Nothing is more fun then cosplaying and Pokemon.
And that is exactly what Sarah Michelle did when she decided to head over to Columbus, Ohio. All of this to take part in her first ever North America International Championship. While in cosplay!
Cosplay isn’t uncommon to see at Regional and International tournament events for Pokemon, they are far and few in between. Most players tend to focus more on the competitive battling side and less on what they wear. Still, Sarah went to the event with all the intention to show off her amazing cosplay while playing some TCG.Though, it seems as if she was a huge hit in more ways then one.
That is because not only was Sarah getting compliments on her cosplay from competitors and staff alike. She was also battling her way into the top tables. During her first day of battling in the TCG tournament, Sarah was wearing an amazing Shiny Sylveon cosplay. If you were in her flight, then it was guarantee that you could look up to see a pair of blue ears at one of the tables. As the day went by, those blue ears were making their way closer and closer to the top tables while playing the Fusion Strike Mew VMAX deck. By the end of her first day of playing, Sarah had gotten herself a seat in Day 2 for NAIC.
This is what Sarah had to say about her amazing Day 1 run.
So.. I made day 2 in NAIC on my first time… I was definitely not expecting it so I focused more on my cosplay but I’m excited to see what will happen today! Hope to see you guys in my other cosplay today! (Via Facebook on Virbank City)
Sarah continue her cosplaying NAIC adventure into Day 2 at NAIC. This time she wore a beautiful Shiny Umbreon cosplay. After 15 rounds of Swiss, Sarah was able to place 93rd place at NAIC. That is 93rd place out of over 1300 players at their first NAIC competition. An impressive record to end! All the while still getting compliments on their cosplay!
We reached out to Sarah and asked her what she had to say about her amazing experience at NAIC. Below is what she had to say.
“My goal after having such a fun experience meeting new people and playing competitively, is to make it to worlds and hopefully win a regional and/or International Championship during my journey there with the friends I make along the way.”
That is an awesome goal to have! We wish you the best of luck and continue making amazing Pokemon cosplay along the way! Sarah certainly have an eye on the meta based on her deck choice and knows how to craft some amazing cosplay!
Below are the cosplay that Sarah wore throughout NAIC. On the final day of the event, Sarah wore a Lucario cosplay to play in* side events.
Best of luck to Sarah in her future competitive and cosplay expeditions! And best of luck to all Pokemon competitive Trainers in the upcoming tournaments and where they may take you!
The post Pokemon Cosplayer Hits It Big at NAIC! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.