Each new month brings new featured Pokémon. And believe me, this August is gonna be good!
In my last article, we discussed the new events that will be taking place this August. There is lots to discover, from GO Fest to The Pokémon World Championships, so if you haven’t read that one yet, I highly recommend it. But today I want to go over the changes in Pokémon you will find around you as well as Spotlight Hours, Community Day and the newest Research Breakthrough.
Raid Bosses

Five-Star Raids
As we currently have Dialga in Five-Star Raids, it should come as no surprise that Palkia is next up. From July 31st to August 10th, you and your friends can take on the Spatial Pokémon. As previous, Palkia can be shiny so look forward to that.
After the departure of Palkia on August 10th, Genesect with a new Drive will appear, and will stick around until August 18th. It is currently unknown whether it will be the Burn Drive or Chill Drive variant of Genesect, but because it cannot be Shiny at this time, it is a safe bet that it will be one of those two new ones.
And finally from August 18th to 31st, the Legendary Kings of Galar, Zacian and Zamazenta will return for their second appearance in Pokémon GO. This is a great opportunity to catch them if you missed either of them the first time they came around. And because they are still fresh and exciting, neither of them can be Shiny at this time.
Mega Raids
July 31st to August 10th you can expect to find Mega Abomasnow. With it’s 4x weakness to Fire-Type move, there will be no troubles taking it down. That makes this a great time to stock up on Mega Abomasnow energy and maybe snag yourself a Shiny while you’re at it.
August 10th to 18th we have ourselves a mystery Pokémon. But since this time frame falls nicely into the Bug Out! Event, we can only assume a new Bug-Type Mega Pokémon is going to be making it’s debut. I am very excited for this because there is a good chance we will get either Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor or Mega Heracross. This is of course all speculation, but grounded in science, naturally.
Moving on, from August 18th to 25th, Mega Slowbro will be atop gyms in Raid Eggs. And shortly following, from August 25th to 31st, Mega Ampharos will be taking over. Both of these can be Shiny and you don’t have long to get them, so make sure you plan your course of attack with your raid squad.
New Pokémon Appearing This August

Research Breakthrough
As usual this will be shifting to feature Galarian Stunfisk which can be shiny for lucky Trainers. The change takes place on August 1 at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT-7) If you do get a shiny Galarian Stunfisk, be sure to show us on Twitter, we would love to see it.
Spotlight Hours
Every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. you will see the featured Pokémon appear more frequently. Below is list of the Pokémon that you can expect along with bonus that goes along with it.

• August 2nd: Hisuian Voltorb – 2× Stardust for catching Pokémon
  • August 9th: Nidoran Female* – 2× XP for catching Pokémon
  • August 16th: Joltik – 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
  • August 23rd: Nidoran Male* – 2× Candy for transferring Pokémon
  • August 30th: Pidove* – 2× XP for evolving Pokémon

Community Day
We previously covered the Galarian Zigzagoon Community Day on August 13th.*However there has been a slight change that was announced recently. Previously, if enough Zigzagoon were caught at a Lure Module, it would cause Linoone to spawn. Now, instead of Linoone, there will be a 4x catch Stardust bonus. It will not stack with the already 3x catch Stardust bonus for the day, but instead be replaced by it, for all Pokémon caught at the Lure for 30 minutes.
Are you as excited for the new mystery Mega Pokémon, or the upcoming Community Day? Let us know on Twitter what new features or events you are most looking forward to. And, as always,
See you around, Genesect!
The post New Pokémon Appearing This August appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.