Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    2 years later and I'm keeping my promise :P
    But yeah, I bought Pokken in the current sale, dunno if anyone still plays it anymore but it's still fun. :3
    Oh man I haven't played in so long xD. I wonder if I remember how to play...

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Too often if I abandon a game for too long and I didn't finish it, I end up having to start all over again and pretend I'm a newbie just to relearn what I forgot.

Sometimes I'm able to get back into it, but there's other games where I've forgotten how everything works and it's usually when the enemies have gotten tougher.

Administrator

I feel the same. Unless it's a game I remember really well. I almost feel like I have to start all over again. Otherwise I won't remember all the controls or story.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah, it's especially bad if there's certain combo moves or sequences that need to be remembered and I've long forgotten them. And then not having those kinds of things for certain encounters means you're getting destroyed. MMOs are especially bad for this and I find myself having to retrain and practice on low level monsters again just to get a feel for how to do things again.

I find FPS games are pretty easy and quick to get back into if I haven't played them for a while. Heck most of the time I barely even feel the hiatus with those kinds of games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I have a farm simulator game I was playing before Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes came out, hopefully I still remember how to play that game lmao tbf it's just point and click, but the management is the problem.

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Senior Administrator

Alice: Madness Returns is a game I got very far in, but for some reason or another, I drifted out of playing it and I think I'd have a pretty tough time getting back into it. I'd hate to have to start completely over again, though. Dust: An Elysian Tail is another one that if I were to try playing it again, I'd have no idea what's going on or where I left off.

But yeah, so many unfinished games. Problem is too many cool new games keep coming out and there's no real downtime where I'm rummaging through the old stuff to wrap things up.

Yeah, games tend to come out all at once.

I actually don't have anything to play atm, I even have to turn off my Switch since I don't use it daily like I used to.

Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I don't play my Switch very much at all. Most of my gaming is on the PC and I'm usually playing something on Steam.

During a great Steam sale, games get so ridiculously cheap. Countless hours of entertainment for only a few bucks. Can't go wrong with that! Sure beats shelling out hundreds for pro baseball and football games that only last a few hours.

I remember buying FNAF for a dollar on Steam, I'd say it's a good thing because I didn't even finish Night 5 lol

I also bought Undertale on sale, as a cheapskate it was worth it at that price haha

On the other hand, I bought Stardew Valley at full price, definitely worth it (and even bought it again for my Switch)

Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)

Senior Administrator

I've never played FNAF but dang, I've seen it referenced just about everywhere. I can definitely see the Chuck E Cheese animatronics inspiration. As a kid, I never was scared of those things, but holy smokes, they were definitely pretty dumb-looking. Never knew any kid on the planet that actually liked those things.

But yeah, really, it does have me wondering just what kind of adult thought those were a good idea during the board meeting.