Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'll take a look over at (19) Overlook Apartments.
    Hey, Noble searched this spot already. Did you want to choose another action?

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Damnit I thought I had checked thoroughly! Okay, how about (53) ThE PiT (ABANDONED)?

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Damnit I thought I had checked thoroughly! Okay, how about (53) ThE PiT (ABANDONED)?

Search (51) The Sunshine Farm (ABANDONED).

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    "I think it's high time we talk to the leaders of this town... And I'm pretty sure that's Mortek or Taiyou, but I'm not entirely sure!"

Interview Tayou the Salamence with Diplomacy
    As the moon rises above on the dark skies, you head outside, intent on getting some answers from Taiyou the Salamence. As she is the main law enforcement overseer, you feel she hasn’t been nearly as active in this investigation as she should be, seeming as though she’s only trying to save face.

You find her heading away to Mortek’s Home, looking like she’s off to spend the dark evening hours at something that clearly doesn’t look like it has much to do with bringing the Stalkers down. However, you can already see from her composure that seems carefree, unconcerned, and apathetic to the plights of others around her. Meanwhile, she also has an aura of toughness to her, letting others know that she doesn’t need to care because she can handle her own and that’s the only one she really cares about.

You approach her, taking a deep breath and knowing just how to respond to this kind of body language. If she’s going to act tough, you’re going to need to act tough as well to get on her level.

“Hey, Tayou!” you call out to her. “Get over here for a minute!”

You know this is going to have some impact on Tayou. Here you are, a stranger, ordering her around without a trace of politeness. Now, you already know she doesn’t care for formalities just from how she composes herself, but the telling her what to do definitely gets her attention.

She stomps toward you, looks at you with a rather confident smile, in an almost challenging way. It’s very rare that other Pokémon have the balls to stand up to her and get her to listen, but you’ve done exactly that.

“Funny, I don’t remember seeing your face around here lately,” she tells you as she wonders what your business is. “First off, no one tells me what to do, because I’m not going to listen.”

And then you narrow your eyes and smile. Darkly.

“But you just did,” you flash a confident smirk.

She’s almost taken back a bit, not having faced someone with this kind of gall for quite a while. And yet before she can counter with something witty, you keep your pace.

“I’m not here to play games,” you tell her, getting right to the point. “This town, your town, is rapidly going to hell. I’m not sure if you’ve looked at your graveyards in the past month or so, but your dead sure aren’t getting lonely. Does the idea of ‘Stalkers’ ring a bell?”

“Go talk to Dantus and Yanza if you have questions for the local law enforcement,” she tells you, blowing you off. “I just don’t have time for this.”

“How about time for a battle?” you ask, smirking. “Come on, just a friendly sparring match. You seem tough, why not? You’re not afraid, are you?”

You know all too well that your fairy-typing would make short work of her, and Tayou seems to be aware of this too, hence why she doesn’t jump on the idea right away and seems to struggle with her thoughts and conjuring up a response. You take advantage of this and confront her with no fear, no hesitation, and she doesn’t like that. Not one bit. If gives you the insight that she really only likes challenging those she knows she has a good chance of beating down, and you definitely don’t fit that criteria.

“What if I was a Stalker?” you ask her, flashing a dark smirk. “But ah, of course it wouldn’t be a battle, then! In fact, you want to know a funny thing about Stalkers?”

You then get up close to her and speak closely into her ear, using your deepest and darkest tone of voice.

“THEY DON’T ASK BEFORE THEY KILL.

#2 Tayou the Salamence has become Compliant.

With a deep breath of anxiety, Tayou folds and takes a step back. To simply deny this being a problem would be hypocritical of her, and she has a special kind of hatred for Pokémon that are like that.

“Fine, fine, just tell me what the hell you want,” Tayou tells you, looking like she wants this conversation to be over.

“You know something about these Stalkers,” you tell her. “You have to. I want to know what you know so someone like myself can deal with them. Harshly.”

She tries to collect her thoughts, and she lets you in on some information, but most of it are things you already know or the rest of the team discovered. It takes her by surprise to realize you’re deadly serious about bringing them down and you have the knowledge that already proves that. But then she lets you in on something that wasn’t known before. Something even you weren’t expecting.

“You need to keep this a secret… at all costs,” Tayou tells you, keeping her tone down. “At least two Pokémon, Ovald the Mudsdale and Ankha the Stantler, both died trying to investigate this further, and I don’t want to send in yet another Pokémon to die like they did.”

“Betta, that little Zigzagoon that’s Terron’s daughter… is a Stalker,” she tells you in a cold tone of voice. “I’m dead-serious. The only reason she can’t be prosecuted by a Seabourne criminal court is because she’s a minor and whatever god-forsaken thing that has possessed her has done a damn good job covering her tracks. Enough that Ovald and Ankha, who I sent to perform reconnaissance on her after she was seen hanging around the goddam PIT of all places, ended up dead. And I don’t believe in coincidences. But she can’t be prosecuted on coincidences, witness testimony, and hunches alone. We don’t have the hard evidence and unless we want to bloody jeopardize the entire judicial system here by making an exception, we have to watch and wait and catch her in the act. And that sure as hell hasn’t been working lately.”

“As for The Pit, the ungodly door she put there…” she continues before correcting herself, “…no, her ungodly demon, put there, is nothing a young girl of her nature would ever concoct. And yet somehow she gets around it like there’s nothing to it. Ovald told me he saw this with his own eyes before he took the next step looking into it further and got himself killed for it, and the only reason why I told Dantus and Yanza to stay away from there is because I don’t want them both dead like Ovald and Ankha. If you’re wondering why it seems like we’re doing nothing, that’s why. And yet that’s all we damn have even though that’s probably where all the evidence is. We have the warrant already issued but the place is a goddam deathtrap. In trying to pursue other strategies and options, we still haven’t been able to catch her in the act with evidence that can be validated. Trust me, if you can come up with something to put an end to this hell, I’m all for it, but it’s driven me nearly stir-crazy.”

“If you’re serious about going to The Pit and breaking your way in there, you sure as hell better be prepared,” Tayou warns you carefully. “Trust me, consider yourself already pardoned for any trespassing you need to do, and that goes for all these Stalker bastards. But at this point, I don’t even think a holding cell is going to be able to contain whatever abomination is living in that girl’s head…”

“Look, that’s all I can offer for now, but again, don’t tell anyone about this,” she tells you as she prepares to leave. “If she finds out we’re this close to exposing her, there’s no telling what she’s going to do, but I have a feeling it ends up with all of us dead. Yes, DEAD, just like you said.”

She then leaves, but you have the feel that judging from her tone of voice, her body language, and everything she told you and want it took for her to disclose that information…

…you’re convinced she’s telling the truth…

ChiChi the Tatsujin Tapu Lele (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 16/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 10/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Reincarnation Forms: Corviknight, Milotic, Aurorus, Espeon, Alcremie
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Defense Armor: <Empty>
    • Jewelry: +|J| Blessed Armband+ (1S, 1P)

6. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    As the sun disappears beyond the horizon and the moon soon hangs above in the sky, you head down to the far southwestern area of town, another grim area where some of the most unsetting things have been found. It’s a long walk through this deadly silent night, but you feel brave enough to make the trip to see what exactly is lurking around here.

After coming along the deadened and forgotten road, you find the unsettling two-family apartment building, the place where six Pokémon were murdered. Even from a distance, you can see this once homey building now looks like something out of a freakish nightmare. The building is falling apart, the windows are all boarded up, and the paint on the walls is peeling off like a cancerous decay. Meanwhile, the shadows seemingly molest it with hellish and unsettling shapes that look like melting eyes and howling faces.

Murdered. Six of them. With their hearts ripped out, never to be found. It makes you wonder if they were burned, buried, or as you shudder just thinking about it… eaten. But it was so long ago and you have a feeling no one will ever find out what really happened to them.

You start by searching the exterior grounds… overgrown weed fields that reveal nothing, but as you soon discover, hide nothing as well. There is a very, very faint Stalker presence here, but it doesn’t come from these weeds, and you find nothing among the shrubs and grassy patches that seems to be the source. But as you search around the exterior of the house, it seems the house itself… or something deep inside… is what is giving off this repulsive aura.

Unfortunately, you don’t find any way inside. The cellar in the back seems to be abandoned, and though you can enter it and go underground, it doesn’t connect with the rest of the house upstairs. And down here, you find only junk. Old rusty tools, broken and damaged building materials, paint that has gone dry years ago, broken glass, damaged wooden parcels, and other similar items simply have you turning up with nothing important. But you’re convinced not even the small cellar was used for any murders. Still, you get the uncanny feeling that some of the shadows down there play tricks on your eyes. In the dark, an array of tools on a pegboard looks like the gaunt, decaying face of a Gothorita. In the corner, a haphazard pile of broken materials looks like the broken and butchered body of a Lurantis, looking up at you with a dying gaze…

It makes you wonder if it was intentionally arranged this way… that someone with morbid artistic ability knew how to conjure these depictions and mind tricks using broken materials and lighting ploys to make these grizzly depictions seem authentic to most perceptions. And yet you see them constantly around you, giving you that unnerving feeling… that you’re being watched… that the shadows are more than what they seem to be…

You find yourself not able to tolerate it for that much longer and you make a bit of a sprint out of the cellar. You shut the rusting cellar doors behind you, once again plunging everything down there into pitch blackness once again…

You get arrive at the front door, and you see this is where things get strange. By the damaged front door, you see the words “ThE PiT” in blood-colored lettering. The door itself has been shackled with jet-black chains and large padlocks. Two metal stakes are here… one is slathered in blood and the other is soaked with a gross, black ichor. By the base of stakes, you can just faintly make out the words “blood sister” by the bloody stake while the words “shadow brother” are by the greasy black one.

You’ve seen something like this before. It all makes sense until…

@Grim Vision or Torment – DARK (3 Sanity Damage, 3 Purity Damage)@ Trap 30% Evasion Test: 83 out of 100: Failed!

…it almost feels like a disorienting vertigo. A dark nightmare suddenly takes up your eyes and you lose sight of the house, but the vision itself is broken and damaged. The blessed diamond necklace around you suddenly triggers, absorbing most of the hideous vision that attempted to burrow into your mind. But all you have now are fragments, corrupted by dream static, as if what your mind tried to play was a badly ruined video and only bits of it still remained.

All you’re left with are out of context depictions of decay. Death and the passage of time seem to be a theme among the flickering visions among the broken, shadowy static. The vision is so corrupted and ripped apart that it makes very little sense to you, but it leaves you with the sense that you didn’t miss any important details. Instead, it makes you feel slightly uneasy, but thankfully the damage is only nominal.

Scy has suffered 1 Damage to Sanity and 1 Damage to Purity (2 Sanity Damage and 2 Purity Damage absorbed by the +|J| Diamond Necklace+ (2S, 2P))

And then it just ends, making you feel no worse than if it was just a taunt or an offensive comment. And you look up at the stakes again, confirming what you were thinking before.

@{The Shackle Door of the Beheaded: Missing Head of the Blood Sister AND Missing Head of the Shadow Brother} Grim Vision of Torment - DARK (3 Sanity Damage, 3 Purity Damage)@ has been noted in the Team Records.

And just below them, you find a note… a note written about the blind… written in blood…

=The Blind Note= has been noted in the Team Records.

The heads… the heads of Latios and Latias. It suddenly makes sense now, and this is where they were intended to be placed. The missing eyes… the blood… the ichor… the vision that seemed to blind you for just a brief moment there…

As you sense it, there’s no getting beyond this shackled door until you find out what must be done to undo this, but you already have a feeling you know. You know you’ll need to go back to get them, but it will have to wait for now.

But as you take a few steps back and behold what lies before you… it makes you wonder just what horrors wait for you beyond these doors…

You then head back to Benni’s farmstead, still processing what could be there and what it all means with the damaged vision you just beheld. Beyond those doors may be horrors… but there are also answers…

Scy the Tatsujin Heracross (M: Kūsho)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 14/20 | Purity: 19/20 | 10/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 30%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Heracross, Scyther, Centiskorch, Snom, Volcarona
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Diamond Necklace+ (2S, 2P)

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Search (51) The Sunshine Farm (ABANDONED).
    As the night looms overhead, you head out and make your way west toward the Sunshine Farm. It’s a short trot for you as you make your way from the Beachwood Farmstead to the vacant side of Seabourne. As you cross the fields, you begin to see the darkened, forgotten remnants of what used to be fields of vegetation, flora, and life… now decaying as former husks of themselves.

As you come before the abandoned Sunshine Farm, you now see what used to be Benni’s western neighbor now lies as a broken, vacant derelict. What became of Kayto the Delcatty after being financially destroyed is all but a mystery, but now the Sunshine Farm barely stands as a crippled reminder of how cruel the world can really be. All of Kayto’s dreams, passions, and desires… the eviscerated remains are before you. Rusting empty silos, once bustling with produce and passion, now hollow metallic husks that have lost their soul. And Kayto’s homestead… where the heart once was. Once, it was Kayto’s dream house. And then the dream ended, was gutted, and then stripped from the dreamer… only to become this sad, hollow nightmare… where the dream went to die.

Outside, the house itself looks sad, the way a pet misses their owner that never came home one day. Splintering wood, peeling paint… the vacant porch chairs that haven’t seen their owner for years when in times past, Kayto spent many a sunny afternoon here with friends and family. As the chilling night wind breezes around you, you can almost imagine glimpses of the memories that time and reality swept by…

…and now there is emptiness.

You search the outside yards first, not sure if any of the Stalkers have been using this place for their nefarious deeds, but you feel this place is well out of sight and scrutiny. Any one of them may have seen this melancholy place as an opportunity rather than a place to lament. But what you find are empty dead fields, dead flowers that were choked, strangled, and then overtaken by weeds before everything died from a lack of sustenance. You can almost feel their pain as the grass type that you are, but already what little life they once had has been long gone. What your hooves fall upon are the shattered remains of it all.

The area around the house is no better. In another time, Kayto would have seen you, welcomed you inside for a chat, or even make refreshing lemonade for you both to enjoy on her porch. You’re exactly the kind of Pokémon and friend she would have loved to meet, and you would be welcome any time you wanted to drop by. You both would have watched the sunset from her porch, smiling and enjoying the summer days with cool drinks and memorable company and comradery.

…But you came too late. And now everything is gone.

Instead, you head inside, using your nose to nudge your way past the old, lowly wooden door as you enter the foyer of the house. And you almost can’t help but wince when you gaze upon the inside. All of Kayto’s belongings are still here, caked with dust, dirt, and they’re falling apart. You can instantly see she loved art, loved bubbly creativity and color. And she would have been horrified to see all of her possessions now… faded, broken, fallen. The dusty shelves, the discolored and ruined paintings, broken knick-knacks that once gave the room life, love, and color. And Kayto had stories to tell about all of them… where she bought them or who gave them as a gift, how they cheer her up even on a rainy day. She could have talked for hours about any one of them. And now they sit in silence…. waiting.

But she’s never coming home.

Kayto’s kitchen and dining room tell a similar tale. You can easily see she loved to cook. You find a vast array of cookware and kitchen tools, and you find almost a miniature library of cookbooks. You imagine them as they once were, not as the rusting pots and pans or moldy books they are now, but as they used to be, pristine and new with Kayto happily wanting to use them and get creative. The broken tiles, the collapsed table, the fading walls… for a moment, you imagine them before the collapse, and the vision almost plays out before your eyes as your imagination goes back in time… a happier time.

It seemed as though she had company often, friends and happy gatherings with warm company, delicious food, and a place for everyone at her impressive dining room table. For a moment, you can almost imagine it, the splintering table restored, the dusty candleholders now shining brightly with warm, inviting candlelight. There would have been a place for you here, a seat at the table just for you to join Kayto and her friends, friends that would become your own. Lively stories, laughter, and good food for everyone to love and share as Kayto was more than proud and generous to share it with you and all the others…

…But you came too late. And now everything is gone.

You search the upstairs, where Kayto’s bathroom and bedroom are. As you can tell, Kayto wasn’t intent on fancy arrangements. All she wanted was a nice, happy, and cozy home. And she had it here. An inviting bathroom to wash up and a cozy bedroom filled with the things she loved most. At the heart and center of the room was a cozy cloth pink plush mat that was easy to fall asleep with and have pleasant dreams on. Now, dust and dirt covers everything, the colors on the paintings and the walls have faded. The once cheerfully-painted ceiling made to look like a cloudy sky has gone gray with water damage blotches everywhere… as if the illusion of a peaceful and dreamy cloudy day looks like one where a thunderstorm is about to break out.

You head back downstairs. At first, you believe it was spared. That it was left alone, undefiled.

But then you found the horrible truth. Upon getting to the bottom floor, you find the door that leads to the downstairs cellar where Kayto brewed wines, ciders, and all kinds of other fresh fruity beverages with her produce that she sold and generously shared with friends.

In the darkness of the cellar, you find a wooden hatch that goes further underground. A second sublevel that you weren’t expecting in a house like this.

And there was something else you weren’t expecting either…

@Insidious Siphon Spirit – GRASS (4 Health Damage, 4 Purity Damage)@ Trap 40% Evasion Test: 85 out of 100: Failed!

You overlook the dark, hungry, and ungodly vegetation that surrounds the hatch. The shadows concealed them, the dark corners of the room made the perfect cloak. And now that you’re here, they desire to f̣̭̽̄ē̤̳̫̳̹͕̄͒ͫͨͤe̯̫̝̲d̰̮͍̩̞͔ͦ̆̋̈́̉̐ͥͅ.

Sam has suffered 1 Damage to Purity (Halved, Resistant to Grass) (2 Sanity, 1 Purity Damage Absorbed by +|J| Ruby Pendant+ (2S, 1P)

But so much of their effort goes in vain. You tightly resist against their demonic, sapping vampirism, and even your ruby pendant suddenly glows with a protective red light that shields your soul and mind like a valiant, adamant guardian. The dark influence barely gets a lick of your conscience as you back away. It coils back to surround the hatch once more, disappointed at the lack of sustenance it was hoping to leech from your mind and soul, not expecting a Deerling like yourself to have such strong and protective defenses.

And then it comes to you. The presence of the Stalkers. One of them did find this place, having no sympathy for the dream that its previous owner tried to build. As you guessed… they saw an opportunity, and they definitely took it. This entire area of the cellar reeks with a repulsive Stalker stench…

And then you see the mantle in the shadows of the darkness, a mount of twisted roots and briar thorns. There is a missing piece here… and then suddenly it makes sense to you. Your eyes get used to the shadows and before you lies the Hall of the Impaler. The hall of thorns is shut for now, but you remember what’s missing. The wreath of thorns. The last missing piece in this dark chaos of thorns and briars.

@{Hall of the Impaler Hatch: Blood Wreath Offering} Insidious Siphon Spirit - GRASS – (4 Health Damage, 4 Purity Damage)@ has been noted in the Team Records.

What lies ahead seems agonizing and dreadful, but even in this dark place, there may be hope and answers. Sometimes the deepest truths are in the darkest places. You have the feeling no one besides the Stalker responsible for this twisted, thorny madness has been here in a long time.

You turn around, not having the solution now, but you swear you’ll be back to get to the bottom of the dark secrets that lie here. What will defeat these Stalkers…

…persistence and determination. Those will be the keys to your victory.

As the moonlight begins to fade, you head back to Benni’s farmstead. There is still life and hope here, and you will do anything to keep it alive.

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal / Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 23/24 | 2/10 Kurosuōbā | Dodge Rate: 40%
    Perk: Repair
    Reincarnation Forms: Nidorino, Krabby, Blaziken, Ralts, Delcatty
    EQUIPMENT:
    • Jewelry: +|J| Ruby Pendant+ (2S, 1P)

Senior Administrator

#2 Tayou the Salamence has been murdered by the Stalkers.

“…but I have a feeling it ends up with all of us dead. Yes, DEAD, just like you said…”

As she walked away from ChiChi, she didn’t realize the error of her words. She didn’t realize what was lurking in the shadows… out of sight… waiting, watching… stalking…

It was an especially loathsome morning for Dantus and Yanza. Tayou was brutally murdered, her wings ripped off, and once again forced into the victim’s throat… Tayou’s throat, to die and suffocate on. To the once Bagon that yearned to fly… it was a hideous and cruel way to be killed. And this time, Exonull made it personal.

It was rare… rare for Dantus to let emotions course through him. He was calculating, hiding his fears, his anger, his frustration… cloaked behind a stoic face. But they were at the front door of his heart... banging, screaming to be let inside.

“Are you seeing this!?” Yanza nearly screamed. “This can’t be happening! That can’t be Tayou! NO WAY!”

Fear… anger… confusion and denial were racing through her head. And the voices came… voices telling her that she should have been there… if only she caught them in the act, stopped Exonull before they had the chance to kill Tayou, this might not have happened. And an endless array of what ifs plagued her mind.

…she wasn’t even sure if she could do this anymore as things seemed to become darker and hopeless.

“Dantus…” Yanza muttered, completely in disbelief, “What… what the hell do we do now?”

Dantus himself was unsure about what Seabourne’s future would be like now that Tayou was dead. Tayou… the mayor’s wife and the overseer of city code and law… now dead. What really could be done with things so dire now was beyond him, but he insisted on shutting down emotional impulse. Drastic times called for drastic measures.

“This makes me the new overseer,” Dantus told Yanza. “And as overseer, I want you to be Sheriff, now. Find whoever you can trust. Deputize them. This time we go on the offensive. We need to uproot their secrets at any cost. I don’t care if we need to bastardize the lawbooks, we do whatever the hell we need to do to keep this town alive.”

Yanza nodded as she looked back to Tayou’s body before covering it with a cloth. No one needed to see Tayou like that. As far as Yanza was concerned, it was their time to fight back. She would not let this go unpunished…

Doom Tracker:
    6/15

Senior Administrator

Morning has arrived in Seabourne Town
    Submit your Day 6: Day Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(Saturday, August 13, 2022 11:00:00 PM EST)

@C0L0R3D @Chakramaster @ARandomTool @EmeraldSky @sammy0295 @Scytherwolf[/MENTION Noblejanobii @Lychee @DayBreak

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    ....okay. A lot happened then, but we know where these heads go! I’ll go and take myself this bullet for you folk, see if Tayou’s whole talk about Betta will lead us somewhere. Hope it does, even though she’s... ya know.

{Take the Severed Eon Heads to ThE pIt. Let’s see what I can dig up!}

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

13. This post has been liked by:

Lychee