Need a weekly read?
Then we have just the thing! Especially if you want to get some good reads as you end your week. That is because there is the Johto Times!
What is the Johto Times?

The Johto Times is a weekly newsletter that comes out every Thursday. It is written by Darren. A long time writer, Pokemon fan, and Rowlet lover.
Each week, Darren provides weekly content over the happenings around Pokemon, his opinions and personal memories around the franchise. This may range from talking about the TCG, his personal collection or various things regarding Pokemon that you may or may not know.
Personal Favorite Picks

There are currently eight issues of the Johto Times. All of them are great to read when you have a few minutes of downtime or simply just want to read some good Pokemon related content. They are not long reads and enjoyable.
Below are some of my personal picks if you want to get started on reading the Johto Times.
Issue 8: Interview with Ray (Pokemon Elite 2000)– Darren was able to track down Ray from Pokemon Elite 2000. Those who have been around the Pokemon internet fandom may recall PE2K and Ray/Ryan. Though, a good plenty may not know this. So let me give you a quick catch up. PE2K is where Pokemon Crossroads came from and many of it’s staff had their humble beginnings. Including myself.
It was great to read this interview and hear from Ray again. Especially on what inspired him to create PE2K and all the work he did to build such a site. Especially during a time when the internet and Pokemon were both young. You can read just the interview by clicking here.
Issue 5: Pokémon Center NY Historical Website– In this issue, Darren was able to interview the two masterminds behind the website, Pokemon Center NY Histroical website. Grace and Julie talked with Darren with how their interest in collecting led into the defunct Pokemon Center NY. They talk about some pieces that they were able to retrieve from the Pokemon Center NY along with some of their favorite fan-submitted items.
Issue 7: My Pokémon Collection – Part 2– I am just a fan of looking at old Pokemon things. I don’t know why and I don’t know how. You know, I’m something of a collector myself.So maybe that is why I enjoy this look into Darren’s collection. They are old things that I never had as a kid and still marvel upon now that I am an adult.
Final Words

The Johto Times may not get you up-to-date information regarding Pokemon news. It will give you a great look into Pokemon from a fan who really does have a passion for the series and writing. Well worth a stop in your inbox every Thursday to read a quick Pokemon related item.
We really do recommend that you check out Johto Times and subscribe. You will be glad that you did.
The post Check out the Johto Times! A Weekly Newsletter! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.