brionne (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Reincarnation Forms: Brionne, Mega Ampharos, Hisuian Goodra, Latios, Amaura
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: <Empty>

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Hmm, not really sure where I should search this time honestly. So I'm just going to search: (37) West Dock Marina

If anyone else thinks I should do something else. Let me know before time!
    After you awaken with the rising of the sun, you eat the berry muffins that Benni has prepared for your breakfast and then wish her well as you head out to see what else you might be able to find in your pursuit of the Stalkers.

Once you step outside, it feels a bit as though the sun isn’t quite as bright as it used to be, but nonetheless, you levitate your way south toward the West Dock Marina, one of the few places that hasn’t been investigated, yet. You’re not sure what you might find there and if the Stalkers deemed it as a reliable place to hide some of their nefarious relics, but you decide it’s worth looking into. After all, you and the others have found their dark artifacts in the most unlikely places…

Upon arriving, you see there’s only been a minimal amount of activity here. Most of these ships and boats simply float mirthlessly as the very light and subtle waves bob them around bit by bit. As you drift and float above the docks looking curiously at the waters, you can almost make out the ships that have been sunken to the bottom of the water, each one resembling an owner that passed away. You’d guess it’s at least fifty feet deep down there, which is thankfully deep enough to the point where ships still in commission likely wouldn’t crash against them.

Still, you decide not to go searching down there for anything. You doubt you’d be able to hold your breath long enough to do that, and you feel it’s unlikely the Stalkers hid anything down that deep. Especially if none of them were water Pokémon. Besides, even focusing your attention down there, not even the slightest traces of Stalker presence seem to be felt from that direction.

You then search ship by ship, floating above them to see what might be here. Most of these seem to be light fishing vessels, designed to catch other water Pokémon deemed to be food, like Krabby, Goldeen, Remoraid, Clamperl, and other similar Pokémon. Other ships and boats seem to be purely for recreation, and these haven’t seen activity for a while. Nonetheless, they come in all different styles, sizes, and conditions. You can easily tell which ones are owned by rich Pokémon and which ones are owned by Pokémon that can barely afford them.

You do find one modest recreational ship that looks like it was recently vandalized. The captain’s cabin was recently broken into, the control room has had its windows broken, and it looks like they tore their way through the drawers, cabinets, and closets to loot whatever they could. It makes you wonder why they didn’t try to steal the whole ship, but then you figure that might have taken too long and they didn’t have the key to start the ignition. All the damage and looting here looks like it was done in haste and it was likely the thief didn’t spend any longer than five minutes here.

In one pile, you find a lot of books and manuals that were thrown around and badly damaged. Normally, you feel this wouldn’t be unusual, but among the books, you find one book in particular that looks like it sustained considerable damage. It’s not like the others and when you hold your hand out, you can sense a familiar presence about it.

Puhdistus…

You decide to gather up the ripped pieces and damaged cover of the book. From what you can gather, this definitely feels like a ritual tome rather than a novel or manual of any kind. Why it was hidden here… you’re not quite sure, but it’s possible whoever owned this particular ship wanted to look into it further.

After doing a little more searching, you realize who owns this particular boat. Santea the Lilligant. It explains the large number of books, and some of the flower motifs you see on the walls and décor. You recall she was investigating the Puhdistus Ritual as well, but she probably didn’t get the chance to investigate this book, yet…

[Destroyed Ritualli Tome: <Repair>] has been added to the Team Inventory.

You’re not sure if Santea is even aware her boat was looted and her belongings were damaged, but you decide it’s best to focus on the ritual for now and get this book back together again. The damage to this ship can be repaired. The damage the Stalkers would do to this town and this world are not.

Even in pieces, the destroyed tome still radiates with that unusual aura that the other Puhdistus relics give off. You can only imagine what it might be capable of once the book has been repaired and made whole again…

You don’t find anything else unusual in the marina, so you decide to head back to the farm and prepare for tonight. You’re not sure what you might do yet, but there’s still time to decide…

Chakra the Jirachi (S: Steel / Psychic)
    Health: 14/16 | Sanity: 11/20 | Purity: 15/24 | 8/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Security
    Reincarnation Forms: Pikachu, Pachirisu, Minccino, Victini, Mudkip
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: +|A| Guardian Armor+ (4H, 2P)
    • Jewelry: +|J| Sapphire Amulet+ (1S, 2P)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Search (50) The Sunshine Farmstand (ABANDONED)
    With the rising of the morning sun, you wake up and make your way downstairs, joining the others for breakfast before you head out. The sky has some overcast this morning, casting a light gray shadow upon the land.

You step outside and trot your way west toward the Sunshine Farmstand, understanding that this is where Kayto once sold her harvested produce and alcoholic beverages. When you arrive, you find the solemn, lonely farmstand seems just as melancholy as the farmstead itself. What used to be a brightly colored produce stand with flower design motifs has become brown and splintered. On the outside, you find a lot of empty crates that look like they haven’t been used or touched in years and on that same note, probably won’t ever be used for anything again. Several empty barrels are here as well and whatever liquid they once held has dried up long ago.

Among these neglected containers, you sense a strange presence that feels foreign at first, but then you recall where you’ve felt that sensation before. Someone from Black Moon was here and you seem to have the idea that the farmstand was alive and thriving at the time this leathery piece of parchment was placed here.

You find it tucked behind one of the barrels, and you use one of your hooves to pry it out and pull it closer to you so you can read it…

[=Assassin’s Cant=] has been added to the Team Inventory.

Tueur…

We shall never see home again…

And you know from what you’ve been told… they never did. For a brief moment, these Black Moon Savants feel almost like brothers and sisters… their memories wiped and with that purging, their motivation to go back to the world they came from. It almost makes you wonder if in time, they even forgot what humans looked like, now living in a world where humans have never walked and were only the material of fairytales, as if they were akin to centaurs, mermaids, and goblins…

Inside the farmstand itself, you find the grocery bins and baskets have long been empty and it seems as though no one thought they were even worth stealing. Dust and cobwebs have taken their place, along with empty crates, splintered wood, and old dirty cups and mugs that probably won’t ever be used again.

Off to the side, you find an enclosed storage area for items that weren’t for sale, such as labeling tools, extra bins, signs, and other supplies Kayto kept for helping with promoting her store and keeping everything clean and maintained. But it’s not the only thing you find in here…

You come across another Dorimugeto dream gate, cleverly hidden in this storage area that likely no one was going to come across. But as you think about it, anyone that did and was tempted to touch it was whisked away into Yume and got lost in there for better or for worse.

As you approach the blue and lavender-colored swirling vortex, you feel its presence around you, bathing you with a gentle breeze forged from dreams…

Sam has inherited 3 points of Kurosuōbā…

For a brief moment, you feel as though you’ve been taken to a faraway place and you recognize it as Yume’s presence. Suddenly, even just figments of your imagination feel closer to being real, as if memories that you once lived in before many years ago. As you close your eyes, you see a few of your more recent dreams replayed like movies. Engrams of dreams that seemed broken and ambiguous are suddenly made clear and complete, like a book that was put back together into a complete and coherent story.

@{Dorimugeto (Dream Gate): Pureto jo} – ~3 Kurosuōbā~@ has been noted in the Team Records.

The Pureto jo tablet… or the plate tablet to be exact. It’s a message… like an order form or decree to receive the Shadow Plate, or the Shadoupureto to be exact. While most of Yume is like a dream wonderland, there is still a part of it that is based on nightmares. To be complete, even relics for the ritual are needed from there. The dark side of Yume is not without its own secrets.

And while nightmares may seem needless and terrifying at first, you realize and remember that Yume is and can be a training ground for the soul. Nightmares have their purpose, too. In Yume, the horrors cannot hurt you, but instead build your resilience and resistance to the forces of darkness.

You don’t find anything else here, but you make note to come back with the Pureto Jo once you’re ready to receive the Shadoupureto. You figure it’s been many long years since the gateway was hidden and opened, but it’s not too late to continue the work that was unfinished, even if its many years later than what was originally anticipated.

As the sun begins to set, you trot your way back to the farmstead with the Assassin’s Cant in your travel pouch. The work and the sacrifice of the Black Moon Savants… that too, is work that needs closure…

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal / Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 23/24 | 5/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Nidorino, Krabby, Blaziken, Ralts, Delcatty
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Ruby Pendant+ (2S, 1P)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Alright, it's time to find Yanza, get diplomatic, get deputised, and get all the info on this case.
    If I have to admit I was the last one to talk to Tayou, I will... But the information she shared is probably what got her killed, so I'd watch out.
    After waking up shortly after the others, you go downstairs to enjoy some of Benni’s berry muffins before grabbing your things and heading outside to see if Yanza the Purugly might be able to provide more information. Considering they’ve already lost Tayou and Dantus has his hands incredibly full, she might be willing to cooperate with things being as desperate as they are.

After heading to the Seabourne Police Department building, you enter inside and you find Yanza is there alone among many empty desks that have been simply used to stack papers, documents, boxes, and photographs on top of. There’s a lot of evidence and reports to go through, and you can tell from her face that its just an overwhelming amount of information to sift through. And the look on her face tells you she’s had more than a belly full of it.

“Hey, Yanza?” you call out to her. “Name’s ChiChi! I’m looking into these Stalkers and I’m trying to get more info on them. Think you could help us out?”

She looks up from her pile of papers and sighs. She does a bit of a double-take when she sees you, especially as a Pokémon she’s never seen before… and slightly glowing at that.

“Look, hun, I appreciate the offer, but I can’t just go about showing everything and anything to anyone,” she tells you, looking iffy about the whole proposal. “I’ve already had a few good officers and detectives get killed from these Stalkers and I can’t hand out critical information to someone I just met, even if we are extremely short-staffed. That and I have reason to believe there’s cutthroats in town working against us. I swear that Velli the Sylveon belongs in a maximum security prison. She’s a freak.

Though you were hoping Yanza would be more open toward sharing her investigation notes, you think you just need to present your proposal for support in a different way. But you can’t blame her for being on the defensive with this one. Seabourne has suffered a lot already and after realizing Velli is a traitor to the town, Yanza can’t bear to have critical information shared with the Stalkers. It could doom the entire town… possibly the entire world if it fell into the wrong hands. But still, you need to know what she knows… and at the same time, you have information that could prove critical to her as well.

Now if you could only just find the right words to say…

#49 Yanza the Purugly: <Diplomacy>

You already have some ideas on how to present this… it all comes down to just piecing it together in a way that would convince Yanza to share everything she knows with you, even if you might be a total stranger to her…

ChiChi the Tatsujin Tapu Lele (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 16/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 10/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Reincarnation Forms: Corviknight, Milotic, Aurorus, Espeon, Alcremie
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Blessed Armband+ (1S, 1P)

Senior Administrator

Night has fallen in Seabourne Town
    Submit your Day 6: Night Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(Friday, August 26, 2022 9:00:00 PM EST)

@C0L0R3D @Chakramaster @ARandomTool @EmeraldSky @sammy0295 @Scytherwolf @Noblejanobii @Lychee @DayBreak