It sounds vague, but what is part of a plot from a book, movie, TV show, game etc, that has stood out to you? It could be a twist, a piece of lore, a theme or motif etc. Keeping it broad:

Some of mine:
Fairy Tail- The Curse of Contradiction
When someone uses black magic to control life and death they are cursed. The curse makes them immortal, and the more value they have for the life of those around them, the more likely the curse is to kill them. On the flip side, the less value they place in the life of those around them, the more control they have over this black magic.
Spoiler:

The only way for a person with this curse to die, is to love another person with the same curse, so that their respective curses kill eachother.

From a storytelling perspective I just love the depth it added to the characters who were afflicted by it, and the range it gave them on both sides of the spectrum. Honestly, one of my favourite parts of the series.

Sword Art Online Alicization- The Seal of the right eye
Spoiler:

In an attempt to create an AI that didn't need to be preprogrammed for any specific set of circumstances, Rath learned how to create a digital copy of the human soul. As copying the soul of an adult would lead the copy to have an existential crisis and self-destruct, they copied the souls of infants, placing them in a virtual world and accelerating the pace of time. However, someone at Rath wanting to sabotage the project, wrote in a function to the digital souls which was eventually named the Seal of the Right Eye. The governing body of the virtual environment, the church, had a set of laws forbidding things like killing, stealing etc, and the seal of the right eye made it impossible for people to break those laws.

On it's own, this already is a cool world building point, especially when someone who isn't affected by it (like Kirito when he full-dives in to this digital world). Like, early on someone puts an axe back in the shed, and Kirito says "Aren't you gonna lock it?" and the response is "why? It's forbidden to steal."

Where it gets really interesting though is when someone with the Seal is willing to break the law, an error message displays over their right eye causing them pain, and if they continue to fight to break the law, their eye explodes but they are free from the seal. This happens when one character sees the law being used to hurt people and the only way to stop it is to break it. They break the Seal and gain the freedom to break the law if they choose. Granted the scene where it happens is pretty disturbing but overall the idea is one that I love.

The Eon Academy (a bloke can have pride in his own writing, can't he?)-* Like Jon, but different
Spoiler:

During the Spiritwater Crisis, whilst the League is fighting to stop Agatha, there is a third party. Brianna Levine, who has her own goals and assists the league occasionally in order to further them.

Dylan is investigating Brianna and knows she said her name is Brianna Levine whilst under the effect of a spell that prevents her from lying. However when searching government databases, he cant find anyone called Brianna Levine.

When talking to Jon, Jon makes a comment along the lines of "Then my name isn't Jon Drake".

Jon's real name is Ryan Mason, however he goes by his middle name, Jonathan, and uses his wife's surname though before that used his mother's maiden name.

Dylan realises that Jon technically wasn't lying when he said his name was Jon Drake and realises that Brianna is using the same trick. Brianna is her middle name, not her first name, and Levine is not her surname but one close to her.

I love the parallel, especially since both Jon and Brianna had their mothers murdered as children, and despite going in different ways (Jon running away, Brianna getting revenge), use the same trick to give themselves a new identity.

Will add more as I think of them.