Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.::The 721::. [A Pokédex Project]

"Are you up to the challenge?"

Once upon a time, there was a thread on Pokémon Elite 2000 known simply as "The 493." The 493 was a project started by a nameless entity. The idea behind this project was to create a banner, a tag, for every single one of the four hundred and ninety-three Pokémon. This project was renewed by @Tombi of that same forum only a year later. It erupted the forum into a frenzy of hectic and messy banner making. I, myself, was included in this lot.

On this day I bring this project to Pokémon Crossroads. However, I call it The 721, for the current amount of Pokémon currently in the Pokédex. My goal is as simple as my predecessors. Create a banner for all seven hundred and twenty-one Pokémon! But we can't do it alone! We need your help!

"We? Who is this we?" You may ask..

Well.. Myself, obviously.. Well.. The magnificent @Suicune's Fire! As well as the lovely @Braixen! Both talented and wonderful women who have earned my respect.

So then your next question must be.. "Well what can I do to help?"

Well..
    Sign-Up

Code:
    Username:
    Banner Example:
    How Active Are You?:
    The Requirements

How do I make a banner for you?

Well first you gotta know how to make a banner. After that, it's pretty easy.

The banner must include an image of the Pokémon you have chosen.

The banner must include the National Pokédex number of the Pokémon you have chosen.

Your chosen images must be official art, only. Or else they won't be featured on the home page. That is unless you DRAW your Pokémon before adding it to a banner. Then by all means.

The banner must be your entirely own creation. If there is a breach of this, it will be proven against you, and you will be punished. Art thieves are not welcome here. I lift, bro.

The banner must not exceed 500 x 250.

The banner cannot have two different species of Pokémon.

How many banners can I submit?

No more than three a day. I would like quality over quantity. Also, you may only reserve three Pokémon at a time.

How do I submit a banner?

Just tell us which Pokemon you would like to reserve, or if you feel lucky, just go ahead and make one for a Pokémon. Once you've finished it, upload it securely onto a Photobucket account or something similar, and post it on here.

ALL MEMBERS OF THE PROJECT MAY HAVE A PROFILE POST TO KEEP ALL OF THEIR COMPLETED BANNERS AND RESERVES IN CHECK.

ALL BANNERS SUBMITTED ARE FREE TO USE IN YOUR SIGNATURES, AS LONG AS YOU CREDIT THE ARTIST WHO MADE IT.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for:

[This is one that I made back in 2009 for the 493. I don't count it for THIS project.]
    [Refer to THIS POST for what NOT to submit.]

ALSO!
    For the sake of sanity, we're going to start of with the first generation, and when it's complete we'll move on to the next respective generation. We'll repeat this process until we work our way to and complete the sixth generation.

Now there is something that I must bring forward that you may not like. You cannot use Mega Evolutions in your banners.

I mean you can.. if you hit the proper rank!

... Rank?

Well, that's a funny story. See, when you submit a banner, and it's accepted into the Pokédex, you receive a shiny new point. when you reach a certain number of points, you rank up. After you hit a certain rank, you'll be allowed to use Mega Evolutions.

Mega Evolutions!

Now.. despite what I just said, there's a little more you should know. Mega Evolutions don't count for the regular Pokédex. It counts for the new Megadex. Unfortunately since there are SO FEW Mega Evolutions, each person who hits this rank, will be entitled to 2 Mega Pokémon total. Here is the List of Mega Pokémon:

Spoiler:
    #003 - Mega Venusaur
    #006 - Mega Charizard X
    #006 - Mega Charizard Y
    #009 - Mega Blastoise
    #015 - Mega Beedrill
    #018 - Mega Pidgeot
    #065 - Mega Alakazam
    #080 - Mega Slowbro
    #094 - Mega Gengar
    #115 - Mega Kangaskhan
    #127 - Mega Pinsir
    #130 - Mega Gyarados
    #142 - Mega Aerodactyl
    #150 - Mega Mewtwo X
    #150 - Mega Mewtwo Y
    #181 - Mega Ampharos
    #208 - Mega Steelix
    #212 - Mega Scizor
    #214 - Mega Heracross
    #229 - Mega Houndoom
    #248 - Mega Tyranitar
    #254 - Mega Sceptile
    #257 - Mega Blaziken
    #260 - Mega Swampert
    #282 - Mega Gardevoir
    #302 - Mega Sableye
    #303 - Mega Mawile
    #306 - Mega Aggron
    #308 - Mega Medicham
    #310 - Mega Manectric
    #319 - Mega Sharpedo
    #323 - Mega Camerupt
    #334 - Mega Altaria
    #354 - Mega Bannette
    #359 - Mega Absol
    #362 - Mega Glalie
    #373 - Mega Salamence
    #376 - Mega Metagross
    #380 - Mega Latias
    #380 - Mega Latios
    #382 - Primal Kyogre
    #383 - Primal Groudon
    #384 - Mega Rayquaza
    #428 - Mega Lopunny
    #445 - Mega Garchomp
    #448 - Mega Lucario
    #560 - Mega Abomasnow
    #475 - Mega Gallade
    #531 - Mega Audino
    #719 - Mega Diancie

Yes, I counted Primal forms... deal with it. <3

Now for the..

Ranks and Members List!

The Leaders
    (This lot runs the show. Whatever any one of these people says in this thread is law.)

XaiakuX - .::Profile::.
    Braixen
    Suicune's Fire

Head Helpers
    (This lot is hand-picked to help the leaders by accepting banners and compiling lists for us to work if things get overwhelming.)

---
    ---

Elite Members
    (Achieve this by contributing at least 50 total banners to the project. You gain the ability to make a banner of a Pokémon from a locked region once a week.)

---
    ---

Honored Members
    (Achieve this by contributing at least 25 total banners to the project, and receive the ability to work on two Megadex Pokémon.)

PTGigi
    ---

Respected Members
    (Achieve this by contributing at least 10 total banners to the project.)

---
    ---

Great Members
    (Achieve this by contributing at least 5 total banners to the project.)

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    ---

Members
    (Welcome to The 721!)

Saraibre Ryu
    ShadowJay
    Lightning Dash
    wilpin7
    Purple Umbreon
    ---

Let's get this party started!
    Last edited by XaiakuX; 09-29-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

2. This post has been liked by: