Thread: songfics

songfics

This is a thread where I write stories based on songs. Be warned, I occasionally deal with not-so-PG topics, however I will keep this to a minimum and there will be many warnings if I choose write about such not-so-PG things.
    To elaborate, I pick a song. Any song. And then I translate the sounds into situations. Lyrics into life. That kind of thing. It could be any song, from a cheesy pop song to wobbly dubstep. It could be any situation, from winning the lottery to a death. (Although, knowing me, there'll probably be some unholy overlap somewhere.) And, as of me posting this thread, guess what? You can request I write based on a song you chose! Just leave a song in the comments below, and I'll write something based off it!
    Without further ado, here is the table of contents.

.-:*table of contents*:-.
    Crystalised - The xx
    Last edited by Song 7; 05-28-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Crystalised - The xx

Spoiler:
    Slam.
    The door collapsed behind me, and I held my head in my hands and sat the floor, the tears already falling from my face. I'm done. I don't want to do this anymore. I feel like I'm breaking. And before long, I heard her footsteps totter up the hall, just as I expected. "God, I'm so sorry, Matilda, I don't know what I did…" No. No, you know exactly what you did, Anisha. It was the same each time.
    "Go away."
    I wanted it to come out as a yell, but it only came out as a croak. My throat hurt like hell, just like the time before and the time before that. And each time, I always told her the same thing: "slower". And each time, she ingored me. I'm as important as you, Anisha. There are meant to be two sides to a relationship.
    "Let me in," she bleated. "I'm sorry."
    "No, you're not."
    She wasn't.

I had to let her in eventually. A hotel maid came up and asked what was wrong, and I damn well didn't want to be facing the manager this late. She darted in for a hug as soon as I opened the door, but we both knew the hug was empty, no matter how long it was. I took the opportunity to shut the door as she pulled away, holding me by my shoulders.
    "Why do you have to keep pushing me away, love?"
    And here we go with the nicknames. "Do you not love me anymore?" And with the guilt.
    I shook her off and looked away. I didn't want to be dealing with her guilty face as well. "I do, I just… need my space…"
    "You always need your space."
    "I wonder why that is!"
    I didn't mean to say that last part out loud. I sighed loudly and looked at her with the best hurt face I had the energy for. She was visibly upset. Genuinely upset, even. If only I believed it.
    I shook my head and went to the bathroom, leaving her there. Leaving the tap to run, I stared at the mirror. Ł125 I spent on this outfit. I even brought some new eyeliner. Wasted, as usual. I looked like a melting panda. I looked perfect before I went out. Well, not anymore. I dipped my head into the sink to get rid of my makeup, but the sink was full and the water overflowed onto the floor.
    Well, at least I can relate to it.

She was already in the bed by the time I got back. It was like a routine; go out, kiss, argue, sleep. It was tiring. I was too tired to get changed now, so I just got into bed, facing the wall. Hey ho, if my jewellery chokes me in my sleep, it's a blessing in disguise.
    "Every day, Matilda."
    Shut up. I want to get to sleep. I don't need your guilt-tripping.
    "I just want to get closer to you, so why am I the outsider?"
    "Anisha…"
    You could tell she rehearsed this. It was too perfect for her. I put a pillow over my head to drown her out.
    "I love you."
    I… don't know the answer to that. Do I still love her? It was too late to be asking myself this, so I told her, "I know." That shut her up.
    It was raining and the church across the road started chiming. I never learnt how to read church clocks. Anisha could- No. Time for bed.
    I went to close my eyes, but they were already shut. I put the pillow back where it belonged, and my face suddenly felt cold. I felt her hand, so I shook it off. I heard a sigh, so I ignored it. We were fine before we went on holiday for the year, then she started acting strange. Forcing herself on me. I wasn't ready to move on yet. She didn't understand that.
    She needed to understand that.

I woke up before her for the first time in a month.
    Usually she'd be by my side with an apology breakfast, but not today. Today, miraculously, she was still asleep. I was still tired, truth be told, and the thought crossed my mind of going back to sleep. No, this was an opportunity. Break the cycle. Get up and walk out.
    I quietly sat up, groggy. My throat still hurt. My head was pounding. I needed to think. Do I really have the heart to pack up and leave? Yes. I'm tired of her. She isn't going to stop. I need her to stop, and at the moment, this looks like the only way I can get through to her. Maybe I'll come back. I don't know. I hope not, but I know I'm not that strong. No, I have to be strong today.
    With what little might I had, I grabbed the water on the bedside table and thought up a plan. I had a suitcase, and it had €500 and some clothes in it. Take out the clotes, maybe throw in some food and some extra money, and then go and leave. Great. Brilliant. Now, what food do we have? I set the glass aside and looked in the cupboared. Some Haribos. Well, it'll do. I opened up the suitcase and filled it with necessities; €500 (I couldn't steal off her), Haribos and my plane ticket. Snapping it shut, I held it and tookone last look at Anisha. Maybe we'd meet again on the plane? Well, she was sleeping, so I couldn't say goodbye, could I? I gave her one last kiss on the cheek and went to open the door.
    As I turned to shut it, something caught my eye. She was standing, and she was staring at me.
    I froze.
    She shook her head.
    I shut the door.
    Last edited by Song 7; 05-27-2014 at 11:57 PM.

I didn't realised you'd posted anything till today...or was it yesterday? I don't know. xD But one of the days.

I liked your story. It was one of those stories that left readers with a lot of questions, but they don't necessarily need answers. I'm not sure if you're going to continue that story, but I'd be interested to see where it headed were that the case. You have some grammatical errors, some of which (or the ones I can see xD) I'll list below.

Quote Originally Posted by Song 7 View Post
    Ł125 I spent on this outfit.
    When talking numbers in stories, you need to write out the figure instead of writing the numbers. So this should be "One hundred-and-twenty pounds, I spent on this outfit" instead. x)

Take out the clotes, maybe throw in some food and some extra money, and then go and leave.
    Yay, clotes! There should be a h in there. xD

I set the glass aside and looked in the cupboared.
    Should be "cupboard."

Snapping it shut, I held it and tookone last look at Anisha.
    *took one

The title of the thread should...perhaps have a capital. xD I mean...that's one of the fundamentals of writing. Capital letters. lel.

Anyway, the story sort of ended abruptly. I'm not sure what exactly happened. But anyway, it's interesting to see your interpretation of a song! Makes me want to try it too. x) I'll read the next one you post too! :D One little thing I'd advice is to space out your layout so that there's a space between all the new lines. That's probably personal preference, but it's always more inviting that way. And looks nice on the forum. xD

Good job and I hope to see more!

~SF.

oh my god how late was it when i wrote this
    it's literally one of the worst things i've ever written i'm so sorry you had to endure that

Yeah, there aren't any excuses for my grammar mistakes. Sorry about that. lol
    It ended abruptly because of character limit. I don't know what it is, to be frank. I was going to have a completely different ending (I was also planning on adding the lyrics as I think it would add more context to the story), and I also planned to make it longer. But alas, I ran out of characters, and so I had to cut it. u^u
    The missing capital letter in the title is simply because it's all the rage right now. It's, like… the snapbacks of writing. Detract a capital letter for instant cool, know what I mean?
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

LOL really? Well it didn't seem to bad to me! And wait, character limit? On what? The character limit for a post is, like, 60,000 characters, I'm certain. Maybe it's because you put it in spoilers, but I doubt that's the case too. xD I'm certain there's a massive character limit.

And nah, grammatical errors are fine. There were hardly any so you're good. xD And nah, I think I liked it without the lyrics. Lyrics in the middle sometimes detracts from the story, methinks. It could just be me though. xD

And no...I don't understand that at all. XD I can understand people not using full stops on the end of their sentences, but when people don't use capital letters, I just see it as messy/lazy. XD Not saying you are, since you seemed to have done it for a reason, but I don't spend time on sites like tumblr anyway so I'm more used to seeing good grammar. Lol. A lot of people on this forum seem to speak with near-perfect grammar naturally. XD lel. (I often type 'lel' with no capitals because it looks nice and symmetrical. XD) Well if there's a reason for it then I suppose it's fine, but yeah, wouldn't do it myself. XD

WELL. If this was late-night bad writing, WRITE SOMETHING REALLY COOL SO I CAN READ IT AND BE AMAZED! 8D

~SF.

No, I'm on a 3DS. Character limits on it have been bugging me since the day I got the thing. Even worse, it's unlikely I'll get my laptop back, and my phone looks like it'll be one of those flip-up Motorola ones for the forseeable future. umu

I like adding the lyrics in because it's clearer where I got certain bits of the story from. Also, people are too lazy to listen to the song / don't like the genre of the song, so it puts the 'song' in 'songfic'.

Get with the times then, grandpa. You don't understand our emotions. -^-

Well, I can most certainly try. Again, unknown character limit, so don't expect it to be great. n_n
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

That was a really good read. Do you know when you read something and it just resonates with you? It was exactly like that for me.

The one thing that I'd complain about as the abrupt ending, but that's because I could most probably read an entire book based on that short sample. There's so much that could be explored with the characters.

If you think that was one of the worst things you've ever written, I can't wait until you think one of the things you post here is one of your best.

No, I'm on a 3DS. Character limits on it have been bugging me since the day I got the thing. Even worse, it's unlikely I'll get my laptop back, and my phone looks like it'll be one of those flip-up Motorola ones for the forseeable future. umu

I like adding the lyrics in because it's clearer where I got certain bits of the story from. Also, people are too lazy to listen to the song / don't like the genre of the song, so it puts the 'song' in 'songfic'.

Get with the times then, grandpa. You don't understand our emotions. -^-

Well, I can most certainly try. Again, unknown character limit, so don't expect it to be great. n_n
    OH LERD NO! NOOOO NOT THE 3DS! That thing is horrible for internet browsing! xD Instantly feel bad for you. Noooooooooo. D: You can't use anything else? Man oh man, that sucks. The character limit is seriously annoying on that thing. -_-

Ah okay, well fair enough.

I am a grandpa in all his glory.

xD Okay then. I reeeeeally hope you find a new device to use! ...Somehow!

~SF.