How many people came here from PE2K?

Hello! I'm new here but an old member at PE2K and I know a lot of people moved from there to here.
    I was just wondering who else did and maybe we can catch up on being friends or become new friends now? UvU

I was also curious about everyone's opinions on this move over if there is one.

Personally, I'll be going to PE2K from time to time, but I know I'll eventually move into here. And, I'm going to miss PE2K a lot. :c As well as Judge Dredd who may not move over to this forum.

Pearl FC- | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790

I am, too. I hadn't been there for a year and sometime after I came back, Typhlosion sent me a PM advertising the forum. That was before it was fully open for the public to post it; I posted a little bit then, but now I find myself going on a posting craze. xD

I think it was a smart choice, and definitely the right idea. I don't think of this as an upgrade to PokemonElite; I think of this as a fresh start for all Pokemon community members to gather around, just as the website's name suggests.

Ah, I have a feeling he will move over here after a while. Thinking about it, after a little while, pe2k will be even more lacking in activity; if users from the forum want to stay connected with their fellow PokemonElite'ers, they will quite likely end up conforming and immigrating here.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

*raises hand*

I think the move was for the best. PE2K could crash at anytime, and we would lose everything. We'd never know if Ryan stopped paying for the site, decided to close it down, etc. He wouldn't come back and tell us, because if he cared we wouldn't be moving!

PE2K will either crash or die completely, I'm afraid. I wanted to put my time and effort into Crossroads, because PE2K's fate is sealed. Even if Ryan did come back, we'd have to lose everything for the site to be fixed, I'm sure. Un-merge ourself from the other server, clear out clutter, etc. Maybe we wouldn't, I don't know for sure.

No point in really staying on PE2K sadly. We did all we could, but PE2K had a good run. :C

I'm from PE2K, where I've been RPing and chatting with people for several years now. XD Previous usernames included Riika-chan and Winter_Cherry, if you don't recognize this one.

As for the move, I think it was a good idea. I will probably stay on both sites until PE2K actually kicks the bucket, and might go back from time to time to re-read old RPs, but I don't think I'm going to be as active there as I am here. The pros of moving here massively outweigh the pros of staying on just PE2K, even though I will miss people who decide not to transfer over, like Dredd (unless he changes his mind...and I reall yhope he does).

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Just gonna put my responses under a spoiler tag, don't want to clutter the thread too badly. XD;

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I am, too. I hadn't been there for a year and sometime after I came back, Typhlosion sent me a PM advertising the forum. That was before it was fully open for the public to post it; I posted a little bit then, but now I find myself going on a posting craze. xD

I think it was a smart choice, and definitely the right idea. I don't think of this as an upgrade to PokemonElite; I think of this as a fresh start for all Pokemon community members to gather around, just as the website's name suggests.

Ah, I have a feeling he will move over here after a while. Thinking about it, after a little while, pe2k will be even more lacking in activity; if users from the forum want to stay connected with their fellow PokemonElite'ers, they will quite likely end up conforming and immigrating here.
    Weren't you in the Competitive Battling forums a few times? I think I've seen you in there, your username is familiar. XD

I agree that it will be lacking in members now. I feel like I've seen more activity on here in one day than I have on PE2K in a week. It's sad. :c Especially with Dredd, he seems to be really stubborn about trying, but he's been trying for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
    *raises hand*

I think the move was for the best. PE2K could crash at anytime, and we would lose everything. We'd never know if Ryan stopped paying for the site, decided to close it down, etc. He wouldn't come back and tell us, because if he cared we wouldn't be moving!

PE2K will either crash or die completely, I'm afraid. I wanted to put my time and effort into Crossroads, because PE2K's fate is sealed. Even if Ryan did come back, we'd have to lose everything for the site to be fixed, I'm sure. Un-merge ourself from the other server, clear out clutter, etc. Maybe we wouldn't, I don't know for sure.

No point in really staying on PE2K sadly. We did all we could, but PE2K had a good run. :C
    Before attention was raised, I totally forgot that Ryan really hadn't been active. Honestly, I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't stopped paying for the site sooner. And, it's a good point; if he did care, the site would have been treated better. I'm seeing the differences with all these crazy features that are here that PE2K didn't have! We probably could have been more up to date if he were around. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I'm from PE2K, where I've been RPing and chatting with people for several years now. XD Previous usernames included Riika-chan and Winter_Cherry, if you don't recognize this one.

As for the move, I think it was a good idea. I will probably stay on both sites until PE2K actually kicks the bucket, and might go back from time to time to re-read old RPs, but I don't think I'm going to be as active there as I am here. The pros of moving here massively outweigh the pros of staying on just PE2K, even though I will miss people who decide not to transfer over, like Dredd (unless he changes his mind...and I reall yhope he does).
    I think I might've seen you as Winter_Cherry, but I've never really come around to saying hi. So, hi now! :D

Agreed, I'll probably keep going back and forth as well. Once Dredd leaves, I'll probably move into this forum permanently. He's really the only tie I have to PE2K now. :/ (He even mentioned that he's thinking about retiring from PE2K this September... I'm not sure what to think about that since he's been so active since I met him, ya know?)

Overall, I think the move was for the best. I'm thinking of it more as allowing the community to still stay alive with an active leader to the forum, but I'm really hoping that everyone can move here. I'd really miss everyone. :c

Pearl FC- | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Yep, I came from PE2K as well.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'm from PE2K. I've had multiple usernames on there. =P

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm here from PE2K too! I'm glad to see all you guys made it. :) It is very sad to see PE2K go downhill, but at least here we have a fresh start.
    GCEA