Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I wanna join! Madoka was great. I'm watching Soul Eater on Toonami, and it's great so far.

I'd like to join c:

Right now I'm watching: Fairy Tail, One Piece, and Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
    John
    Egbert

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    You guys are in! Welcome to PXR~!
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Count me in!

Hokay. So I watched through a lot of Yu Yu Hakusho recently. There is a scene at the end of Yusuke and Kuabara's first battle with Toguro with Heie that is just so awesome. Remember Tarukane has kidnapped Heie's sister Yukina and he's torturing her emotionally to produce tears because her tears turn into really expensive jewels. Heie busts in and slices three guards, and starts explaining that Tarukane can't run from death forever. Tarukane, who doesn't know that Heie is Yukina's sister, starts trying to buy Heie off with money. "That broad behind you makes jewels you wouldn't even believe. I can pull millions from her!" Ohhh, bad mistake. Heie just punches him in the face, he goes flying into this sorta bullet proof glass, his head hits it, and the glass cracks. Heie walks over and proceeds to give him the beating of his life. He punches him in the face over and over, while Botan calls to Heie not to kill him because he's forbidden to kill humans and if he does he'll be severly punished (nevermind the fact that he just sliced three guards, they're extras, but killing a main antagonist is what will get you in trouble). Heie's response? "They're just afraid of justice!" So he's about to deliver the fatal blow when Yukina stops him. My jaw dropped. Best line in all of Yu Yu Hakusho. o.o

You can find it on Youtube but I won't link to it here because of some of the language. But yah.

Not really cute but, sure, I have 8th grade syndrome too. xD
    Last edited by Sanctus; 08-16-2013 at 04:57 AM.

You're in!

Yu Yu? You know, I never actually watched that. DX

I'm gonna see waht I can go watch again, I'm interested in Prism Ilya! :D
    What is happiness?

Well this is definately my scene, count me in!

My all time favorite anime is the Monogatari series. (Bakemono, Nisemomo, Nekomono, etc.)

I've read spoilers about the other LN's, except for the final 2 that are to be released this year (pt1 - sept 9 and final volume sometime in summer), and i'm pretty much all 'giddy' about what will happen, the story in it's entirety intrigued me like no other anime has, and this is the first time i've been so absorbed into an anime/manga/LN storyline so much.

As for anime in general, i'm a comedy/romance guy myself, current;y ALSO watching highschool DxD and Brothers Complex on the side =)

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    Yu Yu? You know, I never actually watched that. DX
    WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?! D<

YOU WILL DEVOTE A WEEK OF YOUR EXISTENCE RESOLVING THIS ISSUE PROPERLY!

... No, but seriously, anime is a thing. I like it. Count me in, and consider your club more awesome.

A few animes that make up my top 5 of late:

YU YU HAKUSHO (grrrrr... D<)
    Orphen (Dunno why no one's ever heard of this. .___.;)
    Soul Eater (It's on Netflix, by the way.)
    Highschool of the Dead (IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT I WATCH IT FOR THE ZOMBIES!)
    Fullmetal Alchemist (either series is good to me)

I wanted to add Sword Art Online, but I wasn't sure what I'd get rid of for it. But it is fantastic, and I'm excited for more when they get around to it.

But I've watched all those all the way through. I'm currently watching Fairy Tail as well. Dunno where I'll go after that.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

*high-fives XaiakuX* You have good taste in anime. I haven't seen Orphen but I have heard of it. Someone I knew owned it actually and I wanted to watch it but never got to. :/ Since you bring it up though, I'll watch it.

I have a question about Sword Art Online. How much action is there in it? The reason I ask is because I was a huuuuuuge fan of the .Hack// series years ago, and Sword Art Online is similar in many ways, but it seems that SAO isn't nearly as dramatic or dark as .Hack//. These are all first impressions based on nothing but trailers but really, it just seems like a weak .Hack//.

Hm. I don't think I could actually compile a top five. I could only say that Ruroni Kenshin is probably my favorite? But then I also like Gundam Wing...

I've heard of Orphen, I just never watched/read it. I dunno, Yu Yu never captured me as a series that I must go watch, that's probably why. Then again, my favourites are of a different kind of tone:

1. Monster
    2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    3. Noein
    4. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
    5. Fate/Zero

So far anyway. I'm definitely more of a manga reader myself though.

Kenshin and Gundam Wing are both still good. Wing and Turn A Gundam were the last gundam to be interesting. Seed and on got weak.

SAO I hear is like .hack with more action and less plot. The setting is certainly one thing that ties the two together, but it seems like they're simply different genres.
    What is happiness?

I probably like drama the most. Even when it comes to action, it's primarily the drama of the battles that keeps me hooked. Kenshin, Soul Eater, and to a lesser extent, Yu Yu struck a great balance between action, drama, and comedy. Of course they have different types of humor too.

For that matter I actually read a little bit of Fruits Basket for the humor, but it was ultimately too girly for me and I had to put it down. xD