The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Theories and Predictions

We still don't have much news as of posting this but between the fake leaks, the infamous Riddler_khu, and people like me who are just knowledgeable about Spain in general, there's certainly a fair amount of theory fodder going around.

So I want to hear it! What theories and predictions do you have about Scarlet and Violet?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Kind of wondering if the Scarlet and Violet theme will have some kind of significance or relation to the legendaries. Sometimes it does (Sword/Shield, X/Y, Black/White, and Ruby/Sapphire), but sometimes it just doesn't (Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, and Pearl/Diamond). The more recent releases seem to have that pattern, so I'm already thinking that's going to have some relation.

I'll admit I don't know much about Spain, but I'm totally expecting a new kind of bull Pokemon. Just because of bull-fighting and bull runs. xD Of course they could just use Tauros or Bouffalant, though, but I would be shocked if they didn't have at least some kind of reference to those Spanish traditions.

I'm also expecting some kind of rendition of the Basílica de la Sagrada Familia, since that's a pretty iconic Spanish landmark. We'll see, though!

Senior Moderator

What if the Pokemon journey mirrors the Camino de Santiago, with the Gyms as checkpoints (more info about the Camino)?

Not sure how that would tie into a school motif (maybe the journey/Poke-Camino is a field trip turned up to 11?), but it is something to think about.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'm also expecting some kind of rendition of the Basílica de la Sagrada Familia, since that's a pretty iconic Spanish landmark. We'll see, though!
    We actually already saw a rendition of it in the opening trailers! As well as what appears to be Parque Guell, and a few other Spanish landmarks.

/ / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Oh snap, well there it is! It's definitely fascinating how they create these Pokémon renditions!

I have a lot of hope for these games with them being the first "Open world" pokemon game. From the trailer we haven't got much but I'm doubting it will be completely open world, I'm thinking they'll do a legends approach with maybe different districts or regions. They could even separate the pokedex into regions like they did with Kalos. I'm quite interesting in how they will blend the towns into the routes or wild areas. Whether they will be separate load in zones, or if they are seamlessly integrated into the wild zones.

With the pokemon, i'm expecting the oranges and grapes to be a big thing. They have appeared quite a few times and the motifs in the words "scarlet" and violet" also point to them with the segmented scarlet and the orb like violet. Maybe the scarlet legendary with be a sharp segmented design and the violet legendary quite smooth and orblike?

Quite interested in what legends they will go forward with. Maybe fuecoco will become a serpentine dragon like some European drawings, sprigatito becoming a more lynx like cat and quaxly becoming some design related to the spanish exploration of the new world. Not sure if it would be too political to include references to the inquisition as well? I did spanish history at college and I remember that being a big part of their history.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs