Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
Been watching through Sword Art Online: Alicization (was waiting for the dub and still haven't watched the final two as the dub isn't out for them yet) and I gotta say I am torn on my enjoyment of it.

Spoiler:

Basically I really like the overarching plot of it. The fact that instead of being in a game, he is trapped in a simulation with the digital copies of infant souls raised inside the simulation. It's a refreshing idea, and it really makes it tricky to view characters such as Eugeo as Alice through the lens of human or program when they have elements of both.

The thing that is killing it for me is just how unnecessarily gross it has gotten. Don't get me wrong, I am no stranger to SAO and the once per season "Kirito stops a rape" scene, but this season, it was just unsettling and over the top, as well as the fact that Administrator can't seem to keep her clothes on, and seems to hypnotize Eugeo by getting naked in front of him. The series is crossing more and more over the line, and whilst it has stepped over it in the past, not this far.)
I am waiting for the next episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of Underworld (2019–20)