Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ascension Nuzlocke

The journey begins...

Decided to make a comic based on my first (currently ongoing) Nuzlocke playthrough! As if the base game (especially the bosses) didn't contain enough pain and suffering!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DayBreak; 02-28-2022 at 12:14 PM.

From celebrated to suspicious.

Gonna try and upload these on a weekly basis of Tuesdays on 3:30 pm if I'm able to. Though if I get a decent backlog, I may also add Fridays to that, but I wouldn't really count on it. This is basically going to be ongoing alongside my own Nuzlocke in real time.
    Last edited by DayBreak; 02-28-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Awakening in the void...

Okay, so it didn't take long for me to break my schedule. Comic schedule has now returned to ????????????????

TRANSCRIPT:
    Mae: Ngh...
    Mae: That dream was nuts...
    Mae: Wait... Hang on a sec...
    Mae: Where in the Distortion World am I?!
    Last edited by DayBreak; 03-01-2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Grabbing the updated page

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hey hey welcome to the crossroads comics gang!!

Hope this nuzlocke goes well for you. I thought about doing a nuzlocke in this and it seems PRETTY brutal so best of luck!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Retracing their steps...

Decided to switch off of the Terraria font to a bit more standard one. Plus I decided to lower the default font size.

TRANSCRIPT:
    Mae: Okay, think back to earlier... Just review how this happened and we'll see if we can make sense of all of it... Let's see here...
    Mae: My name is Mae, and I've been the reigning Champ of Alola for five years...
    Mae: Today was one of my days off of defending my title, so I thought I'd head to the library to look into some history I'd been interested in. ... I guess my fatigue caught up with me, because it wasn't long before I conked out hard.
    Mae: ... That means this is all just some freaky dream I'm having!

Thanks! And yea, I don't even know how in the heck I'm gonna survive the postgame, since the ruleset I have kinda doesn't mean much when [REDACTED] swept me multiple times in my normal run through the game. And this time, I'm on a challenge ruleset, AND my options are much, much more limited.
    Anyway, here's the sparknotes version of my ruleset:

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Interesting ruleset! Hopefully it'll help you survive the post game somewhat since you might have a decent team by then haha
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Interesting ruleset! Hopefully it'll help you survive the post game somewhat since you might have a decent team by then haha
    Well, my run already suffered it's first loss (not going to spoil who), so that should be a good indicator on how this is going to go. ^^;;
    At least I can take a break from drawing the comic for a hot minute, since I've got pages queued up for the 4th, 7th, and 11th, so that should give me a bit of time to plan for how I'm going to move forward in my run.
    Anyway, on the 14th, Mae is officially dropped into Hisui like a sack of bricks, and expect to see a number of cameos in there.
    EDIT: Correction, the page slated for the 14th is complete. Now I'm gonna take a break.
    Last edited by DayBreak; 03-02-2022 at 09:14 PM.

11. This post has been liked by:

Not a dream.

Alright, the story is slowly starting to pick up a bit. Don't worry, you won't have to see this void for much longer! At most there should be only five more pages of this place left.

I figure since this is now officially a Crossroads comic (and I'll likely forget to do this later and by then the comic will have been up on other sites for a while), this site is gonna have the page about half an hour early. Also I finally figured out the update schedule: Mondays and Fridays at 5:00pm EST.

TRANSCRIPT
    Mae: Okay, so I just gotta wake myself up! A good slap should do it!
    Mae: Here goes!
    [ SLAP!! ]
    Mae: ... Well, that did absolutely nothing. So this isn't a dream after all...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DayBreak View Post
    Well, my run already suffered it's first loss (not going to spoil who), so that should be a good indicator on how this is going to go. ^^;;
    At least I can take a break from drawing the comic for a hot minute, since I've got pages queued up for the 4th, 7th, and 11th, so that should give me a bit of time to plan for how I'm going to move forward in my run.
    Anyway, on the 14th, Mae is officially dropped into Hisui like a sack of bricks, and expect to see a number of cameos in there.
    EDIT: Correction, the page slated for the 14th is complete. Now I'm gonna take a break.
    Ohohoho very exciting!! Can’t wait to see it then!!
    / / / / / / / /