Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you like Fireworks?

Some people love them and some people hate them? Where do you stand when it comes to fireworks?
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

They're pretty cool and fun to watch! I've never fired off any of my own (I like having money), but I've seen plenty of neat displays of all sizes and formats and they can be good fun.

I think anything over an hour tends to be too much, though. After that I feel it gets to be a bit jaded and the margin of diminishing returns goes down.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I think fireworks are super pretty! I love the displays, and the science behind them is fascinating.

However, I hate the noise. Just yesterday, I was walking home from church and someone set off a (illegal) roman candle in the street and started shooting them at passing cars. It sounded like gun shots. As do most fireworks. So it's never pleasant to sit through them if I can hear the booms.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

As a kid yeah we shot off legal simple fireworks. It was fun then, but these days I don't really pay much attention to them. They can still be fun to watch, but I don't pay much attention to them. I imagine one day they'll make virtual firework shows. Many which are themed (like Pokemon). We're getting close enough with AR and VR still in the earlier stages.

I started hearing some fireworks off in the distance last night around 11pm. They didn't stop until around 1am.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    I’m personally a huge fan of these big explode-y balls of light and spirit. Mild nightmare to draw if you ever wanna do them, but overall extremely wonderful in my eyes.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

I don't like fireworks at all. They terrify and hurt the ears of so many creatures : wild animals, companion animals, some humans (including myself)... And in addition to noise pollution, they also contribute to other types of environmental pollution.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

7. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Visually I like fireworks. They're pretty to look at.
    However, the downsides are WAAAY to high to warrant setting them off just because they're pretty. Like Cleobel said, they cause way too much fear in animals of all kinds. If I want to see pretty things, there are less destructive ways to do so.

9. This post has been liked by:

They used to scare the crap out of me as a kid but now I love them. I've been laying in bed listening to them for the past few nights.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Do I like Fireworks, the 2017 anime film? Nope. Bought it because I had seen it numerous times at the store and thought it looked interesting, watched it once and regretted it. But seeing as that is oddly specific I figure this is about actual fireworks.

I enjoy them, mostly when I have my hobbyist photographer hat on and I can take photos of them. So I like them more for the photo opportunities more than anything.

Spoiler:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    I don't like fireworks at all. They terrify and hurt the ears of so many creatures : wild animals, companion animals, some humans (including myself)... And in addition to noise pollution, they also contribute to other types of environmental pollution.
    I hear you, my dad and I wore a pair of noise-reducing ear protection headsets just due to the rows and rows of firecracker strips that were set off. Last year when we didn't have them, my ears were killing me from all the dang noise. The headsets were a major help, but yeah, unfortunately pets and wild animals don't have the same luxury and the noise utterly terrifies them.

At the display we went to, there was smoke all over the place and cardboard bits and pieces got everywhere so I totally get your reasoning with the other environmental pollution factors. That and the leftover debris of all the firework packs they had all over the street was nuts. It does make a huge mess every time...

13. This post has been liked by: