Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Yeah this whole situation this country is in is just weird. Can't wait dude! I'm sure it'll be awesome!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Hey everyone! So i said id try to have this up by the end of last year. My bad, buttttt good news. I have another issue already done. so you should be seeing the next issue which is a remake this week! I have like 8 issues on the burner.

Gible Bites #36 "Gibles Last Bite #3"
    Spoiler:

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Neo Emolga @Suicune's Fire @Chakramaster @Noblejanobii @Ho-Oh @brandon_g @Dragon Master Mike

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

3. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Good stuff, dude, I love seeing how much your artwork has improved!

The character expressions are always priceless. :3

5. This post has been liked by:

with Issue 36 up I wanted to celebrate a little by going back over this very long long season.

{writers notes}

Wow I finally got done with that stretch of comics! Season 3 started wayyyyyyy on 2/24/2016! Almost 4 years ago. The theme of season 3 had actually been set up at the end of season 2 when Gible having lost control ate his gf who he thought was a giant cupcake. The Gibles Last Bite 2 covered part of that. So we started off season 3 Gible in jail for murder.

issue# 24 TM Withdrawl. What made tm withdrawal stand out was it was the first issue where I changed the opening post to a picture of the pokemon writing the question. I had felt that maybe seeing the pokemon could help connect the read with the situation before than I had been using the computer screen letter as a way to start each comic. (Which was a nod to the comic strong bad) In the last issue of the comic I wanted to create a full loop from that issue which wasn't a very substantial issue but the ending featured this.
    Spoiler:

Prin up until that frame had always been featured as a Piplup. Having given no explanation of this I wanted to come back to that at some point which I thought would be good now. Piplups evolution will be covered at some point.

Issue#25 Big Eater - After putting out an issue basically calling pokemon who need evolution stones junkies I figured I would go with something more personal. At the time I created Big Eater I was working with high school students. This issue was inspired by those students because they seemed to forced to choose over popularity or themselves in a never ending dance to fit in. When reading the issue I had hoped to convey that as long as you were you and you were treated with respect either way was the right choice.
    Spoiler:

With this issue, I also realized I would need to move away from some of the core characters and build up this prison world.

Issue #26 Friendship For Sale....This issue turned out to be way over the top. Its actually one of my favorites because I got to mix in a real in-game story theme. That theme being why the hell would team rocket be mixed with Slowpoke Tails. When I first came across this years ago I always thought it was way too dark for a kids game. Beyond that I really wanted to finally address just how awful some of gibles responses were and with him being in jail I wanted to stick to a prison theme.
    Spoiler:

I realized early it would be dark but I also wanted to convey that this trauma was serious. People can be broke by betrayal. Finally, the issue ended with a teaser from the 2nd Suicune's Grace

One shot Suicune's Grace 2
    I love love loved working on this issue as the story like the last one had come from the Johto games and it was something that most players would understand. This issue you gave me a chance to break from the gible questions and use a character already established. I had planned to make this more like the first one which featured cameos of most of the members I communicated with a lot at the time but felt like just the core of her story was enough since the theme was so serious.
    Spoiler:

I didn't write it just for Xanthe but obviously felt like her contribution to the comic deserved it.

Issue #27 Happy 4th!
    If any of you out there are writers and artists you know that when you take on a big project it tends to drain you. After the last two entries, I was exhausted. I'm not sure how long the SG issue took but I remember trying my best to give that issue extra attention. When it came to this issue it was a very easy issue for me to get back into the rhythm with. You'll see these filler-type issues after a big project. This didn't require much thought. What stands out most of if anything was the introduction of the gen 7 pokemon from this point on.

Issue #28 Detective Lumin - At this point with the season going well and my confidence in my art growing I decided to tackle a new challenge. You see years before the comic the character had been created as a Xmas present to one of the members. I had loved the character so much I had drawn up templates for the issue a year before this issue but I didn't know how I could handle the noir style of art. This style is was so much different than the simple bright drawings that I had to read through noir comics to find a way to connect my story to them. I was happy with the turnout.
    Spoiler:

Issue #28 Closed Caption - After the grace issue I felt bad because I had worked on the design for Neo, Eric, Noble, and Jacob. However, I decided that I would leave Eric, Neo out because I had already had a part for them in the unreleased SG 3. I however didn't have any place for one of my closest forum friends next to Sarah. So I came up with a story that I figured represented my friendship with Jacob well(Without the swearing and mod intervention). The issue was fun to make as I hadn't gotten to introduce many new characters with a backstory like that.
    Spoiler:

Issue #29 Breaking the mold
    This issue was something fun and short but I felt like we could all relate to change. The dittos gave me a pokemon that I had always seen as whimsical but they all represented to change. Even at the end of the issue, the fact is that the change wasn't permanent and it was a choice. That ditto was meant to be me saying you can be what you want to be. Dittos are cool because they could choose to remain any other pokemon but they always go back to being just who they are.
    Spoiler:

Issue #31 Did you just assume my typing.
    Having put out a short issue before I had been planning this issue ahead of time. This issue was very personal for me and I figured it would before for those who read it. I have been fortunate to meet many students and one of the last classes of students I worked with had some very special young ladies. One of them had already come out and another was planning on doing so. Sadly though as open as some places in the us are to the LGBTQ community many others were not. So this issue was me trying to make sense of unnecessary hate.
    Spoiler:

Issue #32 Fashion Police was very much a restart issue. There was a two-year lapse between these issues. My life had changed so much and I couldn't find the creativity to make a decent comic and I'm of the mindset that if you cant give something the full energy you shouldn't do it. The comic would mean less if I just didn't care. The first couple of frames lacked depth and it could have been a filler issue but as I continued with the different stories I found my style coming back to me.
    Spoiler:

After Issue 32 I was back and I was ready. I put out the remakes for issues 4, 5, 6 and 7

Issue #33 Baby shark. issue 33 became the first new story to be put in the list of remakes. The story for this issue was because I had answered one question so poorly that I thought I could try again so I broke up an issue into two separate comics and I was happy with the outcome. Baby shark gave me a chance to add more backstory to gible and bring back Prin who I had been planning for the ending.

Issue #34 Love Potion was actually a question sent to the ask gible thread years before. The reason I had struggled with it, is because of Pikachu. I've never felt confident drawing it. For some reason, it never looks like the cartoons and it bothers me.

Finally, there was #35 Out of reach. Probably the most politically divisive issue I made. When I posted it on Instagram I lost some followers. After months of heartache, pain, and frustration with the country I love I could only think to express that by covering some of the most painful moments I had seen over the last couple of years. After this issue, my creativity and motivation were drained.

Well that's its, folks. Thanks for reading this comic. Next season you'll see the story advancing and hopefully, you'll enjoy the ride.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Good stuff, dude, I love seeing how much your artwork has improved!

The character expressions are always priceless. :3
    Thanks Neo! Im sure its hard to keep up with this story since its been so long since the last issue of GLB. starters are always fun to draw

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I caught up!
    Man I love your comics so much. I couldn't stop smiling while reading them. I love all the little details like the phantump in the fire in #33 (Also blastoyse!!). And the Aah real monsters guys in the #6 remake. There's always something cool to find. I also thought your BLM comic was really thoughtfully done. The preview panel with the Pokemon and the water is so beautiful and sad. You're a true master of expressions! I'm really glad you're still making these! :)

I also enjoyed reading all your notes for this season!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I caught up!
    Man I love your comics so much. I couldn't stop smiling while reading them. I love all the little details like the phantump in the fire in #33 (Also blastoyse!!). And the Aah real monsters guys in the #6 remake. There's always something cool to find. I also thought your BLM comic was really thoughtfully done. The preview panel with the Pokemon and the water is so beautiful and sad. You're a true master of expressions! I'm really glad you're still making these! :)

I also enjoyed reading all your notes for this season!
    Sarah !!!! Im very happy to see you posting! Im glad you enjoyed the newer stuff. You know the 80s/90s kid in me has to represent with the old school cartoons. I actually got blasted online about that Phantump. Apperently those pokemon are the souls of lost children...awkward...Thanks for taking the time to read through the notes. When I type fast there are normally lots of errors so forgive me if that post is riddled with them.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

As promised the second comic from the new batch. I tried to make this a frame for frame remake with only some minor add odds to help add a little more to the issue. as usual the original is posted below.

#7 Shiny Envy Remake/ #8 Shiny Envy (instagram)

Spoiler:

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Neo Emolga @Suicune's Fire @Chakramaster @Noblejanobii @brandon_g @Dragon Master Mike

#7 Shiny Envy !
    Spoiler:

and finally

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

11. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Daaaaang, look at that improvement in the remake! See, that's how it's done!

Again, I love the humor, the personalities, the character expressions, and they all have a great and meaningful moral to the story. You should definitely post these on ComicFury, I think these would be very popular over there!

13. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Man it's crazy looking back isn't it? Reworking something and seeing just how much you've improved over the years. Incredible work dude!

Always do love seeing Gible make his return in these. Rework or new.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

15. This post has been liked by: